Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Third Party

Go down 
+22
Colby
Zan
sapphire
jessica
Nico
Sorella
Arichu
moon
Ninja Poet
jeromeof6
Gazimu
Katie Firebird
Sniggle
cher
Kat
Pip
welshy
Banana
dean
Prince Hawk
lara croft
Angel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is your decision?
I want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 3 I_vote_lcap51%The Third Party - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 22 ]
I don't want an advisor
The Third Party - Page 3 I_vote_lcap49%The Third Party - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The Third Party - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 pm

To clear up any confusion, it was originally proposed as a single member not a team. However the specifics and ramifications are always up for modification
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Ah, sorry for that. I guess there's going to be a lot of pressure on whoever that would be then, if it gets to be implemented.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Not targeting you specifically, nothing to be sorry for (:
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Quote :
but we, as long as I've been here, have NEVER had a say in admin.

So I guess you missed the part about two months ago where the site voted whether they wanted me as an admin or not.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 pm

And I guessed you missed the part about proving that you deserve the spot?

Understand, I have no personal issue with you Sniggle. I don't hate you, I don't think less of you, but I will debate every point you make and back it up. If you do the same, I'll do the same and it will keep going until either you win out, in which case I will admit you are correct in the issue at state and alter my viewpoint accordingly, which I am capable of doing. If I win out, I expect you to have the same courtesy and not accuse me of things I'm not. And certainly not laugh about me behind my back.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 pm

I agree with Saph. If we were to have legends become advisers, then should we maybe have a pair of people whom have helped the site in the past and want to keep doing so? I just think we should end this discussion soon, because feelings are getting hurt. Guys, this isn't mature at all (not that I'm one to talk...), we shouldn't be bickering like this.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 am

I actually suggested the legends thing the first night, but I don't think it was received well.

Maybe now that everyone is willing to give a little things will get better.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:12 am

I don't really see the Legends group becoming the Advisor team. While yeas, I do see the good idea, most of them aren't ever even online.

Also, I think it's a good idea to at least give the advisor idea a chance. What would the harm be in just trying the advisor out for a little bit? Before people send something out for the public to buy, they test it first. So we could do that way at the end of the trial, we could decide to keep the advisor or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 am

This site is falling apart.

Sno, Gaz, I'm sorry if I have offended you.

Angel, Nico, we love you and will take you back no matter what. I'm pretty sure of that.

I see how stressed Sniggle and Zan are... and I just want to make them feel better.

The admins were planning on chariot races, but they decided to wait for the new CLs to be voted on.

The admins may not be perfect, but honestly, I couldn't do a better job, so I practically worship them. Others may see it differently.

This site was made for RPing. Not for arguments. Not for stress. But for RPing.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 am

Apparently I proved I deserved the spot because I won the poll.

And I still do not wish to work with you BECAUSE we will both continue to fight. And then nothing gets accomplished. The hahahahhaa nope is in reference to me never being able to see it working. And the fact that I personally do not want to. And if you become adviser than I have to.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:04 am

You won the poll of if they thought you should be Admin, but the members didn't get to choose who to nominate for Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 am

So what you're telling me is, if a President wins an election, they earned the spot and it wasn't a public opinion vote?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I'm not. you're not supposed to like an Adviser. An Adviser would challenge you to prove your decisions and ideas. Okay Chariot Races awesome, what if the Adviser says a battle would be more beneficiary in the future? How would you prove your own opinion is true?

Nothing gets accomplished? Please. And how would you know any of this is true? How could you possibly depict how I act when you yourself said you voted no because you don't know me.

Keep your personal preferences out of what needs to be done. I've said it before and I've said it again. Business stays Business. Personal stays Personal. The old poker saying goes, at the table, we're mortal enemies, but when we walk away we're best of friends. Same thing applies. You don't have to like a person to work well with them.

You continually are missing the point. You don't have to do anything, you could ignore anything I say, what I will do though, is if you choose to do that, logically reason my side of said topic. If you can't do the same for yourself then you're making an effort to screw things up.

Quit making assumptions about me when you told me you weren't able to.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:25 am

So, after this poll is done we'll move on to one of the other two?

Righto! Can't wait. The Third Party - Page 3 4021420466
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:50 am

Again, I request for your personal description of the position, Sno. And, I want this to be finalized; you don't mean for you to take the position yourself? You plan for Inan, if he is willing? And, in the case that he declines, and the poll shows the want for one, who would do it instead?

Time for my personal opinion, I guess...

As it stands, I say no. We don't need an 'advisor,' or, 'head admin,' and never have. The staff team we had, before this whole ordeal began, worked well. Yes, maybe there was a lack of communication between them and the members, but how exactly would an advisor help that? It doesn't mean we need them. We just ask the admins to communicate more with members for important decisions.

Certainly, though I have never meet him, I would welcome Inan back as an admin. I've read his posts, and heard enough to know he is great. Any old admin, that has previously shown to remain calm in situations, work well, and is just generally good at the position, I would also welcome back, assuming they show those qualities. Now, I'm not saying they should automatically become admins should they come back. People change. Things in life change them. They need to prove themselves again.

... it's the same with you, Sno. If you became an option for this 'advisor,' I would still say no. I know that you are truly an extremely nice person, but reactions in the past and present have shown that I think you need to prove yourself to us again.

Lastly, don't you think members can be advisors? Just heighten the level of communication between the staff and the members, and start to promote the Suggestion Box more. We are all advisors, yo. This is a community site, no one owns it, and we should all work together for it and stuff.

Did what I just said make sense? I'm not sure, but I hope someone did..
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 am

Guys, guys. Stop it. Sno, we get your point. Advisers are to help make the site in motion. But voting alone has driven an entire topic into twisting things and arguments that I'd rather not see the things that would be brought out once these 'advisers' are granted.

/deep sigh

I'm not talking about my opinions here, or now. I know I've been gone to long to freak out with all the commotion, but I'm too far gone with my time zone and personal business to catch up. But so far, we're not getting anywhere with everyone of you arguing and denying every single thing anyone has to say. In PJO terms, we're not getting anywhere like the Olympians in the book. You know sometimes, it gets ironic right? The fights we once had a looong time ago going back to haunt us? It's pretty ironic too how every issue keeps on getting tossed around.

Okay, granting anyone listens, isn't these 'advisers' kinda supposed to be the members that are not on any sides of arguing parties? If ever they are passed, I don't think it would be easy to see people who'd set their difference aside and see for the benefit of all and not just his side. Besides, with everyone coming and going, it's hard to see a flawless person who'd keep up with times and create beautiful plots simultaneously. And if such person existed, why not cut the crap and just make him admin eh?

And seriously guys, why can't we just act mature and hear people out/ face them or our problems professionally?
~Banana
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:11 am

Up to this point, I have attempted to remain unbiased in this topic. I believe I praised and criticized both sides equally. I haven't even voted in the goddamn poll! But that's not only because I didn't want to choose, it's because I wanted the "You're both being stubborn can we all just come to a compromise where everyone gives an inch please?"

There isn't ever going to be a side where everyone is happy. There isn't ever going to be an option that everyone agrees upon, but I think a compromise would be best. Considering both sides of this crap are stubborn, and I say that in the most loving way possible, I see it as the only way to just end this thing.

We try out the advisor role. Would they be the "ruler of the site"? No, they wouldn't. Could they make mistakes? Yes they could. They're only human. We're not promoting Jesus, we're promoting a teenager. That's why I used the phrase "Try Out".
We promote someone to the role of advisor, where they'd simply give advice to the admin, offer, what they attempt to be, unbiased views on the happenings of the site, and they'd be the motivator when things slow down.
We try this idea out for a few weeks. Maybe it works out. Maybe we realize that this really helps the site and we become greater than we already are.
Or maybe we try it out and it completely fails. Maybe the opinions clash, maybe the advisor we choose isn't able to stay unbiased, whatever. It doesn't work out, we apologize to the person, and they humbly resign and things go back to normal.

We CAN NOT say what will happen unless we try. No one can predict the future. We can all give opinions on whether or not we want this, but we'll never know for sure unless we try.
And this whole brouhaha will never end unless we try.

Also, I never meant for this topic to turn into admin bashing. If you'll all notice, I PRAISED them in my first message! I think they're all very capable of their jobs. And Sno, yes. You don't see some of the things they do because they're admin. You don't see all of the things being planned because it's behind the scenes.
Could updates on what's being planned be posted more? Yes, probably. But they're still doing their jobs and they do them well.
They're freaking teenagers! Do you expect teenagers to be perfect? Cause if you do, when you become parents, you've got another thing coming to you. Teenagers are stupid. We're hot-headed, impulsive, and sometimes we're rude.
I hope you guys realize how many warnings they give you when you break rules. We're not a strict site.
And how do you repay them? At the first mistake they make you tell them they're not fit to do their job! Oh no, sorry. You people with guts tell them that. You others take to talking behind their backs and we admin find out by being PM'ed screenshots by someone who found the conversation!
We all make mistakes. Staff and members ALL make mistakes. Pointing out every single little thing that's done in a way that maybe you don't like will make you bitter.

As for who the test advisor should be... Sno, I think you're far too involved in this to be a good candidate anymore. I also think that you and the admin team will butt-heads.
This person that we choose to test out this idea will have to be someone that both the admin and the members can agree upon.
It has to be someone everyone trusts and someone everyone is willing to listen to.
If Inan is willing and has the time to come back, then I'm fine with that! Build him a statue or something! But I don't want this to be just another thing he has to deal with.
This person has to be willing. And I believe it has to be someone with fresh eyes.
Fresh eyes may mean a newer member. It may mean someone who hasn't been involved in this. It may be a Legend that has been away for a while.
Either way, they should be keeping their head down and out of this topic. Or they should be the person that's posting the "You're all being dumb" message. I haven't read everything here, but I'm sure someone has posted that message at some point in this topic.

This needs to end. This 50/50 debate is never going to go anywhere. Can't we just have a compromise? Test out the advisor. If it works, great. If it doesn't, boo-who, we tried.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:20 am

Angel wrote:

Test out the advisor. If it works, great. If it doesn't, boo-who, we tried.

thats what i said in the very beginning, but no one really listened to me.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I think we should just come to an agreement and try it out. I haven't read all the posts, but I'm pretty sure most of them are arguing with each other. So, can't we just stop with the controversy, and at least try it out.

I don't like seeing my fellow CHB members argue. In fact, I hate it. There could be a chance that this could improve the site and make it even more fun. That's what the Suggestion Box is for, right? Putting ideas you think would make the site better? Well, maybe it will and we'll never know because everyone is too busy arguing with each other!

Jessica
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Death, Runie, and Zelly all said both sides were acting badly. /applauds
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, if we try it and it works, out then great! If it doesn't work out, we can stop. If we never try it, we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Zelly wrote:
Again, I request for your personal description of the position, Sno. And, I want this to be finalized; you don't mean for you to take the position yourself? You plan for Inan, if he is willing? And, in the case that he declines, and the poll shows the want for one, who would do it instead?
My description of the Adviser has slightly changed since we all first convened, but, I would describe the Adviser as a member elected position. No current staff members are eligible to serve as adviser. This is because the member elected Adviser, gives the members a little influence on Staff decision, while still keeping the air of surprise and secrecy to possible updates. The Adviser is the voice of the people.

I don't mean to take the position unless others want me to do so. I said I wouldn't like to do such a job because I don't want to yell at the staff. Please understand that nothing I'm saying I say because I hate you as a person. I don't want to have to do anything I've done. Because frankly, I have lazy tendencies when I believe nothing needs to be done. But that's personal me, personal me, and me right now are two different things. When I'm in business mode, I'm debating a lot, I challenge your opinion, and I provide my own with backup. I've only expressed real me once since I've been back. That was when I excitedly exclaimed on the chatbox that I had found MasterMax and Inaniloquist. Yes, I would prefer Inan, Max, or Dan for this job.

I'm going to try this in a new fashion.

The first side's opinion is this;
This idea could work if tried. Justifying everything works fine now, does not mean it will work fine later. Some have said things are not fine now.

The second side's opinion is this;
We've been working well as a team, there is no point in changing things if they work fine now. Arguing over this only angers and splits the board in half.

The third side's opinion is this;
Both sides are only hurting feelings by arguing, this is up to the member decision.

Main points of the first side
  • If you haven't tried it, you can't know the outcome.
  • The Admin team has not displayed the standard expected

Main points of the second side
  • An Adviser would take away the team aspect of the Admins.
  • The team works fine as is.
  • By making a vote the site is split in two.

Main points of the third side
  • This is the member's site. They make the decision.
  • Arguing is merely hurting feelings and not accomplishing anything.

That's the overall view. I'm going to break it down to my view.

Addressing some of the points Angel brought up
Quote :
At the first mistake they make you tell them they're not fit to do their job! Oh no, sorry. You people with guts tell them that. You others take to talking behind their backs and we admin find out by being PM'ed screenshots by someone who found the conversation!

If this had been the first mistake along the line that would be very understandable. Consistently behaving as an Admin should not behave does qualify for such words. Yes, some people go talk behind their back, because, in your words, they're teenagers and not perfect. Not everyone is brave enough and has the qualities that would allow them to do what the ones "with guts" have done. This, does contradict an argument I made earlier to Sniggle, for which I apologize and admit I was wrong to do so for the reasons I did. If you read her response however, it was not for the reasons I thought it to be, instead it was for the reasons that resemble close-mindedness and effort to make things not work out.

Quote :

Also, I never meant for this topic to turn into admin bashing.
And yet, it turned both ways. Not two nights ago I heard about an incident in which the chatbox, Admins included, picked on, and abused Hawk.

Quote :

As for who the test advisor should be... Sno, I think you're far too involved in this to be a good candidate anymore. I also think that you and the admin team will butt-heads.

I would agree with you here, in the sense that I think the staff members hate me so much they would be unwilling to work with me. As I stated above, I would describe this Adviser as a member elected position, and so it is up to them to decide, as it gives them a little power in what is said and done.

Quote :
"You're both being stubborn can we all just come to a compromise where everyone gives an inch please?"

Which, I have agreed with, and many other members have suggested and agreed with this. I'm not so stubborn to realize when things will and will not work out. The problem that keeps appearing is the second side's point of, •Everything works fine now, no reason to change•

Quote :
We all make mistakes. Staff and members ALL make mistakes. Pointing out every single little thing that's done in a way that maybe you don't like will make you bitter.

Yes we do all make mistakes. I make many mistakes, I made a very recent mistake, and I apologized to Sniggle for it earlier in this post. Mistakes are acceptable, people understand mistakes will be made. It is a fine line when making mistakes turns into abuse. Any member, let alone a staff member, should know that it's not alright to pick on someone else. Regardless of the situation.

You all would seem to think I like to argue and make it as hard as possible for the Admin team. I don't like arguing. I don't like telling people I once considered friends the things I have said. I don't like making things hard for the Admin team.

I'm not going to sit for a site that's not as good as it could be. I'm not going to stay silent when I see something wrong. I'm not going to keep my opinion to myself when the topic could possibly change the site for the next few years to come.

Nothing I say should be taken as a personal offense. If I give you a suggestion to consider, it doesn't mean I think you suck at what you do, it means I think it could be easier, and more beneficial to listen to that suggestion.

Why the staff so clearly hates me is apparently up and over my head. I know you don't like being told how to do your job. I know you don't want anyone imposing and trying to change things you don't want changed.

That's life. And it's fine for you to think that way. But when I debate with someone, I expect them to provide solid evidence for the opposing side. Would I love to go with the third side? Yes I would, because it's logic is fair, it's compromise is more than fair, and the majority of people have agreed with it. But I also agree with the first side.

I do think the staff has formed a clique or several mini cliques. You have no idea how many people have came to me, and told me they're simply ignored, or it's too annoying to stay on the chatbox where whenever they try and have a different conversation, it gets over-run with something else.

That's all I have to say. This is the member's decision, and I believe it is theirs to have.

P.S. The most popular solution that I've heard, is to have a complete staff wipe.

I have no more to say.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Sno wrote:
P.S. The most popular solution that I've heard, is to have a complete staff wipe.

And who the hell said that?

If it's the last thing I do, I will not ever let that happen, Sno.
Ever.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Quote :
And yet, it turned both ways. Not two nights ago I heard about an incident in which the chatbox, Admins included, picked on, and abused Hawk.

Absolutely not. Hawk came in, multiple times bringing arguing into the chat, and every time we told him to stop, and that was us "abusing" him. Members were leaving the chat, disgusted, and finally we told him that if he continued with the fighting, we would kick him. With that he said he'd pm the two members who weren't staff. Fine.

I got a pm from one of the members. The member asked me to pm Hawk and tell him to stop messaging her, because she didn't want to be involved. I did, and Hawk told me it was none of my concern. He continued to pm her. Once again, I told him to stop. Once again, he told me it was none of my business and he and her would handle it themselves. Once again, I got a pm from her telling me that she didn't want to deal with it. This continued until finally, somehow the two of them settled it and she was left alone. Or, I would assume so, but I don't know because it's through pm.

He once again brought it into chat. We once again told him to stop. Once again, more members left. He told us we were ignoring him and didn't care about his opinion. False, we just don't need fighting in the chat.

Later, Hawk apologized, and everything was fine.

So no, Hawk was certainly not abused.

And as for a staff wipe, how would that work? You'd just put people who've never been staff into the staff? Or would you put yourself and Gaz into the positions, because you claim to have so much experience on other sites. Speaking of other sites, I recall you telling me that you before you return to chb and began this whole advisor thing, that you were once a highly respected mod of another site. You got into a fight with the leader and you were demoted. And then suddenly, out of the blue you return to chb telling us we should change how we run our site? I find that rather suspicious, and would be a fool not to.

Last edited by Parzival on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't remember anyone leaving chat. And you guys did DISRESPECT his opinion. I believe one of the rules here is to respect each other, staff respecting members included.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Jess. We always try our best to respect members. But when a member disrespects us? No. They no longer deserve that friendliness. And Cher left, Kenzie left and one other. I forget who.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Party   The Third Party - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Party
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next