Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Playing with music [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

Playing with music [open] Empty
PostSubject: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:57 am

~ Christopher Jason Hunt ~

Playing with music [open] Ac10

Chris brushed his dark curls away from in front his face, frustrated with them to the core. He didn't have the guts to cut them; scared of what his girlfriend will do to him.

His acoustic guitar slung over his shoulder, he stood in front of the microphone, seeing no-one else here this early. He normally hated to be up before lunch time but it was either escape tbe cabin, or hang around long enough to be attacked by his sisters when they discovered he had poured their purfume down the drain.

Chris shuffled slightly on his feet, strumming a few chords to make sure his guitar was in tune before clearing his throat. He closed his eyes, his fingers starting to play the right notes before his vocals came in. "I remember tears streaming down your face..."

Chris was so involved in his Taylor Swift song that he didn't notice anyone enter.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:24 am

Playing with music [open] Alexcopy
|Alex|16|Whitlock|
// Z E U S \\

Clutching her camera with both hands, Alex found herself entering the Amphitheater. The melodious notes of someone playing the guitar drew her in and soon she was standing right there, staring at the handsome boy playing the guitar. Alex fought the urge to squeal as she recognized the song--it was one of her favorites. Alex was such a huge Taylor Swift fan.

Alex closed her eyes, humming to the music. The guy had good voice too. "...when I said I'll never let you go," Alex started to sing. Her voice wasn't suited for a singer's, but at least she got her notes right. At least she thought she did. "When all those shadows almost killed your light."

The daughter of Zeus drifted closer and she took one of the seats nearest the stage. Smiling, she watched the boy silently, craving for more. Alex wasn't really one to stay silent, but her favorite song was playing. She wanted to listen more than talk, for a change.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 am

Christopher didn't really hear anyone else; probably due to the fact that all he could hear was himself and his guitar. He couldn't sing as high as Taylor Swift did - obviously; he was a guy - so he dropped an octave but the out-come was still pretty good.

"...I remember you said, don't leave me here alone," He continued, oblivious to the fact that a girl was sitting right in the front row. What? He was into music. Good at it too. If he hadn't have been claimed, he may have wondered if he was an Apollo child. But, having said that, he was too good-looking to be anything other than an Aphrodite.

"But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight." Chris started on the chorus when he finally opened his eyes, almost dying from shock when he did see the girl in the front row.

"Holy crap!"
He exclaimed, the notes messing up as he clutched his chest, feeling his heart thudding beneath his skin and clothes.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:46 am

Alex nearly jumped at the guy's reaction. She looked around and actually wondered if there was a monster or something when she realized that the place was empty but for the two of them. Which meant that she was the cause of his surprise. Alex huffed, taking it the completely wrong way. Did she look scary or something? Well yeah, her hair was somewhat messy, but she didn't think that it would be that creepy to onlookers.

"What, you've never seen a girl before?" Alex said defensively, crossing her arms over her chest. Alex and her mood swings. Even the littlest thing like suddenly cutting off her favorite song can make her shift from cheerful to downside annoyed. She blew off a strand of hair that came into her line of sight.

"And you were doing so good too. I mean, seriously, I haven't heard a decent cover of Safe and Sound in a male voice before," Alex said, slipping into her talkative self. "But that completely ruined the mood."

((This RP just made me pick up my guitar and play Safe and Sound, lol))
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 am

Chris rolled his eyes slightly as she because anoyed with him, still trying to control his heart rate. He wasn't embarressed or anything; he was a pretty out-going person and didn't really get embarressed.

"No, you took me by suprise, is all. I didn't expect anyone to be here." He corrected her, looking down at his guitar and strumming quietly again, waiting for a conversation to brew.

Chris smiled at the girl as she complimented him, reaching up and brushing a few locks of his dark curls from his eyes. So frustrating. "Uh...thanks. I guess. You talk a lot, you know that?" He told her, not trying to offend her. His ADHD prevented him from keeping it quiet.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am

"Okaaay. Play in the amphitheater and get completely surprised when an audience shows up," Alex chattered, trying to blow off some steam. Controlling her emotions--that was one thing she was rubbish at, no matter what she did. It was going to be a few moments before her irritation fades. "And yeah, I've been told. No need to point it out, Captain Obvious."

Alex spoke all those quickly, so she had to take a deep breath before continuing. "I'm Alex, daughter of Zeus," she surprised herself for admitting her godly parent quickly. Usually she didn't tell people that at first glance. Her irritation can cause her to lose even more control of her mouth sometimes. "And you are... a son of Apollo?"

Alex fiddled with her camera. She had been hoping to get a shot of this boy but now she just didn't feel like taking pictures. Maybe later, when she got back into a better mood. Gee, wasn't this off to a good start?
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Chris raised his eyebrows. Zeus. Whoa. He cleared his throat, looking down again as he continued to strum the same Taylor Swift song, just without his vocals. "No. Aphrodite; can't you tell?" He askdd, adding a little wink at the end.

He laughed, watching Alex play with her camera and look almost as if she would take a picture of him. He wouldn't mind if she did; he quite liked people taking photos of him.

"I'm Christopher. Most call me Chris or Topher; I don't mind which." He told her with a smile, his light brown eyes flickering with amusment.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Alex couldn't help but laugh despite her mood. "Well sorry, but I based my guess on your musical abilities," she said, rolling her eyes.

Alex noticed that Chris realized how she fidgeted with her camera. She couldn't take a picture of him now while he was aware of her desire to get a shot. Alex liked stolen shots better at times. She decided to wait until later, when the time is right. She realized that he was playing again, but not singing this time.

"Topher... sounds like gopher," Alex said, giggling a bit. "How'd you learn to play? I have to admit you're pretty good. I've heard that Safe and Sound requires a lot of practice and handiwork to play."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:59 am

Chris laughed with Alex. "Yeah. I didn't choosr that nickname. It's just when people find out my name ie actually Christopher and not just Chris, that call me that. Don't ask me why."

Chris knew that nicknames were all part of growing up yet he wished they could of chosen him a cooler and more awesome nickname.

"I learnt when I was young. I wouldn't say it's a hard song to play; it just needs...persistance...?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:06 am

Alex chuckled. "Well, kudos to you for having the patience to learn. I myself would get bamboozled by all of those strings and how to strum them properly," she said impatiently. "Instruments are so not for me. I like listening to music; don't get me wrong. I just don't like playing them myself."

Alex crossed her legs and studied Chris for a while. A question occurred to her and she just couldn't resist asking it. "You're a Taylor Swift fan too? I mean, I haven't met a lot of fans who are boys. What other songs do you play?"
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:27 am

Chris pulled a face, stopphin playing as he tried to think his answer through and make surd it was true to his mind. He bit his lip. "I guess I am a small fan...Taylor Swift is really hot. But...I like other people more."

Chris tried to think about what else he could play. He was tired of standing for so long, so he moved forward slightly to sit down on the end of the stage in front of Alex, letting his legs dangle over the edge.

"I can play...I don't know. Eyes Open is the other Swift song I can remember. Uh...Coldplay, My Chemical Romance, Ed Sheeran...whatever. There is no limitation on my amazingness." He laughed.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 am

Alex smirked mischievously when Chris said that Taylor Swift was hot. She should've known. Boys will be boys. Of course, she felt the same way for a certain boy band... Alex shook her head to clear off her thoughts before she could drift away.

Alex squealed when Chris mentioned Eyes Open. "OMG I love Eyes Open!" she stopped, realizing that her voice slightly echoed in the empty amphitheater. She cleared her throat. She didn't realize that she was that loud. "Not a big fan of rock songs though. I like ones which are kinda... mellow. And sweet. I'm a sucker for sweet love songs."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:14 am

Chris winced as Alex got louder. She was very...yeah. He raised his eyebrows at her, wondering if she was hinting for him to play Eyes open.

"Any song requests?" He asked her, raising his eyebrows. He felt like playing something. He was pretty bored.

Sorry for crap post. My muse has gone missing along with my sanity.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:27 am

Alex grinned, putting on her puppy-dog-eyes. "Can you pretty please play Eyes Open? I'll love you forever for it!" she said, clasping her hands together and placing them just below her chin.

"Oh gods, Alex, I can hear you all the way outside!"

Alex turned quickly at the sound of her name. She looked behind her, but the last thing she saw was a flash of auburn hair disappearing by the door. She rolled her eyes. "Well sorry," she muttered under her breath, feeling a twinge of annoyance at the person. She turned back to Chris. "So... Eyes Open?" she asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:41 am

Chris' head snapped up to the doorway when someone called through it, an amused smirk playing on his lips. Chicks. They were pretty funny. Sometimes. Other times they were a pain in the ass. Apart from Chris' grilfriend, of course....but she could still have her moments.

"Eyes Open? Got it." Chris stood up again before the microphone, about to start when he hesitated, frowning at Alex. "Are you sure? I don't want to ruin the song for you with my lack of talent."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 am

Alex waved him off impatiently. She was sure that Chris could pull it off quite easily. He already got her at Safe and Sound. "Didn't you just say that there were no limits to your amazingness?" Alex teased, almost challenging him. Amazingness... was that even a word?

"Go sing, pretty boy," Alex said as she turned her camera on. Maybe she'd get a cool picture this time.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:15 am

Chris nodded, his dark curls falling in front of his light brown eyes. He brushed them back quickly, still annoyed by the fact that they were so frustrating. "Shhhhh. You're putting me off." He told her, putting his index finger against his lips in a silence motion.

He tensed his muscles quickly, making sure all his stiffness was gone. "The pitch will be a bit lower on the vocals because....you don't care, do you? I'm just gonna start."

Chris played the first notes, obviously sounding slightly different because he was playing an acoustic guitar but the effect was the same. He cut his thoughts short and started to sing. "Everybody's waiting, everybody's watching. Even when you're sleeping, keep your eyes open..."

Guess what I'm listening to xD
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:28 am

Alex listened attentively. She didn't care if it sounded a little different than the original song. In essence, it was still the same thing. Alex slowly brought the camera up and waited for the right moment...

Click!

Smiling, Alex pulled back to look at the screen on her camera. Right there was the shot she had just taken of Chris. Her smile widened at the great picture. The lighting and angle were just right, and don't even get her started on the subject. Chris just seemed to shine in the shot, with his guitar and all. Alex noticed that she even captured the emotion of the whole scene.

"The tricky thing is," Alex sang softly, losing herself in the song. "Yesterday we were just children, playing soldiers, just pretending..."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 am

Chris blinked as Alex took a picture of him before smiling, rolling his eyes slightly. So that was her hobbie? Taking suprise photos of people? Well....good for her.

Chris watched Alex's lips move from a distance, barely being able to notice that she was singing along quietly with him. This made his smile grow even wider and more pronouced. He closed his eyes, continuing to sing and glad that he spent so much time learning this song, or else it would have failed and he would have been embarressed.

"Everybody's waiting for you to breakdown, everybody's watching to see the fallout..."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 am

"Even when you're sleeping, sleeping... Keep your eyes open."

The song was just so nice. It seemed so urgent, yet it carried a melody that just calmed her down. It was one of the qualities Alex liked in this song. Taylor Swift was just so good at making a song like that just sound so soothing. Alex leaned back on her chair, just listening rather than talking for once.

((I think I just lost my muse xDD))
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 am

Chris continued to play, eventually finishing the song. When he did, he laughed, taking a cocky and joking bow before jumping off the stage, propping his guitar against the base and sitting down in the chair next to Alex.

He grinned, his light brown eyes sparkling. "How was that?" He asked her, scratching the small stubble on his chin as he awaited her answer.

Same Dx
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:21 am

Alex beamed at him as she clapped her hands. "Fantastic," she said, giving him a thumbs up. "Couldn't have asked for a better cover."

Alex stretched out her arms and legs just for something to do. What a peaceful setting. She could certainly doze off in a place like this. Well, she would, but then something just had to break the silence. Voices, louder than Alex's (and that was saying something), erupted from the far side of the hall. Alex shrunk down in her seat. Those voices sounded angry. She didn't want to take part in it. She threw a terrified look at Chris, her eyes asking him what she couldn't say aloud: what was going on?
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:44 am

Chris watched Alex for another anxious moment before looking around, finding a group of tall, scary campers walking in, looking like they wanted to beat someone up. Chris had monents like that; where he just wanted to take his anger out on someone, yet didn't care who. He supposed most did.

He was about to whisper to Alex that they should get out of their, but the campers had already seen them and started walking over. Chris decided that the onoy thing to do was face them, which he probably would have done anyways.

"What do you want?"

Sorry for delay and crap post; no muse.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 am

Alex would have preferred to run away in this situation. Those campers looked scary and she didn't want to fight. But Chris had already talked to them so she couldn't just run now. Alex gripped her chair tightly, gazing wide-eyed at the campers who had just entered.

"Why'd you ask, pretty boy?" one of the boys said, cracking his knuckles. "Why doncha go play with your perfumes like a li'l girl?"

Alex could see where this was going. She instinctively grabbed Chris's arm. "Not worth it. Let's just go," she told him softly as she got ready to stand up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with music [open]   Playing with music [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with music [open]
Page 1 of 1