Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Hanging Out

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 am

I finally pulled my arms away from him. I didn't know what to say. I did kind of feel a special way about him. It's stupid, I know. I've only just met him. But isn't this what they would call 'love at first sight'? I didn't really know, so I remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:30 am

They both stood there in silence. Aaren didn't understand what was going through his head. He liked Anna, but he wasn't sure how much he liked her. He couldn't like her that much. They'd only met a few minutes ago. Love couldn't blossom that fast, could it? He felt he should speak, just so there wouldn't be an incredibly awkward silence.

"So...how long have you been at the camp?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:35 am

"About three years," I replied. It seemed alot longer with the war with Cronus, but I didn't pay attention to that thought. I focused on Aaren and his features. "Do you need to know anything else about me?" I asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 am

Three years. He had just gotten here, and Anna had been here for three whole years. He wondered what she'd seen during her time here. When she asked her question, he frowned slightly, confused. There were things he might want to know, but did he need to know anything? "Why were you out here on the beach alone, and not with other people?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 am

My smile faded into a frown. "I finished all of my training activities, and I just wanted to be alone." I looked into his eyes once more. "I'm not telling you to leave or anything," I stammered.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:43 am

Aaren smiled slightly. "I wasn't planning to leave," he said. "Why did you want be alone?" Usually, when someone wanted to be alone, they had a good reason. Anna was probably no exception.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:46 am

"I just wanted to think things through. I've had a hard past, and well, it's sort of haunts me." I wondered if I just gave out to much information, but I trusted Aaren. He was different.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:50 am

Aaren frowned. He had just met Anna, but he didn't like the idea of her being sad. "What happened? I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to..." He backpedaled, not wanting Anna to get mad at him.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 am

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "No, Aaren, I trust you," I replied. "My dad was madly inlove with Hecate, my mom. When she left him, he was devastated, and when he found out about who I really was, he kicked me out. I was forced to live on the streets until I came to Camp Half-Blood."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 am

Aaren's temper flared when Anna spoke. What kind of father would kick his daughter out for doing nothing wrong? The man sounded horrible. Before he knew it, Aaren's arms were wrapped around Anna again, lightly holding her against his chest. "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:59 am

Suprised by his reaction, I did the same, and wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel his heart beating rapidly on his chest, and our faces were only inches away from eachother. I was grateful that Aaren cared about me. "It's alright, I'll be fine," I said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:02 am

Aaren stared into Anna's eyes, frowning. Her words did nothing to calm his temper. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Have you talked to your dad since he kicked you out?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 am

I shook my head. "No, I haven't even heard from him either. I don't know where he is, what he is doing, or where he is going. We've drifted apart basically." I brought him closer to me, letting him know that I was thankful for what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:21 am

Aaren pressed his hands into Anna's back, letting her know that he was there for her if she needed him. "Are you okay with that? Do you want to see him?" He figured she wouldn't want to see a man who ruined her life, but maybe he was wrong. The man was her dad after all.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:21 pm

"Well, I'm not sure," I replied. "I haven't fully recovered from when he kicked me out. Besides, he's probably better off without me. He'll live longer if I don't come back, and monsters won't attack him."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Anna made a decent point, but Aaren couldn't understand her logic. "How could anyone be better off without their kid?" Even if Anna's dad kicked her out, the idea of having no parents around to talk to you and comfort you when you needed them to...it was hard for Aaren to imagine something so depressing. But maybe Anna thought differently.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 pm

I thought about his question, and I understand his confusion. "It's just that, if I go see my dad, I'll attract monsters and he'll die." I looked him in the eyes and smiled halfheartedly. "I don't even know how I feel about him either. I have mixed feelings about him."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm

As had frequently been the case in the past few days of his life, Aaren was confused. "The mixed feelings I understand, but the monsters...You can use magic. Couldn't you protect your dad wit that?" The logic made sense to him, though it was obvious that that solution wouldn't always work. All it would take was one small mishap on Anna's part and her dad would be dead. Maybe it was better if she didn't see him after all.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm

I nodded, understanding his confusion. "Yes, I can use magic, but I'm afraid of failing, and being the cause of my dad's death. Even if I hated him, I wouldn't want to be the cause of someone's death, including my father's. My family in Arizona, where I was born, would be incredibly ticked off at me."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Aaren nodded, understanding what Anna said. The idea of honestly killing another human, even if he didn't like them...the boy shuddered. He couldn't do that, and would be very fearful of anyone who could. The teenager opened his mouth to speak, but didn't know what to say or what to do. What could he say to someone who's life had been so much harder than his?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I stroked his hair with my fingers. "Don't worry about me, Aaren," I said. "I'll be fine. I've survived with this life longer than I've been at camp. I'll be okay." To finish it off, I smiled at him, and my brown eyes sparkled.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Aaren flinched when Anna's fingers met his hair, not expecting something so intimate. He knew that he should away, or remove her fingers from his hair. They had just met. And yet, he felt comfortable around Anna, as though he had known her for years. He'd never felt this way about anyone else before. This was a new experience, and he liked it. The boy returned Anna's smile, though his was tinged with a touch of sadness. "I know you'll be okay, but I'm going to worry about you anyway."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm

I smiled at Aaren's response, but I felt his tension when I combed his hair with my fingers, so I stopped. Wrapping my arm around his neck again, I smiled wider. I'd never felt this way about anyone before, I was always shy and more work-oriented than almost everyone at camp. However, Aaren made me feel special. My dad was always incapable of doing that, and here was a boy that I'd just met, and he cared about me that much. "Thank, Aaren."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:34 pm

"You're welcome Anna," Aaren replied softly, not entirely sure why he had been thanked. All he had said was that he cared about Anna's happiness. Was that such a strange thing for you, to have someone who cared? The teenager really didn't want to know the answer to that question.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 pm

I felt myself forming tears in my eyes, but I sucked it up, which left a huge lump in my throat. I wasn't entirely sure on what to say next, so I remained silent. This was unreal, I didn't know what I was feeling, and yet, I felt something. How was that even possible?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Hanging Out
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next