Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Arrival

Go down 
+6
Valkyrie
Yume
Lightning
Inaniloquist
jehowell
hunter11
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm

This can't be happening. This really can't be happening. First I was content, minding my own business... and then something happened. I was ambushed by something that can't exist. I'm not sure if I can explain it, and that's the big problem. And it's also what's making me angry. My attacker was a chimera. If you don't know what that is, it's a monster with a leonine front quarter, a goat head and neck on its dorsal area, and a writhing serpent for a tail. All with breath that combusts upon exposure to oxygen. In layman's terms, it breathes fire.

I fled from the creature, but it kept pursuing me, roaring in fury and anger. I was getting quite exhausted, and I didn't think I could run for much longer. But I had to escape my pursuer. Finally I reached what seemed to be a small establishment of some sort. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be a large hill, with a large coniferous tree sitting near the top, garnished with a strange, shimmering golden skin of some sort. I decided to investigate further, but before I could, the chimera pounced.

Oddly, the beast seemed repelled by an invisible barrier between me and it. Growling in defeat, it slinked away, glaring menacingly at me. I took this as a sign that it would return at a later date.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:11 pm

i see a girl breathing heavily and walk up to her. "that chimera was after you huh?would you like to come and relax? i think Chiron would like to see you."
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:14 pm

(Um, Marco is male. xD)

I noticed a young girl approaching me, she seemed quite friendly. After she questioned about my previous predicament, I nodded. "Yes, perhaps." She then told me that someone named Chiron was apparently expecting me. I realized something. "Wait, isn't Chiron a mythical figure? And where am I? By the way, my name is Marco Hope," I introduced myself. "What is your name?" he asked.

Last edited by AllHailThrall on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add a reply.)
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:17 pm

"im julia. and what you think is mythical, happens to be quite real. you are at half blood hill because you and so are the rest of us, are hal human, and half god. im gonna gues you have been kicked out of many schools, only have one parent, and have assumed some of the people around you aren't human. truth is, they probably aren't. we better get up to see Chiron"
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:34 am

I listened intently to her explanation, however ridiculous it sounded. "Yes, I have only my father... he told me that my mother died in childbirth. Of course the people around me are human, but they seem to act quite strangely. I have moved schools quite a few times, mainly due to odd circumstances that tend to happen when I am around. If I were paranoid I would say the teachers were out to get me." I nodded, and decided to follow this girl to Chiron. He obviously couldn't be a centaur, that was just impossible. Centaurs didn't exist.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:07 pm

"if you still dont believe me. i totally understanded. it was the same wioth me too!"
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 pm

I nodded, grasping the feeling that I was not alone. "That's quite good. I'm glad that we see eye-to-eye. As we sauntered into the large grassy area, eventually we encountered a large domicile, of more than two stories. "Is this where Chiron makes his residence?" I inquired, examining the house. It was quite a large living area, perhaps Chiron had his share of wealth. Or, perhaps mythical creatures such as Chiron had better real estate.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 pm

"yeah. we better go on in. i hope Dionysus isn't in the house
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:25 pm

I walk up. "You might not want to go into there. Dionysus is in one of his moods." I notice someone new, so I hold out my hand and say, "I'm Aelia, daughter of Athena."
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:25 am

I noticed another girl approach, and I made a welcoming gesture and expression. "Greetings," I greeted. "I am Marco, son of... I don't really know," I admitted. "But Dionysus is also a mythological figure, am I correct?" I sighed. I didn't know what was fact or fiction anymore. "This really can't be happening...." I groaned, holding my head in exasperation. "This must be some ridiculous dream, and I'll wake up in a bit."

Last edited by AllHailThrall on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add color)
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 am

"Yes Dionysus is a mythical creature, and when he gets mad, you just don't want to mess with him." I say, kindly. "It all seems like a dream at the beginning. It took me over two years to adjust to the fact that Greek Gods are real. Being a daughter of Athena, I've always been very logical. But, hey! When monsters come after you, there's really no other explanation." I say, smiling sadly.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm

I walk over and see three people standing in front of the big house. "Hi julia! hi....... Aelia!" just remembering her name, "Oh and hi, um, new guy! Uh, what's your name so I don't have to call you new guy." I tell him
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:17 pm

I listened to Aelia, intrigued when she mentioned she was logical as well. "You are logical as well? I try to put logic into every thing that I do. Of course, now, my vision of logic may just fall apart," I sighed in exasperation. "I'm going to hate it here at camp..." I then noticed another girl walking up. "Oh. Greetings," I introduced. "I am Marco, I'm new here. Please don't refer to me as 'new guy', is that all right?"

(I bet he's sounding quite like the Athena boy he is. XD)
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:59 pm

"Yes, I like to think of myself as logical. Even now, when I am certain of the god's existence, I try to stay logical about a lot of other things. I design weapons for the Hephaestus cabin to make. If I'm in a good mood, I'll help with pranks. It can actually be a lot of fun applying logic to this world." I reassure him.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:38 pm

"Yeah, sorry I didn't know your name so I just called you new guy. I won't do it again. And don't worry you are NOT going to hate it here! That's what EVERYONE first thinks but they are all proven wrong." "Anyways, Is Mr.D out of his mood yet?" I ask Aelia.

((he sounds a like athena her self!))
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:56 pm

I listen carefully. "And that Peter Johnson better....." drifts out of the house. "I don't think so."
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:31 am

(XD I love how Mr. D keeps mispronouncing peoples' names. In some of my earlier PJatO RPs, Marco has been called Mike, Marley, and Mark. :P)

I listened in at the arguing god of wine. He seemed quite different from how I had imagined him. I had imagined Dionysus as a cheerful, party-loving, friendly god. But this guy seemed ill-tempered, bitter, and mean-spirited deity. "Are you sure that's Dionysus?" I inquired curiously. "He seems much more belligerent than I had previously envisioned him."
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 am

OOC: Yeah, I love that, too. It's an interesting trait that adds humor....and well, humor ;)

"Oh, yeah, I'm pretty positive." I say, stifling a laugh. Dionysus? Nice? The thought is enough to make my day. "Look, it seems as if you won't be able to go in there for a while. You wanna take a tour of camp, or just stay here?"
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm

"Well, I gotta go guys. see ya round! And, I hope you get claimed soon marco!" And with that I walk off.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 pm

"Bye, Helen!" I call after her, and then turn back to Marco for an answer.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:44 pm

I nodded and waved as the girl walked off towards what I presumed to be where she stayed. I then turned to Aelia. "Seeing as I'll most likely be here for an extended period of time... it wouldn't hurt for me to know the layout of this area. It will most certainly aid me in navigation. Please, do show me around," I encouraged her.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:46 pm

I smile. "Great!" I quickly contemplate where to go first, and immediately rule out the Climbing Tower. Not the best thing to see on your first day. "How about we go to the lake first?" I suggest.
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm

I grinned. "There is a large body of water here? Quite interesting. I would like to see it. Lead the way," I told her. "Speaking of here, where IS 'here'?" I inquired. "Where are we? This is most certainly not anywhere I have known about for quite some time...." I admitted. I liked to think I knew almost everything, but this day had opened up an entirely new world of which I had no idea existed.

(I think some of the naiads, the flirts they are, should kind of giggle and wave at him, catching him by surprise. XD)
Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:57 pm

"We are at Camp Half-Blood. It's for demigods like you and me, and don't try to deny that you're half god--if you were a regular mortal, you wouldn't have been able to even enter this camp. We disguise ourself as a strawberry service. But anyways, off to the lake!"

OOC: Do you want me to post first?
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:10 pm

I walked the hill "Hello? Anyone here?" i asked a girl walked up to me "Hey you must be coralie." i nodded "Cool" she said "Come with me" that is my arrivel flower elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arrival
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next