Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) Empty
PostSubject: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 pm

~ James Liam Carter ~

The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) Tumblr_lzax956Xbb1r26j3ao1_500

James ran a hand over his perfect hair, having just sprayed about a whole bottle of hair-spray on it to keep it neat and tidy. He still wearing what had been ealier; a baseball jersey, chinos and Vans even if he had changed his camp shirt to one that said 'Milf' in big letters on the front.

James walked up the hill with his hands in the pockets of his chinos, looking around quickly before walking out of the entrance to camp, leaning against one of the near-by trees. He put both his earbuds in his ears, listening to 'Ghost of you' by My Chemical Romance as he waited.

He checked the time on the screen of his iPod, hoping that Tori hadn't blown him off. That would hurt. Hurt a lot, which was weird considering that they had only met a few hours ago. His shook his weird emotions away, closing his eyes as he waited for her.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) Torimi
* VICTORIA ELIZABETH DALY *

Daughter of Aletheia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tori had simply walked to the Hera Cabin and ran a brush through her brown hair. She set it in a messy bun, with a few strands loose. Her silver bobby pins glittered in the sunlight. Tori was about to leave, when her fellow cabin mates stopped her. "Tori? Where are you going?" one asked. Tori's face got flushed, and they knew they had found something to talk about. The two girls talked for a few moments, before the daughter of Aletheia could make it out of there.

Tori didn't need to check the clock, she was late. The twenty minutes she was supposed to take before their little trip, turned into about a half an hour. Tori ran up the hill , her pink converse getting stained with mud on the way. "Oh my gosh James, I'm so sorry I'm late!" she said, quickly feeling very guilty.

Tori looked at her feet. "My cabin mates, they were real pains." she explained. Hopefully James wouldn't press more questions. She really didn't want to explain the conversation she just had with her "friends" to him. It would really embarrass herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.polyvore.com/tori/set?id=44167726

Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:51 am

James pulled out an earbud just as Tori apoligised and he pushed off the tree, standing up tall and straight. He smiled widely down at her, showing a set of bright white teeth. "No...it's fine. Chill." He rolled his eyes slightly, noticing how stressed out Tori seemed to be.

If she was going to continue to seem stresssed out on the 'expedition', then James wouldn't be able to kick back and have some fun. That's what leaving camp was for - kicking back. At camp, he was haunted by the string of ex-girlfriends that were angry at him for using and dumping them, he had Chiron always bothering him and his siblings weren't a walk in the park either.

Blinking, he broke away from his thoughts, his blue gaze fixing on Tori once more. He raised an eyebrow at her. "What's wrong?" He asked her, tilting her chin up gently to look at him instead of down at her feet, and instantly regretting it as he knew she would have a go at him.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:55 am

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori took a deep breath, feeling really stupid."Just relax..." she told herself. Tori felt James' hand gently pushed her head up. She took a tiny step back, and brushed a strand of her chocolate brown hair. Tori's eyes met his for a quick second, before she heard something something from the bushes. She internally groaned, hoping it wasn't a monster, they weren't even out of camp yet!

She looked at the bushes, and saw a red head, with large ears come out. A soft smile struck her face. It was a fox, her fox to be exact. This fox had followed her to camp, and now, here was Sneakers! Tori had named him Sneakers because he had white feet, hence "sneakers"."Sneakers! Come here boy!" She said, smiling. Tori hadn't seen her "pet" in a while.

She got on her knees as the fox walked to her, and she pet it. Tori was really smiling now, she almost was thinking Sneakers was gone, and not coming back.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 am

James jumped slightly as the bushes russled so he was a tad bit...shocked when a fox emerged from the folige. He blinked, a little bit confused. Did Tori attract stray animals? Because if she did, then that would get old fast.

"Um....what the hell?" James asked quickly, his accent turning from English to American accidently, a habit of his. At least it was less...awkward. James was still a little hurt though that Tori could touch an animal, but not him without feeling disgusted.

Bang! My muse was just shot and has died :(
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori looked at at James with a smile. The fox looked at James as well, with it's big eyes. "You're not weirded out are you?" Tori asked, her smile slowly fading. She read his expression, first shock, then a hint of sadness. Slowly she stood up, with Sneakers still at her heels. "He's giving me funny looks..." the fox said in her mind. Tori almost jumped. She didn't know the fox and her shared an empathy link. Looking at James she gave a shrug.

"We are pretty similar..." Tori said slowly. "His mom died in a trap, his father is gone. We're both orphans." she said, sighing. "Yes, and?" the fox cub said again. "I first saw Sneakers after I left camp the first time, he's followed me ever since." Tori explained. "Pft, you needed protection." Sneakers said, laughing. To Tori, it sounded like he was coughing, even if she knew he was laughing.

*Look at Sneakers xD*
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:25 pm

James continued to stare at Tori, dumbfounded. He cleared his throat, looking from 'Sneakers' to Tori, before back at the fox. "Honestly...I am pretty weirded out." James told her, looking around slightly to make sure another random animal wasn't going to burst from the trees. Like a panda. Or a penguin.

James looked at the animal as it started to mmake a weird sound, not moving other than stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Is it going to follow us around everywhere?" He asked, not really a huge fan of the idea of walking down the streets of New-York....followed by a fox.

James' blue eyes looked back up at Tori, making eye contact with her to actually show her how weird he had found this.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori smiled a little, it was really fake-looking. She really didn't feel like smiling in that moment. "Great, now he thinks you're weird. That's minus another friend for Tori, which makes negative one..." she thought sadly. As if reading her mind, and listen to James, Sneakers left without a sound. "Um, no then, he won't follow us." Tori said slowly, looking at his red tail disappearing into the woods again.

She brushed her hair out of her face again, it was getting in her face. "So..." Tori said, looking at James. "To New York?" she asked, raising one of her eyebrows. She felt like after they got to New York, they would talk more.

* Did your muse shoot mine? Cuz it's dead....*
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:50 am

James watched the little fox go before looking back at Tori, smiling suddenly with dimples at his cheeks. "Yes. Let's go." He confirmed, starting to walk out of the woods, considering the fact that he didn't have a car was a bummer. Well, if he did have one, he wasn't seventeen so he couldn't legally drive it. The law was for chumps.

"Um...you're not going to be approuched by animals everywhere we go, are you?" He asked her, his hands deep inside the pockets of his chinos, looking over at Tori. Because that would be...awkward.

Probably, my muse is mentally unstable. And seems to have commited suicide.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 am

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori nodded and followed him as they walked. Right now, she wished that she was a year older and could drive. But no, she only had her learner's permit. Which meant she could only drive with an adult in the car. How stupid was that? Needless to say, Tori didn't drive much.

Hearing James' voice breaking the silence that had formed, she shook her head. "No, that was a one time thing, don't worry." Tori assured him. She hadn't expected her little friend to follow her into camp, and pop out just then. Sneakers could be random like that.

*Oh, we might want to get our muses check out at a hospital.*
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 pm

James nodded, feeling the awkwardness seeming to creep up on them and wanted it to dissapear. He didn't like feeling uncomfortable and cleared his throat, wishing, again, that they had a car.

"I wasn't worrying, but okay." James smiled, his blue eyes resting on her once more. "I'm glad that it's just the two of us." He told her before finally proccessing, a minute later, what he had actually said and what it sounded like.

He flailed hsi arms around. "I mean...not that I like you like that or anything....it's just that wouldn't it be better if it was just two of us...I wasn't being...Oh Gods." He gave up his feeble attempts on making it better, hitting his forehead with his hand and feeling stupid.

Maybe they could share a ward at a mental institution
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori nodded first thing her said, laughing a little. Of course, no weakness for an Ares kid. He would never, ever worry... sure. The second thing James said made Tori stop walking. "What?" she almost said. Tori looked up at him, confused, very very confused. She didn't think this was a date thing... was it? The demigod was confused.

Then when James stopped as well, and then began to look like he was having a panic attack.Then he said he didn't like her... "Ouch..." she thought. Tori couldn't help but to look at him, both in confusion, and enjoying the fact that he was flipping out. James never did strike her as the type to panic, yet he kind of was.

Tori couldn't help but laugh slightly. "So you don't like me? Ouch." she said, rolling her eyes. Tori could tell that what he said was just a slip of the tongue, and he didn't mean it in that kind of way. It was completely understandable.

*Maybe, they could have bonding time XD*
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:09 pm

James groaned, starting to walk again frustratedly, his blue eyes clouded with inpatience at himself. He was a son of Ares after all; he did get angry at himself and others pretty quickly, even if somehow he wasn't taking it out on Tori. Wow.

"I do like you. I like you a lot and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry." James sighed, turning his head to face Tori as he played with his shell necklace distractedly, his ADD forcing him to do something.

Yeah. Maybe they could become best friends xD
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori stood still for a moment, seeing James make his way ahead. He seemed frustrated, making her regret giving him a hard time. Tori jogged for a minute, to catch up to him. She wasn't surprised that he was upset, after all he was a son of Ares; they were kind of known for doing that.

Tori gave him a sympathetic smile and nodded."It's okay, I knew you didn't mean it like that." she said, looking at him. Tori gave him a quick smile before turning her attention back to their path.

* Yes! The bestest of friends xD*
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:55 pm

James turned his head to smile at Tori, trying to lighten the mood once more. He exhaled noisily out of his mouth, trying to think. They continued to walk for a few minutes longer before he heard the growing noise of cars and he knew that they were nearly there.

James watched as two large, beefy men stepped into the path, walking towards them. James rested a protective hand on Tori's back without thinking, pulling her along lightly, close to him.

James sighed with relief when the two men completely ignored them but kept his hand on Tori's back; not thinking. "So, where do you want to go?" James asked her, smiling again.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori returned his smile, feeling like a weight was just set on her shoulders, but now was long gone. As soon as she heard a horn honk loudly about ten times, she knew they were nearing their destination : New York. Her brown eyes glistened in the sun's rays while she looked, seeing New York. Her home town. A smile crossed her face, then vanished, seeing two huge men walking at them.

Tori felt a hand on her back, but didn't reject it. She was thinking they were monsters for a second, but they just passed the two demigods without a word. Tori could feel James pulling her along softly. She smiled to herself, happy to have someone by her that actually cared for her safe-keeping.

After the men passed, Tori let out a sigh of relief, not knowing she had been holding her breath. Hearing James ask her a question, Tori shrugged. "Well, I don't really care." she said at first, then thought. This was her turf, she should know it, and she did."There's a movie theater about two blocks down... um. There's a candy shop to the left and 6 blocks down... and loads of other stuff." Tori said with a nod.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 pm

James smiled at Tori, glad that they were still both good. James thought for a moment before shrugging. "Do you want to catch a movie? I can't be bothered walking too far." He admitted sheepishly, going slightly red.

As they continued to walk, James kept his hand on Tori's back, having a strange need to keep her safe. He didn't really understand it. He continued to throw her smiles everytime he looked over at her, trying not to bumb into anyone as they came onto the busy streets.

"It's every British persons nightmare to get lost in New-York. Look after me?" James asked cutely, smiling adorably at the last bit.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori smiled, seeing him turn a little red. She kept on walking, seeing all of the streets in her younger days. They crossed a park, where a big oak tree stood. She smiled at it, remembering climbing it many times. Tori almost stopped to watch the kids play, just for a moment, and let the memories wash over her again. But no, she kept walking, pretending not to care.

Tori smiled and looked at James, hearing his comment. "Hm... okay." she said, returning his smile. "I didn't know you were scared of New York, James." Tori said, teasing him. She laughed a little bit after that statement, hoping he would do the same.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 am

James laughed softly, shaking his head and rolling his eyes at Tori. "Yes. I am scared of New York. Course I am. It's only because you all drive on the wrong side of the road and, if I was alone, I would probably forget that and get run over." He told her, looking around slightly at his surroundings. James wasn't sure what he thought about New York; whether he liked it or not.

Growing up in London meant that he already knew how to handle frustrating traffic and know what it's like for the streets to be busy. He knows what it's like to deal with annoying tourists from every corner of the world that thinks it's fascinating to stop and take hundreds of photos of a British red letter-box. But, this was on another level. And he wasn't sure whether he liked it or not.

Looking over at Tori, he raised an eyebrow as he watched her looking around as if she was already familiar with the place. "Where you brought up here?" He asked her. Mentally, he noticed how he was always asking her the questions, but she wasn't returning them. He was pleased that that was the case.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori laughed at his reply to her question. She didn't know which side was the "right" side of the road to drive on, but she was used to this way. The New York way, after all, it was part of her blood. Tori sighed and looked at the sidewalk, seeing various faces crossing their paths, seeming like this was their everyday route. A part of her wanted to be like them and live in New York, but her more powerful part told her that she was a demigod, and always would be.

They kept walking, and Tori almost stopped,actually, she did stop. She was the orphanage where she was kept in her younger years. Granted she ran away, but those memories still haunted her. The fact that most kids got adopted, and new meaner ones would come in made her feel sick to her stomach. The head mistress of the orphanage was no better. Mrs. Pig, or Pig-face as most of the orphans called her, was a child-hater. She tortured Tori with her comments about how Tori was useless, and lame. Her word still rung in the 15 year old's ears, "You're such a lazy girl, no wonder no one wants you.". Tori shivered a little bit, suddenly very cold.

Wrapping her arms in a crossed position in front of her chest, Tori heard James ask her a question. She nodded simply in reply. "Yeah... right down the alley actually." Tori said, her voice shaky. She was glad that the movie theater was right around the bend.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 am

James looked over at Tori when she said the last bit, frowning as he tried to figure out what she meant. Then he remembered when she had told him about growing up in an orphange. That must have been hard. "Gods. I'm sorry. I didn't know it must have been that bad for you."

Another thing James noticed was that he had completely opened himself up to Tori. Granted, she didn't know about his past other than growing up in England and moving to America but she didn't know the reasons behind it. No, James meant that he was showing her the real side of him. Not to arrogant, cocky, idiot side that others saw. No, the sensitive and caring side. Only one other Demigod had been shown that side, and he was getting hurt because of it.

This is why he never chose to show anyone; he was always hurt. People hurt him everyday emotionally. But being James; son of Ares, it meant that he had to hurt them all instead. He had to have a different girlfriend everyday, and fight, and go on stupid, violent errands for his brothers. He was tired of being that kind of person; but he didn't think he would be able to stop.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 am

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori shrugged. It wasn't his fault, and she really didn't understand why he was the one apologizing. Tori say anything though. She kept walking, and remembered that the movie theater was just around the corner. "This way." Tori said absentmindedly, turning to face the entrance to the theater.

The theater wasn't big, like some were. This one only had a single screen, and there fore could only have play one movie at a time. It had neon around the edges of a sign, showing what movies were playing. Right now, it was just the Hunger Games nonstop. That made enough sense, considering that movie was supposed to be great. She stopped and turned to James. "Do you wanna see the Hunger Games?" Tori asked, raising an eyebrow.

Tori, herself, hadn't read the books. Then again, it wasn't like she was going to read them either. She knew that they were okay, and she also knew the basic plot of the movie. Tori just didn't know if James would want to see it, so she asked.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:37 am

James was suprised that a New-York cinema could be this small. Then again, there were probably hundreds of movie theatres all over New-York. They couldn't all be big. James nodded at The Hunger Games suggestion. It was meant to be a rip off of Battle Royale, and that film was epic so it must be okay.

"Awesome. Here." James reached into his back pockety, pulling out his wallet. He opened it up, finding Drachmas, Pounds and Dollars. He pulled out a wad of Dollars, splitting them between them both. There was a lot of money there, but he obviously trusted Tori.

"I'll get the pop-corn. You buy the tickets." He smiled at her, running a hand over his hair before turning on his heel, making his way to the refreshments counter, attempting to read the signs as he waited but not being able to due to his dyslexia.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 am

Daughter of Aletheia

Tori's eyes widened, seeing James pull out a lot of cash. About three different kinds of money. She opened her palm as he set the money it there. The demigod smiled at him and walked over to the ticket booth. "Two adult tickets please." Tori said to the man in the booth. He nodded and pulled out two tickets. Giving him the cash, she took the tickets, and still held onto the rest of the money.

Tori was walking over to the concessions, when someone ran into her. "Watch it!" she hissed, turning to see who it was. Her eyes widened as she looked at the person. She knew this person. "Well, nice to see you too Tori." the boy said, chuckling. Tori backed up a step, trying to remember him. Then it hit her, his name was Ace, they were friends before Tori left New York.

Then again, Ace had changed quite a bit. Tori used to he taller than him, but not anymore. "Ace?" she asked, still not thinking it was him. He nodded, shoving his hand in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 am

James took about three minutes to eventually get to the front of the cue, where he ordered a large tub of pop-corn. Leaning forward with his elbows resting on the counter-top, james waited for the young waitress to finish. "Thanks, love." He winked when he was done as a joke, taking the money back before looking for Tori...
...and finding her with some...guy.

James turned suspicious, walking slowly up to them anyway. He stopped at Tori's side as looking at the guy, about the same size as him. "Uh...hey. Who's this?" James asked curiously, trying to erase any other emotion from his voice. Like jealousy? Why would there be jealousy in James' voice? He was James; the player. He didn't get jealous. Right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )   The Englishman in New-York ( MOON ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Englishman in New-York ( MOON )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next