Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:53 pm

OOC: Dyingbreath which one of your characters is the martial artist?
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 pm

OOC: Shimoko. Yellow. Why?
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

"It's nice to see you too Shimoko. Go ahead and sense I'll be seeing you two fight this will be both of your test. Good luck for both of you" I say sitting down. I wasn't tire of course though I really wanted to see this.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

OOC: I read the profiles of every character I interact with so I can get an idea of what to expect from them. FYI Brandon's physical attributes are peak human too, and he can get adrenaline rushes that boost his strength and endurance into the slightly superhuman range.

Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:04 pm

"I actually wanted to talk to you about the whole thing before I consider joining," I say to him, "I will ask you after this is over. I have already passed your test before anyway."
I turn back to the other kid, "You say you are skilled barehanded. Martial arts or mere brawling?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 pm

"Muay Thai. Since age six," Brandon responded, already preparing to get in the zone for the ensuing match. "Classify that how you will."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:10 pm

"Is that all?" I ask him politely. I was centering my chi, focusing my zen while I talked.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Brandon took a breath. The way he saw it, this guy could either be really cocky or really skilled. It was always smart to prepare for the latter.
"I also have experience with karate, some judo, some Krav Maga."
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:14 pm

"How have you pass this test?" I asked silently. Watching the fight I followed there tactics. These guys are not as merely skilled as me though after time they will.

OOC: How have you already passed this test.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:20 pm

"We have fought before remember?" I remind him, "I lasted well over a minute before you left. I am sure you have improved since then though so I suppose that is not saying that I can pass it again though."
I turn back to my opponent. "Those are some pretty varied styles," I say to him, "it sounds like you have experience. What is your name?"

OOC: so are you an avid cracked reader or have you simply heard about those through another medium?
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 pm

"Ah I remember..." I said sadly. I thought of Chibi and as I did I felt a warm tear drop from my eyes. Wiping it fast so nobody would see. "Well trust me I have improved so much and this match will test Brandon's skill" I say looking back down. I miss you Chibi.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 pm

"You may have first move if you like...Brandon," I say politely. Bowing to my opponent.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Brandon took his assault rifle and pistols off his person, placing them on the ground. Then he got into a fighting stance, raising his fists and taking a breath. For a moment he felt cautious-after all, his opponent could be by far the most skilled he'd ever faced. Then he reverted to his usual self and attacked with a fast and furious flurry of punches.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 pm

I block each one with the fluid grace that only a handful of men on this earth could match. My training had been in martial arts without names. The truest form. I had studied in Tibet, under buddhist monks, for 10 years, and I trained every day since then.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:21 pm

I sat down on one of the benches in the arena. I began to wonder who would get in and who wouldn't. Returning my staff back into a silver capsule, I placed it back in my pocket. Then, I returned my attention to the battle.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Damn it. This guy is good, Brandon thought, though he didn't let up. He began to really vary his combos, mixing quick left jabs with bigger right hooks and throwing the occasional elbow and short kick in. Brandon's attacks seemed tiring, but he was actually exerting himself within his limits. His limits were simply quite high.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm

After a short while of analyzation I am ready for the fight. I redirect a hard right hook. I give a small, weak jab to his now exposed ribcage. I would try not to hurt him too much.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Brandon felt the blow, but due to his exceptional endurance it barely affected him physically at all. Rather, the jab's effects were mainly psychological-Brandon knew that he had left himself open and in a real fight could have been hit hard or even dropped.
He decided to change fighting styles, retreating a step and attacking with mainly kicks instead of punches.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm

The kicks are even easier to dodge. While they have more power they take longer to utilize and a skilled body reader could easily tell beforehand that you were going to kick. I simply sidestep a kick and redirect the energy of the kick up, beyond his head, unbalancing him.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 pm

"Damn it!" Brandon stepped back again. He snorted in frustration. For all his skill, everything his mom and senseis had taught him, it looked like he was well and truly outmatched here. It peeved him greatly.
Gotta pass this test. Have to show 'em I do mean business! But pure power does not seem to work against this guy-he's too good. Let's try endurance.
One of Brandon's best physical attributes was strength. The other was stamina, and he called on that now as he settled into a more controlled fighting style, delivering punches and chops at a moderate pace. This would improve his defense too, and hopefully get him to last at least sixty seconds.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 pm

He was slowing down. Trying to outlast me possibly. No matter, it was slower all the same and that was all I needed. With the speed of lighting I deliver a single two fingered blow to his sternum, stopping a miliimeter before I hit. It was a death blow but I had enough control to stop it just before it hit.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Brandon stopped. He realized where his opponent was about to hit him and swore. A fatal blow if it connected, even for someone as strong as himself.
Poor showing, Brandon. Freakin' poor. If that wasn't a minute yet...God! Why couldn't he do better and where the hell did this guy train at?
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:57 pm

I put my hand back to my sides and step back. I bow to him. "Or igato, Brandon-san." I say.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Brandon was taken aback. Hard to stay mad when the guy that just beat you bows to you.
He scratched his head, bowing back somewhat awkwardly. Then he spoke up. "Not sure I deserve a bow. I kinda sucked."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:03 pm

"I have been trained by some of the best martial artists in the world. My sensei had been training every day of his life since he was 3. 200 years of training every day. I am not even close to as skilled but I learned much." I say, "you have no need to feel bad. I would humble most fighters in martial arts."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next