Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hanging Out [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Hanging Out [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

Hanging Out [Private] Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

The beach brought a calming sensation over the son of Aphrodite. He had only just set foot in the sandy expanse of the shore when he already felt himself relax. Summer was nearing, he realized, and pretty soon camp would be overloaded with the summer campers. The beach would be crowded by then too.

Jonathan took off his shoes and socks and resumed to carrying them on his back, only holding them by their laces. The sand was hot from being under the sun for hours, but he didn't mind the warmth. Slowly he turned to Anthony. "You can take off your shoes," he suggested. "It's much better that way, at least for me."

He faced the ocean, feeling the wind brush against his face and ruffle his hair. Surely even if his new friend was blind, he would be able to appreciate the beauty of nature. "So, what do you think?"

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Hanging Out [Private] Long-emo-guy-hair-15
ANTHONY // KHIONE \\ COLLINS
So what if I can't see? You don't need to judge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony knocked off his shoes and pulled off his socks. He patted the ground, searching for his shoes. Once he found them, and put his socks inside the shoes and carried the shoes. He walked with Jonathan.

"It's okay, I guess. I mean, I prefer the cold," he said. He could hear the waves crashing, and the chatter of the other kids at the beach. He could feel the sand between his toes.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

How could he have forgotten? Son of Khione. Obviously he preferred cold places. But then again, no place in camp was chilly at this time of the year, not counting the Khione cabin itself, of course. Ah well, everyone enjoyed going to the beach, right?

Jonathan's bare feet padded across the shore, leaving faint traces of footprints in his wake. "Right," he mumbled. "Khione thing. I guess summer isn't your favorite time of the year."

He stayed silent after that. He didn't really know what to talk about. Besides, Jonathan was more of a listener than anything. Maybe he'd be more useful if Anthony suddenly started to rant, or something. The thought made him smile a bit. That was pretty much his life. Listen to others' problems, keep yours to yourself.

Last edited by Rune Dragon on Fri May 25, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Anthony was enjoying the silence. He was thinking about Kathrine. The girl he had met when he was 14. The girl he had lost to a wimpy monster, just because he was blind. He was scowling, although he didn't know it. I can't believe I lost you, he thought. He suddenly remembered he was hanging out with Jonathan, so he perked up a bit. Just a bit. He still seemed sad. He actually hoped Jonathan would talk to him about. He hadn't told anyone, not even his family before he came to camp.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:09 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

The sudden scowl broke the silence and Jonathan found himself looking at Anthony in surprise. He was wearing a pained expression on his face. Jonathan backtracked. He didn't say anything offensive, did he? Maybe summer was Anthony's favorite time of the year? However, a little feeling told him that his friend was just reminded of something in his past. Just an instinct.

"Everything cool?" he asked calmly, raising his eyebrows at him before he realized that the son of Khione couldn't see it. When in doubt, ask. If Anthony didn't want to tell him, he was fine with it. He wasn't one to pry, after all.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Anthony looked at Jonathan. "oh, just thinking about girls. Well, really, just one girl," he said. He knew that Jonathan knew about girls, being surrounded by them all the time. Maybe Jonathan could help him forget about Kathrine.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Ah, girls. Jonathan couldn't claim to be an expert in that kind of matter, especially considering that his experiences with girls spoke of heartbreaks. But that didn't mean he couldn't listen to whatever Anthony had to say. Sometimes it was all you have to do: listen. Even if you aren't offering a piece of advice, just being there already meant a lot.

He thought he sounded a little deep. Cool.

"I see," Jonathan mused quietly, keeping his gaze trained on the sea. Was eye contact useless because Anthony was blind? He couldn't exactly be sure. "Want to talk about it?"

He kicked the sand, his ADHD coming back to him. Small clouds of dusts billowed from his foot and he watched them with interest before they floated away. He asked the safest question, the best thing he can come up with that didn't come off as prying.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Anthony nodded."Her name was Kathrine. She was probably the only one that didn't make fun of me for my...condition," he said. He could see her face, her auburn hair blowing in the wind. He looked down. "We started out as friends. She saw me one day, eating alone at lunch, and she sat next to me," he said. He could remember the moment clearly. She sat down, and Anthony acted tense, and she laughed at him. They got along, and they became friends. "Then, a few years later, I wanted something more, if you know what I mean. I went up to her and asked her out. She hugged me, and we went out the following day." He remembered the first date. It wasn't anything big, just a day at a coffee shop, talking. "We were dating for quite a while. 2 years maybe? Anyways, on the last day of summer vacation, we took a walk in Manhattan, since both of our families were on vacation there. We were walking, then I heard quick footsteps. Kathrine didn't hear them, apparently, because I lost her to those footsteps," he said. It wasn't like him, but tears rolled out of his eyes. He missed Kathrine so much. "It was a monster. He took her. I tried to chase after her, but, as you know, it was difficult," he said, pointing at his eyes. "I hit a pole. Really hard, too. I had to go to the hospital. The doctors told me I was muttering about Kathrine. I didn't care much about my injury, though. I cared about Kathrine."

Anthony had a rage. "It's all because of these stupid eyes! If I could've seen, I could have saved her!" he yelled. He was pretty sure that everyone at the beach was staring at him, but he didn't care. He sat down, apologizing to Jonathan. "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:35 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan sank down to sit beside Anthony, remaining quiet as he mulled over what the other boy said. He planted his hands firmly behind him, leaning back a bit as he kept his gaze on the sea. Finally he clapped his friend's shoulder in a reassuring gesture. It was the guy counterpart of girl's hugs, he thought. Hugging Anthony right now would be weird. He didn't know how the son of Khione would react to a hug given by someone he had just met barely fifteen minutes ago.

"It's fine," he told him. "You don't have to apologize. I'd feel that way too if I were in your shoes."

Jonathan swallowed thickly. What was the right thing to say? He couldn't tell him that it was okay, seeing as it really wasn't. He couldn't give him any piece of advice, since he was just as lost in these waters as he was. He couldn't very well tell him that there are a hundred other fish in the sea and he'll find someone else soon. That wasn't the right thing to say to a person suffering from a heartbreak; he should know.

"Love... it can either bring you either joy or pain. Well, at least she won't get hurt anymore..." he said softly. He sighed. "Don't blame your eyes for this. If the Fates will something to happen, they do regardless of your condition."

The best thing you can do now... is to let go, Jonathan thought, not daring to voice it aloud. For one, he didn't know if Anthony was going to get even angrier at that suggestion. More importantly though, he knew that it was something that Anthony needed to figure out on his own.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:23 am

Anthony looked at Jonathan. "Thanks Jonathan. I'm just trying to forget about her, but it was so recent. And she was the love of my life. And now she's gone," he said. His distant eyes wandered off in the distance, wondering what it looked like. He tried his best to block out Kathrine, but it wasn't working that well. She was everywhere he went.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:12 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan managed a half-smile, momentarily forgetting that Anthony was blind. Sighing softly, he started to play with the sand, watching as it flowed neatly through the gaps between his fingers. "Physically, yes she may be gone," he mumbled, "but her memory will stay alive. I know it's not good enough, but it's definitely better than nothing, right?"

He couldn't help but think that he sounded corny. Some people just needed to hear things like that. Besides, it was the most he could do for his friend. "I sound so cliche," he mused thoughtfully with a small chuckle.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Anthony laughed. "Sure sounds like it, doesn't it?" he said. He could feel the wind blowing his hair. He could hear the waves crashing. He wanted to try something. He held out his hand. A cold aura surrounded his hand. It frosted up. Anthony smiled as it did. He had finally mastered it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:50 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Shaking his head to himself, Jonathan joined in Anthony's laughter. He soon realized the sudden drop in temperature and turned to the son of Khione in alarm. The sight of a frosted hand greeted his eyes. "Wow, that's just... Wow. Cool powers. No pun intended," he commented with a small nod.

Turning away, Jonathan can't help but feel a little jealous of the other demigods' abilities. Zeus kids can shoot off lightning from their fingertips. Apollo kids can shoot perfectly and even bend light. Children of Khione had power over snow. And what about him, a son of Aphrodite? Stand there and look pretty? He sighed softly to himself as he threaded his fingers in his hair.

"Man, as much as I'm okay with the idea of being a son of Aphrodite, I can't deny that I'm a little down when it comes to our... powers," he spoke suddenly, letting out a little of his thoughts. "I mean, you have these awesome ice powers and we have... what?" He shook his head, chuckling.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm

"Well, there is charmspeak. But not many Aphrodite kids have that anymore," Anthony pointed out. He retracted his hand, stopping the frosting. He could feel the warm return to where it had been. Anthony smiled. He was sure he would like it here.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan nodded. "True. It's almost as rare as the fire users from Cabin 9."

He watched the last bits of ice on Anthony's hand melt away. "Y'know, if you can get something like that on a weapon... Let's say a sword. Just think: a sword that can freeze or frost everything it touches," he sighed wistfully, wondering where that came from. He wasn't usually one to talk about weapons. Ideas like these still worm their ways into his mind however, no matter hard he tried to force them out. Weapons were an essential part of a demigod's life. Without them, they'd die.

"Just a suggestion," he added with a shrug.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Anthony smiled. He pulled out his ice sword, Pagos, He showed it to Jonathan. "Already got one," he said. The cold aura powered Anthony. He straightened up. Pagos had a frost cover surrounding it. Anthony stood up, and walked towards a rock. He got in a fighting stance. He sliced the rock, and it was covered in frost. Anthony turned around, and bowed.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan couldn't believe that he missed that detail before. Perhaps he was too preoccupied with Anthony's fighting skills to notice the special attributes of his sword. Nevertheless he watched in awe, eyes drifting between the frost-covered rock and the son of Khione. "Wow, you really know your thing, don't you?"

His hand subconsciously made its way to the pendant of his necklace, tracing the dove symbol on it with his fingers. "Maybe I can power up my sword as well," he said from out of the blue. Watching Anthony's sword made him want a cool upgrade to his own weapon as well, even if he just ended up using it on dummies and barely a handful of monsters. Maybe it'd come in handy some time when the time comes for him to fight for his life, or more importantly, a loved one's life.

Releasing the grip on his necklace, Jonathan chuckled. "Ha, imagine this. A sword that can make everything it touches fall in love," he looked off into the distance, laughing at the absurdity of the idea. Glancing back at Anthony, he grinned widely at him even if he was aware that the boy couldn't see it. "Psh, I'm not ripping off Cupid's idea. No, not at all."

((OMG KORRAKORRAKORRAKORRAKORRA <3))
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Anthony chuckled. "That would be pretty funny. But as you said, that's pretty much Cupid's idea." Anthony thought for a moment. He snapped his fingers, then said: "What about a sword that forces the enemy to stop attacking once it is struck?" He thought that was a pretty good idea.

(I am guessing you enjoy The Legend of Korra :3)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan perked up at the suggestion. That was actually a pretty cool idea. Of course, it would still hurt on the enemy's part, but if it was just a minor stab and then some inner power would make the enemy doubt his fighting intentions...

"Hm, think the Hephaestus guys could make it?" he asked with a hint of uncertainty. He wasn't too sure if the children of the forge god could make something that could influence a person's mind. "If they could, that'd be pretty sweet." It was a sword that fitted his personality perfectly.

"If it's not gonna work, I guess I'll stick for something that stuns. Or paralyzes," he said. The tone of his voice suggested that he wasn't too keen on the idea, as he seemed to think that it would cause more harm than good.

(('Enjoy' is an understatement :3))
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Anthony had never thought about that. "I think they could make the sword, but have the Apollo kids enchant it," he suggested. He had felt the magical aura as he passed the 7th cabin.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Placing his hand under his chin as if in deep thoughts, Jonathan watched the waves roll below them. Hm, he didn't even have to get a new sword made. His own would suffice. Someone just had to add some sort of enchantment. "If that's the case, then I don't have to get someone to forge the sword," he mused, fingers finding the outline of his necklace. "I'll just need someone to do the magical stuff."

Still seated, he dug his hand in the sand, feeling them flow through the gaps of his fingers. It was nothing special. Just something his ADHD made him do. "Why Apollo?" he suddenly asked, a little confused. "Does he have anything to do with the mind or something?"

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:32 pm

"I thought Apollo was the god of magic," he said. He really did think that, since he could feel all the magic surrounding their cabin. "Besides, can you think of any other kids that deal with magic?" he said. He hadn't heard any other kids that dealt with magic.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan grinned and clapped Anthony on the back. "Naw man, that's Hecate, goddess of witchcraft and magic."

He didn't blame Anthony for not knowing. After all, he had already spent three years in camp, more or less. Hanging around for that long tended to give him some good knowledge about Greek mythology and all that. "When you've been stuck here for a good amount of time like me, you get the know-how to recite the wonders of Greek myths in your sleep."

Jonathan paused, bringing up his palm and watching as the sand streamed down its sides. "I guess you stay 'round the year, huh?" he said, just for the sake of saying something.

Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Hanging Out [Private] 65912210
>>ANTHONY // KHIONE \\ COLLINS<<

-----------------------------------
PAIN, WITHOUT LOVE
PAIN, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH
PAIN, I LIKE IT ROUGH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony had never thought about how long he would stay. He thought about staying year round, since he did run away, and would never go back home. Plus, he could have more power in the winter, too. "Most likely. I don't really have a place to go to if I stayed the summer. Besides, I'll have more power in the winter to kick your butt," he said with a smirk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'CAUSE I'D RATHER FEEL PAIN THAN NOTHING AT ALL
YOU'RE SICK OF FEELING NUMB
YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Chuckling, Jonathan returned his smirk with one of his own. Lucky for Anthony to have his nature-related powers. But still, Jonathan thought it'd make it hard to really spar with a friend. He was too soft and he wouldn't exactly give it his all, he knew it. He wasn't going to admit that aloud though. It sounded embarrassing enough in his head.

"I'm not going easy on you just because you're blind," he replied. "But man, I'm going to be at a big disadvantage. Maybe if I can charmspeak I'll just tell you to give up and bam--I win."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Out [Private]   Hanging Out [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hanging Out [Private]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next