Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Third Party

Go down 
+22
Colby
Zan
sapphire
jessica
Nico
Sorella
Arichu
moon
Ninja Poet
jeromeof6
Gazimu
Katie Firebird
Sniggle
cher
Kat
Pip
welshy
Banana
dean
Prince Hawk
lara croft
Angel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your decision?
I want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 2 I_vote_lcap51%The Third Party - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
I don't want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 2 I_vote_lcap49%The Third Party - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The Third Party - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Inaniloquist.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Inan is gone. He's been gone for a long, long time. I've never met Inan but I heard he was excellent. What's to say he can dedicate enough time to run it again?

And what is it that we're doing so horribly as it is now?
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm

I think if Inan would return, he would be promoted to admin quickly anyway because he was really amazing. But he hasn't been on in months.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Whats to say he wouldn't dedicate time to it? We don't know either way.

Plus, theres a bunch of people who would be great for the job as advisor.

The Advisor job is essentially to make sure decisions are being made in good time, make sure everyone is doing their basic duties actively, provide an opinion for the Admins to have available when they need it.

-Gaz
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Because if any of you had payed any attention on the chatbox in the recent few days you would know that I have found Inan. He is alive and well, he has the time to come back to CHB, he has the ability to.

What you're doing now is forming little clique groups.

This is what the site is.
The Third Party - Page 2 Sandeepr-2089756

This is what it was.
The Third Party - Page 2 Sun-09

This is what it could be.
The Third Party - Page 2 2708197470_3e73d9ace6_o

What you're doing wrong is hiding behind your arrogance. You believed me to be power-hungy, even when I said and reassured you that what I wanted was not what was being discussed. You justified your not choosing me as due to I haven't been here and haven't proven myself to be worthy. I'm a legend. I'm not supposed to be remember? That was the purpose, to give those leaving a place of remembrance and specialty for their hard work on the forum. Not for the forum, not because of the forum. On it. You dare tell me to impress you when you, as an Admin, should be the one doing the impressing, you worked hard, but the standard has been low for many many months.

Your hard work, as it was put, may be hard work for you. But there are others who can do just as much work in one day as I've seen you all do since I left. Take Gaz, what I've seen accomplished by Gazimu in a couple of hours, hell last night, was more than I've seen you do since I came back. And you may justify it as, "Well I'm doing work but you're not seeing it because I'm an Admin."

To which I reply, this is a website for members, not Admins. You need to prove to the members you can be doing the grind work and they will not question you.

And there yet again, I will quote your message.

Sniggle wrote:
And you're not becoming a legend because we don't consider you to be legend-worthy. We don't like that we're being pushed around, and I don't know what you've done to make me think, wow, he should be a legend. Apparently other admin are stumped too. That's why I don't think you should become a legend. It's not a matter of why you shouldn't be, it's a matter of why you should be in my eyes. And I don't see it. And we could wait for Skye but since that's not fast enough for you I'm telling you no right now.

You don't like being pushed around? The admin team serves the members. You have no superiority and you have no authority until you earn it in their eyes. Which has not happened. I'm not supposed to be active, I'm a legend remember? Thats why you justified Gaz wasn't a legend. Quit playing with your friends and do your job. If you need me to explain what your job is supposed to be then why you have become an Admin is certainly a mystery to explore.

Last edited by ~.°•:Snolanda:•°.~ on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Whats to say he wouldn't dedicate time to it? We do know because he's been admin before and left. After he left, he came back to being admin for about a month and just vanished without so much as a word to anyone except the staff. So no, I don't really believe in Inan's activity. In his work, I do, very strongly even but in his activity? No, I have serious doubts.
Back to top Go down
jeromeof6

jeromeof6

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Gaz for president 2012

The Third Party - Page 2 4021420466
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Welcome to CHB Jero!

You'll find it quite different than THG and all. Because I'm not here as awesomely as I am there The Third Party - Page 2 4021420466
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 pm

jeromeof6 wrote:
Gaz for president 2012

Wrong - Sno for President 2012. Gaz can be vice.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Awh
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Guys, I wish we could just stop fighting and focus on the fact that the admins are just as human as we are. Real life happens and can get in the way of what's on the computer. Everyone on her is a real person and I think feelings might get hurt. It's not really needed if new people are stepping up as admins and mods, is it?

Just stating my opinion....

- Moon
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Daemon wrote:
Whats to say he wouldn't dedicate time to it? We do know because he's been admin before and left. After he left, he came back to being admin for about a month and just vanished without so much as a word to anyone except the staff. So no, I don't really believe in Inan's activity. In his work, I do, very strongly even but in his activity? No, I have serious doubts.

Amen. I have no doubt in Inan's potential--the entire site seems to trust him. But I don't know about his activity and dedication. The guy obviously has other priorities.
Back to top Go down
Arichu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

The Third Party - Page 2 Tumblr_llw6q55rHw1qf69w9
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Okay, I've thought things over a little.
The admin team is kind of unfair.

If you look through the Suggestion Box then you can see several topics of members who give good idea's. Like, a summer festival or something like that. And what is the reply every time? 'The admins are currently working on something big. ' and the admins have been saying that for a while, yet we don't really see anything happening.
Also, a while ago someone suggested a GREAT idea. Lots of other people posted in the topic, saying that it was good and adding some other small details to make it even better. But you know what? Only one admin, just one, was against the idea, and it never happened. It's somewhere in the suggestion box but I'm on my IPod so I don't have to time to find it.

Anyway, I have to admit, I wouldn't mind a change of the admin team. They're supposed to be making new changes, and make the forum better. And the forum hasn't really gone anywhere. Of course, there's been minor changes and everything, but how hard would it be to bump the forum up to SON? Or even Post- TLO? We could do a big war and post our characters there.

This is where the advisor would come in. They would be there to not be an admin, but to HELP the admins. I don't think that all of you really see the point in an advisor, or say that they're the same as an admin. But they're not.
An admin is a person who runs a forum, and make new topics for the members to enjoy. An advisor is someone who keeps people on track. The advisor would make sure that the admins are still working on whatever big thing that they have planne for the members. Because (while I know it's hard to design things and whatnot) how hard is it to just make new sections, or even just a sticky? Like, while we're waiting, it wouldn't be to hard to post a spring-fling.

That's just what I have to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Sorella

Sorella

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Alright, so I am not well known here and I may not be around and as popular as most other members are, I'm not the one who is said "hi" to on chat on many occasions but that doesn't mean I don't care for the well being of this site. I myself have been doing this line of roleplaying and stuff for many, many, years. I to am experienced, maybe just as experienced as the next person. I may believe I have more experience in this regard because I have been on a site roleplaying with an older and more mature forum base. I know how things work, and I know what's best for any site.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that, members voting against Sno, Gaz, and the elites does not mean their method wont work for this site, not at all. Some members may be afraid of change, or they may be afraid of the admin team here. I mean the admin's have power to ban them, although I don't think the admin team would be so childish as to do such, but it doesn't stop that nagging thought. Some others may be afraid of change and that's really a shame because perhaps they don't understand the advisor role to an extent.

Speaking as to oppose the admin team, I mean no harm when I comment these things but, perhaps they don't want change and they don't want an advisor either, perhaps they just don't understand the complete mechanics of an advisor and how it could benefit you. Perhaps the admins are simply too lazy to make a change, or that's the reason they don't want it, I don't see such a problem in an advisor at all really.

Although to speak against Sno, Gaz, and the elites and go from an admin's point of view. Perhaps Sno and all of them are coming into their site and trying to change it, when they didn't ask for change and they really didn't ask for any of this, they don't want someone coming in here and telling them what they should to do with the site and that they're doing it wrong, I mean I just as much as the next person hate being told I'm doing something wrong because it picks on my nerves every little bit.

So to say, have a big debate like this is silly, because this poll and all these comments can go on forever, what I don't understand is, what you all could have done was try out the advisor thing for a few months and really give it a fair time to work it's way and then decide whether you want it or not. How can one decide what they want if it's never happened with them before? How can you make that choice? Really? They don't know it and they'll just got and vote for what their friend wants and it's not about pleasing your friend, it's about pleasing you and your likes and what you want to see. I believe you should try it our at least for a given three months or so to give it a fair shot and see where it goes by then and then have a poll whether the members want to keep it or not. I know this paragraph is rather redundant but it was good points and values.

I myself am well associated with Sno and Gaz, and I consider them friends but because I've experienced their method before even joining Chb it's self or one of their sites, before I even knew Sno, I liked the advisor role, and I could make an honest opinion on what I'd like to see for this site, and therefore I had voted on having an advisor, not simply because I am on speaking terms with them and know them quite well, it's because it's my own beliefs, I don't go with what any of my friends want because they want it or it'll make them happy, I go with what I want and what I'd like to see and make ME happy. So just a little note to the members here that, it'd be nice if you voted for what you want to see, I suppose if you lack knowledge in what an advisor does, I can fill you in.

An advisor is close to what Angel has described, an advisor however does not have more power than all the admins, that is not at all true, the advisor is just more of a leader role, someone who can make sure things are in order and make sure that the things are getting done on the forum, and help make the admins make you happy. A little tid bit for the admins here, it does not mean that you will lose your power, it does not mean that the advisor is better than you, and all that. To be quite fair I get all the excuses that you simply don't have a lot of time and give your reasons, well then honestly, if you don't have time to be admin and be apart of the site as much as they need you, you might as well resign because what use are you if you're gone or busy? It is nice to take an odd vacation but make sure other people are there to take over your duties and make sure that you will come back and slip right back into your duties and not slack off. This is just my honest opinion. Sorry if I offended some of you, I did not mean that and those were not my intentions, I wanted to voice my opinions and you can take it or leave it because they're my opinions and I stand by them, I am never persuaded or moved, once I have my mind made up, you will not change it. This may sound harsh but it's true.

So thank you for taking the time to read what I had to say.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

I would like it put on record that I haven't agreed since day one. I got stressed because no one was listening to me say that I didn't agree, and left the chatbox, where they just counted everyone as a yes.

I WAS A NO. I know when I mess up, believe me. I get crap from everyone when I mess up. I don't need someone telling me when I'm wrong, because of it's my own opinion then it's not wrong. It's just a different point of view. I don't want a leader, yes the original position was introduced as leader, to tell when to stop being stupid. No thanks, doesn't sound fun.

I don't like that there is a topic for this because everyone except Angel voted no for it in the Admin Cave. Even the people who said yes originally are allowed to change their minds. Society originally gave women no rights and had slaves. They changed their minds on that. The other admins slept on it and decided against it. That's perfectly fine. People change their minds, and that can't be used against us.

Also this isn't a fight. It was a suggestion that was shot down. But because it's Sno, and we all know Sno is god!, it became something much bigger.

All of the current ad ins don't want an advisor. And it would be an advisor to us, not you guys. So please just let us be content with leading ourselves as a team! Don't force us into a situation that all of us are uncomfortable with! I already feel uncomfortable enough being here. I don't want to log on thinking: I have to go listen to someone else tell me what to do.

I love Angel, I do, but she isn't really a Third Party. She wanted the leader and Sno, so the post was a little biased. (angel I love you don't get mad at me for saying this.)

I haven't read all the comments, but I see the vote is pretty much tied. Please. Please vote no. I feel strongly about this, and not for selfish reasons. I don't want to give someone ultimate site power. If you guys think that any of us are bad admins, seriously just tell us, because it's not fun getting people secretly worked up about this amd having something blow up so big that everyone thinks we need a damn babysitter.

And we were explained the role in full depth. We understand what it's supposed to be. But we also understand what communism is "supposed to be." I don't appreciate being told that I probably just don't understand. Oh, I understand full well. But I also know this site, and I know people and power in general. Did you ever think that people might just be voting no because they see what we see? Or is that such a far fetched idea that no one could ever be in agreement with us, because we are always wrong? Ha. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Nico, although I supported the idea of an advisor in the admin cave, never once in that message did I post my opinion on this matter. I haven't even voted in the poll. I stated the ups and downs of both sides.
And you guys keep saying "We're the ones that would have to deal with the advisor". Yes, you'd be the ones working with them directly, I won't deny that. But the entire site would be affected by the things they do and the choices they make.
I have changed my opinion since our private discussion after hearing the opinions of the members. At the moment, I am unaware of where I stand on this issue.
I was also not the one to first release this issue to the public. It was discussed extensively in the chatbox, around members. We can't just talk about things like that and then not tell them what's going on.

Please know, I also never intended for this topic to talk about the capability of our current admin. If you'll notice, I praised all of you throughout that entire message.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Sno was the first to go into the chatbox with it, and then you created this topic after resigning because you were torn.

Honestly, I hate this entire thing. The votes are even. Remember when the site was split into two last year? Welp.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm just mad because I don't want this, and on top of everything, people are posting their opinions and the prrsonal side of admins and it's making things worse.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Nico wrote:
I don't want to give someone ultimate site power.

then don't. the Advisor was never going to have ultimate site power. you guys just think that because he or she would be there reminding you to do your job, not telling you what to do, advising you on what you should be doing while you're on the clock.

Sorella wrote:
if you don't have time to be admin and be apart of the site as much as they need you, you might as well resign because what use are you if you're gone or busy?

This point, though partially unrelated to the debate, is very important. Admins should be on the site every day for at least an hour total unless they are going to be somewhere with no internet access or have something to attend that will keep them away from the site for most of the day. Your time online isn't just sitting on chat and maybe talking about something in the Admin cave for a bit, its doing work, moderating the topics for broken rules, accepting characters, responding to any RP's you are involved in, answering members questions politely, thinking and working on ways to better the site, and most importantly, not complaining about it on chat like I've seen happen multiple times.

A site of this size should have a minimum of 4 extremely active Admins, 5 would be better, for the extra hands and the odd number to break ties in votes.

Now, here are four decisions that should be up to the Members entirely through votes:
-Firing of Staff Members
-Appointing of Staff Members
-Addition of new Legends
-New Staff Positions

One very important thing left for now, Admins...

Stop giving stupid reasons to back up your decisions. One Admin has told me I'm not worthy of being a legend because I'm too Active, but that would place 3 or 4 current legends on the same boat with me. Legend status was never intended to be solely for those who have left us, its for those who contributed.

Another Admin told me another thing, that I was not qualified to be a legend because I am a Jerk who hasn't done anything for the Site. This even after I provided both Sno's reasons of why I should be an Admin and my own list of contributions. As for the jerk part, Yes, I am a jerk here, there's just no way to stay nice to you guys all the time when you beat around the bush and can't man up to your opinion of me, instead skirting around it every time I ask. Doesn't matter though, you don't have to like me personally, it doesn't change what I did here for CHB, you can try to kill off the person from the site, but the history he leaves never dies.

Anyone who doubts my contributions is free to PM me and I will provide my nice list for you to review. I look forward to hearing the members opinions after they are aware of all I've done for this site.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Okay, it's honesty time.

I honestly think, after some reflections, that this will be good for us. I also, agree with Gaz, especially about the decisions that the members have a right to make. You guys go on and on about how the members are the most important part of the site, but then, you don't allow us to make important decisions? Sure, we had a poll for the last group of mods, but we, as long as I've been here, have NEVER had a say in admin. I'm not trying to offend any of you or make you feel put down, but it's either time for a change or you need a help. Sometimes I feel as though you guys are neglecting your roles.

So, do what you may, whatever the poll turns out to be. I just wanted you to know what I thought. It took me a lot of spunk to post this. In real life, I never share my opinion, unless it's something like "Do you like cats?". That doesn't count. Okay, yeah bye. *hides from everyone*

Jess
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Alright, too much stress. When I sass my family I know it's time to stop.

I'm not leaving the site, but I'm leaving my position as admin. I don't want to be involved in decisions like this, or forced into anything I don't want to do, or be torn down for attempting a hard job that someone else gave me.

So I came here to rp, that's all I ever wanted to do, and that's what I want to do still. I don't know why an never quit before.

So Roo, Selene, Sorella, and whoever else has been caught talking behind my back can stop now, because the only thing there is to talk about is how awful Nico is for quitting.

Which would only make you hypocrites for complaining about me being admin in the first place.

And I don't have cliques. I have friends. So piss off.

(and I believe the rudeness in this pm should result in a 24 hour chatbox ban, according to the site rules, so whichever admin wants to do that can.)
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Nico wrote:
    I would like it put on record that I haven't agreed since day one. I got stressed because no one was listening to me say that I didn't agree, and left the chatbox, where they just counted everyone as a yes.
    You were never ignored. Everyone heard what you had to say and listened. You said you didn't like me as a nomination for Leader and that was that. You left the chatbox because you gave up on the issue, thereby giving up on your opinion and any sway you had in the matter. I told you, if I thought you were doing a bad job, I would tell you, and so I have.

I WAS A NO. I know when I mess up, believe me. I get crap from everyone when I mess up. I don't need someone telling me when I'm wrong, because of it's my own opinion then it's not wrong. It's just a different point of view. I don't want a leader, yes the original position was introduced as leader, to tell when to stop being stupid. No thanks, doesn't sound fun.
    Yet you yourself stated you would like Angel to be in this position in the role of Adviser. Now you suddenly don't want anything again? It would never be fun and I told you this. Yes, the Admins need a kick in the butt to remind them to stop accomplishing almost nothing and to get to work on the important things of the site. If you think otherwise then look at how close this pole is right now.

I don't like that there is a topic for this because everyone except Angel voted no for it in the Admin Cave. Even the people who said yes originally are allowed to change their minds. Society originally gave women no rights and had slaves. They changed their minds on that. The other admins slept on it and decided against it. That's perfectly fine. People change their minds, and that can't be used against us.
    Angel voted No because she saw the angle I was coming from, she too as well as I had spent time away from CHB and knew what it was like to want to help. Society gave Women no rights because historically it was during a time period where that was the custom and Women were fine with that. Then the Women's right movement came to bring upon CHANGE to everything that was currently CUSTOMARY and FAMILIAR. They had slaves because at the time it was socially acceptable. The slaves wanted rights because they felt EQUAL to those IN POWER. This was viewed with massive outcries of hate and racial intolerance, yet today, the change was for the better wouldn't you agree? It was a massive change from the customary life style because a group of people stood up for themselves and said, "No, we won't live under your rules because they're BS."

Also this isn't a fight. It was a suggestion that was shot down. But because it's Sno, and we all know Sno is god!, it became something much bigger.
    And where do you get off calling me a God? But because it's Sno? Any other member who had done the same things as I did would have the same reaction. Many who don't have the same reaction. Quit it with the accusations I've repeatedly proved to be false as, A) They're offensively stupid. B) You sound like a hypocrite.

All of the current ad ins don't want an advisor. And it would be an advisor to us, not you guys. So please just let us be content with leading ourselves as a team! Don't force us into a situation that all of us are uncomfortable with! I already feel uncomfortable enough being here. I don't want to log on thinking: I have to go listen to someone else tell me what to do.
    All of the current admins are currently, as Sniggle said, not calm. This would again prove the fact that if you're letting your emotions get in front of your judgement and decision making, that you need to give your opinion politely and respectfully, and don't touch the issue again. And how uncomfortable do you think the slaves felt and the women felt with the rest of society voting against them? The idea was never that you have to listen to someone. If you would like me to fetch the exact chat log you acknowledged that this was true I will.

I love Angel, I do, but she isn't really a Third Party. She wanted the leader and Sno, so the post was a little biased. (angel I love you don't get mad at me for saying this.)
    Angel has had no bias. She stepped down from an Admin position. She was the only one to see and acknowledge points from both sides of this. If you believe that post was biased then you need to step away. Because she criticized us both equally and did not encourage or discourage either sides points.

I haven't read all the comments, but I see the vote is pretty much tied. Please. Please vote no. I feel strongly about this, and not for selfish reasons. I don't want to give someone ultimate site power. If you guys think that any of us are bad admins, seriously just tell us, because it's not fun getting people secretly worked up about this amd having something blow up so big that everyone thinks we need a damn babysitter.
    I'm not sure you get this yet so I'll use caps.

THIS IS NOT YOUR SITE.

The members own it. The members run it. You have shown by asking them to vote no you have incredible bias. Please explain to me how anyone who is supposed to be a role model and decision maker, can suddenly show such extreme bias in a situation. This is the member's site. Let them decide. They decide how the Admin "Team" is run. Not you.

And we were explained the role in full depth. We understand what it's supposed to be. But we also understand what communism is "supposed to be." I don't appreciate being told that I probably just don't understand. Oh, I understand full well. But I also know this site, and I know people and power in general. Did you ever think that people might just be voting no because they see what we see? Or is that such a far fetched idea that no one could ever be in agreement with us, because we are always wrong? Ha. Thanks.
    Please explain how anything about a single Admin adviser telling them when they need to get things moving is anything like communism. You continually acknowledge that you understand when in fact your making the most basic mistakes an Admin can make that I've seen yet. Did you ever think people might be voting No for two reasons A) They understand the viewpoint or B) They're part of this little group of friends you guys have formed that go to vote together because you all commonly hate someone.

Parzival wrote:
Daemon wrote:

Amen. I have no doubt in Inan's potential--the entire site seems to trust him. But I don't know about his activity and dedication. The guy obviously has other priorities.
I'm sorry where do you get off? Please explain to me the full story of Inan's departure in detail because you obviously know every single fact surrounding it.

Inan was inactive for a duration of time because he, like Dan, had become busy with real life. After he had returned he was around for about a month before again departing citing personal family reasons. This was never released to the public because it was never the member's problems about the personal life of Inaniloquist. So why didn't he come back? Who knows. Maybe he got bored. But for you to put that hammer of judgement on him, honestly you recieved a mental slap to the face from about half of this board, because that man has more respect and dignity then anything you could possibly think of. Don't talk **** about things you know nothing of.

You all seem to justify my personality by saying that I'm arguing and trying to force my own agenda on CHB. What you seem to have all forgotten is that this is my home just as much as it yours. I have no problem taking no for an answer if you would get over your personal feelings and give a business opinion with fact, and reason, and logic. Will I bring up counterpoints? Yes I will. That is how debating is done and it's how laws are passed in congress.

What I won't do is sit idlely by why the site I call home crashes into the ground. Yes, they are cliques. Friends make up cliques, and you've been ignoring the fact that there are those who aren't your friends who you think they are because you have a blue name or a purple name or whatever. They're outmatched and outgunned need me to name names?

Nico, Allison, I'm sad to see you depart from Adminship, even if it was only temporary, when I went to camp last summer you were the replacement Angel needed. I hope you still enjoy your time wherever you go, and maybe if you do decide to leave the site, you'll make friends elsewhere, then maybe one day you'll come back. You're not awful for quitting. Don't think so. If something becomes too much stress, it's too much stress and it's good for your mind to walk away from it. Best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm

All I have to say about that is I'm a member, too. The staff members are members, too.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Angel wrote:
Let me explain what the duties of an advisor would entail. An advisor would be a guide, of sorts. They would take the admin team and help them along when they need it. They would provide unbiased perspective on situations, deal with the technical side of the site, and sometimes give the acting admin team a kick in the butt to get them moving when they need to.
Sorella wrote:
An advisor is close to what Angel has described, an advisor however does not have more power than all the admins, that is not at all true, the advisor is just more of a leader role, someone who can make sure things are in order and make sure that the things are getting done on the forum, and help make the admins make you happy.

^ This already sounds like what Sno and Gaz are doing.

Why not just make the legend team the advisor team? They are legends, aren't they? Meaning they've contributed a lot to the site and have the power of experience under their wing. Isn't that what you're looking for in potential advisors? How are they supposed to guide the admins if they're clueless and inexperienced? Besides, from what I've seen, Sno, Gaz, Inan and Dan have already proved themselves to fit this kind of role. And honestly, the only problem I see here is that some of the admins are quite unwilling to work with a few of them. But isn't that reality? Like it or not, you're gonna have to be forced to deal with people who get under your skin. It's up to you to handle the situation in a calm and civil manner.

In my opinion, an extra team is unnecessary. Why? Because if this is the result of having two sides debate, argue, fight, whatever, I'd hate to see what would happen if the site is divided into three.

Also, I mean no offense to any of you. I'm just stating my opinion here.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Party
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next