Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 am

I chuckled awkwardly. We kept walking for a little while, as the moon started to creep over the opposite side of the sky. It was pretty beautiful, having the sunset and the moon shine directly across from one another.
Then there was a growling sound from behind some trees to our right. "Crap." I said pulling out my knife.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Adin abruptly turned at the sudden sound. A shiver went down her spine. She automatically gripped the bracelet she wore on her left hand. After stroking her bracelet twice, it grew bigger, forming the shape of a golden bow and quiver containing three golden arrows. Her weapons gleamed in the moonlight, and Adin had to adjust the two jackets she was wearing to swing the quiver around her body. She hoped she wouldn't need to use her weapon though.

"Do... do you think we should go?" Adin whispered to Chris, already taking a small step back.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

"Yes.... Very... Very... Qui-" Is all he could say before the three wolves pounced out of the bush. One of them bounded on me and pushed me to the ground. I was holding it back with both hands as it attempted to gnaw off me face.
I tried to stab it, but my hand was squirming too much I was afraid of stabbing my own hand.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Adin was scared. What was she supposed to do? She didn't want to fire at the wolf pinning Chris down, afraid that she would hit Chris instead. The two remaining wolves started to advance. She loaded an arrow, her hands slightly trembling. She had three arrows, one for each wolf. Adin could not afford to miss. With this thought in mind, Adin let go of the bowstring.

The arrow sliced through the air, catching one of the wolves in its shoulder. It crumpled to the ground in pain. Adin had already let the second arrow go at the direction of the other wolf. She was aiming for its chest, but due to her shaking hands, the arrow flew towards its leg instead. The wolf cried out in pain. At least the hit was enough to throw him off for a few moments.

Afraid of hitting Chris with her last arrow, Adin did the most bizarre thing: she whacked her bow on the wolf's head. The force was enough to throw the wolf back, away from Chris, but it wasn't enough to get it to retreat. Angry as ever, it advanced towards them. Adin was shaking too much to load her last arrow. When she finally did and shot it, her aim was off by a few feet.

"Oh no..." Adin said to herself in panic as she now stared at the two wolves, one of which limping, moved towards them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 am

Chris got up and jumped on the one with the limp, pinning it to the ground. He grabbed his blade and threw it at the other one, nailing it right in the chest. He had a hold of the one he was on, but it was starting to squirm free. "RUN!" I screamed at Adin.
If I was gonna die, I was gonna let her live.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:30 am

Adin blinked. She most certainly didn't want to leave Chris with that wolf. Heck, doing it would be completely against her nature. She picked up one of her arrows from one of the dead wolves and loaded her bow, but she couldn't bring herself to shoot. What if she hit Chris instead? Adin was still a rookie when it came to fighting with her bow and arrow, and her frantic mood didn't help. She was stuck in a stalemate.

"HELP!" Adin yelled as loud as she can with her hoarse voice. She was close to tears, watching the scene in front of her. Her thoughts were in disarray. Why couldn't I do anything?

Suddenly, an arrow came from somewhere to her left, striking the wolf right in the eye. Shocked, Adin turned to see where their savior was but she could see nothing, especially in the near darkness. Her heart still racing, she dropped her bow and arrow rushed to Chris's aid. And Adin did something she didn't expect herself to do. She pulled him into a hug. Adin could feel her tears gushing out but she didn't care.

They survived. And that was all that mattered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:50 am

I hugged her back my face in full grin. The world melted away. The wolves, the arrow, everything was wiped from his mind as he hugged Adin. He close his eyes in slow embrace. It was then that he realized she was crying.
"Shhhh.... It's okay, we're safe thanks to you." I said, hugging her even tighter as I said so.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 am

It took Adin a few seconds to calm herself. She hastily wiped the tears on her face (even if more kept on coming) and said, "I-It wasn't me..." She punctuated each word with a gasp. "T-There's... T-there's someone... out there... shot an arrow..."

Adin couldn't find the words to continue. Once she realized that she was hugging Chris, a boy she just met a few hours ago, she pulled away quickly. Her already red cheeks turned darker. She felt slightly embarrassed to have hugged him. She barely knew the guy. With her head bowed and eyes staring at the ground, Adin stroked her golden bow and it turned back to a bracelet. "I'm... s-sorry for that," Adin apologized as she put on her bracelet, referring to the hug. "I... I didn't mean to. I was just... just caught up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 pm

I backed away and turned as red as a tomato. I put my hand over the back of my neck and said awkwardly, "It's fine, I just -uh- yeah..." I said, unsure of what to say. I was actually really happy she had hugged me. My heart started beating faster as I thought of what to say.

"Umm... So -uh- what should we do now?"
I asked her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 am

Adin looked around, remembering the arrow from earlier. She went to examine the wolves. Her arrows had already vanished into thin air, but she saw a gleam of something silver on one of the wolves. Moving closer, Adin realized that the arrow was purely silver just as hers was gold. She looked towards the direction where it had been shot. The archer was probably gone by now, but Adin had a slight suspicion as to what it was.

"I... I guess we should go back," Adin said. She looked up, seeing the crescent moon shining above them. "There are probably more of them," she said, indicating the wolves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm

"Yeah, right." I said, looking where she was. There wasn't anything in the woods as far as I could see, but she was focusing really hard. I started following her towards the, well I had no idea where I was going, but I would follow Adin anywhere.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Adin had no idea where she was going. She was still rather new at camp, and the darkness wasn't of much help to her navigating abilities. She paused beside Chris, trying to think of ways of how to put her thoughts into words. "Um... I... I'm still lost around these parts," she confessed to Chris. "Maybe you should lead? To the cabins?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm

"Oh, right. You're new." I said, thumping my hand on my head. I looked down at my watch and his the 3rd button to the left. A jet of light (much like a flash-light) shot out in front of us to make the path easier to see.
We walked for a while, as I built up my self- esteem. Come on I thought, Just do it. And like a magnet his hand reached over and grabbed hers as they walked. The light wasn't shining on us, so she couldn't see, but I know my face was red as brick.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:55 am

Adin was relieved that Chris was now leading. A few moments later, she started when she felt something warm grab her hand. Blood rose to her cheeks and she was thankful that it was dark enough to hide it. Adin nearly tripped just thinking. She forced herself not to jump into conclusions. Chris just took her hand so he won't accidentally lose her in the darkness, she told herself. But what if...? Oh screw that. Adin was not going to assume anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 pm

They reached the cabin pretty quick, which Chris was a bit sad about. When they got there, he kept a hold of her hand. He looked at her in the dim light of his watch and said, "So... -uh- It was nice meeting you." He was constantly aware of his hand and hers.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

Adin nodded. "You too. Thanks for... what you did back there," she said softly. She glanced at their connected hands, and suddenly felt the urge to not pull away. Adin shrugged away such thoughts, then remembered that she was still wearing Chris's jacket on top of hers. With her free hand, she took his jacket off and offered it to him. "Thanks," she mumbled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:16 am

I put my hand up, as if like to say stop and said, "Keep it, not like I need it." We stood there for a moment in silence. I had about a million ideas floating through my head about what to do, how to tell her I wanted to be more than friends.
Finally, with another wash over of adrenaline, I kissed her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:35 am

"O-Okay..." Adin said, hugging the jacket to her chest. Before she could say anything else, she was suddenly taken aback by a warm pair of lips on hers.

Adin took a small step back to steady herself. So this was what it was like to kiss a boy. Adin had never experienced that before. The kiss was sweet, innocent and short. When Chris pulled away, Adin was still rooted to the spot, unable to believe what had just happened.

Did people usually kiss just hours after they first met? Adin didn't really think so.

"Um... Well... you--no--I... wait..." Adin mumbled incoherently, averting her gaze. She knew that her whole face was red. Hugging Chris's jacket to her chest tightly, Adin didn't know how to put her thoughts in words. "That... That was sudden," she said finally, unable to look Chris in the eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am

My eyes darted around the camp, Why the hell did I do that? I thought to myself. "Yeah, sorry. I just -uh- kinda. -uh- god. I'm sorry..." I said, my eyes still darting around, attempting to avoid the gaze he thought he was getting.
He started rubbing his wrist, which he did when he was nervous.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 am

Adin unconsciously raised her fingers to her lips. "It's... I--I was just surprised," Adin whispered in a voice just loud enough for Chris to hear. "It was... was... my first kiss," she said the last three words in a low mumble. Adin was turning redder by the second, and she was very thankful that it was dark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 am

"Well, as long as we're admitting," I said, taking a step closer to her, "It was mine too." I was getting a bit more bold, like my normal self. I was close enough now to hear her breath. The moon was shining above us now, and I wasn't sure what to do next.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 am

"Er... yeah..." Adin said, flustered by the short distance between them. She tightened her grip on Chris's jacket. She tried to look at his face, but after about two seconds she dropped her gaze. She half-glanced at the cabin behind them and gulped. "So... I... I guess we'll see each other around?" Adin asked tentatively, trying to work out her thoughts. "Maybe... hang out again sometime... or something..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 pm

"You mean, like a date...?" I said, hopefully. I didn't meant to be so pushy, but I hated cliff hangers. I needed to know now whether or not this was going to work. "I mean, if not, I understand..." I finished.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Adin rubbed the back of her head. Was she seriously considering dating Chris? She needed to get to know him more, as she really didn't trust him fully yet. She wasn't really sure if this was going to work. Adin wondered about other girls, how they were more well-versed in this. "Not really," she said, "I don't want to rush these kinds of things. But," she took a deep breath, "I really want to get to know you better. It's just that... I met you only hours ago. But maybe, it'd lead to that, somewhere down the road..."

Adin hoped Chris didn't take it the wrong way, but if given the chance to know him more, she'd gladly take it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I kind of put my head down, I thought I was doing good. But there was still hope. I looked at her and said, "Okay, that's fine." I felt like crap. I know that I had only known her for a few hours, but I couldn't help but feel sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]   Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a stroll along the beach [Private to Tabro]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next