Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Cabin Leader Nominations!

Go down 
+3
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Zan
Angel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Cabin Leader Nominations! Empty
PostSubject: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

DO NOT SKIM THIS MESSAGE.
I myself am a skimmer, but you must read everything thoroughly for this.
There is important information throughout this entire message.

Hello there, everyone! Yes it's that time of year again. It's time for the Cabin Leader Nominations to begin! However, we're doing things a little differently.
We took notice of your suggestions and have changed up the rules for the elections. If these changes go well, then they will be instituted in future elections as well. If they do not, please bare with us and we will make the appropriate changes when the time for a new election comes.
So here are some of the new things that we're doing this election: Implementing a term limit, requiring an in character interview from all nominees, and more. So why don't I explain some of these things to you?

Over the history of CHB, we've held CL elections once per year, usually in the summer. However, by that time, about 75% (or more) of the cabin leaders are no longer active. This is going to change. From now on, we will be holding two elections per year. There will be one held in June and one held in December. I understand this election is a little late, but the future elections will follow this pattern.
We will also be having activity checks for the Cabin Leaders and their co-cabin leaders. They will come at random times. If a CL/co-CL does not respond to two activity checks in a row, they will be removed from their position. Of course, if notice is given ahead of time of inactivity, they will not be removed.
Please know, this is not punishment. We understand that real life gets in the way sometimes. But we, as the staff, have to set rules so that every cabin has an active CL.

Another new aspect we have added are term limits. This means that if you, the user, have been elected to any cabin with any character twice (Whether they be in a row or not) you are not allowed to run for another two terms.
A term is an election and the time in between (about 6 months, since there will now be two elections a year). This will be explained further in the rules that I will be posting below.

Rules:
      • If you, the user, have been elected for CL twice during your time here on CHB, you are not allowed to run again for any cabin with any character for another two elections. (Example: I was elected for Dionysus CL and served one term. I was then elected for Khione CL and served one term. I am not allowed to run again for another two terms.)

• If you were chosen as a replacement CL and you were not elected for two terms, then you may run again. (Example: Nico was chosen as the Apollo replacement CL and has only won one election, she can run once more before her two terms are up.)

• The first two terms on do not have to be consecutive. (Example: Bob was Poseidon CL four elections ago, and then was elected Poseidon CL this last term. Bob still has to wait two terms before running again)

• If the CL elected did not finish out their whole second term, due to resignation or inactivity (announced or not), they are still prohibited from running for another two terms. (Example: If Billy was elected as Hades CL and served his full term, then was elected the next time and left after a month, he is still not allowed to run for another two terms.)

• The new CL is allowed to decide if they want a co-CL or not. Up to one may be selected. It is suggested, but not required.

• The CL is in charge of how they pick their co-CL. Members (this applies to mods and admin as well) are NOT allowed to ask to be co-CL. The new CL is allowed to hold auditions, or is allowed to just simply pick their co-CL.

• People serving their two terms off may be chosen as co-CL. (Example: The new Zeus CL can choose Zan as her co-CL, but Zan is not allowed to ask, hint, or pressure the person into choosing her.)

• Campaigning, asking for nominations, and asking for votes is strictly prohibited. If anyone is caught sending mass PM's, asking for votes/nominations in the chatbox, or posting flyers around the site, their character(s) will be removed from the ballot.

• If the staff believes that someone is not doing their proper duty as CL, even if they respond to activity checks, they hold the right to remove them. The vote from the mods, admin, and CL's to remove someone must be unanimous and must have proper reasoning.

• We will hold regular activity checks for the CL's. If they do not respond to TWO activity checks in a row, without giving further notice, they will be removed from CL. If notice is given, the inactivity is excused.

• You are allowed to nominate yourself, and you are allowed to vote for yourself.

• Each character can only nominate up to one person.

• Your character must be a member of the cabin they nominate someone for.

• You are allowed to have a character running for CL in up to two cabins. However, in the event that you win both, you will be asked to choose and the person with the second highest amount of votes will be chosen to win.

• If you receive an official PM warning from the CHB administration during the nomination/voting period of this election, the candidacy of your character(s) in this election may be in jeopardy.

Any character from the following members will not be counted if they are nominated for any cabin:
    Zan (Chrome Lion)
    Angel
    Colby (Sheep)
    Dean (Mexican Juan)

These members have been elected twice, and they can not run for another two terms. (If you are aware of a member being elected as CL twice, please notify an admin.)
We know that some of these rules are a little harsh, and we know that this does eliminate some top candidates for the upcoming elections, but we want to keep the CL's active and new, because up to this point, they haven't been. Real life gets in the way, it happens to the best of us. But this is a staff position and should be treated as such.

Now I have one last thing to add to this message before I post the ballot boxes. As I mentioned before, we have one more implement that we have added. It's called the "In Character Interview" and it has been suggested by multiple people.
If your character(s) are nominated for the election, then you are required to answer the following questions in their character:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Years in Camp:[/b]
[b]What you have to offer as cabin leader:[/b]
[b]Why you think people should vote for you/why you deserve the position:[/b]
This form is a requirement for all candidates in every cabin. If one does not fill out the form by the time the nominations are over, their character's name(s) will be removed from the ballot.
No exceptions will be made. I'm very sorry if you were on vacation while your character was nominated by someone else and you didn't have internet in time, but we want every single form from every single candidate for the entire voting process. It's a shame, but due to the circumstances we will not be making exceptions.
Once a character is nominated, an admin will PM that user with the form, requesting that it be filled out.
If you receive this PM, you are to fill out the form, send it back to one of the admin via PM (and PM only).
For each cabin's voting topic, every form we receive will be posted and will be open for view by the members when they cast their votes for the future CL's.
If you nominate your own character or you notice your character was nominated, feel free to PM an admin your filled out form without waiting for us to ask.
You are also welcome to PM your form to more than one admin if you see it necessary.

If you have any questions about the new nomination rules, feel free to post them here for PM a staff member and we will try to answer your inquiry to the best of our ability.
The ballot boxes can be found in the following links:
Zeus Ballot Box
Hera Ballot Box
Poseidon Ballot Box
Demeter Ballot BoxAres Ballot Box
Athena Ballot Box
Apollo Ballot Box
Hephaestus Ballot Box
Aphrodite Ballot Box
Hermes Ballot Box
Dionysus Ballot Box
Hades Ballot Box
Nyx Ballot Box
Hecate Ballot Box
Khione Ballot Box
Muses Ballot Box

The nominations will close in one week (August 9th, 2012 @ 11:00pm EST).
An update will be posted here when the polls are up and ready for votes.

Thank you and let the 2012 Cabin Leader elections begin!

Last edited by Angel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

I like how I was at the top of that list. D; sobbing cries about it
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 am

Ok, let me see if I got this . . .

If i nominate my Own charrie, I can PM an admin that form right away after i nominate my charrie, or do I have to wait for an admin to PM me?

And also, I AM allowed to have more than one charrie for a cabin elected? like, i have Starr and David fro Aphrodite, am I allowed to have both nominated?

Thats pretty much my only concerns ;D
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:06 am

No you don't have to wait for an admin.

And yes you can have two characters running in the elections, either in the same cabin or different ones. And they can both nominate themselves, because each character gets one nomination for their cabin.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 am

Wait so I'm confused. We can nominate up to two characters as long as it's not the same character doing the nominating, right?
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 am

Okay...let me try and explain this.

You can have two characters running in the elections at most. They can be running in the same cabin, or you can have one in one cabin and one in the other.

Those characters can nominate themselves, but each individual character only gets one nomination (And it must be in the cabin that they're a member of)

In Hannah's case, because she has two Aphrodite characters, they each get one chance to nominate someone, either themselves or one of their siblings.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 am

So this doesn't include the Group Leaders? And I can nominate someone else, yes?
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 am

Wow, earlier than I was notified of. HAHA. xD I wonder who I should vote for....
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Wait, so I have two children of Aphrodite I want to run, but also two Athena children I want to run. Pretty much, I want to nominate most of my charries XD (lolhoarder) So, I'm not allowed to have more than two of my charries nominated? Like, I want to nominate Starr and David for Aphrodite, and Alex and Chance for Athena, am I allowed to do that?
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

I think they mean that you only nominate two charries, period. So you would have to pick and choose. That's how I understood it. If you nominated them both, then you would have four characters nominated, which is against the rules. I think...
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Okay. I'm going to put this as simply as I possibly can.

You are only allowed to have two of your characters running in this election. Whether you nominate them yourself or someone else nominates them does not matter. It also does not matter what cabin they are in.
If we are to tally up all of the candidates in this election, each member is only allowed to have up to two characters running. If it turns out they have more than two, then you will be asked to pick who isn't running.

Dean, at the moment, this is only for Cabin Leaders. Plus, you didn't run in the GL elections. And you can still nominate other people and vote.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 am

Important Message!

I'm sorry to double post, but this is very important! Most of you guys that have been nominated or nominated your characters have NOT sent in an interview! I've PM'ed every nominee that I don't have, so please fill them out! I would hate to have to remove your character from the ballot because you didn't fill out an Interview.
So here's a few common questions that have been asked about the Interview:
    If I notice my character has been nominated/nominated them myself, do I have to wait for a PM from an admin to send in my interview?
    Absolutely not! Please send in your interviews whenever you want to! You DO NOT have to wait for a PM from an admin to send it in! Be proactive, it's good!

Where do I send my Interview?
    You are to send the completed Interview to one of the active admin. You are also allowed to send the interview to more than one, if you wish to be extra safe.

What does the question "What you have to offer as cabin leader:" mean?
    This question is asking for positive qualities that make for a good leader. If your character is responsible, level headed, and a good listener, those are all things that you should list in this interview.

Is this interview in character?
    Yes yes yes! If you answer out of character, you will be asked to redo it.

The other point I want to talk about is the number of characters we have nominated so far. The number is extremely lacking. There are quite a few cabins that only have one nomination. PLEASE nominate your characters or, if you already have two running, nominate someone else's characters! If we have ANY cabins that only have one nomination, we will be prolonging the ballot box process for another week, rather than moving on to the voting starting on the 10th.
NOMINATE. They don't just have to be your characters! Once you nominate your two characters, you are free to nominate someone else's as long as you have a character as a member of that cabin.
    For Example:
    Susie Jane nominated her son of Hermes for the Hermes cabin and she also nominated her Daughter of Hecate for the Hecate cabin. She then had her Dionysus, Poseidon, and Demeter characters all nominate one of their half-sibling for the election.
    NOMINATE NOMINATE NOMINATE.

That is all, stay tuned for more updates/important messages!
Sincerely, with love and cookies,
The CHB Staff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabin Leader Nominations!   Cabin Leader Nominations! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin Leader Nominations!
Page 1 of 1