Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Playing with fire {open}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arilee

Arilee

Playing with fire {open} Empty
PostSubject: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:11 am

Playing with fire {open} Dfhfgh_by_lotusblossoms-d50lh4k
Playing with fire {open} Garrett-Hedlund-garrett-hedlund-21018972-353-529
. Scott Aspholt . 17 . Son of Hephaestus .

He entered the armory with his usual work clothes, a grey t-shirt, black work-boots, and a pair of blue jeans which already had grease strains on them from previous days tinkering with weapons and grease. He was pretty good with weapons he had to say, with his fire-using skills he could mess around with swords all day.

He walked to his "forge" nearest to the back wall. He liked to work in peace, well, besides the music on his I-pod which he automatically brought out of his back pocket and put the ear buds in his ears. A blast of guitars and drums filled his ears, flinching, he turned down the volume.

Okay, he had been practicing this. He held out his hand in front of him and a tingle went down his arm. As expected, a column of flame erupted from his fingertips. With his mind he willed the flame into a ball and it floated over to the charred pit, which abruptly lit on fire. He closed his hand and the fiery ball disappeared into the glowing flames of the forge. He smiled. Satisfied.

Last edited by Arilee on Sun May 20, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Playing with fire {open} Agonyauntherol
SAVANNAH // HEPHAESTUS \\ REED
Everyday I'm forging!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savannah was working on her twin swords, when she saw a burst of light in the corner of her eye. She ran to where it had most likely been, and hid behind a pile of boxes. She saw a boy, maybe three years older than her, with flames coming from his hands. She gulped. She had never seen a blessed child of Hephaestus. She watched as the boy lit the forge with his fire. She walked out from behind the boxes when he stopped. "So, you're the blessed one?" she said, leaning against the boxes.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Scott wasn't really in his forge, just tinkering with his shield-watch. But he was surprised when a younger girl came up behind him, commenting that he was "the blessed one." He wasn't exactly startled by the question, he got a lot of comments like this in the past few years. Especially when he began to publicly show his abilities, maybe, three years back. But he rarely got comments on it now, except from newer camper. And he had barely seen this girl around, but he knew she was his half-sister. Another child of Hephaestus. "I guess so, its a blessing and a curse really." His eyebrows knit together, trying to think. "I've seen you around before little sis, but I don't think I've caught your name. I'm Scott, by the way." He pressed his fingers to a smooth button on the shield and it shrunk back into his celestial bronze watch. He had to admit, it really could use a tune-up.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Everyday I'm forging!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savannah smiled. "Name's Savannah. I haven't been in the forge in a while, so I may seem a bit new. You know, love life, all that BS. Nice to meet you, Scott," she said. She sheathed her twin swords, and walked closer to Scott.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Scott laughed. "I practically live at my forge, no wonder I haven't seen you much!" Then she added her love life. Wow. All the love life he remembered from 14 was a girl he was crushing on, and she totally shunned him. It might have had to do with how he almost never talked...but he was the son of Hephaestus, so he has a excuse now. But he still cant. "Fourteen and a boyfriend. I can't talk to girls and I'm seventeen. I just had to be a kid of Hephaestus, got dad's...uh...blank mind when it comes to girls."
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Everyday I'm forging!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savannah laughed. "I guess I didn't get that perk from Dad," she said playfully. She walked around the forge, looking at the quality. "So, how long have you known you had the fire?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Scott laughed, "Oh yeah. Its a great perk all right!" He watched as she seemingly inspected his forge. He had nothing in the making right now, except his shield.
"Ever since I was maybe...10? I had to be able to control my emotions before I could use my little gift. So dad put some sort of restriction on me until I was older. I guess that was smart, because a flaming baby wasn't something you'd want around mortals! Not to mention it would be weird." Just talking about his fire made it flick across his fingers. Blue flame about an inch in height flickered around his palm.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Savannah laughed. "I think a flaming baby would have been cool," she said. She imagined a baby rolling around on the ground, on fire. "I don't think I would be able to control my emotions. Some people really blow my top. Not naming any, but some of the Aphrodite kids come to mind," she explained. She pulled out her swords, which she was working on upgrading. Whenever she pressed the emeralds at the bottom of the sword, it would turn into two emerald earrings. She tested it, and it worked. She smiled, then attached the swords to her ear lobes.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Scott chuckled, "Trust me, me as a flaming baby would have been anyone's worst nightmare." Then she said that some Aphrodite kids come to her mind as people who annoy her. And he couldn't agree more. Most of their flaws had something to do with arrogance or pride, or OCD. Some of the girls were okay, some of the guys too. But most? Most were not on his like list.
He saw her bring out her swords and his hand automatically reached for his watch, which turned into a shield if he pressed the face of the clock with one of his fingers. The watch was programmed change to the shield only at his touch. Though, he had to admit he was pretty impressed to see that this girl could do the same, and she was at least three years younger than him. "Impressive," he commented. "What would happen if you pressed the emerald...and it was still on your ear?" He smirked at the image going through his head. Savannah running around with swords dangling from her ears. Though, it probably wouldn't be comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Savannah thought. It would be hilarious if they were swords when she pressed the button, but they would probably rip off her ear lobes. "I don't know. I am pretty sure they will not change into swords when I'm just wearing them," she said. She took a step back, making sure that Scott wouldn't press the emeralds, making her a freak. She saw Scott reaching for his watch. She figured it was also a weapon like hers. "Did you steal Percy's shield?" she asked playfully. She had heard about Percy's shield, which his half-brother forged for him.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Scott laughed. "Though, you have to admit it would be interesting!" He chuckled as she took a step back, no doubt making sure he didn't test his theory. He picked up his watch in his hand. It was lightweight, but nowhere near the craftsmanship of Percy's. The guy's half-brother was amazing when it came to the forge. And it was amazing that, as big as the guy was, the Cyclops could make the most delicate things. "Oh, I wish. But this little thing is mine."
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:31 pm

"Oh good. That means I can do...THIS!" she said. She grabbed Scott's watch/shield. She ran around the armory, then set it on her crafting table. Her smiled faded when she remembered that he had fire powers. Well, I'm screwed, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:04 am

Scott was taken by surprise when she snatched his watch and ran around the armory with a silly grin plastered to her face. He slowly smiled, she brought it upon herself. I guess I can have a little fun with this... His hand flew forward, his palm facing her direction. Concentrating hard, he put his energy into the fire he possessed, molding and sculpting it into the shape he wanted. A puppy. Finished, he released it and it burned across the armory and grabbed the watch in it's fiery teeth and pranced around the armory with it's prize. He smiled at the sight. It was a cute puppy.

Last edited by Arilee on Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Savannah was surprised what Scott. Then, as he danced around, she cracked up. She had never seen someone do that at camp, much less a 17-year-old. Then again, she had done that earlier. She walked back towards Scott. "Well, looks like you won," she said. She put her hands up.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 am

Scott laughed. The fiery puppy was still holding his watch, but at least someone on his team had the watch. He let out a low whistle and the puppy came running to him, rolling and wriggling at his feet. He bent down and pulled the watch from it's jaws and swiped a hand through it's flames, sending ashes where a fiery puppy once stood. "I guess so!" he laughed. He pressed his thumb to the watch face and it expanded into a celestial bronze shield.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Savannah watched as Scott opened the shield. She smiled, then said: "I am so glad that we can make weapons shrink down to everyday objects." She looked at her earrings, and pressed the center. Her swords appeared in her hands. Just the feel of the swords in her hands gave her more power.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:09 am

Scott nodded, "Sure makes things a whole lot easier. Rather than lugging around a full shield and sword." He pressed the button on the inside of his shield and it shrank back to the shape of a watch fitted around his wrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with fire {open}   Playing with fire {open} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with fire {open}
Page 1 of 1