Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 am

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) WetsI

I sneaked out of camp, heart beating fast. It was dark, but I could see clearly due to my awesome a short burst of magic. I looked over my shoulder, waiting for my Athena friend.

I've done this before, but why am I so nervous? Maybe that's because I've never been to the forest in the wee hours of the morning.. Or maybe its because... things are stirring? The reason for our battle trainings? I shoved the thoughts out of her mind. Be alert, I reminded myself, Don't get caught. I turned to the direction of the ominous forest and smiled slightly. A challenge at last...

Then I looked back at the side exit of the camp. What was taking her so long? I risked a call, "
Madelyn?" My voice rang out eerily in the night, I felt a shiver down my spine.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 am

Madelyn followed Amber behind very quietly. "Boo!" Maddie say to her. She giggled then waited for Isabelle.

"Madelyn!" Isabelle said behind. "Goodness! Are you serious about this?" Isabelle felt scared because it was dark and sneaking out in the middle of the night is so dangerous for an Aphrodite kid who doesn't fight in a close encounter.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 am

"Boo!" Madelyn said, I was about to chide her when I heard a new voice. "Madelyn! Goodness! Are you serious about this?" I frowned and looked behind to see who shouted out so loud. I gave the other girl a sharp glare that said, "Shh!"

"Don't make so much noise, I don't want to be put on kitchen duties for a month! You'll attract other stuff if you're not careful," I hissed. "You really want to come?" I asked her softly, doubtful that an Aphrodite kid would want anything to do with the forest. Especially the one outside camp borders.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 am

"Shhh!" I say to Isabelle. "Be quiet...We're going to hunt and why are you here?"

"Goodness." I whispered. "That's the point why I followed behind." I say softly. "It's dangerous. I don't want you guys ending up kitchen duties or worst the infirmary." I say.

"Oh come on, we're not going to end up there." I say. "Where's the fun and thrill?" I whispered.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 am

"Yeah, I appreciate your concern, but we can defend ourselves you know, unlike some Aphrodite kids..." I said, muttering the last part. I can't stand people who don't even try to help themselves, gods, this is a demigod life! I thought to myself, narrowing my eyes. "Come on, we'd better hurry if we want to get some sleep later", I whispered to Madelyn.

((Sorry, she may be a bit mean, but shes actually really nice! :D))
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 am

I sighed. This is the part where I just shut up and start to really stand on my foot. I haven't done this for so long.

"Let's go start." I whispered. I know the reason why Isabelle won't do this anymore. She used to do this with me, it was one reason how we discovered another demigod who was in trouble. But after the Monster Thing, the thing we don't talk about anymore she stopped fighting.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 am

I nodded, while sprinting into the forest silently, my footsteps making no noise at all in in the silence of nature. I stopped at a small pathway and waited for Madelyn. Suddenly, I heard a noise, like twitching of twigs at the bushes near me. Immediately, I grasped by bow that was slung on my bag and notched an arrow on it, preparing to shoot if there was any danger.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 am

I took my dagger out just in case something popped out somewhere. I followed Amber behind while I looked back minute by minute just in case something jumps out of somewhere.

I ready my bow just in case. I heard shuffling of leaves just by the pathway. "I think something is in there." I whispered softly. I grasp my bow just in case and ready myself.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 am

Then I saw it. It was a fox. Then a feeling of shock came over me. It wasn't any normal fox, it was a Teumessian fox! Or its offspring anyway, the real one existed only in the stars. "Cool! I wish my sisters could see it!" I gasped. Then it dawned on me what a retarded thing to say. It was about to eat us, was it not? It looked at us contemptuously, and I held my breath, conscious of Madelyn beside me. I'd only attack if it did.

(( You the attack one okay? :) ))
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 am

I saw the creature. It wasn't any fox. It was a Teumessian fox. Oh gods of Olympus. My reflexes immediately responded. I quickly shot it with my bow and arrows. Three arrows at a time. One hitting its body but it jumped quickly that the other two arrows missed.

"Whoa..." I smiled. I guess adrenaline rush does the trick.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 am

I looked at the fox. Normal arrows wouldn't stall it for long. I pulled back mine and felt for the magic. I shaped it to the arrowhead and released them both at the same time. The fox dodged but my arrow hit the tip of its tail, bursting into flames as it did so. The beast yelped and swung its partially charred tail at me. I ducked. This is too big to to kill with arrows, I realised.

Dropping my bow, I reached into my pocket and felt for my lighter. I pulled it out and it shone silver in the moonlight. Giving it a slight squeeze, I willed it to change, and it elongated into a deadly sword, made of pure silver and coated with celestial bronze. The monster took a step back and growled. I tensed, waiting for it to spring.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 am

I started my aim. The fox went for us. My heart was pounding like crazy. I slashed its foot with my dagger.

I shoot some more arrows but it missed my arrows. "Drat...Oh you ugly beast." I murmured.

"Go for the eye!" I told Isabelle.

"Right!" The beast went near Amber. It stared at Amber like it wants her for meal. "You're not eating my friend..." I smirked and shot three arrows at a time again. Bingo! the eyes were hit.

"Nice one"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 am

I saw the fox hit with an arrow on its right eye. It yowled.

Half blinded, nice! I then slashed at the muzzle and did a backward somersault to evade the sharp claws that flashed out a moment later. I rolled to break my fall then jabbed at the fox's paw, drawing blood. It snarled and leapt at me, I saw no other way, and hit the floor, sliding under the beast on the damp grass. I saw it stagger sideways after missing me, then bunch up its hind-legs, springing on Isabelle from behind her. "Watch out!" I yelled a warning.

((She may or may not be hit, thats up to you. xP))
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 am

I didn't noticed the monster that was behind me. It scratched me in the back. I started to bleed. But my adrenaline rush was stronger than the pain of the monster's scratch. I target my arrow right on its other eye. Bam! We got a blind monster. It growled and roared so loud to the point birds flew up in the night sky. I fell on the ground because I felt the pain already, my adrenaline rush died off.

I came to aid Isabelle. The monster shook its head trying to pull off the arrows that were stuck in its eye sockets.

I shook my head. "No no!" I say to Maddie. "Go help Amber. Go Go!"

I saw the monster that was very close to Amber. "Amber, careful." I told her. "Let's finish this creature and send it back to Tartarus."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:16 am

I widened my eyes at the injured girl, then snapped back to action as the tail of the fox swept past again, threatening to flatten me. Timing the jump, I leapt at the tail, grabbing on to it and crawling towards the back of the brown animal. It was hard to balance on a moving lump of fur, and the monster kept trying to knock me off the tail. But I held on as if my life depended on it, which it probably did.

Is Isabelle okay? I thought worriedly, and was tempted to call out to her.. But I figured if I did, I'd sooner bite my lip in how the fox was throwing me about. I could only hold onto my sword and advance slowly.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 am

Wee! Amber was like bull riding, I hope she doesn't fall off the ground. "I'm at your back just do what you are planning I have a plan on my own." I say to Amber.

My back pains. "What plan?" I shouted.

"I don't know." I answered. "Athena knows what to do!" I took Isabelle's bow and used my dagger as the arrow. I started my aim.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

I clung to at the fur and somehow made it to the back of the fox. The sword is too long! I realised, and in the nick of time, willed it to change form. It decreased to half its length into a slim hunting knife, made of the same material. "Yah!" I let out a cry, as I drove the knife into the back of the fox, causing it to shriek a tortured yowl. It shook violently and I was thrown off into the air.

Rolling to break my fall, I ended up beside Madelyn. My knife, I thought, and immediately it appeared back in my hand. I waited, panting, to see if the monster would disintegrate.

((Should it?))
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am

"Goodbye monster." I smirked as I let go of my dagger from Isabelle's bow. It went straight to the monster- through its heart and out to a tree trunk. It created a whole through the monster's chest. Eww... Gross... I thought. It growled and disintegrated.

I felt relief. This was my first fight ever since the thing we don't talk about.

"We did it!" I say.

((yep XD ))
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:46 am

I stodd gasping for breath, my heartbeat slowing down gradually. "Are
you okay Isabelle?" I asked the girl, kneeling down beside her and examining her back. "Hold
on, I think I've got some ambrosia somewhere..." I rummaged through my coat pockets and finally dug out some flattened squares of the godly food. I offered it to her.
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 am

I nodded. "Thanks." I say to Amber as I accept the squares of Ambrosia.

"See?" I say to Isabelle. "I told you, you still can do it. After those years of training, gosh. You're the first Aphrodite kid I know that fights off with monsters."

I ate the square. Yummy. I love it. It tasted like heaven. Its good to be injured because you get to taste the yummy-ness of it. "Shush, Maddie..." I don't want to bring the topic up again. We nearly lost a life there.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:33 pm

"Any of you brought nectar? I don't have any..." I asked them, "Or do you want me to try healing it? But there's a risk though, I'm not good at healing magic and something could go wrong...."
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:39 pm

I nodded. "In my pouch."

I grabbed Isabelle's magical pouch and dug my hand in. I can feel a book's spine, then a string of pearls, heels, lipstick, perfume, auh? what's this. I think its an IPod, then cellphone, alcohol, tissue. "Argh! where is it?" I felt a jug, like a small water jug. I took it out.

"Thanks..." I drank the nectar. I felt the pain went away a little but chunks of my skin were gone and it was bleeding.

"I think we'll just have to bring you to the infirmary."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Drat... I groaned. We'd be in trouble for sneaking out and getting a fellow demigod hurt. Why did she have to follow anyway? I thought indignantly. But then again, she was only trying to help. And she did help a great deal too. It was your fault for suggesting it. I chided myself.

"Uh, so do you want me to heal it for you? We'd save trouble that way, but it is a weeny bit risky. Or you could go to the infirmary and have someone experienced help you, hopefully not too nosy."
I asked her gently, my other hand still gripping onto my knife, in case of any more surprise attacks.

Last edited by ShadowCharmer on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
isabelle_aphrodesia

isabelle_aphrodesia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 pm

"I'd go for your magic. I trust your magic." I smile to Amber. "Than getting into trouble for sneaking. I don't want to go on kitchen duties for a month." I giggled.

I nodded. "I guess, it won't hurt if we try. There's nothing to loose." I went to the tree and took out my dagger.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Well, there is actually something to lose... Your whole back for example.. I shuddered at the thought. But not wanting to scare the girl, she put on a confident smile and examined Isabelle's wound. The fox had driven its claws into only the skin, not harming any of the muscles. I breathed out, thanking the gods. "Okay, brace yourself, it's gonna hurt a little." I warned her, thrusting my knife into the soil so that it stuck up.

Then I shut my eyes, trying to remember what I did to my wounds when escaping the goblins. I imagined the bleeding stopping, blood vessels joining and the skin closing up, forming a smooth surface again. Keeping that image in mind, I touched Isabelle on her back lightly and released the magic, concentrating harder than I ever did before.

Magic was dangerous, especially on fields that you aren't sure of. It can cause fatal damage if you weren't careful. But most probably self-destruction though...

I felt the skin growing back and her wounds closing up gradually. The process took a whole minute. When it was over, I heaved a huge sigh of relief and felt a little tired. That was satisfying... I thought, remembering the process as I leaned back onto a tree, waiting for my strength that should return soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))   Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Monsters (3 ppl max) ((In the forest out of the camp boundary))
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next