Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] Empty
PostSubject: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

~ Alex Whitlock, 16, Daughter of Zeus ~
A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] Alexcopy
I'm just gonna run right through the rain.
I'm just gonna dance right through the pain.
I just wanna feel that rhythm, feel that drum.
Let my heart beat louder.
Let my heart speak louder than my head.

Click!

Alexandra pulled the camera away from her face, looking at her most recent shot of the beach. She frowned, not really liking the way it turned out. It was already starting to get annoying how every picture she took today always had something wrong in them. Some were taken against the light, some blurry and some of them did not just have that spark. She sighed, deleting the photo. This time, the background distracted the viewer from the focus of the picture. Alex turned to the horizon. When was she going to get a decent picture? She was so focused on trying to find something to take a shot of that she didn't notice that she was no longer alone on the beach.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:21 pm

A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] Kade_y16
*[K A D E Y O U N G]*
*[1 7]*
*[S O N O F T Y C H E]*

Spoiler:

"Didn't go nowhere, never left uh...
You really thought that I was...
Gone (gone gone gone)?...
I heard you talking like I lost my swagger...
Said I was over you were...
Wrong (wrong wrong wrong)...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I had needed a place to think. I had just gotten done hanging out with Maddie, and she had seemed in a bad mood. SHe had told me she was practicing knife throwing, and she hated it. I had told her to keep trying, because that weapon could save her life.

People had wanted my autograph, and I had turned them all down. I told them I was retired from singing. I sang once in a while, but singing reminded me of Tim. Sweet, innocent little Tim.

It was a fairly nice day outside, and I had taken my sweatshirt off, and slung it over my shoulder. I knew only one place almost no one would be at. The Beach.

Walking onto the Beach, I saw a girl with a camera. If she regognized me from my brief stardom, I would have my own papparazzi. So I sat a good distance away from her, hoping she wouldn't notice me. But of course, it was futile.

She looked over at me, and I did a little salute. "Hey," I said a bit sheepishly.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Always on the move and...
Working on my flow...
Till I take it to the studio...
This is not a comeback...
Following my own path...
Laying down the fat tracks...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
Well I know that I'll make it...
Never put my head down...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Cause I don't have to fake it...
If I keep on working it...
A billion hits is what I'll get."

Last edited by Katniss Everdeen on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Alex's eyes widened at the sight of the guy. She hadn't even realized that her mouth dropped open, but only partly. She ran a hand through her messy hair as she thought deeply. She had seen this guy before! The only problem was that she couldn't remember where. Alex closed her mouth and smiled, trying to cover up her slight embarrassment. Her gaze slid over to the camera she was holding, then back to the boy. She had just gotten the perfect idea.

"Hi!" Alex said cheerfully, one of her hands raised in a half-wave. "Er, do you mind if... you act as my model for a bit? I mean, I'll understand if you don't want to, but if it's alright... I've been looking for a good model and well..." she trailed off, not really knowing how to continue that. She looked at the boy, trying her best puppy-dog eyes and hoping it'll work.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I sighed. She hadn't screamed my name, or wanted an autograph. I owed her one. I got up slowly, and brushed the sand off of me.

"Sure," I said. "Just tell me what you want me to do."

I looked at her more closly. She was very pretty. And not like, movie star or model pretty. mor like a simple pretty. Natural. I liked that. It showed me she wasn't afraid to be herself. "My name is Kade Young," I said slowly. I hoped she would jump up screaming. That would ruin it.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 pm

"I'm Alex. Alex Whitlock," Alex said, smiling widely at Kade. Wait, Kade Young? The name rang a bell. A really really vague bell in Alex's mind. Within a few seconds of thinking though, she finally remembered. "I know you!" she said, almost dropping her camera in surprise. "I heard you sing once! Gods, I had a crush on you back then," Alex said. Her eyes widened as she realized what she had just said. She covered her mouth with one of her hand and started to laugh. Well, that was what she got for just blurting out her thoughts before thinking them over. "Sorry, I know I must sound like one of your crazed fans. I didn't know you were a demigod..." Alex said, trying to cover up her slight embarrassment. She took a deep breath to collect herself.

"Anyway, well, you can just lie down like that. It's going to be perfect. Just look at the camera and smile, I'll do the rest," Alex said, smiling at him, already in the process of configuring her camera. She couldn't believe her luck. A handsome guy coming in when she was out of inspiration? Best thing to ever happen.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I laughed and smiled the whole time. "Thanks," I said. I layed back down, and put my swetshirt back on, but left it unzipped. I knew what poses I had in mind. Shooting for album covers was much more complicated, so I thought I could handle this.

I stretched one leg out, and crossed my other leg over it. I took off my shades, revealing my brown, almost black eyes. I sat propped on my elbow, and smiled with my perfect white teeth at the camera. It was more of a cocky grin than a smile, but people always said I looked best when I did that.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Oh. My. Gods, Alex thought to herself as Kade posed. She almost forgot that she should be taking a picture of him. Smiling to herself, Alex crouched on one knee as her face turned serious. After a click and a flash, Alex stood back up as she waited for the picture to show. She smiled at the picture. It was actually the best she took all day. The sunlight seemed to make Kade's skin shimmer, and the beach background complemented his pose perfectly. And don't even get Alex started on his smile.

"It's... perfect," Alex said, beaming. She couldn't really find any other word to describe it. "Thank you so much! You don't know how happy I am right now. I'll probably make a lot of money if I tried to sell this to your fans," Alex said with a chuckle. "No worries though, I wasn't thinking of selling it or anything."

Alex sat down by the beach, the waves just reaching the soles of her feet. She was technically seated beside Kade, only separated by around two feet. "You still sing? I haven't really heard from you for a while now."
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

"Glad to help," I said sitting up. I sat with my knees about six inches away from me, and I layed my arms on them, holding my own hands.

I was intrigued by her question about my singing. No on had asked me that before. "Well, I'm retired I guess you could say. BUt I do sing to myself sometimes," I said, looking out at the waves. The water was skimming the front of my shoes, and I didn't want them ruined, so I took my shoes and socks off, and let the water lick at my feet.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 am

Alex hadn't realized that she had turned the camera on and was still staring at the picture as Kade talked. "You are way too young to retire," Alex teased him, throwing him a sidewards glance. She lifted her precious camera up when a particularly large wave came towards their direction. Oh great, now part of her shorts are wet. What was she thinking, sitting down on the beach so near the waves? Alex looked down on herself, already getting irritated at the sudden damp condition of her shorts.

"Well, at least my camera's okay," she said, trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. She stood up, trying to assess the damage. Trying not to ruin her cheery mood, Alex turned to Kade. "You up for a song right now? I really like your voice," she said honestly, smiling at him.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:03 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets. I took a deep breath, thought of one of my best songs that I sang, and I started.

"It's been a really really messed up week,
Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter,
And my girlfriend went and cheated on me,
She's a California dime but it's time for me to quit her.

La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la

We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world,
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign.
I don't know if I'll make it, but watch how good I'll fake it,
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight."

I had actually smiled while singing it, and I smiled after too. It wasn't that bad.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...

Last edited by Katniss Everdeen on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Alex didn't notice that Kade was getting uneasy at the subject of singing. She didn't think anything was wrong. Alex smoothed out the damp ends of her shorts while still looking at Kade. "Well, you don't need some background music to sing," she told him, smiling.

"I've heard a lot of people who sing without it, and their voices were still awesome," Alex said smoothly. Now she was partly lying about the first part. She heard only about one or two people do that, but still, they sounded good. "Come on, just a few lines will do. I don't care what song, as long as you sing," Alex said, grinning at Kade.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:48 pm

(~* u posted like, the same thing twice, so ill post this again *~)

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets. I took a deep breath, thought of one of my best songs that I sang, and I started.

"It's been a really really messed up week,
Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter,
And my girlfriend went and cheated on me,
She's a California dime but it's time for me to quit her.

La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la

We're going at it tonight, tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world,
Tonight, tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign.
I don't know if I'll make it, but watch how good I'll fake it,
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight."

I had actually smiled while singing it, and I smiled after too. It wasn't that bad.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:04 pm

((Oh, I see you've edited your post around 20 minutes after I posted, so ignore my last post, alright? xD))

Alex had closed her eyes to fully savor the song. The melody was just nice, and the way Kade sang it made it a lot better. "Wow, I haven't heard that voice for years," she said as she opened her eyes. "Still as great as ever anyway. You a son of one of the Muses or something? Sounds like it," she said, beaming at him.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm

(~* KK XD *~)

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I waved a dismissive hand. "Nah, too obvious. I'm a son of Tyche. But know what the ironic thing is? I got the bad luck deal instead of the good luck," I said with a sad smile. "And thanks. I didn't really know that many people who listened to me. Well, at least until I retired."

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Alex raised her eyebrows at him. "What do you mean 'bad luck'? I mean, you got to be famous, even if it's only a little while before you retired. I wouldn't call that bad luck," she chuckled. She looked up to the sky, watching the wispy clouds drift by. She would take a picture, but then it would be against the sun so the photograph would be all ruined anyway. "Why did you retire?" Alex said, turning back to Kade.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:30 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I shrugged. "Well, all my family died. That's the bad luck. And there's always something that happens to me that's bad. But as for the why did I retire, it's because of my dead little brother. Tim."

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Alex bit her lip. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said, looking down on the waves licking her bare feet. She began to fidget with her camera nervously. "Bad things always happen to people. That's unavoidable," she commented, looking towards the distance. She hadn't gotten much bad out-of-the-ordinary experiences if you didn't count the weird monsters she kept seeing back then when she was really young, and the hellhound that got into the house when she was about ten. Thankfully, they hadn't left lasting scars or anything. Alex sighed at the thought.

"But I'm sure that something good does happen to you too, you know. I don't think your mom would like it if she dumped only the bad luck on you," she said, smiling at Kade.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I chuckled and kicked around some dirt. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean, I became a singer. And then I met my half sister Maddie. And now I met you." I blushed slightly at that lasy part. I hadn't meant to say it out loud. Oops, I thought.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Alex widened her eyes at what Kade said. Her cheeks were also turning rosy, but she turned away quickly so Kade wouldn't notice. Did she just hear that last part right? "Wutdidyousay?" she blurted out, turning again to face him and noticing that he was turning slightly pink.

Excitement bubbled up in the pit of her stomach. If this continues to build up, Alex was going to accidentally fry her camera. She took a huge breath to try to mellow her excitement, letting go of her camera as it hung around her neck. "I am a normal sixteen-year-old girl who happens to be a demigod. How did I happen to be one of the 'good luck'?" she asked, not trying to think her words anymore. It seemed like she was voicing out whatever comes into her mind now.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I was gaining more confidence. I thought about giving another compliment. Yes, I would. "Well, I guess the Fates have a soft spot for pretty girls," I said. My cheeks were still a bit rosey, but as I said, I had more confidence.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 am

Alex blushed crimson at the compliment. She fumbled with her camera for something to do. Gods, why did she have to overreact when it came to things like this? It seemed like her emotions were way out of her control. She even forgot that her shorts were damp. "Well... that's just... Thanks," Alex said, having trouble just piecing two words together.

Alex cleared her throat and chuckled. "Wow, you really... you really know how to leave me speechless, or at least close to speechless," Alex mumbled. Her thoughts were a blur, and she didn't really know what to say anymore.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:22 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

I laughed. "What? Is that a hard thing to do?" I asked her. Of course, I already knew the answer. I had noticed that she talked a lot, and that was a good thing. Less akward silences. Just like what was happening now.

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Alex laughed, running a hand through her messy hair out of habit. "Apparently so. My mouth works on its own. It doesn't usually stop even when I tell it to," she said, trying to crack a joke. Silence came for a few seconds, and Alex wasn't used to it. She felt the need to talk, to say anything to break the silence. "So I guess this is the part where you ask me out?"

Alex clapped both of her hands on her mouth. Her eyes widened at what she said. "Sorry! Oh gods, that was so stupid. I told you my mouth works on its own!" she said nervously with her hands still on her mouth. Gods, Alex wished she could control herself. Or her mouth, more like. She mentally pictured herself hitting her head on a rock as punishment. Gods, now she ruined everything.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[K A D E Y O U N G]*

Wow. This girl had spunk. But, I laughed in spite of myself. "Seriously, chill," I said in a soothing tone. "But, yeah, you're right. This IS the part where I ask you out. The only question now is, will you accept?"

~~~~~
~~~~~

I'm always improving...
Working on my flow...
Following my own path...
Still a music maniac...

Whoaaa...
T-t-turn it up loud...
Yeahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Alex's eyes widened. She hadn't ruined her chances! She could just dance in sheer excitement. She stopped herself though. She didn't want to scare Kade away. Dancing now would probably make her look like a desperate or crazy freak. She slowly uncovered her mouth, her hands finding their way to her camera again. Her hands always seem to land on her camera every time she was excited or nervous.

"Yes, I definitely accept," Alex said brightly, smiling ear-to-ear at him. This was going to be a blast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]   A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Picture Please? [Katniss Everdeen]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next