Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 am

I became surprised. What is she up to? I maybe a daughter of Aphrodite but I know when a friend of mine is off to do with some agenda.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" I felt kind of a little worry about that. I never had a sister and it would make me sad and all worry if something happens to her. Well, I grew up without any siblings and it felt warm to know I do have a sibling.

My Pegasi smiled and neighed happily to Amber. I nodded. "Well, I guess I should bring her to Chiron." I thought. "Okay, auh? Sweetheart will just fly over here if you need her or help." I say as I remove my necklace that has a thin crystal whistle. "Use that to call her." I handed the whistle over to Amber.

((okay, I'll bring her over lolz))
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 pm

"Sure, thanks." I took the whistle and put it in my pocket. I waved bye to my friends, winking to Aria," I hope I'll get to know you better... sister...?" Then I turned and ran into the dark forest, Cinder following me. Seconds later, I was out of their sight and only after I put about half a kilometre distance between them and myself then I stopped and looked at my surroundings.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 am

Aria and I rode Sweetheart and flew back to camp grounds. I found Maddie wandering near the main grounds by the infirmary.

"I'll go to Chiron on my own..." I say.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, I can manage besides what could possibly- Whoa! What's happening?" I asked. I was glowing. I looked up above my head and there was a swirling thing that looked like a hologram it was a black dog.

"Wow, nice timing...Hecate claimed you." I smiled. "Exactly in the night of the full moon."

"Hello? It's night already..." I say. "I'm going to Chiron while I'm still having this glow thingy..." I walked off to Chiron while I'm still glowing like a crystal.

I waited for Aria to leave. "Maddie, we need to go back, we can't let anything happen to Amber..." I whispered.

"Why? Wait, you left her there alone? Ha-How about Aria?" I asked. "You can't leave her."

"Hello? She has a cabin leader, she'll be fine alright? Come on!" I drag Maddie to Sweetheart and fly back to the forest.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:26 am

I looked at my watch. It showed 4:75pm. What the heck? These stuff always go weird when I was in camp. So much for digital watches. It jumped to 4:79pm. How was that even possible? I sighed in irritation and looked around for Cinder.

Where are we now? I asked, looking around at the trees that showed no passageway out.

Somewhere in the middle of the woods? You should watch where you are going. She suggested.

Yeah, real helpful, I grumbled.

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Then I stepped on something squishy and sandy. I looked down and saw hundreds of ants crawling around.

"Eeeks!" I exclaimed in surprise, before jumping out of the way and scraping my foot on the ground to get rid of the glittery pus stuff that leaked out of the shimmery ants. I had stepped on an anthill.

Told you.

I cursed in ancient greek and then looked at the anthill. The ants seemed angry. Wait, were the ants real? They glittered in gold and silver, some was the size of peas. Something felt... wrong. I looked around suspiciously. The silence seemed deafening. Then I noticed that it was quiet. Too quiet. There was no cricket or animal sounds. Even the ants seemed to slow down in... was that intimidation? Fear? Whatever it was, I didn't have long to wonder about.

Hisssss........

I yelped in shock and turned to face the hissing, blade instantly in my hand, glowing in the silver moonlight. Oh my gods. It was a snake. An enormous snake. A snake with two heads, one on each end of its body. "Amphisbaina..." I muttered, "Uh oh." I just angered the Mother of Ants by stepping on her, what? Sacred ants? I would have cracked up laughing if not for the danger of the situation.

The serpent hissed again, flicking its forked tongue...tongues... Whatever... I gulped, trying to recall the lessons I had in camp about it. Amphisbaina... Amphisbaena... Didn't they say it was only found in the dessert? Maybe something has changed, due the the upcoming war. It opened its mouth slightly, revealing fangs as long as my arm, dripping with a dark liquid. Poison? Saliva? Whatever it was, I did not want to find out. Its two heads hissed loudly in turn, its two, wait four, eyes glaring at me coldly. I seriously regretted not watching where I was going.

Amphisbaena didn't eat humans, only ants, so it probably just wanted revenge for stepping on the anthill. No point in recalling lessons, get yourself out alive first Amber! I told myself. I backed away, hoping the creature would know I wasn't on offense mode. I tripped on a log and wheeled my arms in surprise, trying to keep balance. My sword whipped through the air as I did. Oops, the thing probably thought I was attacking it.

I was right. The serpent lunged forward as I leapt back over the obstacle, its head slamming into the log I tripped over earlier, smashing it into pieces of rotting wood. It hissed and snapped at me, I ducked the head, but the other one slammed into my side when I wasn't expecting. "Ah!" I gasped as I stumbled backwards and hit a tree, slashing my sword wildly to fend off the creature. Thank gods it didn't open its mouth.

Last edited by ShadowCharmer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 am

We were flying above the sky, soaring...when suddenly. "Cherin...auh? Look at that..."

"What?" i saw a huge snake or serpent? Or is it an Anaconda? "Anaconda!!!" I shouted. I hate snakes. I hang on to Sweetheart's hair and it neighed loudly. "Sorry..." My hands became sweaty and I started to quiver in fear.

"Look! There's Amber..." I say. "Auh? Startle the snake, I'm going to help Amber."

Sweetheart went low and Maddie jumped off slashing its body. "Hey, Amber."

Sweetheart flew up high again. I opened my pouch, where's the thing where's the thing! Oh! The body spray! I giggled. "Maddie! Let the snake open its mouth!"

I saw a can of body spray. "This isn't the time to get pleasant!" I ran, jumped and stabbed the snake to let its mouth open.

My dear Pegasi swiftly flew to the snake and I sprayed the can of body scent to its fangs then mouth. I shook the bottle after spraying. I used the whole bottle to a huge gigantic mouth of a serpent, snake or anaconda or whatever.

"Belle!" I got irritated. It wasn't a good time for that... Suddenly the snake twitched and bit the air as its mouth looked like it was chewing on nothing, sticky pink color gum were forming around its fangs and mouth. It looked like a sticky chewing gum except it was highly sticky, more sticky than a rugby. "Whoa..."

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 am

"No! Stop! Don't injure it!" I yelled in shock. This was a legendary creature. I didn't think Chiron would be happy that we provoked it, then injured it. In fact, he wouldn't be happy at all that we sneaked out. Oh well, that couldn't be helped. The serpent hissed in pain and sprayed poison everywhere from its injured mouth. I dodged a green spray, shouting out a warning, " Careful! Don't let it touch you! The poison is deadly!" I ducked under another splash, and it hit the bush behind me. The leaves instantly shriveled up and crumbled into dust.

Can't you tell it to stop attacking?
I complained.

Could, before you attacked it with the spray. Not very demigodly, though. A sword would be better. Typical Aphrodite,
Cinder sniffed.

Cinder! She was helping us! I'd probably be injured if she didn't come,
I growled at her indignantly, defending my friend.

It was true.

Ugh, were-cats are so egoistic,
I thought privately, pushing away her point.

The Amphisbaena thrashed wildly, its other head whipping up to snap at Isabelle. I jumped in between them and slashed my sword purposely over thick scales, seeking to drive the monster away. Its mouth was foaming now, and it was glaring at us with ruby red eyes. We couldn't get away without either party getting hurt.

Last edited by ShadowCharmer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 am

"We're not killing it." I say. I can see what Isabelle have done.

"Yes, its a gum that encloses something and its best cover for acids and poisons...fangs and can also best for monsters like spideys too." I smiled. "Don't worry it won't hurt it."

"Alright now, Auh? We got to run." I say. The snake stopped and lay down its head on the ground and it fell asleep.

"Don't worry its auh? Bubblegum flavor." I say. I went near the snake. "Yey! She'll wake up after a while so we gotta hurry." I say. "The gum won't hold on for so long so let's run."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 am

"Yeah, that's cool then. Come on, we'd better leave before it wakes." I told them and sprinted into the forest, pushing my way though the dense forest, and slashing off branches that were too thick to move, clearing out a way for my friends.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 pm

I nodded and followed Amber.

"Are you okay?" I asked while I follow Maddie behind.

"Your sister just got claimed by the way during the full moon." I say to Amber.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 am

"Really? Did she see Chiron? And uh.. Actually I don't really know, just away from the creature and camp." I answered, but kept going. There was a lot of excitement this night, I noticed. And I'm sure more is coming. Cinder was no where to be seen, and I couldn't sense her anymore. That's odd... But I didn't think much of it as I stopped for a while and waited for Madelyn and Isabelle to catch up.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am

"Yep she ran to Chiron." I laughed.

Sweetheart neighed. She was looking irritated with all the branches that was sticking out, it just gave Amber a hard time.

"So? Where's Cinder?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 am

"I don't know. She went off somewhere. I've left her alone before though, once or twice, I think she'll be fine. There's probably a reason she left without telling me." I told her reassuringly, looking at Sweetheart with amusement, my mind wandering off elsewhere. Heck, I can't even sense her now. Where on earth is she? I wondered, then pushed it off my mind. I looked at our surroundings. "Where are we now?" I asked them, staring at the trees. "Is it just me or are they, uh, bigger and taller than usual?"
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Sweetheart neighed, saying like huh? How will that happen unless we shrunk.

"Yah..." I thought for a while. Inspecting the trees that were bigger than us. Than the usual.

"where are we?..." I say looking rather confused.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:50 am

"I think we are near the place I talked about just now, you know?" I guessed, remembering the lagoon. "Um, you guys want to continue there?" I asked, not knowing if they'd want to go, or back out.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 am

"Okay with me." I smiled. "I actually want to see how it looks like."
I nodded. Sweetheart's here anyway she can fly us out in case danger comes in.
I looked at the trees. Its getting bigger than the usual. But anyways, I hope monsters won't be bigger than the usual too.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 pm

"Okay then, see those big trees? We have to search for those with markings. Like scratches on it, and it will lead us there." I told them, then thought to myself, Which will probably lead us to a wild goose hunt, but oh well... Worth a try right? I really wanted to find the lagoon and prove that those rumors were actually true.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 am

I nodded. "What's the story about the lagoon by the way?"

I got interested to Maddie's question. What's the lagoon anyway. Sweetheart neighed like she's surprised that we're going to the lagoon? I think it exists.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

"I told you just now remember? The stuff about it?" I reminded her, looking around and examining the trees. The leaves were a darker green than usual and the bark was glowing a little silvery in the moonlight. Strange... I thought.

Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 am

"Whoa, wait that really exist?" I say.

"Maddie, that is why we're going there, to find out." I say in a tone of a little common sense please. Sweetheart nudged me like she was saying oh look who's the smarty pants here.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:12 am

"I don't know. But probably. I just wanted to find out if it really does exist." I explained, a twinkle in my eye. "Or if you guys are scared, we could go back to camp?" I challenged teasingly.

Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 am

I smirked and cleared my throat. "Scared? Seriously?" I laughed. "We fought monsters...went through a lot here in the forest and you're telling us scared." I giggled some more.

I looked left and right. "Scared?" I say. "Who's scared?" I look to my right to see if there was something but there was nothing. "I'm not scared. Who says I'm scared..." I say feeling a bit defensive.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am

I grinned. "Well come on then. Let's walk till we find the marks kay?" I suggested, " Tell me if you guys see anything." I then continued forward to a opening in the odd trees, lobbing off a large branch that was blocking the way. Immediately, a silvery liquid began dripping out of the hacked off limb and a stumpy one grew back. I watched in amazement. How could a tree grow back so quickly? It was definitely not normal. I mean, what tree drips with gleaming liquid? I turned to see if Isabelle and Madelyn saw it.

Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

I stood frozen. What was that? "I saw it..." I say.

"Definitely..." I say. "What's that?" i look at the weird tree that was dripping...I don't know what's this substance...But its not normal for a usual tree.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 am

"I have no idea either." I frowned, then started back, following the trail of silvery trees. They seemed to be whispering eerily... Shhhsa Shha Ssshaasss Shhhaaa... Were they trying to tell us something? The odd thing was, I didn't feel scared or creeped out, on the contrary, I felt... curious?? There was an itching curiousity growing in me that threatened to bubble up and swallow me whole. I quickly ducked under the tree branches and into the middle of the sparkling trees.

Suddenly I felt a wave of fatigue wash over me. One moment I was wide awake, the next I felt like curling up to sleep. Wait.. What??
It didn't make sense!"Huh?" I mumbled, stumbling in confusion. It took pure willpower to stay upright and not collapse. I stretched out an arm and leaned against the nearest tree for support.

Something moved below me.

Instinctively I leapt away, gripping my sword to keep balance. All my senses were telling me to back off, as if yelling, Danger! Danger! I was wide awake now. I could feel sleep tugging confortingly at me at the back of my mind, but my instincts were on full alarm mode and I somehow knew that if I did, I'd probably never wake up.

"Isabelle? Madelyn? I think theres something here tha-- WHOA" I tried warning my friends but broke off at the last point for something yanked at my ankle violently, causing me to nearly lose my balance. I slashed blindly at the ground with my blade, hoping to sever whatever that grabbed me. "Why won't it Argh!" Looking down, my eyes widened in surprise. The tree's root had extended and curled around my ankle in a death grip. Glancing around, I noticed some trees were moving!

Walking trees? I thought in grim amusement, my initial alarm fading, replaced by an irritated urgency. I will not be bested by a mere plant. Then winced as another thought occurred to me. Uh oh, it made me sound like Zeus or something.

It must be the trees that were making the sleepy spell!
I figured out in surprise. Anyone who stepped into the glade would be enchanted.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 pm

"Sleeper trees!" I tell Amber. "Don't move." I say. "Auh? What was the spell here? You're a Hecate kid, you must know the spell here." I thought for a while. What spell was that? I simply don't remember. "But Amber, the more you struggle the more the root eats you up. Let it feel you're a non living thing."

"We need light, these trees don't respond in the morning, but they are alive at night. We need a spell for light." I say looking at Amber. "Just hold on do not sleep." I say.

Sweetheart neighed as she kick some roots that tries to grab her hooves and wings. "Neiiighhhhh" she said. It simply means this is not good, I had enough of these roots for a night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next