Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 pm

haven sat at the table, her eyes shielded by one hand as the other one started to pick at the fabric of her jeans. Marcie, of all the people that had to come to New York this particular day, it had to be Marcie. What was se even doing up there anyway? Surely it wasn't to snack on New York French Fries. Whatever her reason for being there, Haven didn't really want to find out, as she just simply kept her head down and hoped for the best.

The girl laughed at what Simon said, probably a little too much. Despite her distance, Haven could hear Marcie laughing and her familiar voice seemed to be able tocarry its way all the way to Haven. It wasn't one of the most reasureing sounds. "Yeah, looks like," She said, her accent thick like Haven's, although Marcie's was more exaggerated, as if she were trying to impress people with it. "So what's a fine guy like you doing at a McDonalds in New York City, all alone?"

There was no way Haven was going to stand up for herself this time. Angela had been someone different. She hadn't been someone who had tormented her since childhood. Marcie on the other hand, had done exactly that. Haven had come North to escape all of that. It didn't seem that it worked being that Marcie was here right now, flirting with Haven's boyfriend...saying that was still going to take some getting use to.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:50 pm

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 Simon-150x150
Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

It didn't take a genius to know where this was going. Apparently that girl hadn't seen Haven with him earlier. And her accent... it reminded him of her as well. Okay, actually Haven's was better, he thought, since this girl seemed to have a habit of exaggerating her tone that it sounded a little unnatural. Speaking of Haven, he threw her another quick glance and noticed her covering part of her eyes. Simon grew a little worried. Keeping his grin up, he chuckled good-naturedly and turned back to the girl.

"No, actually I'm here with my girlfriend," he corrected her. He must play his words right, because this girl looked like another Angela and that wasn't good news. "How about you? Surely a pretty lady like you doesn't wander in alone in a place like this?"

Listening to his own words made him think hard. Dang, was he already crossing the line and flirting with her? Simon got more anxious now. He had gotten so used to it that he didn't even realize if he was. He swallowed thickly. This is bad.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 am

haven had really hoped that Simon would have refrained from gesturing in her general direction. The last thing she had needed was to be noticed by the one girl who always seemed to be able to do just that. Haven made a thought of trying to run for it. The door was far away but there were enough people in the store where she could simply just make her way around them and out the exit. Maybe Simon would notice, maybe not. Being alone on the streets, however, was not her top option.

Marcie's eyes flicked to Haven, following Simon's gaze and Haven slipped deeper into her chair wishin it would open up and make her disappear. Marcie's eyes only hovered for a small moment before Simon started talking again when her eyes snapped back to his, her smile shining and cocky. "Oh, my daddy is the proud new owner of the car dealership down the street. I'm from Texas. We wanted achange of scenery." She stuck out her hand to shake his as she said, "I'm Marcie by the way, and I'm sure you could do better." Her eyes flicked in Haven's direction before returning to Simon's and producing another wink.

Haven didn't like the way she was taking to him. Hell, she didn't like the way he was talking to her. Bolting for the exit was becoming a bigger and better possibility by the moment.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon's smile faded a little when Marcie told him he could do better. It was a kind of comment that he didn't want to hear. It was an insult, he thought, to both him and his girlfriend. Did Marcie think that Simon wasn't smart enough to... pick his girlfriend (for lack of better terms)? And more importantly, what was it about Haven that made Marcie think that she wasn't good enough? Hell, if he could shout it to the whole population of McDonald's, he'd gladly say that Haven was an epically awesome girl. But, judging from the way she sank down in her seat, Simon thought that she didn't want any more attention than what Marcie was giving her now.

"I'm Simon. Nice to meet ya," he introduced himself, purely out of politeness. He paused a little before adding, "And I already count myself lucky to be with her. I don't see the need to look for someone better... if such a person exists," he said with a louder voice.

He was probably pushing it with his vague remarks and increasing volume, but Marcie had insulted Haven. He wasn't going to let her off easily for that.

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

haven looked up finally to the two of them, surprised with the way Simon defended her. She still wasn't sure if Marcie knew who she was yet but Haven figured it wasn't really long until she would find out. Watching the two of them, Marcie seemed a little taken back, although her smile was still there. She let her hands fall to her sides, and rolled her eyes.

"Just wait, hun." Marcie said and tapped her hand on Simon's shoulder as if it were a casual gesture. Behind them the people in line were seeming to get restless. "You're up," she pointed at the line and how they had been talking long enough and Simon had been next. She turned him away from her, towards the counter and gave him another pat on the back. She slipped a ten dollar bill into his hand. "Order me something, will you?" Her voice was sweet yet piercingly threatening. She wasn't going to be put down without a fight.

Marcie turned herself open to the resturant, her eyes looking for the blond she had spotted for a split second before, surprised to see who had taken her place; or just had always been there in the first place. There was nothing hiding the more than surprised expression Marcie wore when she saw Haven in the booth. It almost made Haven feel better, but the spark of confidence died yet again as Marcie made her way over to the booth and plopped down in the seat across from Haven.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Her voice, now so close to Haven, was sickening to her stomach. It brough back nothing but horrible memories. She was keeping a hished tone, probably hoping toget whatever she had to say out before Simon came over. "There is no way you--of all people--could end up with a guy like that, Haven Manning. It just, like, defys the laws of physics."

"You talk to much for someone who failed Physics." Haven muttered, taken back by the courage that just took hold of her, making her speak up. By the look in Marcie's eye it seemed she hadn't been expecting the retort. Suddenly, however, a thought must have occured to the drama queen, as her eyes lit up in the same way they always did as if one of her master plans were about ti unravel.

"He has no idea who you are, doesn't he?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon was stunned to silence the moment Marcie slipped a ten-dollar bill into his hand and it took him a few moments to recover. As he ordered, he tried to look where Marcie had gone, only to assume that she went straight for Haven. His eyes widened. Oh, no. Gods, can they speed up with his order already? Didn't they know how bad a girls' fight can get if left alone for long periods of time?

Several minutes later he squeezed through the line with a tray of three Big Mac meals. Dread coursed through him when he realized that he was right in his guess. Swallowing thickly, he quickly made his way towards the two girls. As he drew closer, he noticed how they seemed so familiar with each other. Simon gulped--this was getting worse by the second. He had just stepped in the hearing range when what Marcie said confused him. What? Was Haven some sort of alien in disguise from outer space? Oh, she got inside the camp boundaries, so that couldn't be it.

"Oh, you know each other?" he said as he came into a stop in front of their table, smiling even if his inner mind was becoming a little doubtful. Setting the tray down and slipping back the ten bucks Marcie gave him, he sat down next to Haven while watching Marcie with wary eyes. He wasn't exactly the type to let girls pay, and however bad Marcie would turn out to be, she was still a girl.

Simon slipped his hand into Haven's and gave her a small squeeze of reassurance. It looked like she needed all the help she can get in that department. His stomach grumbled a little, reminding him why they were here in the first place.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving," he exclaimed as he popped a French fry in his mouth.

Simon was fighting the urge to ask what Marcie had meant with her previous words, but he decided that it wasn't the best thing to do. Better if he pretended he hadn't heard, he thought. It would probably give her an excuse to shame Haven. Besides, he can always ask Haven later... maybe. But a look at Marcie's face told him that she didn't seem like the person who will drop that easily. He just hoped he was wrong.

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

haven silently took her meal off of the tray and had a quick taste of a fry, hoping the taste would help take her mind away from the restaurant, but it was to no prevail. Nothing could pull her out of the nightmare she ha been hopiqng to never come true. Whatever was going to come out of Marcie's mouth, it wasn't going to be very pleasent or something Haven actually wanted to listen to, but she couldn't really help but listen. Simon had slid into the booth next to her. Her only ways out were to push him out, or climb over or under the table. None of which she wanted to do for they would probably draw even more attention to herself.

Even with Simon's hand locked in her own, the warm feeling it normally brough wasn't there. Marcie's cold hard stare was too over powering for that. She did however, squeeze his hand right back for what it had been worth. Maybe it would send a bit of a better feeling through her. Maybe it could help Haven know that she wasn't alone. That is, she wasn't going to be, unless Marcie some how got her way. Whch she always did one way or another.

Marcie seemed to look pleased that Simon hadn't shown much evidence of over hearing their conversation. She pocketed the money he had given back to her, eyeing how close Simon seemed to sit next to Haven as if it were him sitting next to Medusa herself. "Oh yeah. Haven and I go way back." She told Simon as if the two of them had been old buddies. "When did we meet? It was first grade wasn't it? Oh that's right. It was the same day your mother blew up that school bus." Marcie drew out a fake shudder. Haven had no menory of her mother blowing anything up but the lab a couple times. Whatever Marcie had been saying was stretching the truth, not a complete lie. Although, Haven couldn't bring herself to speak up. She just sat there and nibbled on a fry, waiting for Marcie to just come out and day it. "So how much do you really know about your girlfriend, Simon?" She used the word 'girfriend' like it was an insult. She flicked her gaze to Haven for a moment before returning to Simon.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon couldn't stop his eyes widening in time and he almost choked on his burger. What Marcie said seemed to be the last thing he expected. There was a higher chance of him believing that Haven came from outer space. Stealing a glance at Haven, he waited for her to deny it, but the girl remained silent. It was enough to tell him what he needed to know, and frankly it wasn't something he liked. But that didn't give him a reason to be all negative.

"Sweet! All my dad can blow up is a balloon," he said after swallowing, chuckling a little to lighten up the situation. "Or maybe a stack of cards too. I haven't seen a lot of his shows..." he trailed off in deep thoughts, as if remembering his father's magic tricks.

He managed to grin in an attempt to make it less serious. That blowing-up-a-school-bus thought did bother him, but he decided to put it in the back of his mind for the meantime. For now, it was Operation: Protect Girlfriend. Whatever Marcie would say here, he can talk with Haven later in private. He was actually a little amazed of himself with his decisions. Dang, Simon, you've got skill.

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 am

leave it to simon to try and make the beat of a situation. The slightest hint of a smile formed on Haven's face but it disappeared again the second she saw Marcie's glare again. There was no private territory here was there? Marcie knew almost everything there was to know about Haven because she had always been able to find out anything she wanted to know. Everything she was ashamed of or nervous about from her past was all there in Marcie's mind and she was just itching for a way to let everyone know who didn't already. Haven could tell.

"That's so cute," Marcie said with a confident laugh, like she she this wasn't going to last much longer. There wasn't anyone stopping her. Haven sure wouldn't and Simon probably didn't see it coming. "But you're not getting the point."

"Marcie," Haven interrupted, her voice was small and insecure. "Can you just, stop this , now?" She didn't sound very convincing or confident about how she was talking but it was worth a shot.

"Don't even start, Haven. Doesn't your boyfriend have a right to know about your past?" She was talking to her like Simon wasn't evn there. She spoke with no feeling in her voice or pity or regret. It was like her life goal to make Haven's life miserable. Marcie rolled her eyes and finally turned back to Simon, acknowledging him again. "Like I said. You don't know her." Her emphasis on each word was chilling and made Haven want to tun away again. The whole reason why she left her home town was to get away from this torturous tainting.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon kept up a smile during the whole facade, hiding the mixed emotions bubbling inside him. He didn't even try to make sense of what he was really feeling because it was all so confusing. He still held Haven's hand in his and he didn't have any plans on letting it go for some time. Giving her another reassuring squeeze, Simon took a huge bite of his burger as he weighed his next words.

"Well..." he trailed off, still in deep thought. He was actually getting a little scared of the fact that this would turn out even nastier. However, it was his personal loyalty that helped him overcome that little fear. He had to defend Haven from Marcie. He wouldn't allow any of his friends and especially his girlfriend to get hurt, even if it meant that he was going to take the blow for them.

"I'm not a CSI agent who's obsessed with background checks and stuff," he finally said, still grinning at Marcie. "But whether or not I know her or her past is our business alone." As he spoke, he didn't even raise his voice and he talked as if it was just about the weather or some other common thing. It wasn't because he was scared of doing that, but Simon lacked Marcie's intimidating tone because it simply wasn't in his nature to threaten people. He stole an anxious glance in Haven's direction, hoping that all this would end soon. Especially with Angela's confrontation earlier, who knew how she was holding up against these taunts?

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:34 pm

haven's eyes wandered to Simon's when he squeezed her hand again. He really was unfazed by all of this? He didn't think any of this was just a little, well, odd? He was sticking up for her like he wasn't even curious. It surprised Haven, but Marcie didn't seem to be very happy about it. She shifted in her seat, weary about how she wasn't breaking through with all of this. She wasn't getting the response she wanted, which bothered her, Haven could see it in her eyes that were studying Simon, trying to figure out what was so odd about him. It probably surprised her that his reaction wasn't what she was expecting. Marcie didn't call the shots anymore.

Sadly, however, she didn't give up on tormenting Haven. If she couldn't change Simon's mind about her through truth, she could still bug Haven into feeling even worse. The look that Marcie gave Haven told her that this seemingly wasn't over. "So what are you doing up here anyway, Haven?" she asked, her voice sounding sharp and narrowed straight to Haven, like it was only them again. "When I heard you ran away, I didn't blame you. I mean, who would want to stay in a place like that? It must have been hell for you."

Haven looked up, her eyes narrowed on Marcie in a subtle glare. Like she would know what hell was like when she basically made Haven's life just that all on her own. Forget about who she lived with. "You wouldn't know what hell was if it slapped you in the face." Haven couldn't believe how calm Simon was being with this. He must have had some sort of curiosity relating to what this could all have been about.

"You've gotta wake up Haven." Marcie said impatiently, taking one of her fries from her meal and popped it into her mouth casually before making somewhat of a disgusted face. New York fries must have tasted different that Texas'. Haven didn't find a difference. "You really didn't think that you could hide secrets from everyone forever, did you? Some how people are bound to firgure things out."

Haven opened her mouth to say something but couldn't bring herself to speak. She had actually thought just that. She thought that if people didn't know who she was that everything would be smooth sailing from there on out. It seemed to look like she had been wrong.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon was trying to piece all the clues together in his mind while listening to the girls' conversation. It seemed that Haven had run away from home and her mother liked blowing up school buses. Huh, crazy woman. Maybe she was a terrorist or something? Then it was no surprise that Haven ran away. Just the thought of living with a terrorist sent chills down his spine.

Finishing up the last bits of burger in his hand, it took him a few moments to realize that an awkward silence had already taken over the booth. He cleared his throat, just for the heck of making some sound to break the eerie quiet. Having not been too attentive to the conversation, he really didn't know what to say. A small part of his mind wanted to ask some questions about Haven's past but with Marcie around, he wasn't sure if it would be a good idea.

"We go to a cool summer camp," Simon suddenly blurted out, remembering Marcie's earlier question. His answer was probably somewhat late, but maybe it would work to divert the topic, which he made a mental note to discuss with Haven later. "Oh! Some people occasionally blow things up in there too."

He grinned, before realizing that what he said might cause Marcie to doubt his sanity. Ah, whatever. A lot of people already thought he was somewhat weird... somewhat.

((My posts are crap, sorry. I haven't had my daily dose of inspiration lately))
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

haven sighed lightly, and Simon a quick sideways glance. Although that wasn't the best thing to say right then, in Haven's mind, it was true, and most of the time those explosions came from her own cabin. How ironic wasn't it? That her own cabin reflected her mother so much. It must have been why Hephaestus had decided to get together with her mom for whatever amount of time that was. It was only after Haven was actually born did her mother really lose her mind.

"Oh, that's so sweet," Marcie said acidly, picking up her burger and fries. "You know what they say. Like mother like daughter." She slid out of her side of the booth, eyeing Simon with a skeptic look, as if she were trying to figure him out. He was very odd in his own way and that may have surprised Marcie in more ways then one. "I've gotta run anyway. I'm going to go shopping. I'll need a whole new wardrobe for New York. It seems to me, Haven, that you have yet to change your style." she tore her eyes through Haven's clothing. Haven couldn't help but look away and try to ignore it. "Y'all definitely have some things to talk about, so I'll just be on my way." And Marcie left, strutting her way through the restaurant and out the doors.

Haven couldn't bring her eyes to look up to Simon. She slumped down a bit more in her seat, picking her way through her food, barely touching it, no longer having much interest in it. Simon was bound to have dozens of questions that Haven was in no mood to answer. But there was nothing stopping her from doing so. She wasn't going to lie to him. She hadn't actually done so from the start anyway. She had just...left out the details that was all.

-It's alright. Your posts are still ten times better than mine :c -
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Managing a small smile and a half-wave at Marcie, Simon popped two fries in his mouth and chewed slowly. It looked like he was buying some time, but he wasn't sure why. Was he waiting for something? An explanation, perhaps? He wasn't totally sure if Haven was going to start storytelling soon. With Marcie gone, there was no stopping him from voicing out his concerns. Perhaps Haven needed a little nudge to get her started? Still aware that he was holding Haven's hand, he propped his elbow up on the table with his face leaning on his free hand.

"Hey, I thought you were hungry," Simon said. His eyes swept over the rest of Haven's untouched food. Huh, she sure lost her appetite due to that little exchange. He could still remember how hungry she was when they left the hospital and now, it looked like her hunger was long forgotten. It was amazing how words seemed to have a huge effect on people. They even had the potential to cause more pain than physical wounds. Sighing softly to himself, Simon let his mind wander back to the encounter with Marcie, reminding him of his curiosity.

"So... is your mother a terrorist?" he asked quietly so that no one else but Haven could hear. The words slipped out of his mouth before he could stop himself. With his lips curled up in a smile, he thought maybe that gesture would be enough to encourage her to open up. Or maybe the silly opening question would. Either way, Simon was determined to get an answer out of her right now. After all, it was better to hear it coming from Haven, whatever really happened to her, instead of getting it from some unknown source where the truth can so easily be warped into strings of lies.

((What are you talking about? Your posts are epic!))
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am

biting her lip, haven shrugged, not really knowing how to respond to Simon's first question. She must have just lost her appetite, which was not really a first for her, but it was surprising. She hadn't eaten much since the day before. She should have been stuffing her face with all the fries she could find. But at the moment that wasn't happening. She didn't know what to say to him. It seemed that she had to come clean sooner or later because he was already asking questions and she was too scared to answer them because she didn't know what he would think.

"I guess I'm just not hungry anymore." Haven said simply. His second question made her eyes narrow though. A terrorist was the last thing her mother would be. She may share some certain aspects that people may mistake her as a terrorist but that didn't mean she was one. Haven had certainly never thought of her as one. "And no, my mom isn't a terrorist." she took in a deep breath and looked at Simon unevenly. "But she's a bit insane."

-They're still better than mine LOOK^ No Muse! Dx-
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon barely suppressed a gulp when Haven narrowed her eyes at his direction. It looked like the terrorist thing might have rubbed her the wrong way. Resigning to awkwardly scratching the back of his head, he met Haven's gaze and smiled at her a little. He didn't know what it felt like to have a crazy mother--though honestly, maybe Hecate was a little crazy but that was beside the point--so he was, for a rare time in his life, out of words to say. Was Haven looking for consolation? It didn't look like it, and Simon was afraid to try anything he was unsure of in fear that it would set her off.

Wondering what was the right thing to say, Simon stilled and played with the burger box in front of him. What exactly was the best response to someone telling you that she had a mentally unstable parent? He couldn't help but think that it would be easier to reply if Haven's mother was dead. That he can handle talking about. His own thoughts surprised him. Did he just think that Haven's mom was better off dead? What the Styx was happening to him? Thank the gods Haven couldn't read minds. Steering himself away from these morbid waters, Simon settled on returning Haven's gaze with his own. Maybe he could just stay as quiet as a mouse for the next few moments. The silence that followed was enough to drive him crazy a few seconds later, however.

Taking a deep sigh, Simon chuckled and looked down on the remaining crumbs in his box. "I honestly don't know what to say to that," he admitted, keeping his eyes trained on the table. "Whoa, the feeling's so bizarre, being speechless," he mused thoughtfully, managing to look up at Haven with a warm smile still playing on his lips. "Not something I want to get used to, actually."

((I might take a little longer to reply than usual. School's just started xD))
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 pm

haven was just waiting for Simon to just get up and leave. She expected nothing less and nothing more from him the more he came to really know about her mom and where she had spent the last fifteen years of her life. Not many people would have stayed there and listened. They would have been too spooked out. Their imaginations would take off and they would think up the most bizarre things that they come to believe. Haven had no doubt thoughts like that were running through Simon's mind right then, but she tried not to think about it.

Haven felt the tiniest bit uncomfortable as the silence droned on again. She had never really been in a situation like this. She had always lived in a place where everyone knew who she was. She had never really had to explain it, so in a way, they both felt out of place and caught up in something so unfamiliar. Haven made a point of not returning his warm smile. This wasn't exactly a light topic for her and she had obviously been trying to keep a secret for a while. In the first few weeks she had been at camp she had done precisely that. But when push comes to shove and old "friends" pop up, there was no hiding the fact that Haven wasn't being entirely truthful.

"Forget being speechless," She murmured, looking up into his eyes. "I would have thought to see you have stood up and gone by now." Haven paused, finally releasing her hand from his and clasping both her hands together between her knees. She closed her eyes and looked away. "My mom had done worse things then destroying a bus."

-don't worry about it! I totally get it! (: -
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon looked rather bewildered. Haven expected him to leave? Was she for real? Before he could voice that thought out, he felt the sudden warmth slip away from his hand and saw that Haven had turned away. Watching her for a few moments, he clasped his hands together on the table and absently played with his fingers. Nervously chuckling when Haven hinted at how... crazy her mother was, Simon juggled the jumbled up words in his mind in an effort to string a sentence together.

"Well, thank the gods she's all the way south," he said. Well, it was true in a sense. It struck him a few moments later that what he said might be taken the wrong way. "Er... I don't need to meet her just yet... right..? I mean, if I need to ask her blessing to date her daughter I'll just pray to your dad..." he added slowly, appearing scared in the prospect of meeting his girlfriend's parent. Not because she was crazy (though that was also a factor), but he knew how it was like to be introduced to your girlfriend's folks. It was the father he needed to worry about in most cases, but this time he thought that Haven's mom was more terrifying than Hephaestus. Not that he was going to say that out loud.

Simon sighed, looking down on his fingers as Haven wouldn't meet his gaze. "You're not your mom, y'know."

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 pm

haven could understand how Simon was trying to make light out of the situation. It maybe wasn't as much to take in as Haven would have though but it must have sure been something to comprehend. There wasn't much Haven could really say in response to what he said about meeting her parents. Really, she didn't want to say anything in response in fear she would just be digging herself into a much deeper hole that she would have a lot of trouble getting out of. Not to mention she really didn't know her way back to camp without looking it up and she doubted "Camp Half Blood" was in the phone book.

What he said after that though caught her off guard. "You're not your mom." That made Haven look back up at Simon, her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. She knew that. She had known that he entire life. She just had to live with her mother for so long, she was just used to most of it. Until, that is, that one particular day when it all just blew up for her and she left. Haven didn't know what he had meant by that, so she simply asked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She mumbled picking a fry from the obscured pile in front of her and popping it into her mouth. Liking the taste and finally getting back her appetite, she ate another and then another, hating herself for being so awkward.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:18 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Raising his eyebrows at Haven's question, Simon turned to look at her only to see that she was munching on her fries. He fought back a few chuckles as he watched her eat. Well, at least it looked like things were going back to normal. That, or Haven had just succumbed to her hunger. Clearing his throat, Simon drummed his fingers on the table as he had already eaten every last bit of his meal.

"Well... you said you thought I was gonna leave," he said slowly, his eyes on her fries instead of her face. "So I assumed that you thought I'd be thinking you'll have some... blowing-up tendencies like your mom and then I'm going to stay away from you to be safe." He paused, listening to himself and frowning. "Hm... I don't think I'm making any sense."

Frustrated at himself for not being clear enough, Simon huffed and fiddled aimlessly with his empty burger box. Come on, Simon, you can phrase your sentences better than that. Try to make it so that people will understand what you're saying, y'know? a voice in the back of his mind chided. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm not going to leave you just because your mom is a bit unstable. You're not getting rid of me that easily, Beautiful."

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

haven started to find that he fries had gotten cold but had soon come not to care. As Simon had spoken she had ended up finishing the container of fries, leaving her burger still in front of her. She felt sort of bad that Simon payed for it and she wasn't really in the mood to eat it anymore. Having the fries seemed to be enough at that point. He appetite may have come back but her eyes still didn't meet his.

Listening to what he told her, Haven felt as if she wanted to get up and leave. Wandering into another Cyclopes' layer seemed to be a much better option then talking right now, but there was no way for her to avoid it. She couldn't even think of an excuse to get out of it.

"My mom is a freak, Simon," she told him hastily, thinking about how odd it had been that there had been absolutely no one who had come to accept who her mother was until now. "That doesn't bother you at all? It doesn't make you think any less of me that I'm the daughter of some psycho path, because let me tell you, there has been no one until now that would even say 'Hi' to me once they knew about my family. And let's just throw the fact that my dad is some sort of god in there. That just makes everything so much better doesn't it?"

Haven knew that calling Simon out like that wasn't very right of her to do. He was only trying to help and she was snapping at him telling him that everything he was saying was wrong when it wasn't. She should be thanking him for sticking by her side and not caring about how there had been no one who had ever told her she was beautiful or kind or made her feel normal. This was all new to her, and maybe she just didn't know how to handle it.

"I'm sorry." Haven mumbled. She propped one of her elbows onto the table and buried her face in her hand. "I'm not being grateful at all. You're too nice to me and it's just...I don't know...weird, I guess."

-sorry for not posting all weekend. I had been a bit busy :/
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon sighed, trying to keep his cool. It wasn't like he got mad easily, but Haven was being a little persistent. Didn't he just make it clear to her that he wasn't leaving anytime soon? Heck, it almost sounded like she wanted him to leave by bringing up all these things. Almost.

"For starters... Hi. There, now someone who knows about your family has said 'hi' to you." He managed to smile lightly at that, but somehow it was starting to look a little forced. Just a little. You wouldn't notice if you don't look close enough. "Now, some interesting fact about me. I don't care about my friends' family backgrounds. Especially girlfriends'. I hung out with a guy whose parents were drug dealers once. He was a pretty cool dude, if I may say so myself," he reminisced with a slight nod before getting back to the topic at hand. "Look, I'm not leaving you even if your mom was a terrorist from outer space."

Simon watched her bury her face in her hand. Taking a deep breath, he reached out to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear. "So let me ask you something..." He withdrew his hand and paused for dramatic effect. When he spoke again, he couldn't help but grin widely.

"Are you still up to finishing your burger? I don't mind a second one."

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

haven sighed lightly, her hand traveling to where Simon's hand had been only seconds before. She looked up finally, gazing at him next to her, wondering why she was cursed with having to wait so long for someone to come along who actually liked her for who she was. She couldn't have asked for a better person than Simon to first really have this discussion with. At least he was trying to lighten up the subject with humor. At least he was making her smile.

And maybe he was right. Maybe she needed to just lighten up all together and forget about what other people thought of her and why they thought of her that way. She was in a new place now where there were more people like her with weird parents. She went to a camp where all the kids were descendants of Greek gods. If that wasn't crazy, than there is no telling what really was. Most of the kids there had to be at least a little insane to even believe half of this stuff. She was still trying to let it all sink in anyway.

Letting out a short laugh, Haven slid the burger over to in front of Simon. "No, you can have it." She said smiling. "I think I lost my appetite anyway." She cleared her throat slightly. Maybe that little visit from Marcie was a good thing. Haven was feeling a bit better already, being able to get that off her chest finally.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Glad to hear her laugh and see the smile on Haven's face, Simon graciously accepted the burger and took a huge bite out of it. Swallowing quickly, he opened his mouth to speak but only managed to cough for being too excited to eat. "*cough* T-Thanks!" he choked out, grinning all the while. Taking a gulp of water to relieve himself, Simon continued, "You are an epic girlfriend for letting me have this little piece of heaven." He held the burger up slightly for emphasis before biting into it again.

Simon didn't know if he totally convinced Haven with the argument and so continued to watch her face for signs of denial. Was the subject finished? He didn't entirely think so. If Haven had to live through all that crap of being shunned because of her mother, it would certainly take some time for her to truly get over it all. Maybe it was impossible too, because there were always those wounds which never seemed to heal. But then, at least it looked to him that he was guiding her to the right track. He just hoped that Haven wouldn't get sick of his humorous ways to a serious conversation.

"Hm..." h said, putting on a thinking face. "I should buy you burgers often. Then both of us we'll never starve!" Another bite and swallow. "Great idea, no?"

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:56 pm

maybe she was over it already, maybe she wasn't. Haven didn't really know where she stood with the situation, but she sure did feel better about it, there was no denying that and she was glad for it. She needed to lighten up about the subject anyway and realize that it wasn't her fault that her mother was they way she was, Haven shouldn't have to suffer for any of that, correct? It seemed she had been for years, but was that all really changing now? Was everything surely and truly turning out the way she had hoped for years?

Haven pursed her lips. This has to be some kind of trick. Just go with it for a while and see what happens...

Haven really looked at Simon now, the corners of her lips twitched up into a small smile and she bit her lips. Her dark eyes met his as she wondered how many more times they actually would be coming into the city for burgers. It was weird having him call her his girlfriend, even if she had claimed that that was what she was first. It was a new feeling, one that made her skin warm and her stomach turn. "It sounds like a plan," She told him with a big smile.

-Sorry I haven't been on! Dx I have been busy the past few days. *i'malwaysbusynow!*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next