Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Hanging Out

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

I sat on the beach creating random balls of darkness near the bank of the water. Today was a pretty slow day, especially since I finished all of my training activities. A few campers passed along. They were probably going to their lessons. Returning my attention back to the water, I looked out at the sunset, waiting for someone to pass by.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Aaren walked slowly along the shore, not really caring where he was going. The boy was too busy focusing on the multitude of thoughts running through his mind. Here he was at some strange camp where he didn't know anyone, and apparently he was the son of a Greek god. It was too much to handle, so Aaren had decided to take a walk to see if that would help him make sense of everything. So far, he had accomplished nothing.

The teenager was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice the girl sitting on the beach until he had almost stumbled into her. As it was, he stopped a couple feet from the girl, awkwardly avoiding looking at her. He stood in silence for a few seconds, unsure of what to do, before finally speaking.

"Um...hi."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm

I heard a voice speak out to me. Cocking my head in the direction of where it came form I saw a boy about three inches away from me. He appeared to about the same age as me, and a bunch of dust was splattered on his face. My hazel eyes began to sparkle in the sunlight. A gust of wind carried my wavy, jet black hair.

"Hello," I greeted. I studied his features. He appeared to be a Hephaestus kid, but I wasn't entirely sure. "Are you new?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

As he waited for the girl to respond, Aaren began to worry. What if the girl just ignored him or told him to go away? He didn't think anyone would be that rude to someone they had just met, but he couldn't be too sure. The boy had met some pretty rude people in his short thirteen years of life.

As a gust of wind caught the girl's hair, Aaren stared, noticing that the girl was quite pretty. This thought made him blush, and he quickly looked away, almost missing the girl's words in his haste to avoid her gaze. Luckily, he did hear what she said, and smiled slightly. He took a seat next to the girl before speaking.

"Yeah, I'm new here. How'd you know?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I smiled as he sat next to me. "Well, I've never seen you before, so I just thought you were new." I made the glowing black balls that I created disappear. Being the daughter of the goddess of magic, witchcraft, and necromancy always did have it's advantages.

OOC: I have to go, I'll be back on later though.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Aaren's smile grew at the girl's reasoning. He was going to reply when he noticed the disappearance of several black balls of light that had been floating around the girl. Being so focused on not acting like an idiot, the teenager hadn't noticed them before.

"What were those balls?" he asked. Then, as an afterthought, he said, "I'm Aaren, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm

I smiled my most dazzling smile. "I'm Anna, Anna Jones, daughter of Hecate. Those balls were my magic. My mom's the goddess of magic, witchcraft, and necromancy."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Aaren wasn't sure how to react to what Anna said. On one hand, he had always liked to believe that magic existed, and that he might someday discover that he had magical powers. On the other hand, necromancy scared him. The idea of someone bringing summoning some sort of walking corpse...ew. But he couldn't let his opinion of certain branches of magic affect his opinion of a girl he'd just met. Besides, just because the goddess specialized in necromancy didn't mean that all of her children practiced it. Well, whatever the case, Aaren would try his best not to judge Anna.

"Magic? That's interesting. How does it work? Do you have to say a spell or something like that?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm

I nodded. "That's exactly what I have to do." My hazel eyes sparkled once more, and I smiled wider. "I just chant a few words, and well, you should know the rest." Aaren didn't seem like a bad guy to me. It was interesting how he thought my magic was cool. Most guys at camp are usually freaked out by it, but nonetheless, I believed I could really start to like him.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Aaren had to admit, even with the possibility that she spent her time messing with dead bodies, Anna was interesting. He found himself wondering about her magical abilities. "Is the magic something only you can do, or can you teach other people to use it?" Aaren was pretty sure he knew to answer to his question, but asked it anyway. Maybe he was wrong. He hoped he was.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 pm

I cocked my head slightly to the side. "Well, I'm not sure. You'd have to have the same type of aura as me. An aura for magic." I wasn't sure of whether he had that type of aura. I was certain that only Hecate kids had it, but you never know. My mom could've given him her blessing, that's a possibility. Although, I think she only gives that to her children.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Now Anna was speaking of auras, which confused Aaren. He'd heard the word before, but had no idea what it meant. He frowned slightly in his confusion. "An aura for magic?" he repeated. "How do you know if you have that? Is there some test you can use to check?" To Aaren's ears, he sounded incredibly stupid, but he didn't know what else to say. Hopefully Anna wouldn't think he was a idiot.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm

I let out a slight giggle. "No, you basically just have to be a child of Hecate, or at least have some sort of devotion to her," I said with a smile. "Why are you so curious about magic anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Anna's answer was, unsurprisingly, disappointing. Aaren wasn't a child of Hecate (unless Hephaestus was secretly a woman), and he didn't know anything about being devoted to anybody. But maybe he could become devoted to Hecate, if he could figure out how.

Anna's question stumped him at first. He knew he liked magic, but why did he like it? "I don't know...I've just always liked the idea of being able to say a few words or snap my fingers and have impossible things happen."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:45 pm

"Magic is kind of cool," I chuckled. "Enough about me, how about you? What kind of powers do you have?" I asked. I began to look at Aaren in a completly different way. What was I feeling? I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Aaren's face showed his surprise at Anna's question. "Powers?" He didn't have any powers, did he? He didn't think he did. "I don't have any powers. I just like working with metal. Not that I'm very good at that." The boy's voice dropped and he looked away from Anna. "Everything I make just ends up blowing in my face."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm

As he looked away, I moved in closer to him, and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Why is that?" I asked. I grew concerned for Aaren. I didn't want him to feel this way.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Aaren shifted slightly when Anna placed her hand on his shoulder, surprised at her touch. "I don't know, it just happens like that. I make something, I think it's going to work, and then..." he sighed. "It doesn't. Maybe that's why I like magic. There's less of a chance of what you create blowing up."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 pm

I positioned myself even more closer to him. "It's alright," I said reassuringly. "Everyone has a purpose. I'm sure you'll find your's soon." I gazed into his eyes. I felt enchanted by them. Realizing how long I was staring at him, I shook my head.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 pm

As Anna moved closer, Aaren felt an instinctive urge to move away. He didn't, but only because he didn't want to offend his new friend (could he call her a friend? They'd only just met). He tried to process what she said, but couldn't accept it. "My purpose is to make things explode. Not very exciting," he said, his tone bitter. Then he noticed that Anna was staring at him rather intensely. Embarrassed, he looked down at his hands, noticing all the scars they bore from prior mishaps with his inventions. He was a screw-up. Always had been, always would be.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 pm

I glanced at him rather nervously. "Is everything alright?" I asked. I rubbed his shoulder absently. "You seem tense."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm

He felt like screaming. Of course everything wasn't alright. Of course he was tense. But he couldn't tell Anna that. She didn't want to talk to some guy she just met about his problems. Why would she? "I'm fine," he muttered, avoiding the girl's gaze.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 pm

I moved my hand to his face, forcing him to look at me. My eyes glittered, and my smile became a serious expression. "Are you sure? I'm really concerned about you, Aaren."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Though he was now facing Anna, Aaren still kept his eyes away from hers. "How can you be really concerned about me? We've only just met. Besides, I told you, I'm fine." He didn't mean to be rude, but didn't want to burden Anna with his issues. This was the only way he knew how.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 pm

"I'm concerned about you because were like family. We may have only just met, but I still respect you." I looked into his eyes once more, hoping he would do the same. I truely was concerned for him, but for some reason he wasn't accepting my support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Hanging Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Hanging Out
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next