Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Watching The Clouds

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lightning

Watching The Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:30 pm

I was in the center curve of the huge golden M of the McDonald's Sign. I was gazing up at the passing storm clouds bending and binding them into new shapes. I laughed as i Twisted a cloud into Kronos, then another into my father. I smiled letting them darken, and lightning bounce between the two. I laughed and made them disappear. I brightened the sky shredding the clouds as my mood impressed. "Its a beautiful day, and i cant wait to waste it away!" i sang laughing.
Back to top Go down
http://Thtsimmermonkidd.tumblr.com
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

--Thane--
Busting out of camp was cool. Especially when there was no family around. I swear, I'm the only Momus kid here... Thane thought to himself, staring up at the morphing clouds. Being the son of the god of poets, he quickly found a muse in the shifting shapes, writing a quick poem within his mind.
Look, there's Zeus, wearing his crown.
And there's Kronos, being thrown down.
Zeus is doing to his father what he did to mine,
but I hold no vengence;I'm completely fine.

He stopped thinking about poetry for a moment, before staring at the double golden arches of McDonalds, noting a boy standing in the middle.
"Excuse me? Isn't that a bit stupid?" He called up, cynical of what the boy was doing.

Last edited by Ninja Poet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:01 pm

I smiled when i was told i was stupid. "Huh i guess but its not like its windy right? or even storming! but if it makes you feel better, I'll sit," i said laughing. I sat in the crack of the golden arches and looked up. Lightning started to arch across the new clouds forming overhead. He's put a damper on my mood.... i jumped of the golden arches, and soared down wards. "Hey I'm Mason, Son of Zeus. You are?" i said a little commanding. I looked to my left watching the Police officer as he watched me. I think he knew i was different. I looked back waiting for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm

--Thane--
"The name's Thane. Thane Draché, son of Momus, god of Poets, satire, mockery, censure, and writers." He said, voice completely dead-pan. "I'm guessing you've never heard of him?" He looked up a Mason, shaking his head, muttering under his breath "Show off..."

Last edited by Ninja Poet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

I smiled, I already liked this kid. Yeah i was a show off, but hey so? I laughed, "Yeah i know who he is. Me and him go back, so yeah. Your dads an ass though. so i wont be surprised if you are," i said smiling after the end.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:07 pm

--Thane--
He let out a short, bitter laugh, before coming back with an answer for Mason.
"If you think I'm an ass, then I'm an ass to you only, unless someone else concurs with your view. Then I am not an ass only to you. I am an ass to them too. And I know my dad's a complete douche. Why I hate him. So, mind if I ask you how you know him?" He folded his arms, raising an eyebrow. This would be fun. Hearing someone who was most likely to say what he always had thought about his dad. Oh the joy.

Last edited by Ninja Poet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:51 pm

I smiled my usual half moon smile, but at this darkening hour, it looked sinister. I knew this look. i gave it many times before. I remembered how i vowed to bring the fall of my father. I remembered how his dad was there, how i was slapped on the back by his large hand. I remembered how we felt like family so long ago, so many thousands of years ago. Before i got caught in the wretched hotel. I laughed he didn't need to know I was there just listening to his father talk about his children. SO few he had. Nor does he need to know we go way way back. Almost before this place began. "Well, we go back really far. Believe it or not, he and i were great friends when this place began. I actually helped start this place. Right before that Damned old Mummy sent me into a trap, just so my father could another thousand years or so. But besides those miner details, we really do go back. He almost family," i said still smiling my dark smile. I have driven many therapist mad with just this smile. It would be wonderful to find one person who could... no would just stare back. I blinked coming back into the reality realizing i almost missed his sarcastic comet.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:56 pm

--Thane--
He raised an eyebrow sceptically. It seemed to be becoming his "thing".
"Almost family, eh? Bah. He has no family. He always ruins it. Admit it, if you two were almost family, then why aren't you together now? I mean, he spent more time with a son of Zeus than he did his own flesh and blood. So yeah. He is a douche. And you can't argue otherwise." He finished his rant, staring Mason straight in the eye. Psht. As if that smile would scare a child so full of hatred that he wouldn't think twice about murdering his own father. Momus would go down.

Last edited by Ninja Poet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 pm

"Honestly? i never said he wasn't a douche. No, after i got out of the freaking hotel WE had a bad argument that you could say caused Hurricane Katrina. WE had a slight dis agreement on why he just left me there to rot. He said it would be wise to follow my fathers orders, and then i said some uncanny things and well he said some stuff. I think it was an interesting talk. And with out any more questions... WE should leave" I said breaking my gaze from the kid long enough to check on the officer. He was on his way over here. The last i needed was the police to search my name among there records. 'Lost child from 1100's found alive!' what a head line. I laughed and started for the Camp.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm

-- Thane --
"And now you're running away from an argument?" Thane quipped, as Mason started to head of towards Camp. "Honestly, son of Zeus, I thought more of you than this." He rolled his eyes. Nobody ever stuck around to have an argument with him. They all left as soon as he started back-chatting them.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 pm

"Oh i'm NOT running away from an argument, but i AM running from the law. I'm wanted as a terrorist in 48 of the 50 states. SO I have been trying to Avoid the cops. so if you don't mind..." i said looking at him behind me. I then glanced at the cop who was trotting his way over here on his horse. "I think we should get ready for a fight... He's on his way, and not really a cop.... Great, more publicity!" i said to Thane. I looked behind me and saw him with the sun behind him. His Green eyes seeming to glow and his sexily thin figure in the jeans, hoodie, and white shirt. I was struck with a pounding in the chest and my head swirled as feelings flowed through me. It felt like all my blood rushed from all over to my privets... The setting sun was behind him and i was struck with amazement as for such a kid. I snapped back into reality as the "cop" came over. This fight would rise my reputation of the terrorist SkyLord. I glanced at him again my feelings dulled a little, but now i could focus. "I...I....I'm.....I'm sorry but i'm NOT going with you!" i ended it with my famous SkyLord mockery smile. Hopefully the cop knew my file enough to leave it alone, or his life would be mine. Underneath the Manicure Withered for my blood, he was ready to kill again.

OOC: want a fight or no?
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 pm

[Of course I want a fight. >=])

-- Thane --
"A terrorist? If I help you, do I get a cool nickname? Because I want my name to be Salad Fingers." he joked, although deep down he was very nervous indeed. He wasn't a fan of fighting, unless verbally, preffering to stand on the sidelines instead. He narrowed his eyes, glancing over at Mason, giving him a once over, noting everything about him. he smirked, before quickly saying, "Dude, have you got something in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 pm

I smiled at Thanes retort. I was still looking at the police when i said "Pocket, its my new Phone, its quite chunky... Or is that just it?" i said winking in thanes direction. The polices voice doubled and a hissing sound came from his skin. The Manicure ripped out of the skin and killing 4 people next to him. My head sheared with pain as the mist wrapped super quickly around the creature. I laughed and pulled out my "SkyBolt" (it what the humans call my lighting bolt!!!) "You Ready? Or is that just the warm up?" i asked looking the creature up and down. The thing stood on 4 legs was about 7ft tall and 9ft long. the long tail curves upwards and shoots deadly spikes. the poison dripped off the tips of the first shot. I flipped backwards and glanced sideways at Thane. "Salad Fingers? Really Salad?" i asked smuggling a giggle. "Your now my assistant... a Teenage Terrorist, SkyLord and his frightful sidekick Salad Fingers... What an interesting combo!" i said my laugh bursting out in the open. But at the time i didn't hear the "cop" say "Your Time Is up SkyLord, I will take you down, you and your allies, YOU WILL DIE TONIGHT!"
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:33 pm

-- Thane --
Thane hissed quietly as a numb pain fell over him, just when the mist enveloped the creature with the Mist. A few seconds after the pain left, he grabbed Olchi (his sword) out of wherever he was keeping it. "Mason, dude, please tell me what the hell these creature things are? It's kind of creepy. And I mean, creepier than Salad Fingers, and that's saying something." He shuddered, remembering the youtube character from his childhood. His mind (wandering around, as usual) snapped to another thing. "Hey. You should change your name to `Happiness`, so we could be called `Cyanide and Happiness.`" Then Thane remembered that he had to fight a monster. How could he forget about the monster?
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:15 pm

"Well a Manticore has a scorpion tail, that shoots deadly spikes, has lightning fast speed, and has knack for my blood. If you attack head on it will see you coming, but we need to first take off that..." I said flipping to my right, i dropped to the floor. The spikes that were fling towards the hit the floor.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm

-- Thane --
"For the love of all that's cheese!" Thane exclaimed as he ducked, dodged and weaved to avoid the poison stings of the Manticore. Never before had he been attacked by a monster; his father was merely a minor god, and he was never targeted. "How do you cope with all of this?" He asked Mason, knowing that being a son of Zeus would be much more dangerous than a son of Momus.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 pm

"I kill them, but then more try to kill me for vengeance. So it works well i guess, i release my stress and anger on them... and they keep coming!" i said as the color of my bolt charged darker, absorbing more power form my anger at my father. The bolt of lightning i shot vaporized the left hind foot.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:12 am

-- Thane --
"Man, if I was you, then I would be dead right now." Thane joked as he swung his sword at the monster, slashing into the front right foot. The manticore wobbled precariously for a second, before falling to the ground. All that was left to do was stab/electrocute it some more, and it would be dust. At least, that's what Thane hoped.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

"Huh, yeah i don't think so... Your hatred for your dad is useful, but don't give it to much lee-way it could destroy you. I know a few like that..." I said glumly. Thane struck the Manticore and it toppled. I shrugged shrinking my bolt into my throwing knife. I launched it into the skull. I lunged just milliseconds behind the knife, wrapping my fingers around the handle bolts of light fled through his body. His eyes glowed bright yellow and with every crack light poured out burning the skin off the bones. I laughed like a maniac which scared even myself.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Watching The Clouds Thane
"Lying shows you care..."
----------
"Man, that's so cool..." He smirked as the light blasted out of the manticore. So Mason could do stuff like that, and what could Thane do? Tell a story and a few jokes. "So... Seems like we've done an activity for the day. What do you want to do next?" he asked after Mason had finished frying the monster's brains or something to that effect.
----------
"Well, it's obvious I don't care."

Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

As the monster imploded i stood... "Never used that much... power..." i said collapsing onto the road. I grunted as lighting struck from the sky striking me in the chest. I stood "Thats a little better but still a little woozy..." I said facing Thane with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm

"Dude, let me help you." Thane ran over to Mason, using his own small body as a prop for him, so he could get steady on his feet. "you're going to be fine, man." Thane soothed him, just in case he was feeling bad about anything. Holding that much weight (mostly in the form of muscle) wasn't easy for the twig-like thane, but he managed. Just.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 pm

I smiled and straighted as i felt Thane start to buckle under my weight. I lifted my arms off of his shoulders and started off towards camp a little wobbly on my feet. "I'm... Fine Thane thanks, your a good... friend," I managed to say through little gasps of air. My heart squeezed at the last word, his feelings were blocked by that one word. it was a cruel and unusual punishment it it ground at his mind and spirit every day. He knew he would soon be gone nothing left but a shell of failures and disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm

"So, you're going back to camp now?" Thane asked him, slightly disheartened. He liked this kid. I mean, not in a like like way, but he was a good friend to have. "Well, I'll be seeing you around." the sadness in his voice was easy to hear, even though Thane had no intention of letting that get through. He didn't want to play the sympathetic loner card just yet.
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 pm

"Well i can barely walk now can i? if YOU aren't there is NO WAY i even can!" i said laughing it hurt me to see him so sad. Yeah your just toying with yourself. Its all in your head! i thought, as my mind began to wander towards the "He likes me too" subject...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching The Clouds   Watching The Clouds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching The Clouds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next