Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Night in New York [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

A Night in New York [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Newborn life replacing all of us, changing this fable we live in.
No longer needed here so where do we go?
Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of death?
But girl, what if there is no eternal life?
A Night in New York [PRIVATE] Tumblr_ljxdq2rcI21qclf0do1_500
I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time.
But I'm too young to worry.
Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost.
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over.
| B E N J A M I N | R E E D |
| S O N | O F | T H A N A T O S |

Benjamin was nothing but tired. Not even the crisp afternoon air, or the sun's beaming rays of light could keep him awake. His eyelids dropped again and again, though he did his best to keep himself from falling asleep. Why, just this morning he had doused his head in cold water, but even that approach couldn't cease the reign of his exhaustion. He shouldn't have stayed out so late with Essie. If he didn't, he would of had a good night's sleep to replenish his energy from the previous day, and he would be more prepared for his date.

Ben looked down at himself. Instead of clad in his usual orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, he wore a black shirt that outlined his muscles, and above that accompanied a black, leather jacket. His jeans went well with the two, and his plain, black shoes were polished thoroughly. Yep, he was definietly not for a date. He probably would've have looked gothic or emo to most mortals, and not some seventeen year old boy that was about to go out into town with his girlfriend. These thoughts didn't faze Ben, however. He was confident that Essie would accept him for the way he was, but even he felt something stir up inside of him. He wanted to look good, but he didn't have the time to change into something formal after heading out of the showers. Schedules were tight at camp nowadays.

Waiting near the road past Half-Blood Hill, the son of Thanatos leaned against his parked, silver convertible. After he and Essie agreed they would go out for lunch, Ben immediately jumped into action--driving to the nearest car wash and cleaning the inside and out. He wasn't sure how long it had been since he got on the road--a few months at least--but the car wasn't in great condition, which led him to getting it cleaned this morning. The outside shell shined brightly; not a speck of grime was visable to the naked eye. The inside of the vehicle was the same--spotless, accompanied with a fresh scent of that new car smell.

Clearly, the teenager had done his best to make himself look presentable. It wasn't like he had ever gone on a date before, because this was, in fact, his first. When he came to camp, he never really had a chance to 'woo' a girl. The training kept piling itself up on him, which left him no time to socialize at all, really, nor did he want to. He always excluded himself; keeping his poker face the only facial expression he ever exposed to the public. Benjamin always had that soft side of him, and he was afraid that if he let that show, he would be hurt immensely. Emotions were a sign of weakness. He must not show weakness.

As he saw Essie trailing down the hill, Ben's 'show no emotions' motto was completely shattered. His jaw almost dropped, though he reminded himself not to become too attatched to her... no matter how much he wanted to. If something bad were to happen, and this relationship did end up taking a bad turn, he didn't want himself to grow too upset about it--as in, not being able to sleep for days, or even starving himself because of the depression.

Keep it together, Ben, he reminded himself.

"I- I'm glad yo- you came," he said in awe. Was she really here with him? Was this all a dream? Did someone actually keep a promise, actually show up to an event that they both planned, especially a date with him? "You look... nice."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Essie had actually taken not the much to get ready, but she was still slightly tired, it probably wasn't the best idea to stay out with Ben the entire night, but she didn't care. She loved being out there with him. She had brushed her hair so it wasn't tangled from not really caring. Her hair was tied slightly behind her, she knew how windy it would get there. She was wearing a simple dark green tee-shirt that was perfectly fitting, and said, 'Music=Life' she was wearing black skinny jeans. Her siblings had looked at her weirdly, but she didn't care. She came down to the hill and bit her lip as she saw Ben. How could she be this nervous? She smiled at him amused. How had he accepted to go on a date with,her she put some loose hair behind her ear. She looked at him, he looked really nice. She could tell that he had put effort into getting ready. She really didn't know any other guy that would look this nice for her, she didn't know why she was so special. For someone as understanding as Ben, she didn't deserve him, but she knew that he had his reason to be with her, she just didn't see why. She hoped he understood why she liked him, well, she liked him a lot.

she finally managed to get some words out, "Thanks. So do you." she smiled at him, slightly turning pink at his compliment.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Benjamin took a short moment to observe Essie. Her style of clothing calmed his nerves. He wouldn't have to worry about being ridiculed for what he was wearing, and more importantly, she didn't seem to mind what he was wearing. Maybe the Fates were on his side for once.

He turned to his car and opened the door to the passenger's seat.
"Go ahead and step in." He tried to act like a gentleman, but he had grown a little inexpreienced over the years, especially with the fact that he had been avoiding most of the campers at Camp Half-Blood.

After Essie took her place in the car, Benjamin got into his seat as well, starting the engine with the turn of his key.
"Is there anywhere specific you would like to go?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Essie smiled at him, he was being so sweet. She thought for a moment, "Can we go just to Times Square?" she asked looking at him. She had only been there once in her life, and that was the one time it seemed as if her mother cared for her. Times Square was a happy memory place for her.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:07 pm

After Essie gave her answer, Benjamin started for New York. Along the way, they passed beautiful scenes of nature that he just couldn't ignore. The tranquility in nature brought him peace; it was about the only that could, other than Essie, of course.

They finally reached New York after a few hours of traveling. Ben parked his car on a road a few blocks form Times Square, and then took Essie by the hand; first leading her out of his car, and walking her down to the park.

"I don't think I've ever been here before," he stated. "My family didn't do much traveling."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Essie watched out the windows as they reached New York. She smiled widely, looking at Ben. "Neither did I..." she bit her lip. "This was a once in a lifetime trip for me, I've only been to Times Square one other time in my life." she admitted, holding his hand, not really noticing. She couldn't contain her happiness to be there. She looked with wide eyes at the place she barely remembered. She bit her lip in excitement, she knew that anyone could tell that she was really, really happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night in New York [PRIVATE]   A Night in New York [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night in New York [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: