Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Azn

Azn

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:57 pm

I walked into the arena and found a nice spot to sit. I placed signs around the camp for the tryouts and hope someone will come. Being the leader of this group I'll be taking them to different parts in the country to find monsters. The only thing these guys will have to do is last a minute in the ring with me. Lose or win it depends on there skill and endurance. Hopefully cunning and stealth as well. All those things I had though I wonder if it's what they had.I was only taking four plus me which is five.

Last edited by Pikachu on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

I'd seen the signs all around the camp. Joining this group would probably be more useful than taking part in the chaotic battles taking place at the camp. I arrived at the arena and saw another kid there. "You the guy making the monster hunting team?" I asked ready to give demonstration if he asked for one.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm

I ignored him for some effect. and as he was unguarded I pulled my sword in a flash and was at his neck. "In a battle you would've been dead" I said in all seriousness. I stared deep into his eyes and laughed. "Just kidding dude. Nice that you want to join.I need strength, brains, stealth, and someone with speed. You got any of those skills?" I said.
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 pm

I was caught a little off guard by the attack. To answer his question I pulled out my pick axe and threw it into a stuffed dummies head. "I'm strong," I say retrieving the weapon. "Great with any kind of machinery you can put in front of me, and I got this going on," I continue as I use a fire blast to incinerate a dummy. "Then again so does half the rest of my cabin," I tell him. "Names Steven Anthony, son of Hephaestus," I say introducing myself.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:30 pm

"Oooo son of Hephaestus. Well I'm Leo son of Poseidon and I'll be your leader in this group. Since you have strength all you have to do is last one minute in the ring with me. It's not going to be easy. Are you up for it?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 pm

"I think I can do a minute," I tell him confidently. This time I was already on my guard in case he tried to pull a fast one again. On a side note I figured it would be pretty cool to put Poseidon's water against Hephaestus' fire. "Ready when you are," I tell Leo as I get in a fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

I walked into the arena curious as to what all the posters about this monster hunting thing meant. As I strolled in, I noticed two campers already there. "Hello," I said, walking up to them, "Are either of you the leader of this monster hunting thing?" I reached into my pocket and felt my silver capsule, just incase either of them tried to pull a fast one. My silver capsule turned into my staff once activated, and as a daughter of Hecate I brought it everywhere. My mom is the goddess of magic, so I thought that a staff would be suitable to generate my magic through.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

I enter the arena but keep my distance. I would wait till Leo was done before I talked to him. He seemed to be have recovered from his injuries and was now leading a team to go hunting down monsters for a purpose which I have yet to determine. That was what I was here to ask him about.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 pm

"Looks like we got two more. I'm the leader. Names Leo son of Poseidon. If you could wait a minute I'll get to you guys." I say then looking at Steven. "Come at me".
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

"Okay then," I say as I run forward and swing my weapon at his head. At the same time I start analyzing him. The human body is well oiled machine. And like any of my siblings could tell anyone, every machine has a weak spot.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 pm

I saw his movements. and step forward. I blocked his attack from above and gave him a shove. 50 more seconds.
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:23 pm

As I was pushed away I shot a couple of fire balls at Leo's feet and rushed forward again swinging my Pick upward this time for easier defense.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 pm

I stood still and water rose from the ground blocking the fire balls. I saw the weapon getting close so I dodged it and jumped up. When I came back down I grabbed Steven's shirt and threw him down. I pointed my sword at his neck and said, "Wow your a challenge and great move with the fire balls. You passed!" I smiled.

"Girl with the staff come here. Okay so I'm looking for strength stealth, brains, and someone with speed. You got any of those skills." I asked.
Back to top Go down
Panama

Panama

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 pm

As I got up I winced a little. "Why does passing hurt?" I asked jokingly. I wasn't really hurt, just a bit tired. I smiled and sat down triumphantly. This Leo kid was tough. It'd be interesting to see how the rest of these kids did against him.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I pulled out my silver capsule and flung it in the air. It instantly transformed into an imperial gold staff, with gemstones of all the Olympian gods circled around the top. "My mother, Hecate, is the goddess of magic, so I might have strength and stealth." I stood there, and waited for his response; I remained on guard.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 pm

"That's good we need stealth. I threw my sword into the air and what came down was a silver staff painted in blue. I spun it around and pointed it at her saying, "Came at me."
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm

I whirled my staff in a circle above my head, and plummeted it into the ground. The ground shifted and crumbled. Then, the ground began to seperate; a dark glow of light appeared out of the edge. The darkness grew darker, and darker, then wrapped itself around Leo's arms and legs like whips. Grinning at my success, I asked: "How's that?"

Last edited by GoldenEagle on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Brandon jogged into the arena with his assault rifle slung over his shoulder. His .44 Magnum revolver and his Desert Eagle were in shoulder holsters, and his axe hung from his belt in aerosol can form.
"So this is where monster hunters are being recruited, huh?" he said.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm

"Yes," I respond politely. "But it is best not to disturb the fight. One member has already been recruited." I point out the person in question, "so there are only three spots left. You have to last a minute in the ring with Leo, from my understanding. Not an easy feat. He is quite skilled."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:28 pm

"Yeah?" Brandon said. "So am I. Plus I've got weapons and tactical experience he'll find quite useful. But I can wait my turn." He took a seat and studied the current fight.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 pm

"Make sure your confidence is well placed," I say to him wisely. It was something my old sensei used to teach me. He taught me many things.
Back to top Go down
Azn

Azn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:44 pm

I looked around the the darkness and was impressed. A shield of water burned off the darkness. I ran over and as I trusted my staff it was an inch away from her neck. " That is some handy magic and I might need it. Your in" I say turning my staff back into a sword. These guys are good, but there way to inexperienced. I might just need a sixth person depending on there skill. " Next person." I say thinking a bit.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 pm

I gesture to the new kid. Signalling for him to go first. I was patient. I could wait my turn.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Brandon got up and walked over to Leo. "Brandon Mathias, son of Ares reporting in. Heard you guys needed a crew to hunt monsters. As you can see, I can provide some variety in weapons," he said, gesturing to his guns. "And I can kick some ass both barehanded and armed."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Now this might be interesting after all. I walk up and say to Leo, "Hello Leo. It is good to see you again. With your permission may I test Brandon's mettle in your stead?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]   Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tryouts[Private only for monster hunters]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next