Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] Empty
PostSubject: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:25 am

~ Alex Whitlock, 16, Daughter of Zeus ~
Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] Alexcopy
I'm just gonna run right through the rain.
I'm just gonna dance right through the pain.
I just wanna feel that rhythm, feel that drum.
Let my heart beat louder.
Let my heart speak louder than my head.

Alex leaned against the tree as she waited for Kade, looking out to the outside world. She unconsciously fingered the twin golden bracelets on her wrists, hoping that she wouldn't need them tonight. It had been a while since she last ventured out of camp and there was a good reason for that: children of the Big Three had a knack for attracting monsters. A lot of monsters. Alex vaguely recalled her mom telling her that there were monsters already trailing her even before she was a month old. She sighed at the thought and looked down at her outfit.

Alex hoped she wasn't under-dressed for the occasion. She wore a sleeveless tight white shirt underneath a black blazer. She opted to wear skinny jeans tonight instead of going with a dress. A dress will make it hard to fight monsters, and there was probably a good chance that they'll encounter some of them tonight. Around her neck hung a colorful lanyard where her trusty camera was attached. Alex just couldn't go without it. She glanced at her silver wristwatch, realizing that it was still fifteen minutes to 7:30. She leaned back against the tree with a smile. Gods, she was so excited.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 am

Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] Kade_y16
*[K A D E Y O U N G]*
*[1 7]*
*[S O N O F T Y C H E]*

Spoiler:

"Didn't go nowhere, never left uh...
You really thought that I was...
Gone (gone gone gone)?...
I heard you talking like I lost my swagger...
Said I was over you were...
Wrong (wrong wrong wrong)...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I loosened my bow tie a bit. I was a little nervous, but I was exsited too. I had bought a dozen yellow roses for Alex, but I had put in a glass one in the middle. I hoped she liked them.

I was wearing a dressy black shirt, and some nice black jeans. I was wearing a white bow tie, which I thought was weird, but I thought I'd give it a shot, and just some black converses. I also still had my shades on, because I looked pretty normal from other guys, except people distinguished me by my eye color, so shades would definatetly help. We weren't going anywhere too fancy, in case some big-town agent recognized me.

I had my swords in the back of my car, just in case. I mean, we were both demigods, there might be some monsters. But I doubted it.

I was almost to Thalia's Tree, so I hid the bouquet behind my back. I smiled, and yelled to Alex, "Hey!"

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Always on the move and...
Working on my flow...
Till I take it to the studio...
This is not a comeback...
Following my own path...
Laying down the fat tracks...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
Well I know that I'll make it...
Never put my head down...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Cause I don't have to fake it...
If I keep on working it...
A billion hits is what I'll get."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 am

Alex whipped around at the sound of her name. Through the dim moonlight, she could see Kade making his way towards her. She looked down and smoothed out the end of the blazer as some kind of a last-minute thing. Once she was satisfied with how she looked, Alex looked up and smiled at Kade. She could already feel her heart race out of excitement. She better not lose control of her excitement and shoot electricity everywhere.

"Hey!" Alex shouted back, her hand raised in some sort of half-wave. "Glad to see that you aren't being stalked by your fangirls," she added, chuckling softly. Once Kade was near enough to be clearly seen, Alex stared at him in awe. Man, he dressed good. "You look... awesome," she said. Actually she was about to say 'hot,' but she stopped herself just in time.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I laughed. "I could say the same for you," I said with a smile. My arm was getting tired of holding the roses behind my back, so I blushed, but only a bit, and took them from behind my back. "Um, I thought you'd like these," I said, handing them to her.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
A billion hits is what I'll get."[/font]
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Alex's eyes widened as Kade brought out the roses behind his back. She slightly blushed as she took the bouquet in her hands. "Thank you," she said, smiling up at him.

The flowers were yellow, and Alex could make out a glass rose in the middle. She lightly touched the glass one. It was so beautiful. "How'd you know that yellow is my favorite color?" she said, chuckling as she clutched the bouquet with both hands. "Or was it just a lucky guess? I'm betting it was, with you as the son of Tyche and all. So, where are we going tonight?"
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

"A place," I replied with a lopsided grin. I led her to the edge of camp, where a car was parked. It wasn't that special, I had borrowed it from a guy in my cabin. It was just a white Kia Sorento, but it would do nicely.

I went over to the side, and opened the door for Alex.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Alex took a deep breath before taking her first step out of camp in years. As soon as she was outside, she immediately felt alert, but she tried not to show it. She was already outside camp's magical boundaries, meaning that she was now a monster-target. Alex actually half-expected a monster to jump out of the trees or something. When a few seconds passed and nothing came, she relaxed a little and walked up to where Kade was holding the car door open for her.

"What place?" Alex asked curiously as she took her seat in the car. She enjoyed wheedling information out, especially about surprises. Ha, Alex sure liked to spoil the fun. "A party? A resto? Burger King?" she said, slightly laughing as she cradled the bouquet of flowers in her lap.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:31 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I laughed again as I started the car. "Yes Alex, I'm taking you to Burger King for a date," I said. I started driving.

I was pretty exsited. I hadn't really gone out on a REAL date before. I ran a hand through my hair, and then turned on the radio. I needed music.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 am

Alex laughed. Was Kade being sarcastic or what? Either way, she still found the comment funny. As she laughed, she looked out of the car window. She frowned slightly. Amid the bright city lights that seemed to be a blur when the car whizzed by, Alex saw something that looked like yellow eyes in the distance. But when she blinked, the pair of eyes were gone. Or maybe the car was just moving too fast for the eyes to catch up to it. Alex barely registered the music come up as she unconsciously fingered her bracelets.

The monsters... they were coming.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:21 am

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I looked over at Alex. Her face said something that her voice didn't. I looked out of the corner of my eye, and asked, "There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" I knew there was something up, she had been a bit quiet, and for her, it wasn't normal.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 am

Alex blinked and looked up at Kade. She bit her lip. She had been caught. Gods, she just had to shut up for a few moments and everyone thinks that something is up. Well, she never shuts up unless there was something serious going on. Alex mentally cursed herself for being so obvious.

"No, it's nothing... nothing at all," the lie trailed off as she looked out the window. Gods, if she kept doing this she might be ruining all the chances she had with Kade. And she didn't really want that. "Okay so there is something..." she vaguely made out the same bright yellow eyes from before in the reflection of the car's side mirror.

Alex faced Kade, looking totally serious. Well, better tell him sooner or later anyway. "I am a monster magnet. My father is Zeus," she told him flatly.

And then something hit the back window of the car, smashing the glass into tiny pieces.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:38 am

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

First, my half brother was going to be pissed. Second, I just really hoped we didn't die. "Get out of the car!" I yelled. I had gotten into quite a few monster fights, and I knew what to do. But in a car, on my way to a date? It gets personal. I got out of the car, and yelled, "You ok?" Please tell me you're ok.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 am

Alex was lucky enough to get out of the car on time. She barely escaped a few scratches, but that was not the important thing here. "I'm fine. You?" she asked him anxiously, before Alex spotted the thing that totally destroyed the back window of the car.

It was a huge hellhound. And with the night creeping in, it just seemed to look more ferocious than ever. Alex instinctively clapped her bracelets together and they glowed brightly before reforming into the twin daggers she now held in both her hands. Her face took a look of pure seriousness as she faced the monster, gripping the hilts of her daggers so hard that the whites of the knuckles were showing. The air around her crackled with electricity emanating from both herself and the daggers. Alex held them defensively in front of her as she moved closer to Kade. She kept her eyes on the hellhound which was now growling at them at this point.

"I am so sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Alex told Kade in a brisk whisper. Gods, if she had, then the date wouldn't be ending up like this.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:29 am

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I laughed, but it was strained. "S'ok. Only thing we need to worry about is getting out of this alive," I said. I hated to ask her to do this, but I couldn't help her if I didn't. "Ok, my swords are in the trunk. Can you hold it off long enough for me to get them?" I asked in a quick whisper.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Alex nodded to show that she had heard. "No problem," she told him. She blinked and remembered her camera. Not thinking it over, Alex took off the lanyard and dropped it on Kade's hands. "For luck," she told him, smiling slightly. That, and she didn't want the hellhound to destroy her camera if she went in to fight it.

Alex was off in a speed that could rival lightning. The air crackled with the volts of electricity she and her blades were giving off. Alex slashed at the hellhound but the blade wasn't sharp enough to penetrate the beast's thick hide. The hellhound reared, snarling, before trying to bite her with its huge jaws filled with knife-sharp teeth. Alex ducked to dodge, clenching her teeth in the process. She could smell the hellhound's putrid breath. "Eww," she muttered to herself as she wrinkled her nose in disgust.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:46 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I grabbed the lanyard, and bolted to the trunk of the car. I fumbled with the latch, and pulled at it. Wow. Just my luck. It was locked.

Ok, have to run to the passenger side, reach over and grab the keys. It sounded like a good plan in my head. I rubbed my hands together, and sprinted. I chanced a quick look at Alex. I didn't know how long she could last.

I opened the door, reached over, grabbed the keys, slammed the door shut, and ran again. Again, I fumbled with the latch, shoved the keys in, and unlocked it. Ok, the swords were right there. I left the trunk open, and I bolted to Alex, my two long swords in hand. "Missed me?" I said with a smirk, trying to lighten the impending doom.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:48 am

Alex was relieved that Kade finally got his swords. She doubted she can hold the hellhound for much longer. Panting hard, Alex kept her eyes trained on the monster. She was annoyed how none of her slashes seemed to work. She barely scratched the hellhound's hide with her attacks. Gods, she really needed to go back to the arena when this was done--she was getting out of practice.

Alex couldn't help but laugh at Kade's attempt to lighten the situation. "I'm not sure if missing you is the greater priority in this situation," Alex teased as the hellhound prepared to lunge. She was more focused in keeping both of them alive. The beast growled and snarled, before pouncing on the two of them.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:59 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I smiled, ready to show off my new moves. Right as it lunged, a few feet from my head, I blanced on one foot. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. Like an ice-skater a went low, and twisted on the ground, spinning very fast. I held the blades above my head, almost stright up, but somewhat at an angle. They were close together, and the motion created a helicopter blade effect. It slashed at the hellhound, it cut it pretty deep, but definatly not enough to kill it. It cringed, and howled in pain, but its eyes bore at me and Alex with fury.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 am

Wow, this guy can fight, Alex thought, awed, as Kade slashed at the hellhound with his long swords. She blinked and remembered that she should be helping too, not just standing there and gaping at Kade like an idiot. Shaking her head at herself, Alex leapt, her hair whipping behind her as she doubled the grip on her twin blades. The hellhound's jaws snapped at her but she slashed at the air with her one of her blades. The slash made some kind of arc of electricity in the air, giving the beast a nasty shock when its mouth made contact with it. Alex smiled, and landed on the ground on one knee. Before the monster's shock wore off, Alex quickly moved towards the wound Kade made with his swords and used all her strength to drive her dagger, charged with volts of electricity, in the injury. The hellhound gave one spasm before dissipating into the darkness where it came from.

Panting, Alex lowered her weapons as she turned to Kade. Her thumbs pushed the button on the bottom of the blades' hilts and they turned once more to the golden bracelets now locked around her wrists. Smiling at Kade, Alex shrugged. "Yeaaah... the car... is pretty much destroyed. Sorry for that," she told him apologetically. "Some way to start a date, huh?"
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I stood up slowly, and put my swords behind my back in their normal X formation. "Well, there was nothing we could do about it," I said. "But we have to make the best of it." I took her hand and smiled. "Let's say we head back to camp, and have a nice candle light dinner there," I said with a grin.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:04 am

Alex grinned at the suggestion. "Yeah, that sounds good to me. But still... the car..." she sneaked a glance at the partially destroyed vehicle. "Well I don't think we can ride it to camp, so I guess it's either we walk or take a cab--hang on, where's my camera?"

Alex turned a bit panicky as her hands clasped around her neck where her lanyard usually was. She felt like she suffered a mini heart attack when she realized that she didn't have her camera. Wait, calm down, Alex thought to herself, breathing deeply. Where had she put it before the fight began? Oh right, she gave it to Kade. And Kade wasn't wearing it. Oh no. Where did he put it?

"Where's my camera? All the pictures... Oh gods..." Alex continued to mumble under er breath as she turned to Kade with widened eyes, her hands still around her neck. Alex really hoped that it didn't get destroyed or anything, that would really suck.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:27 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I chuckled, and gripped her hand tight. "Just follow me," I said. I led her to the trunk, where the camra was laying, untouched, and safe. "See? I wanted to leave it there, for safe keeping," I said, picking it up, and putting it around her neck.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 am

Alex smiled and let out a mental sigh of relief as Kade placed the lanyard around her neck. She was really glad to reunite with her camera, as obviously seen by how she hugged the thing tightly. Alex turned to Kade, smiling at him. "Thanks," she said sincerely. "Ha, if it was destroyed I'll probably go into hysterics. So as I was saying, are we going to walk or take a cab?"

Alex looked around, trying to find out if they were within walking distance to the camp. She didn't recognize the place though, so she wasn't sure if they were anywhere near the camp.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I shrugged. "There aren't any cabs around here," I said. "Our only option is to walk, unless you have something that can fly." I highly doubted it. Because if she did, she would've mentioned it.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

"Nope, no flying I'm afraid," Alex said, laughing a bit. She was trying not to think about the other dangers that could come if they were to walk. After all, a hellhound actually chased them even if they rode a car. What more if they were walking? Alex was anxious, but she tried hard not to show it. It wasn't as if they had any choice anyway.

"Well if we are to walk, I say we get started now," Alex said, smiling as she took Kade's hand and began to walk. She stole a last glance at the now useless car. "Is it your car? Must've cost a fortune, only to be destroyed by a monster."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]   Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, here we go [Katniss Everdeen]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next