Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Third Party

Go down 
+22
Colby
Zan
sapphire
jessica
Nico
Sorella
Arichu
moon
Ninja Poet
jeromeof6
Gazimu
Katie Firebird
Sniggle
cher
Kat
Pip
welshy
Banana
dean
Prince Hawk
lara croft
Angel
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your decision?
I want an advisor
The Third Party I_vote_lcap51%The Third Party I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
I don't want an advisor
The Third Party I_vote_lcap49%The Third Party I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 am

I said I was going to sleep, but I got to thinking, and I decided to act on my thoughts. I resigned from my adminship about an hour ago because I said that I couldn't take sides in this debate, fight, whatever you want to call it, that's going on between The First Party (Sno, Gaz and the old members of the site) and The Second Party (the admin team). But then I realized that there's not always just two sides to every battle. I have decided that there should be a Third Party.

I've been told more than once that I am, or was, the only admin to respond to the messages and PM's of some people. Hopefully the outcome of this Third Party will stop that from happening. This is not me saying that the admin team is not a good one. Let me start out this message by telling you all just how amazing that team is. They're kind, and generous, understanding, mature beyond their years (most of the time), and they truly do care about this site and they care about each and every one of you.
They all deserve to be administrators, and they all perform their jobs perfectly. They make mistakes. And they're prideful, I won't deny that. But really, who isn't? This is a team of individuals that are all under the age of 18 and are running a site, no, keeping a site of over 3,000 members alive and thriving! I'd say that that's pretty damn amazing.

As for the other side of this brouhaha, which will hopefully be extinguished after this, stands Sno, Gaz and other elite members. They have the best intentions. Some may call Sno power hungry, but I truly do not believe this to be the case. Some say Gaz is an ass. I do believe this to be the case, though I still respect him and am proud to call him my friend. This group of people have been through the ups and downs on this site. They've seen its best years, and its worst. Sno is not power hungry. He just wants what's best for CHB, and he'll go to extreme lengths to do it. He's not an evil person. He's persistent, yes. And also very prideful. But again, aren't we all? But this whole big thing started out as him suggesting something, civilly suggesting something to the admin team, and it somehow, through a series of unfortunate, but inevitable events, it turned into this mess you have here. With one side meeting in secret to plan their next move, and the other holding the ban hammer ready to fight.

I say it needs to end.

Let me take you back to the beginning, to the day that the meeting was help.

About a week and a half ago, perhaps more, Sno approached the admin team (minus Sniggle because she was on vacation) with the proposition of an idea. Gaz joined in as Sno's company and another opinion on the meeting.

Last year, after a previous series of unfortunate events, much like this one, Sno left CHB and went on his adventure through the interwebs. He was the admin, staff, and member of multiple sites, and he gained knowledge about himself and about how to lead a site. He found that the best sites, most of them, often consist of an admin team, and a head admin, or advisor. This was the idea that he suggested to the admin of CHB.

Let me explain what the duties of an advisor would entail. An advisor would be a guide, of sorts. They would take the admin team and help them along when they need it. They would provide unbiased perspective on situations, deal with the technical side of the site, and sometimes give the acting admin team a kick in the butt to get them moving when they need to.

In the process of this meeting, which again, Sni was absent for, the people involved went away with the idea that we were going to implement this advisor role to CHB. There were people suggested for this role, but at the moment I'm just talking about the idea, so we'll leave the candidates suggested out of this message.

Despite the fact that it was pretty much agreed upon that CHB should have an advisor, nothing was put into action because myself, Zan, Skye and Nico wanted to hear Sni's input. It was a few days before Sni had internet access to reply. During that time, the opinions of most of the admin involved in the meeting changed. As the discussion continued, the admin team decided against the idea of an advisor.

Well, like I said, Sno is persistent. He strongly believes that this is the best option for CHB and will better the community as a whole. Discussion between all people involved in this idea continued on for days, but no side would give an inch. They're stubborn, and they're prideful.

And so, here we are. With one admin resigned, four admin freaking out, and a group of elite members planning what they're going to do next. And what about you members? Well, most likely, you're all just trying to keep your heads down and pray that this will blow over.

During one of his speeches in the chatbox, Sno said that "the admin are there to serve the members". This is exactly right. The admin are there to keep the site running for the members.
So here is my suggestion. Let the members decide.
After all, who doesn't love a good ol' democracy? Hm? Well, I can see the two sides involved in this wouldn't.

If it is decided that there should be an advisor (No one in particular, just the idea as itself) then the admin would have to admit that they're not doing their jobs as well as they're capable of. They'd have to admit that they require help, they require advice, and they require a motivator from time to time. There's nothing wrong with admitting you need help. Don't let your pride get in the way.

If it is decided that there should not be an advisor (Again, no one in particular) then Sno and his elite would have to admit that perhaps what works for other sites does not work for CHB. They would have to admit that they were wrong, and they would have to let the issue drop. They have good intentions. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you were mistaken. Don't let your pride get in the way.

So now, after hearing about the issue, the idea, and the winning and losing side for both parties, I suggest that the members decide. It's their site. They are the ones that keep it active, and its the job of the staff to keep it maintained.
It is not in the power of the admin or Sno to decide how this site is run. It is the decision that should be made by the community.

Above this message is a poll. It is asking for a simple vote from the members of this community many of us call home. Should there be an advisor? Or should the admin work as they are now?
We are not talking about anyone in particular, we're not talking about a dictator, we're simply taking this whole fight and breaking it down to what it originally began as. An idea. An innocent idea that exploded into a medley of insanity.
You're the voice of the site. I suggest that you decide.

I'm very sorry for going against the wishes of the admin. I know that you said that you did not want a poll because you would have to be the ones that deal with an advisor. But here's the thing.... If the members vote yes for something, sometimes you just have to swallow it and see how things go. No decision is final. Maybe the poll will decide on having an advisor and it won't work out. I'm sure whoever it is will not go on a rampage and demand that they keep their job.

And I'm very sorry to Sno if this poll does not go in the direction of having an advisor. I know that you're experienced, and I know that an advisor may work for some sites. But if the members vote against it, that means that it won't work for CHB.

And members, no matter what the outcome, this site will never be able to function if you don't trust your admin. They were chosen because they are qualified. They have kept their positions because they remained qualified. You have to trust that they care about you. I saw it firsthand. You don't know how hurt the admin get when we hear about people bashing us. You have no idea how hurt I was when I read the messages posted about myself by some of the members, by some of my friends. It cuts deep.
If this site is going to work, if it's going to function, we can't have bashing. We have to have trust, compassion, and understanding from every single person on this site, staff and members, no matter what the outcome of this poll.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 am

Okay. So I haven't been here long, as I do remind people. And I don't know how to say this. But the admins are trustworthy. They might not reply straight away to messages sent, but they are the people that run this site. They are the people that have to do the organizing, the accepting (For the most part) and they are the people who work the hardest. Yeah, they might be prideful. But at the end of the day, they deserve to be. If their an admin, it means they worked for it, and are working for it.
Having an adviser in my opinion would change that balance. Again, I have no idea how to say how I'm thinking, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

I voted against having one. I might be the only one who doesn't want one, who knows. But from what I've seen of this site, we all function as a sort of family. The admins and mods, their like the mama's and papa's. Then come the rebellious teenagers. An adviser would be like....the grandmother/father of this site.
It just doesn't seem right to have one to me. So yeah. That is why my vote has gone to second party's opinion.

P.S. I am really sorry to hear that your leaving Angel. Speaking for myself, I'll miss you. Speaking for the whole site, I think its fair to say it won't be the same without you (:
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 am

I think we could use an advisor to help out the admin team. I believe we have a very good admin team, however they are human, and they do make mistakes. Several of the admins are leaving this fall, and we will need to replace them with new people, and these new people will be needing guidance and help when it comes to running the site. Having an advisor be very benificial to everyone, because it would help the admins with the site, and by extension help the members because the site is succesful. There would be no harm in having a third party, if it works out it will help out site become the best that it can be, and if it doesnt, then everything will stay the way it is. As I see it, everyone would have something to gain, by at least giving the advisor idea an opportunity to work, if you cut it off before it even starts, you will never know what it could have done. But if you give it a chance and it works then the site will be even more succesful.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
dean
Experienced Poster

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 am

Since I have been a member for a long time and I have seen the ups and downs like Sno and Gaz, I have a different idea for the setup of the admin team. We always pick the older members because they have been here longer, but this made me notice that they like sticking to the old things, colours, logo and everything else. What I would like to suggest is build a new admin team (of course with the admins we have now excluding the ones that will be leaving).

For example, we do have members here that are older, 16, 17, 18. Now I'm going to put it as simple as I can. I do apologize if I'm confusing, I often am. Now, what we could have is an admin team consisting of 6 members. Two of the ages 17 - 18 because they have a very mature (in other people's eyes too, I know that some younger people can be very mature but this is to stop discriminating) second, two older members; Registered in about 2010 who haven't left the site because they weren't interested anymore or without leaving a note as to why they left. Then two more members who are from 2011 and have a fresher view on the site. This way everyone balances each other out. You have the maturity people want and feel like they're lacking from the 17 - 18 year olds, the brake on the HUGE changes that are unnecessary from the older members and fresh ideas from the newer members.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am

I for one don't really get the advisory thing.

But to start off, this isn't because Angel did not do an amazing job describing her thoughts- she did a lot actually- and no, this isn't because I'm against Sno so I'm not hearing him out. I love Sno and the times he'd be poofy and old and wise at times. /shot

Well, it's because, honestly, the idea of an adviser really sounds closely to what an admin's job would be, minus some of the perks. And I know the site isn't that active, nor the plot is moving, but I could really see the effort placed by the admins too keep things intact. I don't think this type of 'government' is good at CHB. By adding these 'advisers', we'll have another set of group that people would want to be a part of and when they won't get into it, it'll be "the promotions complaints" all over again. Well, maybe it would happen, maybe it wouldn't, but then again, with this new group, what would be our basis of getting 'em? Because their technically old? Because they've been here longer than most? Or because we'd want to settle the feud of both sides heating up and breathing on our necks while people argue in pms and the members not having one clue that the site is slowly breaking down? /breathes

Look, I know I can't explain myself as well as Angel has, nor do I want to recheck that massive block of text I surprisingly managed, but the thing is, I just don't understand upon adding a new group to do what the admins are supposed to do. If Sno wants to do something productive, fine. Sno, I know you're just too shy, or too iffy to ask, but I know you'd want your position back to help right? Everyone, why don't we settle these differences and just start new?

I know, I know, "FORK BANANA SHUDDUP AND STAY OUT YOU'VE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND THINGS HAS CHANGED GET BACK TO THE THE PACIFIC YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING."

Well, I don't. I don't know what the crap is going on here.

But I do know I can't stand to see my friends, people I actually got to meet and like even though they're a bajillion miles away while these people I have near me are a bunch of boring teenagers with hormones.

Okay, getting off topic. Angel, I vote no.
~Banana
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 am

Like Banana has just said, I seriously have no clue what is going on. I honestly think that the admin team is doing fine without an advisor position. If another admin is needed, then just promote a mod to admin position, like Zelly. It would be too similar to a governmental process if they did indeed bring in an advisor, and I don't think that's the way forward. I particularly do not believe we need one, even if it does work for other sites. I know that I am relatively new and inexperienced when it comes to camp half blood, but I think the admins are doing fine without bringing this in. I trust the admins and their points of view, and if they think that this won't be good for us, then I trust and agree with them. Sorry.
So I voted no.
- Cerys
P.S. I love you Angel <3
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:06 pm

I have to go with Hawk on this one. The administration team is only human and they make mistakes. An advisor would be a good idea. The advisor would have to have the ability to make unbiased decisions, but he/she would be beneficial to everyone. They would help the admin make decisions, and help guide them on the right path to make the website better.

I'm not saying that the admin team isn't doing a good job, they are. But again, they're human, and it wouldn't hurt to have another person giving their input in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
dean
Experienced Poster

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah but the advisor would basically be an admin. So why make another admin and call them an advisor whilst you might as well promote a new admin?
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 pm

but they are not an admin, they are there to guide the admins, and help them make the best decisions for the wellbeing of the site. They are there to help the admins run this site.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Exactly. There really is no need for making a whole nother staff member for something we basically already have. I have voted no for the exact reason. In response to Hawk and Pip, yes, the admins are only human, but the Adviser would be as well. Everyone will make mistakes no and again. What will adding yet another specific position to the staff change for that?

The admins are doing their job quite well, and despite the rumors of how this site is doing as a whole, it's still running fantastically. I do not really like the idea of 'Democracy.' That doesn't always settle right with this site, even if it's the members who vote. We have a decent enough staff where problems can be resolved pretty fairly. I don't see the point of adding another adviser, when basically it is just another admin slot.

When Hawk says they are there to 'guide the admins' I basically just take it as the position to be just another admin. Others may agree or disagree. This adviser would probably end up being a promoted admin or mod, or maybe even an old admin or mod. But really, if you really think about it, it's just another admin, a member of the staff. They are there to help and guide people of the site because that's what we are. The admins and mods on this site are there to help guide members and help each other out as fellow members of the staff. It wont make a difference in my eyes, but that's just my opinion.

~Kat
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Personally, having multiple advisors derive the point of having admins. I think that after a while, even the advisors will make mistakes and slack off. It's part of human nature. The admins are fine as they are, and I don't want to change them. I've seen this subject being discussed on the cbox, and I feel that the way it's put out is really angering the admins. The way this idea is being suggested, it bashes on the admins, and honestly, I saw some pretty harsh things last night. I would've logged off and holed myself in a corner for a while.

Sno and Gaz are saying that the admins are 'hiding behind their blue name' and need to step up, etc. I know they mean well, but seriously. Be formal about it, and please don't bash on the admins for what they work so hard on, even though it may not seem like it.

I;d suggest you guys add another admin than you guys have planned. Someone who has a strong personality and will make everyone rethink everything. We don't need a new team of members just to advise, because the admins are capable of making their own decisions. Personally, I think that the admins are quite stressed and need a break from things. Of course, two are going to be taking a short hiatus and Snig's leaving. A new admin should be put in place because, well, we need the help. Also, AN advisor would be like having a leader, and honestly, that wouldn't be fair. At least let the members vote\nominate the advisor if you guys end up having one.

I'd prefer if the admins consulted the members and the mods before actually doing anything. That way, nobody could really protest, and the admins wouldn't seem like they're on a high horse. I think they're all doing pretty well as admins, and not everyone will be truly happy for our staff, but we can at least try to minimize it by asking the members for their input. Like what Angel did. It's better than keeping all the other members in the dark.

The admins could get a lot more done if they made more polls and asked the members what they want. They would save a lot of time discussing it and finalizing everything.

My opinion is to let the members be your advisors, after all, they're part of the site too.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Why dont we at least give this idea an opportunity to show us how it would work. We could instate a guide, and see how things pan out. If it works, then that would be great for our site. If it doesnt work, we get rid of it, and things go back to how they were before. If you guys dont even give it a try you will never know what might have happened, and the possibility of it helping our site will never have been available.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Getting rid of something like an advisor is tricky, I'm pretty sure it was cause more chaos than before. Of course, this is only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 pm

If it were not to work, the advisor would probably just sorta get rid of itself, possibly just blend into another admin. But I think it would be good to have someone that has lots of experience, that the new admins can talk to about different and beneficial ways to handle things.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 pm

But you'd have to choose the right person. Giving someone the power and then taking it away from them isn't going to be easy. Also, making them into admin just because it didn't work will probably cause chaos and drama among the members.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 pm

But you are never gonna know if you dont give it an opportunity, and it probably would work well if people werent so prideful to accept help when they meed it
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:30 pm

You just admitted that people are prideful. What makes a difference if they choose the wrong person? The possibility of choosing the right person is about 70%. Not everyone is fit for the job. There's pride, time, effort, and a bunch of other stuff that I could list if we placed someone into this position. I'm just saying that they should have another admin.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

There are a few people I know, would be great for this position.

So what your saying is that you would rather leave things the way they are, then have the possibility to make things better and more beneficial for the whole site?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 pm

No, I'm saying that we should ask the members or leave it as it is because it's perfectly fine. They are also promoting a few new admins because Sniggle and Angel are leaving soon. I'm saying that these new admins could see things differently.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:40 pm

These new admins would be why we need an advisor, someone to guide them, and help them along with any questions they would have about things. Its not an easy task being an admin, even more so for a site this big, with so many active members.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 pm

So why do you think and advisor would be unbiased or know what they're doing? It' not easy for the admins, but it wouldn't be easy for the advisor, either. Nothing is to say that they'd know what they're doing more than anyone else on the site. Nothing is to say that they'll consider the opinions of the members any more than staff. Nothing is to say that they'll actually be able to give the admins a shove, because we already give ourselves shoves. Do you notice how often we're in the chatbox telling eachother to go to the mod cave or leaders lounge? Part of the reason events take some time to plan out is because we try to get everyone in agreement. So we wait for all of or most staff to give their opinions. What makes you think that adding another person that we have to wait for to give opinion would make things better?

An honestly, maybe I'm biased as an admin, but before this whole advisor thing was unleashed, I thought it was doing pretty good. Obviously there are occasional skirmishes and slow activity but that isn't unusual for a site. I don't think what we have now is so bad.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Daemon wrote:
Since I have been a member for a long time and I have seen the ups and downs like Sno and Gaz, I have a different idea for the setup of the admin team. We always pick the older members because they have been here longer, but this made me notice that they like sticking to the old things, colours, logo and everything else. What I would like to suggest is build a new admin team (of course with the admins we have now excluding the ones that will be leaving).

I have had a vein of a thought of something similar to this which I will describe later in this post.

Cher wrote:
Sno and Gaz are saying that the admins are 'hiding behind their blue name' and need to step up, etc. I know they mean well, but seriously. Be formal about it, and please don't bash on the admins for what they work so hard on, even though it may not seem like it.

You chastise me for telling the Admin to stop hiding behind their blue names and to step up, you say this shows a lack of formality. Where in fact I have been respectful, polite, and understanding of the Admins throughout this entire thing, the one exception being last night where I called out Sniggle on the chatbox in response to a PM she had responded to Gaz in which I would classify as short sighted and hypocritical.

Had the respect and abruptness I had shown with the Admins been returned to myself or my friend I would not be writing this message and it would likely have blown over long ago. However this turned out not to be the case, and I was accused of being obnoxious and pushy where in fact I had told them that I was on a time schedule, with which I apologized for the eagerness I was displaying.

Since this turned out not to be the case, I was informed and rightly reacted upset to the accusation at which had been targeted me, Power-hungry, Arrogant, and a know it all. The exact words I responded with are this;
Snolanda wrote:
I would agree that I may seem power hungry, I would agree I may have a big ego, I would not agree that I'm out for personal gain. The fact that I came to the Admin team with a possible solution to the problem that the public had given them the "Almost gets nothing done" label, may seem "know it all-y" or "Superiority." It's not.

I did not ask to be nominated for leader, and I did not ask to be returned to the status of Admin-hood. I at the same time, did not deny either opportunity or position given the experiences I've had that many of you have not. That I am saying with superiority. I'm saying it that way because I have had knowledge given and learned that others would not have had. And I said that when we met on Shift. I made it very clear about the things I had learned, I also at the same time made it clear that I had come back to CHB to share these opinions with you, because I, like many of you, feel CHB as a home.

I don't care as much as you may think I do to become Admin again. I don't care to become leader. I said it to Zan, and Sniggle. I need to know what's going on before I start working. This will tell me when and where I need to dedicate my time to. Because if I do return to the Admin team, then I would do so, prepared, and ready to take the status of where Dan and Inan and Max had stood. That's not my ego talking. It's my personality and it's how I am. Dan proved himself to Zan back in the day by speaking smartly and professionally about topics he knew much about.

I do the same thing. I take on an official and educated sounding tone when I speak, I do this to keep my proffesionality and respect intact to all of those I deal with, and again, Dan, and Inan, and Max did the same thing. Am I ready to drop everything in RL to step up and be a powerhouse Admin that could boost the site into the heavens? No, no one is and if you think you are then I would encourage you to re-think your priorities. If Zan is ready to drop classes to stay on CHB. That's amazing, and wonderful. But the future and life needs to come before a website.

I told Zan the other night, I am going to make mistakes, I will screw up along the line and I accept that, and am at the same time, ready to learn from whichever mistake I make, take that into my persona and use it to better myself as a person. And again, it's what Inan did, and it's what Dan did. And if you would like me to fetch posts showing this I will.

The thing with the Leader is very confusing to me. It was agreed upon that this is something that would benefit CHB in the long run and something that should be implemented to better serve the site and community. Because contrary to the general opinion. The Admins, are not top dogs, they serve the public and they make mistakes. This Leader will not be a friendly position, the goal of a leader of advisor, is to give the Admin team a wake up pinch and get things moving, that may come down to literally telling them to get off their ass and to get some things done.

Do I want to be in that role? Hell no. I don't want to tell people that I love and respect to get moving. Do I also think I would do a good job of it? Yes I do. But that's because I understand myself, I understand how I work and I understand what would be a good course of action in the event something comes up. I draw off of experience.

It is almost insulting to me that Katie, someone who was driven away from the site that she considers a family just as much as I do, because of the choices she made as an Admin. It took her over a year of personal time to get to where she was, and it was reluctantly taken from us as we felt our home was no longer welcoming us.

Angel has no right to feel guilt and remorse over the things she said, because they were correct. I recognize and understand that. She showed incredible class and respect to others by apologizing for it anyways. In what way does that make her owing to me, for one, it was not me she was ranting at in the first place, and secondly, that was a year ago. Times change and people move on.

I have no superiority, I have no dominance over any of you. The only thing I bring to the table, is a massive amount of experience in running sites, dealing with the public, and talking calmly and knowledgeably about subjects that concern me.

Why this has become such a big deal is beyond me. I get things done, fast and timely. I would argue that the Admin "Team" has not been very effective, which is why in the first place, I came to the Admin team, as a whole, and suggested this to them, upon which you all agreed with and debated about the subject I had brought. Anyone could have done it, but it was me, acting off my own experiences that told me having an adviser or over-arching decision maker was the best route for all communities such as this one.

And yet, here you would sit reading this, criticizing me because of how I speak and how I act where I could almost pick apart the lacking areas the Admin team has displayed. But I don't, why? Because I don't believe that would accomplish anything positive nor would it at all provide any sort of jumping board for the Admin team to improve upon themselves.

I'm not speaking defensively, as I know many of you would read this script in a voice you would think as defensive, accusatory, and childish, where in fact I speak as many of those whom you yourselves look up to. Had this idea been pitched to Inan or Dan, I would nearly guarantee you they would not do as you have done. They stick to what they know how to do, they do their job timely and efficiently, and they keep true to their opinions. I have done nothing differently, and yet you accuse me of these negative things that are in themselves positives.

Power-hungry, no, I am experienced and I know it, I'm a very modest person which is why I bother not to explain this.

I do not seem like I know everything, quite the contrary I have admitted to all of you whom I have talked previously, apologizing profusely for the apparent bothering I have caused you all, that I am awaiting to hear of your decision as to what you all think is the best course of action. And that I was pushing you because I was slightly limited by time and I expressed only the slightest bit of pushiness by asking to have this wrapped up sooner rather than later.

I'm not arrogant. I display confidence in my actions, I do not second guess myself because there is no room to second guess yourself when you deal with a forum who has 2500+ members. To the public you display only that you have complete and udder confidence in the first decision you make. And if you can come back later and think "Okay, maybe this wasn't the best decision." Then you make another decision, and you display complete confidence in that. I consult with people I'm comfortable consulting with almost hourly about the goings on of everything I'm involved with, but I do the consulting with people who have no stake in the issue. It's a habit that has served me well, not only online but in real life. And I would urge you all to do the same thing.

I'll wrap up like I did the other night. I'm a 17 year old guy going into his senior year of highschool. I've had unique life experiences that almost no one has ever had before. I believe I've become a better person because of those experiences and many would agree with me.

I'm not power-hungry. I'm just a guy who gives enough of a **** about his family to come back for awhile and help where help is needed.

Love you all, no matter what you could possibly think of me.

Snow

I did not ask to be the leader or Admin. I was nominated by the one person whom you all wanted to do the same thing to. Did I decline? No I didn't. I did not decline because I knew with the places I've been, I would do a fine job if they so chose to act upon it. No one would have declined such an opportunity, and yet I did so for different reasons than arrogance and pride.

Yet again people would say that I'm being disrespectful and mean to the Admins, when however they're doing the best they can. I would respond with, if that's the best they can do then the site needs a smaller newer team of Admins who work, fast, and well. What you don't realize is for 3 years this site has been stuck in the time period of BotL. As I seem to recall I had proposed something like this shortly before I left but it never went past the planning stage and I guess it died somewhere.

Many members have called for a staff change or a staff wipe. Yet who would you allow to be an Admin? No, not me. Apparently if anyone voted for me I would be classified as power-hungry, arrogant, and too smart for my own good, which I could more or less say about many of those who currently reside. Yet I don't, because it simply would do no good except to anger those involved. Sniggle said it herself last night publicly on the chatbox. This was not a situation she could deal with calmly. She said and I quote "[04:54:25] @ Parzival : So in a nutshell the only personal capable of calmly dealing with things is gone"

This just blows my mind, because if you knew that you were incapable of calmly and level-headedly able to deal with this kind of situation, why would you get involved? Don't let your head get in the way of your decision making. What I did last night was no different then this,

Angel wrote:
Also, while we're here, admin. You guys really need to be active. I know that you have lives and I know that things are busy, but if that's the case promote someone who will be active. Because right now we only have one administrator that is getting online, and that's Zan. We. Need. More. Admin. Being a past one myself I am usually very understanding with this issue. I know that the admin position is stressful and sometimes you need to get away, but come on! I know, I know. Summer camp, family this, excuse that, but seriously! If you guys aren't going to be on we understand, but promote someone for Christ's sake! You guys are my friends, I care about all of you and you're a great admin team, but either wake up or get off your high horse and get some help! I'm sorry to word it that way and I'm sorry if it's disrespectful, but these members need at least three admin active or this site isn't going to be successful.

- Angel

Get off your high horse and start acting like Admins rather than the smart people you are who are allowing your head and emotions to get in the way of your decision making.

Am I confident that the Adviser suggestion will work? Of course I am. That does not, however, mean I'm going to ignore it if it fails. The proposal that Angel made, or as you so put it, the "calm admin" was for each party to give an inch. Keep me informed and see how it works out. If it does, great. If not, oh darn we can snap our fingers and get over the fact that it was absolutely no skin off anyone's back.

So what's the solution? What could we possibly do or try to fix any of this? Because in my mind, we still haven't recovered from the slope we've been going down since December of 2010. Here it is, give the site back to the three whom we all believe to be the greatest Admins to have passed through this forum.

I have Inan's e-mail. I've talked to Max. Dan's around, but he's been busy.

This is not a permanent solution. But if the Admins accuse me of being power-hungry and I defend myself with several cases of which I explicitly proved the opposite, then they should also have the maturity to be able to step back and allow those whom they have themselves said they would follow, to bring the site back up to where it used to be.

Because those of you who believe we're doing "Just fine" are used to the giant step down it's had. It used to be so much better, about time to bring it back there no?
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Sno, I'm curious, if we did instate you as 'Advisor,' and the staff and community disliked your position, would you step down without a huge hullabaloo? I mean, I personally think there is no room to try this unless you promise to do that. I know the title is 'Advisor,' but it is still pretty much a normal admin position. In my eyes, we're just polling for you to be an admin. Also, I'd like a written description of this position and what it entails from you, if you don't mind.

Also I'll write my long / possibly tiny opinion when I get on a computer. So don't finish the poll before then, okay?
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm

This huge hullabaloo is not because I want to be advisor, quite the contrary that I don't as I stated. It's because the admins have acted in a disrespectful manner. You don't accuse someone of being power-hungry, arrogant, and a know-it-all without sufficient proof.

I have no problem with reasoning so long as it's logical and founded with sufficient proof and backup, of which I have seen next to none.
But this kind of thing: The Third Party Screen11
Without the respect and integrity to talk to the person's face is ridiculous and I will treat it as such.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Okay, so it won't go behind your back, Sno. I just don't want to work with you. I don't think I could. Our opinions, as it already seems, clash and explode into fire.

I've got a question, though. If you aren't going to be the advisor, then who would you suggest be promoted to the position?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Third Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Party
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: