Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Hanging Out

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec

Alec

Just Hanging Out - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Aaren wasn't sure how he felt about Anna's response. He understood that she was trying to make him feel better, but it didn't really work. He still felt like she was the only friend he'd have at camp. "That's good to know," he said, though his hear wasn't in the words.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm

I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "What do you mean? Is everything alright?" I asked, fulled of concern. The smile on my face faded by the way he replied. "Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Aaren regretted saying what he had. "I'm fine. I just feel...awkward here. I just found out that not only am I half god, but apparently I also have a bunch of siblings I have nothing in common with. That takes a little getting used to." He didn't mean to sound bitter, but he couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I quickly pecked his cheek. "You'll get used to it," I said reassuringly. "Everything will be fine. You'll befriend your siblings in no time."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Aaren sighed, a mixture of happiness from the kiss and worry. "I hope you're right," he said. "I wish my dad had told me about all of this. If the gods will bother to have kids, why won't they stick around to explain everything."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:33 pm

I understood his logic, but became even more concerned for him. I thought it was my mom's fault when I was kicked out of my own house by my dad, but I soon realized the real purpose of she left. "They leave us because they care," I replied. "That might sound stupid, but once we know that we're half god or goddess, it becomes easier for monsters to smell our scent."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 am

Aaren didn't understand. "So what if monsters can smell us easier? Our parents are the gods. They could stop the monsters from getting anywhere near us. And what about our mortal parents? They meet a god, fall in love with them, and then get abandoned. Hecate's the reason your dad acted the way he did. They be be deities, but the gods aren't all that great." Aaren didn't know where it had come from, but he was filled with anger at the gods.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 am

I shook my head. "The gods are forbidden to have any interaction with their children," I replied. "They still care, but most demigods don't know that, which causes them to hate their divine parent. I understood why my mom left, but I felt like part of her helped me survive the streets. Not physically, but spiritually."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Aaren scowled. "Forbidden? That's great. So what happens if we get attacked by a monster we can't fight? Are they just going to let us die because helping us would be 'forbidden?'" As they continued talking, Aaren found himself getting more and more angry and confused. The gods, who were supposed to be unbelievably powerful weren't looking so strong at the moment. "I'm guessing that the part of your mom that helped you was her magic. You're lucky having the goddess of magic as your mom. What did my dad give me? The ability to blow myself up. Real helpful."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:08 pm

I shrugged. "He could have given you his blessing of fire," I replied reassuringly. "Not many are gifted it, but I do know someone in your cabin that does. I believe her name is Sydney Miller, about fifteen years old."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:32 pm

For a second Anna's words gave him hope, but then he thought about what she had said and the hope died. "I think if I could shoot fire I would have figured that out by now," he said. He sighed, and after a few seconds he spoke again. "I'm sorry. You don't need to listen to me complain, and probably don't want to."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:49 pm

I kissed his cheek. "It's alright," I replied. "I understand what you're going through, and I'm here for you. Say whatever you want. I'm sure you want to get it off your chest."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Aaren's mouth twitched upward slightly at the kiss, but his mood was to low to allow a smile to form. "I do want to get it off my chest, but you shouldn't have to deal with my problems. I should solve them on my own." He didn't want to sound as though he didn't appreciate Anna's support, but he wanted her to understand how unfair he thought he was being.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:01 pm

I nodded, indicating that I understood. "That's alright. I understand." I smiled at him, and curled a strand of his hair with my index finger. I was hoping that he would be okay with everything here. It's not always easy for new comers to get used to Camp Half-Blood so easily.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:09 pm

"Thanks," Aaren replied, brushing his hand against Anna's cheek with a smile. After that, he was silent. Anna hadn't succeeded in banishing the angry thoughts from his head, but he wasn't going to bother her with them anymore. From now on, if he had issues he would attempt to deal with them himself, and only come to her as a last resort.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Another moment of silence passed over us. I decided to speak up, hopefully my question wouldn't trigger anything personal. "What was your life like before you found Camp Half-Blood?" I asked. I felt his hand brush against my cheek as I spoke. The waves crashed against the shoreline, and the wind whistled in the air.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Aaren shrugged in response to Anna's question. "Nothing special," he said. I spent my time either in school or at home trying to make something that didn't explode. My mom had to work a lot, but we'd spend time together when she wasn't busy." Now that he thought about, his life before coming to the camp hadn't been that bad. So then why was he here?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 pm

I smiled wider. "Lucky you," I replied. I was happy for him, I really was, but I was envious because I was never able to live that life. However, I didn't show my jealousy in my expression, so I let him speak.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Aaren frowned at Anna's words. Her tone may not have given anything away, but the boy knew from experience what emotions that phrase was usually meant to convey. "I'm sorry, I didn't think--" He couldn't finish the sentence. What could he say? He didn't realize that he shouldn't talk about enjoying life with his mortal parent because Anna hadn't had the same experience? That was the problem, but Aaren had no idea how to say it. So, he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:39 pm

"It's alright," I chuckled softly. "I'm happy for you, I really am. Forget about me. I'm fine."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Aaren kissed Anna, their lips meeting for just a second before he drew back. "Every time anyone says they're fine I believe it a little less. You're not fine. You might be happy now, but you're not fine."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

He caught me off guard as leaned forward and kissed me. As he pulled away, I gazed into his eyes. "I know, I know," I said. "But really, it was three years ago. I'll get over it sooner or later. I'll be fine, trust me." I smiled at him as I spoke.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Aaren knew Anna was wrong about getting over her issues with her dad, but he didn't want to ruin the peace he felt with an argument. So he smiled back at Anna. "If you say so." As he spoke, he gently squeezed her waist with his arms.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Feeling him sqwease my waist, I returned the favor, and sqweased his neck with my arms. I felt at peace with Aaren. Not only were we together, but he actually cared about me. You can hardly find a boy with a trait like that.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:08 pm

For once Aaren was grateful for the silence. Their conversation had been so serious that a break was very much appreciated. The boy focused on the ocean, listening to the water lap at the shore and the wind blow by them, lightly stirring his hair. It was absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Hanging Out
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next