Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] Not a Date, Not a Date

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[Private] Not a Date, Not a Date Empty
PostSubject: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Ace Ashfield

Shuffling his feet nervously, Ace dried his hands on his jeans for the third time as he waited outside the Nyx cabin. Scowling at something off in the distance, he shook his head and crossed his arms. "Alright, Ace," He said to himself, forcing himself to stop fiddling with the hem of his shirt and pacing. In light of the fact that his Camp Half-Blood t-shirt might get him a few strange looks outside the borders of camp, he had swapped it for a white t-shirt and navy blue sweater and jeans and scuffed, plain sneakers like usual.

"Just calm down, man, it's not even a date." He said, lowering his voice to a murmur. Ace then took on a bewildered expression. "Is it?" He asked himself confusedly. Staring at the door to the cabin for a while, he ran the conversation through his head once again before he shook his head vehemently. "No, no, not a date, not a date," He chanted to himself, brushing his foot over the grass near him. "Just calm down, it's just hanging out." He muttered before realizing that he was talking to himself quite a lot and probably looked really crazy. Zipping his mouth shut, he glanced briefly at his watch and waited for Colby to come out.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

[Private] Not a Date, Not a Date Coolte23

&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-^-
"so what if i care"

Moving through her bedroom in a small rush she looked around for her other shoe, now wearing one black tom she found her other and slipped it on her foot before padding through her cabin to the front door. She checked herself making she had everything she needed as in, a few dollors in mortal money and her pocket knight, night dancer. Taking a breath she opened the door to her cabin was meet with the sight of Ace looking nearly paniced outside the door. She greeted him with a calm, "Hey." before moving out the doorway and shutting it behind her.

Colby wore a simple orange tee shirt that was built to look baggy and tied in a knot at the side hip while showing her base neck line and tops of her shoulders but not at all low cut. Some dark washed jeans adored her slim legs and black toms rode her feet. Also unusally her nails were painted orange like her shirt. Finally her long hair had been cut shorter to be just about her lower shoulder blades but it would grow quickly so not that it mattered she just figured it she be cut soon. She scaned him once and nodded with approvel. "Looks like you've gotten some sleep." She mocked lightly.

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Ace Ashfield

"Hey, Fiser." Ace greeted, clearing his throat in a discrete way when his voice cracked near the end of her name. His eyes brightened at the mention of sleep, dark circles having visibly faded since the last time he had talked to her. "Actually, I have, quite a bit of it." He said, mussing his hair and looking at Colby for a moment before jerking his head in the direction of the parking lot. Starting to walk, he shoved his hands in his pockets and snuck a glimpse at Colby out of the corner of his eye.

"So, you look... nice." He said, scratching his head. Looking at her more carefully, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you cut your hair?" He asked, squinting his eyes a little bit. He paused once they reached the parking lot and then strode over to a corner where a small, sleek black car stood. It looked rather new, although his mother had bought it for him three years ago. Ace had little to no use for a car, only using it on the rare occasion that he needed a ride somewhere. It was gathering dust in the camp parking lot. Turning to Colby, he raised an eyebrow. "Do you happen to actually have a real, legitimate driving license?" He asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:05 pm

"so what if i care"

Acknowledging his words with a small smile she fiddled with her nails. His reply caused her to chuckle shortly before rolling her eyes. "Good. I'd hate for you to dose off during the movie." She said before turning on her heel and walking towards the parking lot with him. She walked about a foot and a half from him once looking up at his face frowning for a second and the height difference. She had turned back around when he commented on her apperence she looked at him from the side with a amused grin. "Does that mean I look good, or that I am appropreatly dressed?" Her tone was playful and his next question was anwsered in a simple nod. Running her fingers through her shorter hair she dropped her fiddling hands to her side. "It'll grow back out soon enough."

She studied the car for a moment. Her collective gaze raked over the car before a very wild grin took hold of her features. "How fast does it go?" Then her attention went back to Ace with a scoff. "Oh. I actually need one of those?" She asked inncocently before turning back to the car. She knew she was probably getting a disapproving or shocked look even though not facing him any longer she spoke lightly."Of course I have a lincense, Ashfield."

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Ace Ashfield

Ace snorted. "Probably will anyway. What movie are we watching again?" He asked, scratching his head. "And appropriately dressed, of course, what else could I mean." He said innocently before grinning wickedly and snaking an arm around Colby in order to pull her a little closer. Who was he kidding? Of course it was a date, what else would it be? He was starting to think that he had a tendency for denial. That was a funny thought. He wondered when that tendency had started.

Rolling his eyes when she asked how fast it went, he smiled in spite of himself. "fast enough to speed away from the cops." He answered, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze and then striding over to the shotgun door and opening it for it. Running a hand through his hair, he gave her a slightly apologetic smile. "I'd rather not die on the first date, however, so if you let me drive tonight I will be eternally grateful." He said with a grin and a regal arm gesture to the shotgun seat. "How about I let you endanger our lives some other time?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

((DON'T LET HER DRIVE, ACE! SHE'LL KILL YO- oh, sorry. i'll stop topic-stalking now. ;'D))
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 pm

"so what if i care"

Colby just rolled her eyes good naturedly. "I was thinking Wrath of the Titans because either it's going to be funny how wrong it is, or impressive how close it is." She explained quickly while mulling it over in her head. Fighting her smile at his arm she felt comfortable around him so it didn't bother her at all, in facts she enjoyed it.

She smiled as he opened the door for her, a soft smirk made his way across her lips. "Oh yay." She said softly before frowning just alittle. She sighed and looked up at him for a moment. "Fine, but I will hold you to it." She smirked and winked quickly before sitting herself in the car she crossed her legs and tapped her knee. Not able to keep herself still for long she bit at her bottom lip.

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?

((No you won't Zan, You will just try to keep your comments to yourself and stalk ahead))
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Ace Ashfield

Ace made a somewhat thoughtful face. "Wrath of the Titans. Hm. I'll probably be laughing the entire time." He said, grinning. "I hear it's pretty bad, but movies that are pretty bad are usually pretty funny too." He added, rolling his shoulders. He didn't honestly care which movie they were going to watch, he wasn't particularly picky. Thinking of the movies reminded him of how occasionally he and his family would all go and see some nice family movie - Jack would usually fall asleep and Ace couldn't help but laugh to himself at the memory.

Ace wasn't really much of a movie geek. He was found one thing to pass his time and devoted himself to it entirely and movies just never really called to him. The things never really stuck though, he didn't know why. Considering the fact that he was quite a bit of a creature of habit, the fact that he couldn't keep one constant hobby struck him as pretty odd. He normally didn't switch things very often. Maybe he was just looking for something that was just his thing, something that was just right.

Sighing in a sort of 'What have I gotten myself into?' way, Ace smiled and shook his head as he closed the door after she got in. He circled the car and opened the door and slid into the driver's seat. A momentary feeling of sudden panic came over him as he searched his pocket looking for his keys - where had he put them after unlocking the car? He released his breath when he remembered that he was holding them in his hand and tried to play it off as if nothing had happened, although a small tremor shook his hand when he reached to turn the key in the ignition. "Fair warning, if you criticize my driving, I will only go slower," He said, grinning wryly at Colby before checking his mirrors and shifted the car into reverse as he backed out of the parking spot.

(( lololol I know nothing about driving so just bear with me. :'D

ALSO, CAR SMALL CHAT TIME OHYES. ))
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

"so what if i care"

Smiling she replied a small, "Makes it all the better." She was just egar to get out, Colby wasn't a real moviegoer. In fact she only went a few times, and it's been awhile since she last went. She didn't much care for any media, she liked it she just didn't really put it to be to very important to her.

As Ace slipped into the car she noticed his small frantic behavior. She rolled her eyes in her head, not annoyed but as something would doubt happening. His comment was quickly anwsered to, "If I compliment them will you drive faster?" One more cheeky comment from the green eyed girl. Said girl looked outside the window looking for something different but everything was the same. Trees, bushes, roads same things thats been her past nine years and you know, she was fine with that. It was familer. She shook herself out of the transe and turned to look at Ace.

"What's the oddest thing you've ever done at camp and why?" Her question was good for a converstion starter and honestly, mostly out of her curiousty. She looked down at her arm and frowned slightly at the new scar, was to bad just another cut turned into a scar. She did have a problem with treating cuts however in fact she hated cuts, any other injury was fine and she could deal with. Looking back up she waited for his response whilst tapping on her leg, not able to sit still.

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Ace Ashfield

"Well," He frowned, glancing at her as he drove past the camp boundaries. "Now I won't." He said, wiping away the thin layer of dust on the dashboard clock. He clucked his tongue and squinted as he tried to decipher the numbers on the screen. "Movie's at seven, right? We should be able to get there at least twenty minutes before it starts." Ace muttered, running his free hand through his hair as he stopped for a traffic light. He looked over at Colby for a moment before turning the radio on and flipping to a classic rock station.

Ace gave her a look when she asked him what the oddest thing he had done at camp was. "Sorry, I think you mistook me for someone who had a social life." He said with a deadpan expression before he cracked a smile and shook his head. "Alright, alright. I guess... I don't know, when I first got to camp - I was..." He wracked his brain, trying to remember how old he had been. "I was about 13 or so, I think. Anyway, when I first got to camp, I almost... joined a cult?" He said, his face remaining straight as he talked. "Some sort of semi-large group of exclusively oddball campers." He informed her as he signaled and then turned into the quicker-moving lane beside them.

"I thought it was a pretty normal group of friends at first, but the initiation was really... strange, so I avoided them from then on." He said, furrowing his eyebrows. "I don't really remember what they wanted me to do exactly, but I think it had something to do with silly string and me jumping in the lake naked and fashioning some sort of outfit out of seaweed. But I was all like, 'Jump in the lake naked? Oh, heck no! There's naiads and nature in there and I'll get cold because usually naked people are cold.' And then booked it." He told her before raising an eyebrow at her.

"So, what's the strangest thing you've ever done at camp?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

"so what if i care"

Watching him head on she laughed softly at the comment about the speed, "Disappointing." She said with a hint of playfulness. Turning her attention to the radio she listened closely to the radio trying to dispatcher the song. Unable to completely recall it she just tapped along to the drum beat. "I like your car, It took me a while to decide on what I have."

She shrugged. "You do have one. Your going out tonight right" She reached into her pocket to look for something to chew on, she found a rattling case of sour ice breakers. When Ace brought up the 'oddball cult' she raked her brain for that, since attending camp since she was nine so she was pretty familier with most things that happens. Not able to fully recall she just listened quitly paying full attention to his words.

"Oh wow. That's actually a good one." Leaning back agaist the car she thought about it for a moment. Her mind lost in thought exciling some and narrowing it down. "Ok so a few years ago? Maybe just two.. Yeah anyways I was up about 2 in the morning in the mess hall and this guy came in and he was upset about something so we talked for a little bit and then found out he and his girl friend or something had some issue so to chear him up we started dancing. Like getting on the table and rocking out with air guitars and singing some gun&roses song. It was one of the oddest things I've done. It was fun though." She told her story putting just a little humor into it.

Looking back out the window she watched the other cars blur by. Her face broke into another grin. "Are you ticklish and what do you find unattrative?"

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:35 am

Ace Ashfield

Ace wrinkled his nose and smiled. "Yeah, I like it too. My mom picked it out for me, but I'm alright with that because I don't really care and she knows better than me." He said, scratching his head. He knew most people would make fun of him for having something that his mommy picked out for him, but he could honestly care less. If he didn't really care what he had, and his mother knew what was good and what wasn't, why shouldn't he let her get him something? He laughed when Colby said that he had one. "Oh yeah, because going out for one night totally counts as a social life." He said, grinning at her. "S'okay, I have long ago come to terms with the fact that I usually prefer to be by myself." He said.

Pausing when the song changed, he made a face and when they came to the next stoplight, he took the In The Aeroplane Over The Sea album from the pocket in his door and popped it in the CD player instead. His finger tapped the wheel as the King of Carrot Flowers came on and he listened as Colby told her story. "Seems like something you would do. It does sound... fun." He commented. When he heard her next question, he cringed and squirmed a little bit in his seat. "... No, I'm not ticklish." He answered, eye twitching slightly. He hurried on to his next answer.

"I... I don't really know. I don't even really like most people in general, so I guess I find a lot of things unattractive. Irresponsibility, lack of self-confidence or faith in their own abilities, when people don't listen to other people... I don't know, I just don't like most people, I think most people suck a lot." He said, running a hand through his hair in a flustered way. "I mean, I know that I suck too, but with most people... I guess they don't make me want to not suck. You know what I mean? I just haven't really met that many people who make me want to be different." He replied, shrugging and adjusting his shirt.

Clearing his throat, he glanced at her. "You ask the most random questions." He stated.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:37 am

"so what if i care"

Colby smiled as he talked about his mother. And she should want a good parent figure to be very caring for her but she liked feeling in charge and really she had never had a good parenting figure for herself she wouldn't know enough to miss it. But she always felt just a little longing for it. She shrugged, "We'll see." with an ominius joking tone.

She watched his reaction to the question testing his reaction to his statement and finding it supicious but before she had the chance to comment he started talking again. Now completely fouced on his new anwser she would just let it go for now. She could understand that. Irresponsibility was one of the things she absolutely could not stand. His energy was fouced on how much people in genarl suck. She agree'd with him in her head but would comment until he had finished. "I understand completely," She started but to lighten the mood of the ranting she stated. "and I'll keep my eyes open for a nice motavational speaker." The glint in her eyes brought out the joking side of her.

Even though she wasn't driving she keep the road in her line of vision anyways. At his statement her attention was wholely on the road, "Yeah I do, but it sure kills time wouldn't you agree?" She shruged looking out the window. A smirk on her face knowing her next comment would be dismissed. "Or I could tell you my past and bore you with that until we arrived."

"so what if i don't"

Don't you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date   [Private] Not a Date, Not a Date I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] Not a Date, Not a Date
Page 1 of 1