Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) Empty
PostSubject: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) 06e1771a
Haven Felicia Manning
Hephaestus

sitting at the top of the hill, in the tall grass was Haven, waiting for Simon. She had changed into a fresh pair of clothes which consisted of her usual: jeans and tank top with a sweatshirt--which was actually new, being the fact she was new to the cold weather--and her old black vans. Nothing fancy. She didn't even know what Simon's plans were so she dressed for whatever.
Haven hoped she was getting to anxious, because she definitly seemed it. With her back against the tree, her ADHD acting up, she was shaking her leg and running her hand through her hair. Her anxiousness was probably the reason she got ready so fast. She didn't know if it was a good thing or not.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 am

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
Simon Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon didn't really hurry to the hill. From his experience, he knew that girls took some time to get ready. Scratch that, a lot of time to get ready. As such, Simon was taken by surprise when he saw a figure that closely resembled Haven leaning against one of the trees. Whoa, seriously? He rubbed his eyes and squinted again. It was really her.

Simon cleared his throat as he drew closer. He tugged on the ends of his orange hoodie--one of his favorite shirts. He looked natural, with his hoodie, jeans and pair of sneakers. Raking his hand through his hair, he flashed his biggest smile at her. "Hey, Beautiful," he started smoothly. "Going somewhere tonight?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 am

haven's heart started to beat a little faster when she saw Simon coming up the hill. She smiled at him, glad she hadn't been too early and it hadn't taken long for him to get there. She was relieved that their dress style was kinda a like, pretty much casual. It would have been weird if he had shown up in a black suit and she was sitting her in sneakers and jeans.
Haven had to stop being paranoid about this stuff.
"I don't know," She responded with a smile, "Depends on where you are taking me. You gotta remember, I'm a country gal." She rolled her eyes and stood up. Her face was still a little red from when he called her "Beautiful" like it always was.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 am

"'Course I do. Which is why I think it's a good idea for you to see the city lights," Simon said, gesturing to the lofty buildings in the horizon. The city was missing its bright colorful lights since it was only very early in the evening and the sun hadn't even fully set yet.

"We best be careful here," Simon said, winking at Haven. "Don't want the monsters to mess up your pretty face now, do we?"

With one swift movement, he stepped out of the camp's magical boundaries, meaning the monsters were free to attack him now if they so wished. It didn't seem like there were any unwanted creatures around, thankfully. Simon looked back at Haven with a smile, holding out his hand for her to take.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm

haven rolled her eyes at Simon thinking, There are more things that could wreck my 'pretty face.' That being a train that I happen to walk in front of because I'm that clueless. She stood up and shook her head, her own thoughts were clueless. Where are their trains in the city anyway?
Do subways count...?
Haven took Simon's hand hesitantly, taking a quick uneasy glance at it first, then quickly whiping the glance into a smile again, before he could see. She took a breath and stepped over the property line into the real world in which she hasn't been for a good few weeks. She was prepared to be attacked straight away by every monster in a mile radius. But nothing happened and she let out another sigh of relief.
"Okay." Haven sighed and gave Simon a questioning look. "You got me out here, how we getting to wherever we're going. The city." she waved her hand off towards the landscape.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:34 am

"Thought you'd never ask."

Simon tucked some strands of Haven's hair behind her ear. "Hey, what have we got here?" Smiling, he withdrew his hand and showed her the golden drachma in his fingers. It was an old magic trick he learned from his dad, and probably one of the most overused tricks in history. Chuckling, he tossed the drachma to the road.

"Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês," he said, and right before the drachma hit the ground, the coin disappeared in a puff of gray. Within the next split-second, a gray taxi seemingly appeared from out of nowhere. Fog billowed from under the magical car, clouding the ground with the gray smoke.

Simon grinned and turned to Haven. "May I present to you the fastest mode of transportation for demigods, the Gray Sisters' Taxi."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:39 am

haven had possitively no clue about what Simon was doing. He had pulled a gold coin, a drachma out of her ear, probably one of his Hecate tricks, or something he learned from a kids magician kit. Either way, what he did with it was what surprised her. Her todsed it into the street and before Haven could blink, a grey almost transparent taxi pulled up in front of them. Mist like smoke curled around the bottom of the car and came out across their feet.
"The Gray Sisters?" She swallowed. This was definitly going to be interesting. "They drive...a taxi?" That didn't sound very right. Weren't they like, well, The Gray Sisters? and they drive...a taxi cab. "Of course." Haven nodded. "Well what are we waiting for?" She tugged hum by the hand towards the car before she lost her confidence. This wouldn't be the most surprising thing she had experienced these past couple weeks...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:56 am

Simon bit back a laugh as Haven pulled him in the car. He expected her to be surprised--after all she had only been in camp for a short time. Simon stepped inside the car and eyed the black chains that were present instead of seatbelts. It was his first time to actually test this taxi, but he had heard a lot of rumors about it. As he helped Haven to the seat, his gaze lingered on the three old women near the front of the vehicle. The driver--Simon wasn't sure which of them she was because he didn't really pay attention to his camp classes--stepped on the accelerator. The vehicle gave a frightening lurch as it sped forward.

"Central Park!" Simon tried to yell, but he wasn't sure if the Gray Sisters heard him because they had started to bicker among themselves. Something about an eye and a tooth, but he couldn't figure out what. Managing a weak grin, Simon turned to Haven with an apologetic face. "They know what they're doing," he said in an attempt to reassure her. Actually it sounded like Simon was trying to reassure himself.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:15 am

the gray sisters did not like agreeing with each other. Havn figured thos out about five seconds into the ride when they started to bicker and a tooth went flying through one another's grasp. Haven had no idea what she had beeb expecting but it definitely hadn't been this. This was apsolute chaos. Their poor driving didn't help.
"This is the best transportation for demigods?" Haven almost had to yell. The car took a sharp turn and she slid harshly into Simon and muttered a mangled apology. She hadn't really noticed that their hands were still clasped together, Haven probably gripping a bit tighter than needed. Her eyes wandered the car for a moment and she was able to focus a bit on the chain seat belts. No way was she using those. With her luck they wont come undone and she'll be stuck in this car forever.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:31 am

Simon waved off her Haven's apology when she slid into him. He was just grateful that it wasn't he who slid into her. He did seem like he was heavier than her. Chuckling nervously, Simon doubled his grip on her hand, as if clinging on to dear life. "I said fastest," he corrected her. "Doesn't really mean the be--OOF."

The taxi seemed to have come to a sudden stop and Simon's face slammed on the seat in front of him. Fighting the urge to throw up, he straightened himself up and chanced a look out the window. Yep, they were in Central Park alright. He quickly pushed the door open before the taxi moved. "There we go," he said as he started to help Haven out of the car. "Sorry 'bout that. Hailing a normal taxi cab wasn't an option."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:44 am

haven gasped as they stopped suddenly. Lucky for her she had been actually holding onto the hand of the door which gave her more balence and capability to hold her ground. Simon wasn't that lucky. He went face first into the seat in front of them. Haven felt like she was going to hurl but her only thought was, That would probably not be attractive and would be utterly disturbing.
Haven climbed out of the taxi with Simon and as soon as they were out it drove away, the sosters bickering the whole way. Haven looked at Simon, a slightlt annoyed look on her face. The other part of her was trying not to laugh. "That sure was something." She laughed, not being able to hold it in.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:23 am

Simon laughed in spite of himself. Haven didn't seem to be too mad. That was a relief. He took in the fresh air around him and saw that they were already in Central Park. The Gray Sisters had a good sense of direction after all, despite their... weirdness. Ruffling his hair with his free hand, he took a few moments to admire the natural scenery. The park looked just how he remembered it. It almost made him feel like a normal mortal again.

"Have you been here before?" he asked, turning to look at Haven's reaction. Simon grinned. "Doesn't look like it's in a city with all the trees, does it?"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:34 am

haven, just getting over the rise they just experienced, looked around her at the trees. It definitly looked more like the place she remembered as home but it didn't smell or sound like it. It was entirely different, but just a bit familiar. She shook her head none the less.
"I've never been here," Haven told Simon letting her gaze rest on his again. "Before a couple months ago I had never been out of the state of Texas, barely my town. I found my way to camp by wandering. I didn't set foot into the big city part of New York." Until now, that is.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:32 am

"Well, all the more reason for surprises then." Simon led Haven inside the park. Grass covered almost very inch of the ground and huge trees surrounded the small clearing they were in. During a normal day, children played all around the area and families set up picnics. Couples were not an unusual sight here, what with the romantic setting the park provided. As it was nearing nighttime, Simon noticed the small number of playing kids and the growing number of dating teenagers.

"The best place in New York, in my opinion," he declared. The park reminded him of nature and it was about the only place in New York that did. Turning to Haven, he smiled a crooked grin. "Hopefully there won't be many snakes or any other hungry predators hiding in those trees," he said teasingly with a small wink.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:59 pm

the night was drawing much closer and Haven had a sudden anxiousness to see the lights of the city, like Simon had mentioned before. Of course she always preferred much quieter places especially out in the country away form busy streets and chaos, she thought maybe this could be an adventure. She didn't know much about Central Park but it seemed to be a favorite hang out for teens; for teens that were especially couples. The thought made her sigh, and she took her eyes away from the people and swaying trees and looked at Simon.
"How about we forget about all the monsters for a bit," Haven told him with a slight smile. "That's kinda the last thing I want to think about during my first sneak out." Does camp have a curfue? she thought. Will Shane take roll call or something and she'll end up not being there? At the moment, the thoughts wandered her mind but really, she was wondering more about what the city had to offer. What's life without a little rebellion? Going with the flow was what Haven did best. Maybe it was time to step out of line.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Simon could see that Haven was getting a little bit anxious despite the smile she gave him. Well, he guessed it was rather expected, seeing that being outside put the two demigods at risk for more monster attacks. He hoped none of the monsters would come after them or something. Besides, demigods snuck out loads of times and some of them hadn't even encountered any creature from Greek mythology. "Anything for you, Beautiful," Simon said in the same teasing tone as before, knowing that being called that was one of Haven's weaknesses.

He looked back at Central Park and grinned. "Don't worry. I'll take you out when it's dark enough. Can't see much of the city lights when it's still this bright," he explained simply, noting Haven's little excitement at being in the busy part of New York. "For the meantime, we will stay here and make lovey-dovey faces at each other," he added, laughing.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm

haven couldn't really tell if Simon had been serious or not. She had turned to him abruptly, her cheeks turned a roset pink again, and he calling her 'Beautiful' again did not help it. He knew how to get to her. If only Haven could figure that put with him. How could she set Simon into a blushing fit? It probably wasn't very possible with him being a guy and guys blushing over innovent things doesn't happen often. Still, Haven went with the flow and took Simon's laughter as a signal to laugh as well. It was just a joke.
"Umm, I think not," she told him, squinting as if actually thinking it over. "Leave that open for all the other star-crossed lovers in the park." Haven had positively no clue if she use that term right, but it sounded pretty relevent and clrrect so she went with it.
She probably sounded like a clueless idiot in Simon's point of view.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:31 am

Simon looked at Haven with raised eyebrows. Was she taking his comment seriously? Huh, that wasn't something he expected. He must have been more honest-looking than he'd thought.

With his signature grin plastered on to his face, he led her to a vacant spot on the grass-covered ground and gestured for her to sit down. He sat, cross-legged as he looked up at the skies. It was tinged with orange now, seeing that the sun was starting to set. Twilight would be upon them within minutes. It looked to him like they weren't going to spend a lot of time in Central Park, due to his promise of taking Haven out to see the bright lights of the city, but that didn't mean that he was going to completely waste this time.

"Do you find it odd how we've already kissed twice, and yet I don't know much about you except for your name and godly parent?" Simon started to ask, a smile playing on his lips as he turned to the daughter of Hephaestus.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:42 am

odd? no. spontaneous? yes. Haven didn't mind mot knowing much about him. If they started talking about themselves it could lead to talking abou their pasta and that's the last thing she wanted to bring up. Sitting down next to Simon seemed like an accepted invitation. She probably wasn't going to get out of this one no matter how hard she tried. But it never hurt to do so.
"Well, maybe not so odd," Haven told him with a soft smile, although her eyes never met his. She was looking at the ground and picking at the grass. "It's not all that bad. I mean, what do we really need to know about each other?" She laughed a bit but it came out a bit more nervous than anything else and she instantly cursed her self out in her head, trying not to cause a scene with all this.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:56 am

Simon shrugged, laughing along with her. "Good point. I mean, I already know that you're beautiful and I think I'm cool-looking, so I think we'll just leave it at that," he said in a light manner, ruffling his hair with his hand.

Simon soon saw a couple of young girls walking around the park holding hands and laughing. A stray thought found its way into his mind and he didn't hesitate in voicing it out. "Have you ever wondered," he began with a rather questioning voice, "why it's no big deal when two girls hold hands, but when two guys hold hands, it's kinda... weird? Like, 'Dude, why are you holding my hand? Stop that, it looks weird.'" Okay, it was a random thought. Simon's thoughts were pretty much random from the get-go anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:14 am

haven let out a soft sigh of relief at what Simon said. She was able to put it off for now, hopefully for a long time, but it probably wouldn't last. Whatever this was, it probably wouldn't last long enough fot Haven to actually work up some courage to talk. There would always be someone pretty, smarter, and more talented than her. She was just enjoying the time she had with Simon while it last because she really liked him.
"I don't know," she said watching the girls. "Girls are more like, well, we express ourselves in bigger ways I guess. Guys can be more, for lack of a batter word, uptigt about their feelings and stupid things like holding hands. Holding hands could mean a lot of things for a girl, I guess. A lot more than a guy sees it." It was really only an assumption. Haveb has limited experience with hand holding...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:33 am

Simon was a little surprised at the answer. Maybe girls were just over-thinking things? He did get that feeling sometimes. Anyhow, it was nice to hear a girl's side on the matter.

"Interesting," he mused. Who knew that holding hands meant a lot? Simon just did it because the girls seemed to like it. Ah well, no use thinking too much about that, because some hot blonde chick just walked by Simon's line of sight. Okay, he wasn't supposed to look but... Hey, he was a teenager with hormones. His eyes followed her until the girl was out of sight, and it was only then that he snapped back to reality.

Gods, he had to stop doing that. No wonder he couldn't hold a relationship. He shifted slightly on his seat, hoping Haven didn't notice that little-slip-up. He was slightly out of words too, and bands of sweat started to form on his temple.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:50 am

haven caught simon's gaze that was directed at the girl walking by them. The simple action made Haven feel a bit uncomfortable, she didn't know how to react to that. She had no idea where the two of them stood there was no point in saying something that she would only regret. Haven had no clue how handle this kind of thing. She had apsolutely no experience with this but she still had this ofd feeling in her stomach. She didn't know what it was, but she really didn't like it.
"But, um, don't take it from me," she told him as she pulled her legs up and sat cross legged on the seat. "I have no experience with this kind of thing. You're better off with asking a child of Aphrodite." Haven shrugged starting to pick at the lose strings on her ripped pants. She still remembered how she got the whole in her jeana and she was sure if she looked hard enough she'd find some dried blood.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

Simon looked at her with wide eyes. "No experience? Really? I would've thought... I mean, a girl like you..." he trailed off, taken aback in surprise. He didn't want her to overdose on his compliments, but he just couldn't help it. It was somewhat hard-wired in his brain, making girls feel nice about themselves. Too bad he couldn't help but look when he sees some gorgeous chick walk by either. He had known from experience that it didn't help when he was with other girls, but... it just seemed like he couldn't do anything about it.

"Well... About time you had your experience then," Simon said, winking at her. Okay, what just made him say that? Yep, his brain can be quite weird at times. Scratch that, his brain was always weird.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:25 am

haven didn't look up again. She stayed staring at the ground her jeans, her sneakers, the trees, anything. She couldn't look back to Simon, especially after what he just said. It made her stomach do summersaults and she had no idea how to react. How was she supposed to respond to that without bursting into hysterics over her past and how she didn't deserve anyone, especially someone like Simon? Someone as great and kind as Simon.
Maybe she should leave while she still could. Leave the city forget the lights and head back to camp. Or maybe even head back to Texas where she could just continue her miserable little life as if nothing happened.
But Haven didn't want to leave. Despite everything she loved hanging out with Simon. She loved camp and she loved the experiences she's had there, even if they weren't all great.
"I can't respond to that," she said, letting out a short nervous laugh again. "I can't say anything to that without making a fool of myself or making you think less of me or making me think less of me." And you're probably just doing all this to be nice to me. It means nothing, doesn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next