Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Hanging Out

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Just Hanging Out - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:33 am

I blushed, but only slightly. "Well . . . Yeah, I did feel something . . ." Finally figuring out that a boy likes you was one of the most odd moments in my life. I've never been in a situation like this before, or even come close to one. I tried to remain calm and composed, and wait for Aaren's reply.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:01 pm

So Anna had felt something too. That was good. No, it was great, amazing even. The only problem was, Aaren had no idea where to go from here. He certainly wouldn't mind kissing Anna again, but before that he had to know what it--the kissing, his feelings, all of it--was. "So, does this mean we're..." his voice dropped to just above a whisper, "together now?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I blushed even redder than before. I didn't know what to say. Were we together now? "Well . . . Do you want to be?" I stammered.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Aaren was just as red as Anna was as he waited for her response. Finally it came, and he smiled a little. He'd expected her to say something like that. "I...I want to be together. But I think if we're gonna be together we need to know more about each other." He knew that Anna was going to ask him what he needed to know, and he didn't have an answer to that question. Not yet, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

I rested my head on his chest. "Okay, so who's your divine parent?" I asked. I sqweased my hands around his neck even tighter. I actually felt happy for once.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:26 pm

The weight of Anna's head on his chest made Aaren feel comfortable and secure, a sensation he wasn't all that familiar with. He could get used to it though. He smiled down at the girl as he heard her question. "My dad's Hephaestus," he replied. He was silent after that. He felt like he should ask Anna something, but wasn't sure what he wanted to know. There was so much about her he didn't know, which wasn't good if she was going to be his girlfriend (he liked the sound of that word very much). However, nothing came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 pm

I felt like collasping and falling asleep. The akward-ness was over, and I felt more secure and comfortable around Aaren. A moment of silence past over us. I was unsure of what to say, and the silence made me become uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Aaren could tell that the silence was becoming a bit awkward, so he tried to think of something to say. Finally, something came to him, though he wasn't sure how well he could get the idea out in words. "Why do you practice magic? I mean, I know you can because of your mom, but why do you choose to use it?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

I removed my head from his chest and looked up at him. We were inches from eachother's face. "Well, it's the only type of power that I have. I'm not a Zeus kid that can manipulate the power of lightning or bend the wind. Plus the fact I'd probably be useless without it."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Aaren stared into Anna's eyes as she answered. Sorrow flashed across his face when the girl spoke of being useless. "You don't need powers to be useful. Look at all the non-demigods out there." He raised an arm to indicate the world. "They get by fine without powers. I'm sure that even without magic you could be a great help to somebody. You could never be useless."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:03 pm

A smile fell on my face. "Thanks Aaren," I replied. I leaned back into his chest, still smiling. I sat still and waited for his response.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

"You're welcome," Aaren replied with a smile. He tried to think of something else to ask or say. Preferably something light-hearted, since their conversation so far had been way too serious for his liking. Finally, something came to him. "What's your favorite thing about the camp?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:09 pm

I smiled at his question. "The people," I replied, gesturing to him. It was nice to finally get all of the heavy-hearted stuff out of our conversation. It was becoming to depressing.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Aaren smiled at Anna's response. "Thanks," he said, wrapping his arms around her. "I like you too." He was glad that the conversation had taken the turn that it had. Talking to some he had just met (and who he happened to like very much) about depressing subjects was not his idea of a good time.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Both of us stared out at the sunset. It was getting late, but I didn't want to leave. I played with a few grains of sand as I spoke. "Well, what do you want to do now?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:37 pm

The sun was slowly darkening, going from orange to blue, creeping toward black. Aaren heard Anna's question, but wasn't sure how to answer. "I don't know," he replied. "Just standing here with you...I like this. It is getting late though, but I don't want to go back to my cabin."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:53 pm

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Yeah, I don't want to leave either," I said, returning the smile. I gazed out where the sun was darkening. I didn't want to leave, but I knew soon enough that we would have too.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Aaren smiled when Anna's lips met his cheek. As she drew her head away from his, he put his hand up to his cheek, feeling the fading warmth of the contact. It felt wonderful. After a few minutes of contented silence, Aaren shivered, realizing how cold and dark it was. He sighed. "We should probably go back," he said, though it was obvious from his tone that he didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:22 pm

"Do you want to?" I asked, planting a quick kiss on his lips. The scenery was becoming darker, but I didn't care. I've stayed up late before when I was at my dad's with my friends. I could do it now if I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Anna's question, along with the kiss that followed, made him smile. "No, especially if that's what I get for staying." He may have been speaking lightly, but honestly, even if he hadn't been with Anna he wouldn't have wanted to return to his cabin. Having just arrived, and not really knowing anyone, sleeping in the same room with a bunch of strangers who, apparently, were related to him was unbelievably awkward. Sleeping on the beach was a far better option in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I studied his expression, a smile on mine. "Are you nervous about your cabin?" I asked. The scenery seemed to become darker and darker. The sound of the waves crashing on the beach was the only thing to be heard, besides the whistling of the wind.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:34 pm

He smiled back at Anna, though his smile was small. "Yeah, I am. I don't really know any of my 'siblings,' so being around them is awkward." Aaren wondered if it was like that in the Hecate cabin. Maybe being connected by the ability to use magic made things less awkward for them.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it was like that for me too. You'll get used to it though once you start to meet them. Some of the Hephaestus kids are pretty nice. At least that's what I've heard."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Aaren felt comforted by what Anna said, but only a little. It also made him think. "'What you've heard?' Do the campers from different cabins not usually interact with each other?" If that were true, what did that mean for the two of them?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I shook my head. "No, we interact with eachother," I replied. "We may have training activities to attend to, yes, but there's always time for friends." I smiled at him to make him see more at ease, but I wasn't sure whether that was enough. I hoped it was. I remembered my first day at camp. I was confused, like Aaren, but I soon was able to handle things pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Hanging Out   Just Hanging Out - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Hanging Out
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next