Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] Clouds that look like sombreros

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

[Private] Clouds that look like sombreros Empty
PostSubject: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 am

Zane Hughes

Whistling to myself, I leaned back on the snow by Euros Creek and stared at the clouds. What a nice day - if you didn't count the freezing cold. I didn't really mind the temperature, I had my winter clothes all ready and stuff so I was totally prepared for the cold. Nice, thick jacket, some goofy but comfortable snow pants. Yep, life was good. I loved that nobody here really mucked up the snow, 'cause that was just gross, and I hated it when people mucked up the snow. Oh look, that little batch of clouds looked like sombreros.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 am

I slowly staggered through the cold, white snow piled on the ground. I don't remember it being able to snow in Camp Half-Blood, mainly because we have that magical boarder and stuff that blocks the weather. Maybe a few Khione kids made it snow, or my half-siblings. Being at camp for ten years, you really get to know your way around, and almost memorize all of the camper's names.

As I trudged through the snow, lost in thought, I noticed a boy sitting by himself. I trudged up to him and decided to greet him formally. "Hello," I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 am

Turning my head to notice that someone had silently sat down next to me, my eyes widened slightly. "Whoa." I exhaled, before shaking my head and smiling sheepishly. Gods, I got surprised by things for no real reason. "Sorry, you caught me by surprise. Couple that with an easily surprised, sleepy person, and you've got me running away from you at my top speed - which is only about 3 metres and then I'll fall asleep mid-run or something. Good thing these goofy pants hinder my movement. Anyways, I'm Zane. Zane Hughes, son of Hypnos. I enjoy rambling." I greeted before taking in a huge breath.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:35 am

I let out a soft chuckle at his response. "I'm Marie Valssechi, daughter of Zeus," I replied simply. "I'm not the rambling type of person," I joked. Stroking my curly, jet black hair out of my face, my piercing blue eyes revealed themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:49 am

"Oh nice. Exotic last name." I said, laughing a little. "Yeah, you don't seem like the rambling type of person." I stated, momentarily stunned by the intensity of her eyes before shaking my head again and turning back to the clouds. "Zeus, huh? That must be pretty sick. Does that mean you can summon lightning by snapping your fingers or something? Lightning's pretty cool. That is, when it's not aimed at you. 'Cause getting hit by lightning isn't that cool. Unless it's a radioactive lightning bolt or something, and it blesses you with superpowers or like, a disease. But getting a disease wouldn't be too cool."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 am

I nodded. "I was born in Rome, Italy, when Zeus met my mother, Sadie." Directing my attention to the clouds forming above us, I commanded a few dripplets of rain to pour down over the creek. "Argh," I grunted softly. "I guess I still need to work on that. But yeah, I'm a child of Zeus. I guess that makes me princess of the sky, or gods, something like that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am

"Yeah, it makes you half sister of some of the gods too, doesn't it?" I asked, laughing a little bit. "Gee, half sister of Athena, wouldn't that be odd. Just imagine her zapping you if you walked into her room to borrow a t-shirt or something." I said, pausing in order to visualize the scenario mentally. "'Hey sis, can I borrow your Green Day shirt? The blue one? Yes, I intend on returning it. No, don't zap me! I swear, I'll give it back!'" I said in a high-pitched, feminine voice. My voice cracked near the end though, and I ended up guffawing at it. "Sorry about this, I can have so much fun just talking to myself. I happen to find myself hilarious." I informed her, grinning.

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:10 am

I returned the smile, and ended up giggling at his joke. "I'm sure Athena wouldn't do that," I stated. "Maybe Aphrodite. It seems like something she'd do." I pictured the scene in my head. I wasn't sure if she'd zap me, or attack me with make up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 am

"Yeah, probably." I agreed but tipped my head to the side. "Aphrodite seems more likely to make you fall in love with some guy and then make it impossible for the two of you to get together or something though." I said, grimacing lightly. "Personally, I don't have too high an opinion of Aphrodite. She meddles with too many love stories for me to like her or anything." I mused, before having my eyes snap to a passing cloud that looked like a turtle.

(( Oh Zane. xD

I love Aphrodite, she's one of my favourite Greek goddesses. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am

OOC: Athena is my favorite goddess, but Zeus is my favorite god. I have no idea why. I hope I get her as a canon character. I worked so hard, and I know more about her than anything else in Greek mythology. xD

BIC: "True," I agreed. "That would probably explain why I haven't had a boyfriend yet, but maybe that would be because I've been here since I was seven." I reached for my leather necklace and counted the beads. "Ten years," I sighed, closing my eyes momentarily. "It seems so much longer, and yet, I haven't even mastered how to make it rain. Flying and manipulating lightning only took me about five years, but shouldn't controling the rain be so much easier?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:53 pm

(( That's pretty nice, I like Athena as much as the next person, but I don't like her that much. xD ))

Feeling uncomfortable and abashed at the same time for bringing up the topic in the first place, I scratched my ear and swallowed. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. 'Course, I've only been here for about half the time you've been here." I said, digging through my layers of clothing to bring out my necklace and show her the number of my beads. Returning it back to where it had been before, I slipped my hands under my head and stared at the sky. "Bah! Who needs to be in a relationship, I ask? We're young, we've got plenty of time ahead of us." I said, glancing at her and grinning crookedly. "Besides, I've never even heard of a Zeus child controlling rain. That's just bizarre, in my opinion. So just relax, Marie."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:48 pm

OOC: She was kind of our main focus when we were learning about Greek mythology in 6th grade. I had to write a report on her as well, not to mention write my own myth. So, how am I doing in the canon contest thingie? No, just kiddin', I understand that information is probably classified. xP

BIC: "Yeah, I guess so," I replied simply. "It's just that I've been here longer than most people. I expect myself to have at least master almost all of my powers." I locked my blue gaze on him and smiled. I knew in my heart I'd never regret meeting Zane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am

(( Oh, I'm jealous. xD

We never studied Greek mythology in school so I had to go off and get nerdy all by myself. I don't know nearly as much as I would have liked though - the different parents and twists on legends (and more) gets me confused. xD ))

"Hey, just 'cause you've been here for a while doesn't mean you're expected to have superior control over stuff or something. I know some people who've been here for a pretty long time and yet, truth be told, kind of suck at using their powers. I said, determined to make her feel a tiny bit better. I know what it was like to feel like a huge weight had been lifted off your shoulders, and it was exhilarating. From what I had heard so far, she hadn't experienced that type of thing yet.

"Yeah, I know some guy named Ace, he's a son of Hades. Take him for example, he's been here for the same time as me and yet, he doesn't have mastery over the necromancy still. Can't shadow travel a few metres without passing out, can't summon more than two skeletal warriors before passing out, and he can't summon those balls of death or darkness thing that most other children of Hades can summon. I guess necromancy's just not his strong suit, so he works harder on becoming the greatest swordsman he can be. Maybe children on Zeus aren't meant to control rain." I chirped, realizing for... What? The third time today, I realized that I spoke a lot.

(( Oh snap, Zane's dissin' mah Ace. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:40 pm

OOC: xD

BIC: In response, I flashed him my blue-eyed gaze, letting a thankful smile form on my face. "Thank you," I said. Despite his continual rambling, Zane was a pretty nice guy. The nicest I've met so far at camp. I've met a lot of boys, but not as kind and conisderate as him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 pm

"You're welcome." I said, grinning. I laid there for a bit quietly, just watching the clouds as they rolled by - gears turning in my head. "Hey, you know," I blurted kind of loudly, shifting my eyes to her for a second before moving them back. "You could always hang with me if you.. wanted to." I said at a slightly more normal volume, scratching my head in an embarrassed way. Marie was a pretty cool person, and I don't know, she seemed kind of stressed. Maybe I could teach her the way of the slacker or something.

(( Tee hee, I think Zane likes Marie. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 pm

OOC: Sounds interesting. Please, go on. I'd love to see Marie's reaction. xD

BIC: My smiled widened as he spoke. "Sure," I shouted enthusiastically. I studied his features as I spoke. He seemed a little nervous, but I didn't let that sidetrack me, so I kept the conversation as normal as possible. "Well, where do you want to go?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

"Oh." I said, more surprised than disappointed or something. "Right now?" I asked, eyes widening slightly. "Well, I-I, uh, actually meant later on... But okay!" I managed to stammer, ears turning slightly red. "I, er, actually don't know that many places around camp. I just sort of... wander." I admitted, sitting up and looking at her.

(( Why did Zane become all stammer-y all of a sudden? xD ))
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

"Oh," I said rather nervously. My face began to burn, and the color changed from pale to a slight bright red. "Well, how about you wander us into our next destination?" I asked jokingly. To show that I wasn't trying to make him feel uncomfortable, I flashed him the best smile I possibly could. "How about that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:18 pm

"Oh, uh, alright." I said, combing a hand through my hair as a flustered action. Looked like she was almost as embarrassed as me. What had even brought this on? Random. Had her dad worked some sort of stuff on us or something? "I'll race you." I challenged her, hopping up and looking at her with a glint in my eyes. "Not that I'm particularly fast - even without my goofy pants. As I stated earlier, I'm a really sleepy person so... I'm not exactly long-distance runner material. I mean, maybe I could be a short-distance runner because I think my legs are pretty long because I'm pretty tall. Yeah. I could try anyways though, but you'll probably beat me. And I'll probably get really embarrassed." I began to ramble again.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:58 pm

I let out a slight chuckle, noticing that he began to ramble again. "A race? Well, sure! Where to?" I stood up from where I was sitting and readied myself for the race. "I'm ready whenever you are."

OOC: Please excuse the short posts. I usually write a lot longer than this. (:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm

(( It's fine, I'll try to give you more to work with from now on. xD ))

"Wow, people have actual destinations when they race?" I asked, jaw slightly slack. "Gee, I just run wherever and then rest wherever I end up. Not that I race very often." I told, unfamiliar with how races really worked. Making a show of stretching and stuff, I moved myself into a position similar to hers and shrugged. "I guess we'll just race along the creek and see where we end up. Prepare yourself for defeat, madam." I said, grinning.

"Alright! Let's gooo." I drawled, running off and fumbling with the snow pants that were making me more sluggish that usual.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:39 pm

"You mean you've never ran a race knowing where you were actually going?" I asked. "Well, whatever. I guess I'll try to follow you, and we'll see where we end up." I gave him a quick wink before I repositioned myself in my running stance. "Prepare myself for defeat? No, I don't think so. That's not how us Zeus kids settle things," I joked. Once he took off, I trailed along behind him, only by a few inches, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

"That is correct." I said, laughing. "It sounds pretty silly when you say it like that. I mean, usually if I have to go to a specific place some obstacle pops up or something so it sucks. I have the worst luck." I said while I ran, exhaling and inhaling in rushes. Pausing when I saw something catch my eye, I braked and turned to the creek, scanning the water. What had that been? It had looked unnatural, and foreign in the waters of Euros Creek. At the moment, however, I was more focused on where the heck it had gone.

A movement in the corner of my eye. I noticed far too late. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I exclaimed, getting tackled to the ground and wrestling with the monster. It was huge, but not twice my size or anything. It wasn't like anything I had ever seen before. "Uhh, Marieee?" I called out, holding it out an arm's length away from me and pushing my face as far from it as possible.

(( Just so you know, I did not even plan this. SO I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S GOING TO GO. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:30 pm

OOC: I hope this will be a nice little post to conclude it. xD

BIC: "Zane!" I cried. I stared at the beast and quickly brought out my celestial bronze sword. No, this couldn't be happening. Even after a month of recovery camp still might not be able to do this. "It's the third battle," I murmured. "It has begun!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:52 pm

"Oh, ahaha, you sounded like an oracle for a second there.." I said, laughing before wincing when the thing snapped at me. Oh dang, I totally forgot about it for a second. "Ew, it's foaming and frothing at the mouth." I informed her, sounding totally grossed out. "Man, I hate it when stuff like this happens." I said, sighing and attempting to flip the thing off me and succeeding. "Whu-ah! Take that!" I exclaimed, scrambling up and unsheathing my sword. "Do you know what that thing is?" I asked her breathlessly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros   [Private] Clouds that look like sombreros I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] Clouds that look like sombreros
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next