Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:12 am

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 Simon-150x150
Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Grinning as he finished up, Simon swallowed the last bits of Haven's burger. "Excellent!"

He pushed the now empty tray away from him and patted his full belly. It had been an eventful day, he thought with a smile, from waking up in the hospital to the encounter with Marcie. Hot words were exchanged, some stories shared, but at the end of the day, it only made them stronger. Haven, most of all. He could see that her smile wasn't at all forced now. The mere fact made him feel at peace.

His hand found its way back to hers, holding it tightly. He had been afraid that this was where their storyline would end, given the circumstances, but he was thankful that it had only been the very first chapter. It was just the start, and Simon prayed to the gods that he wouldn't live long enough to see the end.

((It's cool. owob Pardon the post; my muse is missing))
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm

haven sighed and rested her head against Simon's shoulder. She squeezed his hand as it found its way into hers again. She liked the familiar feeling as it just came back to her. Haven was just able to relax, especially right then. It was a big change, particularly after what just happened. She smiled at the empty tray in front of them, thinking that it was it, basically they were done. It was time to go back to camp. She had to restrain from groaning at the thought.

It was a funny thing. Just a day ago she had been so nervous just to set a foot outside the boundaries of camp. Now she didn't want to set foot back in it. She had been having fun with Simon in the city, even if most of the time they weren't really "having a good time." They had a run in with a cyclopes and two girls that made both their lives hell for an hour or so. But Haven looked past that and remembered the great laughs they had in between.

"Do we have to go back?" she muttered still gazing at the empty tray like it was some sort of evil. Maybe she should have eaten the fries much slower.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon's arm snaked its way around her shoulder, almost out of reflex when she leaned against him. He settled on absently playing with Haven's delicate fingers, wondering why on earth they looked so... delicate. It was a random thought, joining all other weird thoughts swirling around in his head. Haven's question snapped him out of it, giving him something to mull over for a while.

"To be honest, I completely forgot about camp for a moment there. Do you want to? I don't mind either way. You want to explore a little more? Or we can stay here and keep on abusing McDonald's hospitality, if you want." His voice had dropped to a whisper as he laughed lightly, waiting for her decision.

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 am

haven scrunched her face up in disgust, but fighting a smile. She didn't really like the thought of just staying at McDonalds for the time being, let alone the rest of the day. Not only did it just have an odd feeling, especially since Marcie had left, it just didn't seem like a place you would hang out in for a couple hours just talking. Maybe in a different kind of restaurant, but not a fast food one.

Laughing lightly, Haven shook her head. "Nah, let's get out of here before a monster picks up our lingering sent." She bit her lips nervously. "We do not need another run in with any creature that is out for demigod blood." Her voice was in a soft whisper but she added the tiniest bit of sarcasm in there, just to lighten the subject. Who knew when the closest creature might find a time to pounce. "Where to then, otherwise? Surely we aren't taking another certain gray cab."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon snapped his fingers and shook his head as he scooted out of the booth. "Darn, and I was thinking of that too," he said ruefully, complete with a dramatic sigh. Then he grinned widely, giving a courteous bow before offering his arm up for Haven to take like what he did lots of times before. "Weeell... you want to go to the mall?" he asked with a slight shrug. "Random idea. But still, malls are fun!"

((Muse died, big time D:))
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 am

haven raised her eyebrows at Simon in complete doubt of his first comment. He couldn't be serious. There was no way that she was getting back in that cab, no way, now how. Still looking at him funny, she scooted out of the booth and took his arm on the way out. Seeing his smile, though, made her smile right back again, forgetting about the cab for the time being. "The mall?" she repeated, almost laughing. "Uh, yeah sure. The mall is cool."

yeah, me too! xP
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Now, Simon was prepared to bet that Haven wasn't the kind of girl who usually shopped. Not that he was complaining--he didn't really enjoy it when the girls he was with went to look at clothes or perfumes or whatever they wanted to look at. He enjoyed it even less if his girlfriend went to the fitting room and left him with her very feminine bag. Well, Haven didn't have a purse with her, so that was all good.

It was usually busy at this time of the day, Simon noticed as he led Haven out of McDonald's and into the bustling streets of New York. His eyes wandered around the high lofty buildings of the city. He placed his arm around Haven's shoulder this time--a subtle attempt to make sure that he wasn't going to lose her with all the people running around in here. That, and he saw a couple of guys a short distance away looking at her funny.

"You like shopping?" Simon asked curiously. He was already half sure of what the answer was going to be, but it never hurt to be sure. Besides, he needed to get a conversation going. They can't just be silent on the way to the mall. The silence was going to kill him.

Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 pm

haven swiftly followed simon out of the restaurant, keeping her step quite even with his own. She didn't particularly know why he would suggest to go to a mall. It wasn't like either of them had any, or very much money, correct? She wondered if he liked shopping. Haven herself didn't particularly hate it, she just never had that chance to go to a mall with a group of friends and have a good time--buying things or not.

The streets were busy, even for the time of day it was. Despite her minimal trips to the city, or any city in general, she still found it quite over whelming how many people were there. Haven was never really someone who noticed the small things, but it was easy to see the thousands of people around them, just not each individual one. When Simon draped his arm around her shoulders she felt that wave of reassurance again, and in more ways than one, everything was going to be fine.

"Um, I don't do it a lot," Haven suggested, hoping it would be a good enough answer, smiling partially. She let out a short laugh when trying to think of what to say. "I guess I can't really answer the question then."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:27 am

Simon Xi Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon nodded thoughtfully. "Same here. I don't go to the mall to shop. Guess that makes sense, since it's more of a girl thing. Hm, I never understood why girls like window-shopping. Why do they love to look at clothes even if they know that they can't afford it? I mean, it'll only make you feel bad, seeing something you want but can't have."

A short moment of silence rolled in, only broken by the chatters from the people all around them. It was even punctuated by some old geezer calling after him, warning him about PDA. Simon almost laughed. It wasn't like they were kissing or anything. "Some people just like to stick to tradition..." he mumbled to himself, shaking his head slowly at the thought. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a few guys across the street eyeing the girl beside him. Instinctively he tightened his hold on Haven like some territorial dog and blocked her from their view, feeling a little smug at the scowls on their faces as they turned away. See, gramps? he thought to himself with a smile. There's some use out of this so-called PDA.

Feeling just a little proud of himself, Simon started to hum under his breath. "So what do you like to do? Besides spending time with me, of course," he added jokingly, throwing a small wink in her direction to let her know that he wasn't totally serious in saying that. Simon wanted to think it was true though, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 am

haven slowly nodded, getting somewhat how Simon was getting at these things. Haven could definitely relate the whole, "seeing something you want but not being able to have it" thing. She had basically lived it all for a good amount of time. She regretted nothing though, even if there wouldn't really be much to regret anyway, from her past. She hadn't really thought about shopping as much as one would suspect a girl her age to, though. She wasn't very into that sort of thing and wondered what made others like it so. Hanging around a mall just for fun she could get, but besides that, there wasn't much to go crazy over.

Haven couldn't help but laugh as the man had followed them and sputtered a few choice words to them about their public display of affection, which wasn't really much. Even as that happened, however, she couldn't help but notice Simon's hold on her tighten and the look on his face which she couldn't even begin to decipher. Before she even got a chance to ask him about it all, he asked her another question. And surprisingly, it was one she had to sort of think about before really giving a straight up answer that was legit enough in her own opinion.

"Um, I guess I like to do, um..." Haven stammered and laughed lightly, not being able to get over his subtle comment. "Surprising as it may seem, I like creating stuff, though I'm not very good at it. I know it's such a cliche answer for whom my father is, but I guess It's true. I'm thinking the over active imagination comes with the ADHD and what not. Um, but I'm a really curious person, I guess you could say, I mean you saw me heading through the Big House. So I do a lot of, uh, different things, though I haven't always had that change."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 am

simon xi montri
Son of Hecate

these tricks that i'll attempt will blow your mind,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It was a response he expected, mostly. After all, Haven was a daughter of Hephaestus. Simon would be surprised if she said something like hanging out in the library. He thought it was more of an Athena thing. "Well, it's thanks to your curiosity that we got to meet. Though I might've stumbled upon you sooner or later anyway. I have a knack for beautiful girls. It's kinda like a magnet, y'know," he laughed.

He didn't know how many blocks it was until they would reach the mall, but the growing number of people they encountered suggested that they were close by. At least, that was what Simon thought. Didn't malls attract a lot of people? He stopped himself before he could continue on that train of thought.

The son of Hecate backtracked on their conversation, trying to figure out what he was going to say next before his train of thought was interrupted. "Say... what would you have done if you stumbled upon the Oracle... alone?" he asked mischievously, smirking at Haven to gauge her reaction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pick a verse, any verse; i'll hypnotize you with every line.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:25 am

haven felt her cheeks get the slightest bit hot from his comment. Really thinking about it, she wondered if he were right. Camp was pretty huge and who knew if they actually would have met sooner or later. She did have a plan to actually try a little more when it came to the forges, so maybe her time spent there may have increased, lessening her time elsewhere. She still did like exploring around the entire area, though, so maybe he did have a point.

Simon's next question made her shutter slightly. What would she have done if she had discovered that mummified being by herself? Thinking about how she had reacted even with the son of Hecate along with her, Haven decided her reaction may have no been too much different. It was a horrifying site, who knew if she would have gotten caught while on her own. She was definitely glad that he had been there with her thought to help give an explanation to every thing. She was still pretty new, after all.

"I don't know, not much of a difference, I guess." She answered with a shrug. "I would've screamed, stumbled a bit and probably would have gotten into a lot of trouble." Haven, really thinking about it though, couldn't think of another way of it happening. She couldn't really see her walking into the Big House without being followed. Really, she didn't want to think about that. "Plus no one would have warned me about the smell, so I might have just passed out first."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm

simon xi montri
Son of Hecate

these tricks that i'll attempt will blow your mind,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Simon chortled. "Lucky I was there to save the day then," he said in a sing-song voice, still grinning widely. He couldn't help but laugh at the image of an unconscious Haven in the attic. "And they probably didn't check the attic on a daily basis, so everyone would've wondered where you've gone."

It was then that they finally reached the mall. Thank the gods, Simon thought they'd been walking forever. "Here we are! So, m'lady, where do you plan to go first? The arcade? Any shop in particular? Or..." he repressed a shudder and spoke breathily to give some kind of dramatic effect. "...the clothes store?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pick a verse, any verse; i'll hypnotize you with every line.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 pm

haven had never really thought of it that way. She hadn't known that, and if she had before she had ventured all the way up to the attic, she wouldn't have made the trip. She must have really been lucky for him to have followed her up there. Laying in a dusty old, mummy infested attic for a good couple of hours probably wasn't something she would have looked forward to doing. Just the thought of maybe ending up there during the night hours when it was dark made her shiver.

As they finally reached the mall, Simon began to wonder aloud where they should start off. Or maybe he was asking for her opinion. Haven couldn't possibly know why, even with their dueling lack of mall experience. She shrugged slightly, pursing her lips. "Well clothes are the last thing on my mind right now." She told Simon with a slight smile. "But I bet I could beat you at any game in the arcade." She really wasn't sure on the claim, but she said it anyway, her confidence bursting once more.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

PICK A VERSE, ANY VERSE, I’LL HYPNOTIZE YOU WITH EVERY LINE.

simon xi montri

Simon's eyes twinkled mischievously. Haven couldn't be serious now, could she? But heck, he did enjoy a little challenge every now and then. Besides, it wasn't every day when he got asked to the arcades by a girl, most especially by his girlfriend. Majority of the time, he just got dragged to the clothes store or the movies. He had nothing against the latter, but a change was very welcome from the usual dating standby, not to mention that it did bring about some kind of thrill to the son of Hecate.

"My my, is that a challenge?" He flexed his fingers, no doubt preparing them for the button mashing that was about to ensue. Tilting his head to the side, he let his lips twitch into a small daring grin that exposed the whites of his teeth. "And what will I get if I win?" He winked at her, almost suggestively, but it wasn't like he was being serious with that flirtatious tactic. All Simon did was joke around, most of the time anyway.

OOC NOTES: ---
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)   It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Not a Date...I Think...(Private)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6