Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) Empty
PostSubject: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 am

Aria walked through the forest unhappily. It was a bright and sunny day with no breezes. Perfect right? Wrong. Aria hated days like this. There wasn't any wind or rain or thunder or lightning to make her feel alive. And she hated it. Plus she was heading towards the creek. That was a sure sign that she was desparate to have something to do. Usually Aria avoided creeks or lakes. She didn't like the water much. Beaches were okay because there was usually a sea breeze. But still water? No thank you. Maybe it was because her father and his brother didn't get along. So Aria and still water didn't get along either. She reached the edge of the creek and sighed. She grabbed a flat stone and skipped it across the creek. It bounced three times before sinking. "Personal best." she muttered to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:30 am

Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) Maddie11
~[M A D D I E J U N E]~
~[8]~
~[D A U G H T E R O F T Y C H E]~
~[T H E g i r l
W H O was N E V E R
a T R U E child]~

Spoiler:

"You´re better then the best...
I´m lucky just to linger in your light...
Cooler than the flip side of my pillow that´s right...
Completely unaware...
Nothing can compare to where you send me...
Lets me know that it´s ok...
Yeah it´s ok...
And the moments when my good times start to fade...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

She hadn't noticed me. And as far as I could see, she was quite unhappy.

I was on the other side of the creek, writing in my journal, and singing. I was supposed to be hanging out with Kade, but he was busy with his new girlfriend. I scoffed, just thinking of it. Of course, I didn't know her, but she was keeping my big half brother away from me. My only family left.

I stared at the girl intently. Much older than me, and took in the girl. Yes, unhappy was the right word.

I got up, and briskly walked to the other side, and sat about two yards away from her. I put on my best serious face (which was hard when you're only eight), and looked at her. "Greetings," I said.

~~~~~
~~~~~

You make me smile like the sun...
Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...
Crazy on a Sunday night...

You make me dance like a fool...
Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Just the thought of you can drive me wild...
Oh, you make me smile."

Last edited by Katniss Everdeen on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:37 am

Aria blinked at the little girl. She wasn't being mean or anything, the girl was little, she looked about eight. But her greeting was so serious. Aria managed to keep a straight face for about five seconds before she burst into laughter. Her clear peals rebounded off the water and echoed throught the small clearing they were in. "Sorry." she gasped when she finished laughing. "My name's Aria." she said, introducing herself. She held out a hand for the girl to shake. Aria was still giggling a bit. It had just been so funny! She couldn't help herself.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I looked at the girl with an intensified fury, but it didn't show in my voice. "I am Maddie June. Only call me Maddie," I said, not reaching my hand out. I would have, but Arias laughter had knocked most of the hospitality out of me.

I got out my journal, scribbled a few sentances, then stuck it under my leg. "I found your laughter offensive, and I would thank you if next time you warn me, or you keep it in," I said. I couldn't help but think that my sweet, un-matured voice fit with who I was. I hated it.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

Aria's smiled faded fast. What a weird little girl. Aria had thought that she would be nice, obviously not. There seemed to be fury in her eyes. Well then, Aria thought, two can play at that game. Aria's electric blue flecks that circled throught her eyes brightened until they were quite scary. She didn't do this on purpose though. It just happened when she was angry or annoyed. And right now Aria was really annoyed. She dropped her refused hand and glared at the Maddie. "Well I find it rude that you would write in a book while talking to me. I also find it offensive that you refuse to shake my hand. And you do not want to get on the wrong side of me." That last part was simply the truth. Aria had trained her powers for six years. She had practically perfect control over them.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:08 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I smiled. A bit of a sly smile, but most of it was genuine. "That was just payback. And also, I'm not afraid of you. And that book is my journal. Quite important to me actually," I said. My voice was bleak, but had a little twing of sweet intrest. She seemed not to underestimate me... too much.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am

Aria raised an eyebrow skeptically. "You should be afraid of me." she said snappily. "I'm a daughter of Zeus and I could electrocute you right now if I so desired." If she wasn't scared now there was something seriously wrong with this little girl. "And just because it's your journal doesn't mean it's okay to write in it when you're having a conversation with someone." she said. "And I don't really care if it's important to you." Was that last comment harsh? Maybe. It was still the truth though.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:25 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

This time it was my turn to laugh. Not the kind of alugh that had escaped Aria, but more of a chuckle.

"I respect your honesty greatly. You have NO idea how much I look for that. And, why should I be afraid? You could hurt me, and I wouldn't doubt that you would. But again, why should I be afraid? You have more power than me, yes. Are you more skilled than me? Abosolutly. But it doesn't scare me. We here all have powers, just some more than others. But there are only few things that set us all apart. So explain to me now, why. Why should I cower in fear in your presence? Why would I run at this moment from being turned into a roasted demigod?" I finished, looking quizically at Aria.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:30 am

Aria stared at Maddie. She was like no other 8 year old Aria had ever met or even seen. She was actually like no other person Aria had met. "Umm because you'll die?" she said. Aria thought that was a pretty good reason to be scared. Once you die you're gone from this world. Well you could be reborn, but most people just die and don't come back. Aria was starting to get creeped out by Maddie. Maybe she would just leave quickly.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I smiled widely. I loved how she was so blunt. "Not likely," I said, looking out at the creek. I rubbed the butterfly pin on my jacket. Just in case. I wasn't ready to be defencless. Even though my power did half the work. "And it's not likely because my godly parent is Tyche. Goddess of luck."

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:58 am

Aria frowned. "Luck won't make my lightning bolt somehow avoid you. Even if it does I can shoot multiple bolts at once." There really wasn't anyway to avoid Aria's powers when she wanted you gone, it was just a fact of life. Aria didn't go around killing people though. Sure she was easily angered, but she didn't go around killing people. That just wouldn't be right.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 am

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

"Oh, I'm well aware. But the question on the table is, how long could you keep it up? How much power is your max?" I said. i stopped fingering my pin, and started fingering the necklace Kade had givin me. I sighed, knowing that he would want me to be nicer, that people didn'y know any better than to look at an eight year old girl, and think them innocent. I sighed again. I had to do the right thing here. "Listen. I am sorry the conversation had to turn to be a fiasco, but just for a second, put yourself in my shoes. You're an eight year old, with no family but a half brother. You never grew up normally, and you marured in mind too fast. People underestimate you. They think you're creepy because you simply love to write and read nonfiction, and you're smarter than other eight year olds."

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Aria frowned at Maddie. "I can keep my lightning up for a while." she informed her. Then she thought about what Maddie said. Except Aria couldn't put her mind in that of an eight-year-olds. She just didn't have enough imagination or something. "I hate non-fiction" she said finally. "It remind me of school, and school bored me." School did bore Aria, but not because she was bad at it. She was actually quite intelligent, but school was still boring for her.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I looked up at the sky dreamily. School. "What is school like?" I asked. My voice was breathy and light, finding a trace on intrest. I had never been to school, and I had always dreamed of it. How I wish sometimes.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Aria frowned at Maddie. "Haven't you ever been to school?" she asked. She thought for a moment. "It depends what you like. You always learn new things, but some of them can be a bit boring. On the other hand some are really interesting. Plus you get to hang out with your friends for the day." What would it be like having never been to school? It sounded so strange. "Wait, if you've never been to school how can you read and write?"
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I shrugged, still looking up. "Foster home. Rita. I mean, people don't adopt stupid children. Well, as far as I knew," I said.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 pm

"They might adopt stupis children if they were really cute or pretty or soemthing." Aria said thoughtfully. Looks often won over brains anyway. It didn't make much sense to Aria. She'd rather be smart than a pretty idiot. Stupid people annoyed Aria a lot. She was just glad that she wasn' stupid.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I smiled sadly. "Yes, I suppose so," I said. I took out my book, and flipped through the pages quickly. I had been called over mature, odd, and creepy. But I had accepted that it was me. "You must think me so peculeier," I said quietly.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Aria thought for a moment. Should she lie? She hated lying but it might spare Maddie's feelings. She would want the truth though. "Yeah." Aria said. "But I like people who are peculiar or quirky or whatever you want to call it. People who are normal are usually boring, I find." There, she had given Maddie the whole truth. Aria was quite pleased with herself.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I turned my head to look in her eyes. I wanted to know if she really was telling the truth. She was, I could see it. "Well, it did not seem like it when you thretened to kill me because I was, persay, annoying," I said with a smirk.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 pm

"Well you were annoying me." Aria said, immediately coming to her own defence. "And I threatened to kill you because you were annoying, not because you were peculiar." Aria sat back with a triumphant smirk upon her face. That last point would kill off any argument Maddie had, because it was true.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

"True enough," I said. "And therin lies the trouble. I am still eight after all, so you must expect it. Even from possibly the most mature eight year old in history."

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

"Just because I expected it doesn't mean that you still didn't annoy me." Aria said reasonably. She tended to do that a lot. Expect things and then still be annoyed or surprised by them. It was just her way. It kept her alert and on her feet.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Completely unaware...
Yeah it´s ok...

~~~~~
~~~~~

*[M A D D I E J U N E]*

I nodded. "Yes. You have a point," I said wistfully. Why was I like this? Oh, yeah. Stupid foster home made me like this. Suddenly I was angry. I tried not to show it, but I'm sure some of it registered on my face. I turned my face away, and looked at the creek.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Fall outta bed...
Sing like a bird...
Dizzy in my head...
Spin like a record...

Forget how to breathe...
Shine like gold...
Buzz like a bee...
Oh, you make me smile."
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 am

Aria frowned as Maddie's face changed. Had she said something wrong. She didn't think so. She'd even stopped referring to Maddie as this or that little girl in her head. Aria often referred to people in her head using name's she'd given them. For some reason she preferred that rather than actually thinking their name. Aria remained quiet in case something she said made Maddie even angrier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)   Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skipping Stones (Katniss Everdeen)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: