Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Third Party

Go down 
+22
Colby
Zan
sapphire
jessica
Nico
Sorella
Arichu
moon
Ninja Poet
jeromeof6
Gazimu
Katie Firebird
Sniggle
cher
Kat
Pip
welshy
Banana
dean
Prince Hawk
lara croft
Angel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your decision?
I want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 4 I_vote_lcap51%The Third Party - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
I don't want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 4 I_vote_lcap49%The Third Party - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

The Third Party - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 pm

I can't remember that. Even so, you should try to be bigger people.
Back to top Go down
Sorella

Sorella

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Usually I don't like to get involved here but I think you guys are taking what Sno said a little too far, I mean honestly. I am tired of seeing this constantly going on.

Chrome, why do you not want to ever give an admin wipe? Because you don't want to loose power? Is that why? Or is it because you like doing your job? Or perhaps both? What is an admin wipe were to benefit the site? What would you do in those regards.

Par, I personally think you have gone too far with that whole thing, the fact that you edited and added in that last paragraph was quite a low blow and totally uncalled for because that has nothing to really do with current issues, Sno isn't saying he wants to be admin, or he wants Gaz to be admin, he's not even saying he wants to be advisor. All he's saying is that if he was voted in he'd do it because it's member's choice.

I'd also like to recall that night that you say you and the admins didn't bash on Hawk, I was there and I only stepped in with my rude comments because of the bashing, I do not step out of line or out of turn unless someone is being picked on, it's not cool and I will not stand for it no matter how much you people don't know me, I do what I believe is right, my momma didn't raise no fool. When you basically use a form of taunt that's linked to bashing, my dear. Let me quote some things I remember being said.

"HAWK?!"
"HAKW?!"
"ARE YOU LISTENING?"

That lovely, is taunting and a form of abuse in my eyes and most likely in many others, members and people should have a freedom of thought and opinion and be able to express that in the way they want, no member left chat during that time and if they did it was due to inactivity, again I didn't want to get involved here but with that last paragraph being a low blow at Sno it's self, I had to step in and say something. Actually you should also know one of your mod's doesn't like the character mod at all and I have a screen shot to prove myself of it.

No one was trying to be unfriendly and disrespectful here, especially Sno. He was being calm about all of this because trust me, he could be so much worse than how he is here and speaking before you now and it's not disrespect he speaks in, it's in expressing his own opinion, and same as my post right now it's self.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Sorella I'd love to see the entire context of the bashing that I so apparently did. And actually, people did leave. I can think of three people at least. Probably more.

And that low blow is nothing more than something I thought I should add because I find it extremely suspicious. And it's true. I'm not making it up, I'm stating my opinion on the matter.

As for Sno keeping his cool and being not being unfriendly or disrespectful? I also disagree. A message from Sno in response to a PM I sent to Gaz. And throughout the chat there have been multiple prods at Admins. Throughout the PMs as well. In chat.

Spoiler:

If anyone remembers, there was very minimal fighting before this advisor thing began. Before this whole idea of changing the admin team--which has worked perfectly fine for the last two years or so, possibly more--began. I quite miss that. The site has become a warzone. It's not relaxing and it's not for roleplay anymore. It's about power. And the powers were balanced nicely before. Yes, members want things done. And we realize that, and we've always known that, and we've worked extreme amounts to dish things out.

And when we dish things out, like the character mods, to fix problems that members have complained about, such as the amount of time it takes for characters to be excepted, we're criticized for that too. People seem quite accustomed to taking the admin team's work for granted nowadays, and the fighting has actually cracked the team. We've lost two excellent administrators since this began. We've been given crap daily since the beginning of this thing and more people want desperately to quit because of it. Everything was fine the way it way. Yes, not flawless, nothing is flawless. But fine.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 pm

I said I wasn't going to post here anymore, but if you want to bring things that have absolutely zero to do with the discussion into this. Fine by me.

I was not demoted. I am still a mod, on the website and in the game. (Of Minecraft)

I left on my own terms, not because I was fired or kicked out. Leading up to that resignation however, was a disagreement with the server owner. I have Skype chat logs and witnesses to report the validity of what I am about to say.

There was a member who was confirmed to use hacking, and exploitations to gain an unfair advantage on the server. But, when Administrators and Moderators, tried to Jail/Mute/Punish in anyway the server owner, would let him go free.

When I first brought this up to her. She told me that she did not care. And so, I went to the Admins and asked them if they knew about anything that was letting him off scott free. When they told me, they did not. I asked the Owner as to what circumstances had allowed this Hacker to get off free. She responded with "We're simply good friends"

No one is above the law. Anyone who knows what the Magna Carta is should know that no one is above the law. I was not going to sit and take abuse from this Hacker, when I could not do my job as a moderator and punish him for breaking the rules. If you would like to see the resignation I put in, you would first have to register to the website.

Here is the link: http://www.eirinncraft.net/forum/m/3778993/viewthread/3628554-resignation-from-server

As to what would happen if a staff wipe were to occur? How would I know? It's only happened once before. One admin was left in power (Zan) and she had the duty of piecing back together the staff. I never said I was for, nor against a staff wipe. I merely said that many people were agreeing that is what they would like to see happen.

Next time you aim low hit harder.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Sni, I think the reason why people are arguing so much in this topic, are the people who are absolutely not wanting to even try it out. I'm willing to try it out, and if it doesn't work out, we can stop it. I don' want the site to be torn apart over this though. So, I'm not taking sides anymore. I'll be in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm continually not posting because I'm being the bigger person.

If anyone remembers, after I put that message in chat, Zelly asked what was going on, Sniggle replied with "Sno's just pissy because he didn't get voted as Advisor." If you also read a message I made earlier you would read that I have been "polite and respectful with the exception of the chatbox once."

As a fan of history I would've hoped you would understand what the Magna Carta has to do with it. Even if you weren't I made it very clear.

As for who said it, why should I tell you? What will that solve besides extreme hate / prejudice against those persons. The fact that people have said it in general should concern you. Yet you care more about who said it and not why it was said.

This time I'm really not responding. All your encouraging is more arguing and more hurt feelings, and as I've said, I'm not out to do that.

This is a response to a post by Zan that was just deleted.

In the message she asked me why I dodged the question of who said those things and why I rambled on about the Magna Carta that was before the Mayflower Compact.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't like reading this. It's all rude. It's not just arguing over advisor. NO ONE HERE IS ARGUING OVER ADVISOR ANYMORE.. They're making personal bashes at everyone. I like the way Sno orginized the points neutrally so I shall do that as well. Note, this is not everyone as a whole, just generally speaking.

Side One
  • Admins don't perform as well as they should and need to step it up, because they're constantly shrugging things off.
  • Staff is too cliquey and needs to branch out.
  • Our opinion WILL help the site, and it WILL be implemented, because the staff shouldn't make all decisions.
  • Admins aren't good people. They're rude, etc.

Side Two
  • No one has a right to come and tell us how to do things.
  • Sno is untrustworthy.
  • We don't want change, nor do we want people telling us what to do.
  • We should be treated with the same respect as other members, we aren't getting this respect, some people don't deserve this respect because of their past, etc.

Side Three
  • You're both being awful just compromise oh my god. Neither side should win.

I no longer side with anyone, because after demoting myself I began to understand the member's point of view, but I also still know what it feels like to be on the other side of the argument. No one has a right to accuse anyone of anything here, because people involved will be biased/won't tell the real story, and people not involved will never know the real story. Even if they are shown proof, it's not the real story. That's just how arguments works. Honest, trustworthy people will indeede make themselves sound better, because no one wants to bash on themselves. (we can all understand this.)

I do think the Hakw things was handled, even if it wasn't handled correctly. I have no idea what went on. But it went on and it's over. Yes, the treatment Hawk received was probably too harsh. But I don't know. What I do know if he's being defended more because he's a member. People who are saying the admins are being too mean have been the rude ones themselves. Some people say they will stick up for anyone, but where are those people when the staff is being picked on? Where were they when I was crying? When Angel quit? When Sniggle and Sno were going at it?

Things worked out, but they all lead up to this. This huge fight that everyone is just tearing others down on a very personal basis. This is coming from a perspective pretty much blind to color as of right now. Look at it that way. No one has any color, no one is on staff, no one is a member, we're all people going at it online. There would be different views on this. Wild you say any of these things to someone in real life? No. Don't tell me "well I'm a badass, so yes I would." You wouldn't, because the conversations being exchanged are just flat out mean. There should be no one replying to this text with "they need to such it up," or "this is biased" or "I never said that." This is one giant generalization coming from someone who is completely fed up with everyone except the Third Party. People arguing are getting on my last nerve. I can't log on without tension and suspicion and fear.

No one should be afraid to log on. This environment turned very hostile very fast. I personally am afraid of bashing as I click send, because I know most peopl will disagree, but it needs to be said. I'm not the first to say stop arguing, but I can't express how sick and tired I am of this happening.

Zan: ily and I'm not sure what's going on, but arguing doesn't help. the hawk situation confuses me, and I'm not sure who to even believe. I'm sorry.
Sniggle: I did think the arguing between you and Sno was flat out ridiculous. I'm glad Sno apologized, and I get your frustration, but please don't. ily, too. (I completely understand wanting to argue, and I'm sure you can understand why I feel this way, but it needs to stop. This bashing was out of hand.) <4
Angel: thank you for that post, I agree with all points.
Sno: oh my Sno Sno. I read my post, the one that I pretty much did nothing but hate on you in, and I'm sorry. I think your argument has become heated as well, but I only fueled it and I'm sorry. I don't need to be your friend again, I said horrible things, I just want to apologize for my behavior and suggest holding back on the harshness of your own posts. <3
Gaz: thank you for having a friendship agreement with me.
Sorella: I don't think you really understand the admin's side of things, and I think you should try and believe what sniggle said, because I know how harshly certain people react to punishment, but I think you standing up for him was the right thing to do. You're right, no one should be treated like that. This includes staff. The message goes both ways, but I'm still sorry for ignoring you. I didn't mean to.
Hawk: I'm sorry you feel disrespected. No one should feel that way. But loggging on and trying to start a fight isn't the answer. Spreading hate isn't the answer. How do you feel when people treat you that way? Treat others the way you want to be treated. You don't like arguments concerning your behavior, so don't make someone else feel uncomfortable. If they ask you to stop, just draw the line. Venting is fine, but dragging someone who wants to be excluded in is a violation of the rights we have here. I'm still sorry that you must feel ignored, but try and understand what everyone is going through,
Kat: I agree with your opions pretty much. You aren't too involved, but you still want things to end and I respect that.

I'm pretty sure that's all I have to say. I don't want flames for this. I want people to stop what they're doing and think about what I said. If I personally called you out, don't hate on me. I needed to defend everyone. Everyone has a positive and a negative. So I wasn't harder on any one person.

I tried to be unbiased, but I am a person and I have opinions. I mostly just want this sickening rudeness to end. I know people have been trying to stop it. I don't need to hear any "that's what I'm trying to say", and Sno, please don't dissect this message. It's me being honest and that makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. I hope it doesn't need any dissecting. I didn't write it thinking "hate hate ha ha ha hate every where." I'm thinking only "stop stop just oh my god for real."

Note: I'm not bad with grammar. But I was typing quickly on an iPad. That's bad news for my spellings and grammar.

Last edited by Allison on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Sno, I deleted it because I didn't see Sniggle's post. That's all. That was my fault.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey Nico, I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Sorella

Sorella

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am

Nico, I haven't really fought much in this topic. I've been pretty neutral but agreed with having an advisor, other than that I hadn't really had myself involved in it because I'm not one for arguments, they always end up in me crying most times because I am a sensitive person, however I haven't cried yet, which is a record. I also want you to read ALL seven paragraphs I posted as my opinion earlier in this topic, because then you shall know I do understand the admin's point of view. Much like Angel I had stated things about both parties and I suggested a compromise as well in there. That's all I'd like you to note. Also I know you're sorry for neglecting me dear. ^_^

I agree with you though.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

:3 I didn't think I was neglecting you at the time, I only treated you as I treat everyone. I see it know though. I can't imagine how I would have reacted. Much worse, so thank you very much. I am a pretty blunt person, and this also leads to me not ever really noticing disturbance, my bluntness must be matched with more bluntness. So really, just tell me: "hey nico/anyone else, I, like a lot of members, feel as if ________." I want to avoid making anyone cry in the future. Oh dear gosh, that would be awful and unintended.

But like you I'm a crier, so of course I cry over everything. (pretty much, unless I just get sassy and intolerable.)

But if you ever want anyone to talk to about blows or things you receive, believe you me, I can relate, girlfriend. Even if we don't have much trust built up, I'm a good pair of ears. (just a warning: I also have a big mouth, xD But I will understand crying.) If my original post came out too harsh, it wasn't intended to. Maybe it was supposed to be a little harsh, very blunt, kinda stubborn, but I wasn't targeting you and I would never wish to upset you. If I did upset you I would take it down. Everyone just had to see their actions from a perspective of basic indifference.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 am

Please. I'm begging all of you.

This topic has caused too much drama. It's not even about this advisor thing. Go and find an advisor. I don't care. Just please, stop this. Please. I can't stand watching everyone feel bad or hating on each other. As much as I don't like people sometimes and no matter how much I hate some people sometimes, I realise that they're also people. They also have people they worry about. They also have people that they need to care about.

Please, no more fighting. I understand everyone isn't happy, I oppose this idea, I don't like it, but right now, I'll do anything to get this to end. I'm not joking. I don't know whether I may be mocked or loved because of this post, but I don't care anymore. I don't give a cow's butt because honestly, I don't want to see this site torn apart again.

I've gone through multiple staff topics and I've always been paranoid. I didn't realise it at first, but this may lead to CHB ripping in half again. I don't want that to happen. I love this site too much.

I understand how everyone would be annoyed, pissed, angry, etc. But please, put those feelings aside and just stop fighting anymore. If you still feel angry, my PM box is open. But I'd ask you guys to rethink your reasons for fighting. Is it because of 'revenge'? Is it because you just feel that other people are annoying you? Is it even related to this topic?

Whenever I see Sniggle or Zan on the chatbox, they're stressed out. It hurts to see them like this. I care so much about them. I can't stand to see them worried about the site all the time. Skye has a new school to care about, Angel had college, Zan has band camp, Nico has dance, Sniggle also has college.

All of these things are pressuring. The fact that I see them on the chatbox, worried about this site all the time actually makes me want to just make their worries go away. Completely gone. So that they can be happy.

This also goes for all the other countless members who have been stressed out on this topic. I love you all, and I can't stand you guys feeling stressed. I just can't.

So please, rethink everything. Is this REALLY about an advisor anymore? From what I see, it's not.

So please, this fighting needs to stop. Jess is right. This site can't split again. This is too much for everyone.

Edit: I found this in a topic from a long time ago. I posted this as a newbie, but I hope this gives you insight on how a newbie may feel.

Quote :
I don’t think it’s fair on Selene and Jess. They can't be everywhere at once. We need someone that gets on frequently, all the time. The rude comments in the c-box are to be stopped before someone gets hurt. For some people, they are big softies. Like me. And they don't like those fights. They try to stay neutral. But when some people insult them, they take it seriously. I may only be 11, but I know how it's like to be put down all the time. It’s not fun. We all have to work together. Stop any fights. As a newer member, I feel left out when some older members talk about the good 'ol times. And how it was before the 'new people' came. It's not exactly the thing I want to see on the C-Box. Some people get offended and another fight starts. I'm the biggest softie you'll ever know. And I feel bad for you people whoa are trying to do your jobs when other people won't even bother and they think you're just 'joking' and when you tell them you’re serious, they act all dramatic and some people take sides. The C-Box isn’t used for this purpose. It’s for us to have fun and be safe. People just have to work together on that.

I posted this after a fight in this topic that Max made. I may not completely agree with this anymore, but just for reference.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 am

I like hearing both sides of any topic. Everyone is left or right one thos. I can't even read all of these comments because most ofyou have strayed from advisors on to whos wrong who's rights.

I love every single person and everyone has put work into this site. It has to improve fo stay up, but most everyone seems to want it more complacated then it should be. there's a line between improvment and and just tacking on spare parts with no function.

Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy and support doing activies and benefits, but some of you see it as the most important thing. Who's doing this,.who's got that, Who said what.

Last I checked it was a roleplay site. Runned by relieable people and teaming with members who just enjoyed having someone to share interest in.

I understand that people want more, they want to prove they have what ot takes to do something, thy want attention. Fine go for it, but social contracts claiming power with happiness is disgusting to me.

If it would make you happy, make you feel better I would decline my position willingly for someone who could do much better then me if it would benefit this site.

I don't think it matters though. All i've seen is a bunch of holes in this boat, it's having trouble staying up.

As for advisors. I like the idea of someone jusy keeping admins fouced
Hate the idea of too much power

Sounds like a cool idea after everthing is settled.

And as of Elites and Admins, I don't care at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 am

Power drives people nuts. Whether they abuse it or not. Think about having someone who has power over all the admins, technically.

I doubt it would benefit people.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:00 am

The Advisor wouldn't have any power over the admins, the job is to keep them on track with what they decide to do, and provide an extra opinion in those matters. Not tell them what to do and how to do it.

Just Sayin, again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 am

Guys, this is upseting me. Its not fair to anyone to fight like this. I'm getting very "emotional" about this. It makes me really upset to see people this way. I broke down earlier because of all the fighting. I don't know if any other members feel this way but, its tearing the site apart and the members. Everyones taking sides, and I just don't understand the point.

I'm switzerland in this argument, so don't expect me to choose a side. Not that I can change or fix any of this because I'm a member but, yeah. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 am

Everyone feels this way, Kenzie. We all just want the fighting to stop.

I know Sno and Gaz had an issue with how the site was running before they suggested this. I know they thought things were moving slowly, and yeah, sometimes updates were slow, but I thought everyone was happy. There were a few little fights, but what do you expect from a site of 3,000 people?
At this moment, even though I think that someday an advisor may be an option to consider, I think that right now it's just causing more problems. I think that right now it's not the right decision, it's causing too many fights and it won't work out.
Even a compromise. Those people that don't want the advisor will be against it, and those people that do want it, if it doesn't work out, will give everyone grief that they didn't try hard enough.

This is never going to end peacefully unless we just put this to bed. I'm not saying we completely say no to the advisor role. But at the moment, with everyone I would suggest as a candidate either gone, busy or leaving, I do not think it is the right option. And I believe that continuing the discussion about it will only cause more fights.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 am

I think the fair compromise on this issue is something a lot of people here have agreed would be good, try out the Advisor position for a few months, and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sorella

Sorella

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 am

Angel, just to note at the beginning of this, it's not to argue with what you said but it's a small little bit that came to mind as I read your last post. I honestly don't mean to offend anyone with what I am about to say, I don't intend to but it happens anyway. So I am sorry in advance.

I'd like to point out that nothing can change and be better until you have a fallout and you hit rock bottom, it just happens it honestly does, I have experienced it first hand because all my life I've been sitting at rock bottom and it gets worse by a bit but then it gradually gets better.

Now with a site of that many there's bound to be some arguments in here, people argue and debate because we're only human and some of us just have stronger feelings for what we believe is right and how we choice to go about that depends on the person really. I'd also like to mention in this point that, fights wouldn't really need to happen if people had simply voted, yes or no or stayed uninvolved and didn't bash each other. I do admit both sides were being incredibly harsh here and it got to a rough spot because we all hit weak spots but maybe if we remember in the future to perhaps keep our opinions in our minds our write it out somewhere else and not clutter this it wouldn't have to have been as big as it is. Perhaps we should have just asked to direct the PM's to you Angel and then you could answer them to the best of their abilities and if you had admin panel you could have possibly locked this thread so it couldn't be posted in and that way, no fights, and only votes and things would stay in the pm's and not put conflict on the whole site, but hey we learn from our mistakes and I think that's something we could all do next time it's a big vote like this.

I don't think it's fair to just lay this down now after it go so far, there's always going to be the pleased side and the side that's angry about it but that happens in stuff like this and it happens in real life politics when the government decides to do something and has a vote, not everyone is in favour of it but it happens none the less.

So this is my last post and final post in this topic ever, if you have anything to say about the things I have said in this topic alone, feel free to pm me about it and leave it out of the topic for the sake of the other members. so they don't have to see it anymore and I will respond to you, I mean this in the most respectful and calming matter possible. Not trying to spark something but if you have a bone to pick with me, just please pm me instead of putting the burden on everyone else who isn't involved.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 am

Okay I haven't posted in this thread yet but I've been reading /most/ of the posts. And I can see both sides of the argument. It is clear that both sides have plenty of support (the poll is almost fifty fifty) and I think we need a compromise. Having access to the mod forum I can see most of the upcoming events - there are quite a few - and I can see why the admins/staff are saying they are doing a lot for the site. Because they are. I can also see why the members want an advisor. Because they can't see all this. So maybe in the future we can have better communication of what is coming up though if you look at the recent news post made by our lovely admin Zan, a few of the upcoming events are hinted at there.

Anyway. Compromise. I suggest that we do try this advisor position out, it has enough votes that it is obviously a popular idea. But maybe we try it out in a month or two, after the admins have had a chance to get all the events that have planned out. Some of these events have been in planning for several months and it would be a crime to deny them the opportunity to at least get these out as their OWN achievements before we try the advisor. This way we both get the advisor Sno, Gaz and a portion of our members want (albeit not right away) and we also let the admins finish off what they've got planned.

Personally I don't see another solution that will please the most members. Yes, it's not perfect. But I'm sure more than anything members just want an end to this fight and this compromise will provide that end.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 am

Welp, I agree with all those who said something about trying out the advisor idea. That, and I have something else to say.

I really think discussion of this topic and anything related to it should only stay here and especially not the chatbox. From what I've read, it has been driving people off the chatbox and resulted into a fair few issues there as well. Now even members who didn't really want to take part in this somehow get involved too, because it gets brought up in the cb where everyone is just supposed to chill. Discussing it out of this thread honestly feels more like it's a personal fight than a 'business' kind of fight (even though some comments I see here and there are already suggesting that it is). I'm going to tell you not to take anything here personally and not to stray off the advisor idea, but I guess it's inevitable when we teenagers have a lot of mixed emotions about the conflict.

Sorry if I got a little off-topic, but I had to get that out. Thing is, this debate is going way out of line and is causing a lot of feelings to get hurt, even of those who are not directly involved in this.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 am

I would still be willing to try it out, because if it doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure that those willing to try it would see that it isn't working out, and they would be fine with throwing the idea in the trash after that, but whatever. If it's going to cause "World War III on chb", then no.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:11 pm

The admin had discussed the Charlie Compromise prior to it being posted here. We all agree to it.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

Just a question. Does the advisor have actual Veto power, or do they just make suggestions?

TL;DR- Advisor: their word is god *or* Advisor: S/He lays guidlines.

I'm one hundred percent indifferent, no matter which way it goes, I just wanna know.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 am

The Advisor has no Veto power and doesn't have a vote in decisions, just lends an opinion and keeps the admins going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Party
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next