Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

So the darkness I became (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

So the darkness I became (Open)  Empty
PostSubject: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 am

Felicity scanned the empty Amphitheater one last time before pulling out her guitar and settling down on one of the benches close to the fire pit. She hadn't played in a while, and her fingers were itching to start. Carefully she began to strum one of the many songs she had learned by heart. Soon, the chords to Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine floated through the open theater. Not wanting to be late for dinner she skipped to the chorus and began to sing.

"And in the dark,
I can hear your heartbeat, I try to find the sound,
But then it stopped.
And I was in the darkness
So darkness I became.
The stars, the moon,
They have all been blown out.
You left me in the dark.
No dawn, No day
I'm always in this twilight.
In the shadow of your heart."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Reena was wondering around the camp groungs, trying to explore and see everything.

"Wow", she whispered when she saw the amphitheater. It looked like something off the history channel.
Then agaon almost everything here did. She heard the melodies of music and stopped to listen.
Where had she heard that song?, she wondered.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Felicity paused for a moment, listening hard. A few faint footsteps sounded at the far end of the Amphitheater.
"H-hello?" Felicity asked to the dark, letting her hands rest on the strings of her guitar.
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

She had been spotted. The demigoddess walked up to the amphitheater into the view of the girl on stage. In a small voice she said

"Hello, I liked your singing", she complemented. "I was wondering what was the song you are singing?"
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 am

Felicity stood frozen in her seat, her eyes wide.
"Um.. t-thank you." She finally stuttered out. "It was Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine." Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, she practically glued her eyes to the floor.
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Reena looked around nervously. She was wondering if she had some how disturbed the girl or if she came at a bad time.

"Your welcome", she replied softly.

" Am I a bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am

"No! Not at all." Felicity quickly responded. "I'm just not used to people hearing my music, let alone complimenting it." The musician half-smiled, her hair falling over her eyes. "I'm Felicity, by the way."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Two shy and quiet people usually don't make a good conversation. Reena tried to break the awkward silence by asking her a question.

""How long have you been playing?" She gave a friendly smile to encourage the other girl
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Felicity laughed slightly, happy at the break in the silence.
"As long as I can remember. My father taught at a music boarding school, so that's where I grew up. I guess it also kind of helps that my mother is the muse of music."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:25 pm

"Your mother and father must be prroud of you" he assurded her. Reena walked up to the stage and got a better look at the girl. Then a thought hit her.

"If it's not too much trouble would you play a song for me?" She asked in a polite tone.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Felicity's eyes grew wide. She wanted to shy away, but this girl was so nice...
"Um, ok. Why not?" Felicity half smiled "What song?"
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 pm

"It's from the 60's and I'm not sure that you'ver heard" Reena put her hand on her chin in a thoughtful manner.

"It's called 'One tin soilder' and I know that many people have sang it " I dreamy smile came over her features.

"It is my father's and I favorite song."
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 pm

"Yeah, um I know the song." Felicity smiled, remembering when she had stolen her father's old CD and listened to it non-stop for the day. She slowly began to strum on her guitar, and her voice joined soon after.

"Listen, children, to a story
That was written long ago,
'Bout a kingdom on a mountain
And the valley-folk below.

On the mountain was a treasure
Buried deep beneath the stone,
And the valley-people swore
They'd have it for their very own.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 pm

""Oh, thank you that was wonderful!" That song always made her emotional and it brought back memories of her father. Forgetting the other girl's shyness, Reena gave the girl a big bear hug. However, Reena's power was to make people calm or relax by touch.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Felicity, despite the sudden bear hug, felt oddly calm.
"Your welcome!" She laughed, glad that she had learned to control her voice talent in time for this. Usually, Reena or anyone that had listened to her sing would be fast asleep but she had learned to master that power. Hugging the other girl back carefully, she realized this must be how the other girls always felt. Felicity finally had a friend.
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Reena let Felicity go. She wanted to make conversation and a list of topics ran through her mind. An idea came to her.

"So how long have you been in camp?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 pm

"4 years. I wasn't chased by a monster or anything. My dad just kind of sent me here." Felicity said, not meeting Reena's gaze. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Reena's eyes went dark as memories of the attack on her family surfaced inside her.

"I just arrived here", her voice was very shakey.

"A monster attacked my family and I nearly lost them." She kept her eyes to the ground as the feelings of shame and helplessness rub like salt into her still healing wounds.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Felicity's eyes grew wide, her hand flying to her mouth.
"I am so sorry Reena." Felicity finally managed, turning towards the girl. "That must have been terrifying."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Reena snapped out if it when she saw Felicity's face. She gave her fellow demigoddess a weak smile.

"It was scary, but I shouldn't have brought it up. I shouldm't burden anyone with my problems, especially people I just met." She gave a slight bow.

"I'm very sorry."
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 pm

"It's no problem!" Felicity smiled warmly. "I know holding in your problems can..." Felicity struggled for a moment to find the right word. "It can take a lot out of you."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:00 am

The strawberry blonde paused for a moment as Felicity's words came over her. Without warning she gave the girl another bear hug that was much stronger than before.

"Thank you." she whispered in her ear.

"No creature can keep things inside them without suffering from it." She rubbed Eutrepe's daughter's hair and said

"I'm going to make an othering to your mother at the mess hall tonight."
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Felcity was shocked by the bear hug, but returned it at once. She grinned at Reena's words, nodding her head in comfort.
"Thank you Reena. I've never met someone who cared where I came from, let alone made an offering to my mother." Felcity paused, hugging Reena tighter for just a moment.
"You're amazing."
Back to top Go down
RedEarth

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Reena blushed.

"I wouldn't say that," she whispered. She moved back a little.

"It's just good to be thankful and respectful to friends, that's all."

"What kind of offerings does your mother like anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Felicity broke the hug, moving back as well. She shrugged, still smiling.
"Not sure. Either way, she'll be honored."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the darkness I became (Open)    So the darkness I became (Open)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So the darkness I became (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next