Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhea

Rhea

Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Issy was too nervous for just seeing Zeke again. She had tried swimming and that didn't work so here she sat at the end of the lake her feet dangling in the water. She wore what was what she usually wore during the spring and summer. Skirts and tank-tops with stiletto sandals( http://www.polyvore.com/isobel/set?id=44563571). Her sandals were next to her and she rattled her charm bracelet and looked down into the water. The prospect of seeing Zeke again tonight chilled her to the point where she wondered if she was going stir crazy waiting.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Zeke stepped out of a the shadow of a tree. He was in his usual set up but decided to for go the hoodie in favor of a dark button-up shirt that he left unbuttoned. His eyes glowed with energy that helped him see in failing light. He saw Issy sitting my the shore.

Zeke walked up to her and dropped a Coke next to her before sitting down. "So. I'm here, now what?" He said taking a sip from his own Coke. He had to admit that he was happier than usually at seeing her again. The only person who treated him like a human.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Issy gasped as the coke dropped, she smiled brightly at him. "Hello to you too!" She said grinning and brushing dark hair from her eyes. "Now-" she paused to take a sip of coke "we talk." Isobel replied smiling lightly. "You start with simple things and questions and that works into the deep interesting conversations." Issy said looking into the dark water and smiling. "Favorite colour? Mine's red and blue." She was sure these questions were self explanatory basic first questions to ask people.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Zeke sighed, he got the reasoning behind the questions but that didn't change the fact that to him they were pointless. Well, I'll just play along, after all this may be normal between to people who don't really know each other. "Dark anything. The closer to black the better." He said pointing at his shirt which was a blue so dark it seemed to be blue tinted black. "So, how 'bout this weather huh?" Zeke asked with a grin. I can still mess with her. He thought. "No really, favorite season? Mine is winter." It was the best none joking question he could think of. And besides it actually tells you a lot about someone. Like himself, his favorite season was winter, he was cold to most people when he meets them for the first time, he and winter both are connected to death. He was curious to see how much of his assumptions turn out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Issy sighed noticing he couldn't care for the conversation but smiled brightly s he answered. She figured he could probably guess her favorite season "I bet you already know what it is!"She said giggling and taking a drink of her coke. She smiled a flashy smile showing off the perfect teeth she had. Isobel was Russian had did have the slightest of accents but she sounded too english to be found russian by people that didn't know her last name. Of course Zeke had know her last name and probably suspected her russian descent. "Of course its summer!"She said brightly "the sun is shining, the water is cool and I don't have to cut a hole to go swimming!" She said drinking more of her coke and splashing her feet around in the water.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Zeke let out a small laugh. He was starting to think her energy was contagious. "I was fifty-fifty between that and spring." Zeke said picking up a rock and sent it skipping down the lake surface. "In all honestly I think Autumn is my real favorite. It has the cool touch of winter without the bite." Zeke said missing the cool and cold weather that came with Autumn and Winter. "I know this is a big jump from 'what's your favorite season' but I have to know. Aren't you scared of me? Why is it that you take one look at the eyes so many other have called demonic and call them pretty? I just don't get it." Zeke asked trying to sort it out in his own head.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Issy thought for a moment. "Your eyes entice me, my favorite colour is red also and you are adorable if I must say it."She said blushing lightly "why sugar coat something I don't judge people by looks theres no point."She said brushing aside hair and smiling at him. "Your eyes are just something interesting about you." It was at this point she was forming shapes with the water, swirls and shapes such as stars,hearts, circles, squares. It was a habit when you had played with water as a toddler. She looked at Zeke and smiled lightly "and why did you give me the light of day? I have a feeling you don't like to socialize!" She said smiling slightly her vivid blue eyes shining in the night.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Zeke looked closely at her. He could usually tell a persons moral alignment by looking at their soul. However with this girl he couldn't pin anything down. "I don't." He said as he made the spirits of some of the fish shine shine creating a chaotic light show that followed no patters as the fish swam. "As for why I gave you the 'light' of day is that there is something about you that I can't pin down." He said as he pull a small chunk of obsidian about the size of an apple. He absent-mindedly began breaking and reforming the rock into shapes of animals.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Issy smiled brightly. "Does this mean I can play of mysterious?" She asked tilting her head to the side swishing her feet back and forth getting antsy. She smiled gently "I've been told I'm unpredictable like the ocean."She said standing and stripping down into her swimsuit and sinking into the lake. Sighing grateful for the icy water that cooled her burning skin. "A lot of people try to stay away from me because I'm Isobel the powerful daughter of Poseidon not Issy the flamboyant and sometimes quiet girl. " She took a breath laying her chin on the dock letting her feet dangle in the water.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Zeke laughed. He couldn't help it. "To powerful?" He stood, the shadows around him darkening, spirits of woodland animals, small spires of Obsidian rose up around him, and his eyes flared a near blood red color. "You say this to Zeke Enderson, the child of the Lord of the Underworld? If anyone can understand the sorrow of power it is another child of elder gods." He walked to the edge of the dock, as everything, his eyes, the obsidian, the souls, and the shadows all returned to normal. "Why would the powerful fear the powerful?"
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Issy splashed water at him lightly grinning. "Who said I feared you? I find you quite interesting and friendly."She said winking and brushing hair from her face. "Fears are usually irrational and silly. Did you know that."She was fidgeting again she knew it ad the water wasn't calming her at all. She sighed pushing her feet around in the water happily all the same.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Zeke smiled "Who say that you feared me? You said most fear you as the child of Poseidon, whist other fear me as a child of Hades." Zeke stood taller, to his full six foot two inch height. He pulled off his loose button up outer shirt, then his t-shirt, and his black jeans to reveal a pair of swim trunks with a stylized skull on the left leg.

"Not all fear are unreasonable. Although most phobias have little to no reason." Zeke said as walked into the lake. As he floated farther into the lake a raven flew down from the trees and grabbed his clothes and flew back to the nearest tree. "Although 'friendly' is not usually the way people describe me."
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Issy watched as he fell into the lake in intrest. She regained he focus by shaking her head. "Uh yeah..."She said cursing under her breath in english, she thought of his last remark carefully. "You've been friendly to me I think your a friendly person but nobody want to talk to you because of your father.."She nodded lightly knowing thats how it was a Poseidon wasn't known for being terrible but people didn't care to know Isobel. "I like knowing you..."She said treading water.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Zeke floated loving the cool water. "Friendly, huh? TO be honest I don't know if I'm friendly." Zeke said as he just floated with the current. "I've always been alone, and part of me wants that. Part of me want to be away from everyone, so that the darkness in me has no target." Zeke said in an almost hypnotic trance, talking more to the stars than anyone else. "Power corrupts. And mine, it has this pull, that makes me want more. And to be honest that scares me." Zeke continued to talk without really thinking.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Issy listened to Zeke compelled to his speech, Power was one of her flaws she had learned not fatal like her pride but it was up there. She watched a Zeke slipped into saying what was really on his mind instead of guarding his speech like she knew he did. "You are friendly Zeke, Everybody is when they want to be.."She said knowing she could be pretty mean a lot of the time too."You just have to be friendly more often!"Isobel said cheerfully swimming into the lake a bit now.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Zeke realized that he just had a huge lapse in his guard. He sighed and righted himself. "So you heard about me, how about you talking your self?" Zeke pulled himself up on the dock and lit a fire on the shore. He pulled out some cups, bottles of water, and hot cocoa powder, and started to make some hot chocolate. He also began making Smores, and looked at Isobel and asked "Want some?"
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Isobel looked up nodding at him before climbing out of the lake shivering. "About me...I yearn for power but my pride is everything for me...I want to be liked but nobody wants to look at me because I'm so reserved....I have to keep myself around people I have that fear of being alone I came home and found my mother and sister dead and ended up here where I surrounded myself by people and I hate being in the dark..it scares me yet here I am!"She smiled at Zeke still shivering in the cold.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Fear or dislike of the Dark. Why? He thought to himself. "Mind telling me whats wrong with the Dark?" Zeke asked standing and staring into the darkest parts of the forest. Darkness, few, almost no one can understand the glow and shine of the Darkness. Why does everyone think of the dark as evil. He hated when he meeting people when the first thing of him they see is his shadow travel.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Issy thought she wasn't as afraid of the dark as she used to be.Darkness meant being alone and she hated that."Darkness is one of my irrational fears really...Darkness means being alone and I am an isolophobic so being alone is a bad idea..."She then thought. "Darkness is when I used to be scared when I ran from home."She smiled lightly still shivering as she grabbed her blanket.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Zeke sigh. He couldn't help it, they way people felt about the dark, he unconsciously connected it to how they thought of him. "I'm sorry if I come off as a bit standoffish when it comes to what people think of the Dark. After learning my parentage I began feeling like I myself am part of the dark." As he said this he felt as if the shadows were almost embracing him. "Most think of the dark and shadows as evil. Because of my parentage most people connect me with the darkness and honestly I connect myself with it to. Due to this connection most people consider me evil and treat me as such." Zeke said as he sat back down.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Isobel giggled lightly sitting closer to him. "How many times must I tell you, you do not scare me...You are not evil...You are friendly."She felt like she was explaining this to a small child but could understand why he was feeling like this. She smiled brightly at him "though I must admit you are one of the more peculiar people I've ever met but I like it."She smiled at him softly her teeth chattering as she wrapped the blanket closer to her the fire starting to warm her all the same.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Zeke laughed, not his usual chuckle, but a true laugh. "Peculiar? Friendly? Hahaha I must admit that you are the most peculiar girl that I have ever met." He saw that she was a bit cold. Personally Zeke never felt much cold but he just put that to the whole 'Child of Hades' thing. Zeke focus some energy on the fire barely making it warmer. He stopped sighing, "I still can pull that trick off. Sorry." Instead Zeke threw another log on the fire and stocked it, spreading the coals letting them giving off more heat. "I may not be able to do it with energy, but I can still make a great fire." Zeke said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Issy smiled at him brightly. "Why thank you Zeke I am quite peculiar I admit!"She laughed musically watching the fire grow. "I agree you can make a mean fire there."She winked at him the fire warming her more than here blanket. "I don't think I've ever asked how long you've been here...I've been here 7 years!"She said sorta cheerfully but not so much as her usual self.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Zeke smiled, he pulled his long sleeve down and showed the leather cord that was wrapped around his wrist, the cord held ten beads. "I got you beat by three years. Ten, long years." Zeke looked at her questioningly. "Why the twenty questions?" Zeke asked.

OOC: Ugh, Sorry for the crappy post, I just got no juice.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Issy thought for a moment."Because I like you and want to get to know you."She said quietly letting the heat warm her waterlogged body."People that like each other tend to ask questions about each other for the chance to get to know them."She smiled softly leaning over to her bag and grabbing the long sleeved oversized orange camp shirt tugging it over her head."Ten years is a long time.."She said imagining herself at camp for that long. "Favorite food? Mine is tacos!"Isobel said smiling brighter at Zeke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)   Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow night at the lake. (Dave)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next