Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Apollo and Khione... wait what?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:00 pm

landon blinked, being sure not to change his expression, even though he felt a pang of empathy. He could easily relate to a tragic history. Maybe they could exchange stories? ...Probably not. If she was as shy about it as he was, then it would never happen. But he'd give her the opportunity to express herself if she chose to, anyway. With a shrug, he gave the girl the option to talk. "Try me."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Miranda sighed, knowing there was most likely no way out of this now. "You should know that my real dad is Apollo. He left before I as born, the day my mom found out she was pregnant actually." she played with the ends of her jacket as she spoke, trying not to let any threatened tears fall. "Well, my mom remarried, like any other person would. The thing is she..she married a really bad guy I guess." she gulped, "If my mom made him mad, he would beat her. If I made him mad, he would beat me... a lot."

She sighed, the tears threatening to fall. "My friend and I were making cookies for him one day, and my mom helped us, because she didn't want us to get hurt while we were making them." She closed her eyes, "Mom went to go make sure everything was ready outside, because he was extremely picky, he would find anything to make him mad, and it didn't help when he got drunk." she kept her eyes firmly shut. "The cookies got left in the stove too long and burned, and when we gave them to my dad, he was drunk and realized that it was mom who made them get burnt." she let one tear fall.

"He killed her, he broke her ribs and she went tumbling down the stairs and because of too much blood loss she died. I watched." she opened her eyes, they were glassy and no emotion shone through as she spoke the last part. "He made my friend leave forever and blamed me for my mom's death and locked me in our basement with little or no food and water for days..and when I wasn't there...I was doing things for him and his friends. She gulped, "Thankfully my neighbor called, hearing me scream on more than one occasion and the police took him away and my friend, who turned out to be a satyr took me to camp half blood right away. I was 10." she finished, looking nowhere, her eyes glassed over, trying not to let any tear penetrate.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Landon's face softened. His eyebrows curved up into a triangular roof shape in sympathetically. Cautiously, he looked the girl up and down, determining whether a hug would be appropriate or not. He would've stepped closer and embraced the girl, but that probably would've scared her, or worse, pissed her off. Not doing so would probably be the best choice.

Losing a parent is harsh; he already knew that. Having one betray him? He couldn't fathom the thought. Thoughts of his own childhood flooded back to him, and keeping a straight face was difficult. A flare of his nostrils as he took in a slightly shaky breath, and he collected himself, wiping the thoughts from his mind. It was unimportant, irrelevant to the situation. And he had to forget, had to stop caring or it would tear him apart on the spot. Another mental breakdown was not what the night needed.

"That's..." Collecting his thoughts was difficult, as a proper verbal response for the aforementioned events was impossible. Not enough emotion could be put into any words he said to truly represent his feelings. "A past," He sighed, "That you need to put behind you, because none of it could be helped. Not by you or your mother or your satyr friend. It made you who you are today, and... And has shaped you as a person. It has taught you to cherish, love, and never take anything for granted, because anything can be taken away at any given moment."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Miranda thought over what he had just said, 'Anything could be taken away at any given moment.' she looked into his eyes. His face was sympathetic towards her. She felt an impulse to do something that she never has before, she hugged him. She hugged him on the spot. It was weird for her the last person she hugged was her... she didn't need to think about that.

She looked at Landon after awkwardly parting. "What about you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow after wiping away anymore tears that she might have. "If you don't want to tell me..." she bit her lip, "It's fine. I get that you don't talk a lot." she smiled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:07 am

Landon resisted the urge to immediately pull away from the girl successfully, just twitching slightly and tensing his body. When she pulled away, he eyed her critically. "Don't...do that." His cheeks turned pink, and he wasn't quite sure why. Must've been from the cold or something. "What about me...?" He asked uncertainly, not sure he wanted to get so far into this conversation. He had a faint idea as to where it was going, and didn't like it in the least.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 am

Miranda nodded her head. "Sorry. Got it. No hugging." she smiled. "Er...like, what about you, what's your history..." she peered at him from underneath her bangs, "If you don't mind that is." she smiled at him. her cheeks had turned slightly pink from the cold or something like that, she was sure of it. "Or if you want to go you can. I can just talk to my siblings..." she laughed at herself, Yeah right. they wouldn't talk to her, she was the idiot that just so happened to be their sister that they all thought belonged in Aphrodite's cabin with as much as she cared about her outfits. She shook her bangs out of her eyes. She smiled at him. No one in her entire life at camp had gotten her to smile truly, why was she now?
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:50 am

Landon's eyes shifted to the ground, and his grit his teeth, trying to keep his hands from instinctively moving to his stomach, or lack thereof. His past hadn't been as bad as Miranda's, but it hadn't been particularly... pleasant, either. He shifted his weight on his legs and kept his eyes fixated on the ground in silence. This girl... They had just met. What would she think of him, knowing that he had an eating disorder? Knowing that sometimes he didn't care if he died? Wanted to, in fact? What would her reaction be?

She'd probably notify someone. They'd probably take him away. Back to the mental institution where crazies like him were put...Where they belonged. No life outside the barred windows. Trapped within their own insanity. She couldn't be trusted with the information. She'd...she'd tell, for certain. And he'd be completely screwed. What did Chiron do with psycho demigods, anyway? Kill them?
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 am

Miranda could tell that he wouldn't tell her. "You don't have to tell me, but know that you can trust me. Always." she gave him a small smile. She didn't know what he was about to say, but if it was something that bad, she wouldn't go spilling his past to anyone, even it was bad to him. She would possibly try and help him if he needed any, she wasn't going to tell Chiron who would most likely make him stay in the infirmary for a long time until he thought that he had healed. Miranda, being a daughter of Apollo had to do that to someone once, a long time ago. She smiled, "You can trust me. I promise, no matter how bad it is, I won't tell anyone."
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Landon muttered curses under his breath, then reluctantly raised his eyes from the snow to meet Miranda's, searching for...something. A hint of honesty behind her promises. Some sign of interest or curiosity. Something else, maybe. He inhaled, his breath wavering as it bounced through his throat like a pinball. "..." His mouth was open, but he couldn't make himself say anything. His mind and mouth refused to utter the words. Strangely enough, his heart was telling him that it was okay. That she could be trusted, against all the odds. Finally, his jaw clicked shut, and he just shrugged. "...Stuff. Stuff happened."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Miranda looked at him, "Stuff isn't very specific, but if that's all you want to tell me then..." she sighed, "Fine. You don't have to say anything." she looked at him, smiling slightly, "Just know that if you want to talk, the girl in the weird little kid costumes is in the Apollo cabin." she smiled, waving at him. "She turned, "And Landon?" she smiled, "Thanks. You're the first person that really knows about what happened." she gave him a slight nod. her face held a small bit of sorrow because he didn't trust her, she knew that trust took time. But even if she told him her past, the past that she was ashamed of, the past that no one knew, even her only other friend didn't know what her dad did in the basement for those few month, Miranda never wanted to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Landon chewed his bottom lip until it bled--not that it was difficult to make bleed, the icy winds had chapped them up something fierce--and fixed his eyes on the small of her back. She was leaving, and this would probably be his only chance. Work, voice, work! "W-what..." Warm air flared through his nostrils and he sighed. "Stuff...happened. Bad stuff. My dad...I didn't see him much...He was always busy, but... He took care of me. We took care of each other..." His voice trailed off, as he chose his words carefully. Actually I took care of myself, and I didn't really ever ask him to spend time with me. I'm an idiot for that and I can't ever take it back.

"He was going to work one day, like usual. I was getting myself on the bus and...when...When I got to school..." He cleared his throat as a film of gloss covered his eyes. They sparkled under the light of the moon, and with a quick wipe with the back of his sleeve he forced the tears away. "I got called down to the principal. I thought I was... in trouble, you know? I wasn't a very good student; always got the homework questions wrong and failed the tests. He was always busy so I could never stay after or I didn't have a ride home." He shook his head and inhaled shakily. "So I went and they said, 'We're sorry, Landon. Your dad is dead....'" On the last word his voice cracked, and he raised one sleeve covered hand over his mouth.

His nose was bright red and his eyes puffy. He stared dejectedly into the snow for a while in silence, before shrugging finally. "I got moved around a lot... Khione didn't take me so I moved around foster homes. I did... stupid things. Got sent... away." A nervous laugh escaped him, as well a shimmering tear that slid down his face. "Did some stupid things...stupid...things..." Things that he still did. Old habits, biting, poisonous. Landon always fell back to them.

Finally, he mustered the courage to look up into Miranda's eyes. He didn't notice the tremor in his legs, the chill tingling down his spine. His cheeks and forehead radiated with heat, despite the frigid air. He felt like an idiot. Embarrassed by his story. Terrified of how Miranda might react.

Guess I'm going to be sent back, after all.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Miranda looked at him, amazed that he really did tell her his story. She looked at him with sad eyes, "I promise I won't tell anyone. Even if you go and tell someone my secret past, I won't tell." she said softly, she walked back over to him, "Tell me, do you still do those stupid things Landon?" she asked, looking directly into his eyes, like she was able to tell the truth just by looking into them.

Even if she tried to deny it, the fact still kept popping up in her mind, You like him, you care for him. she didn't know what to make of those thoughts yet really. She pulled her jacket closer to her because of the frigid air, "You don't need to be embarrassed by your past." she said quietly, hm, she didn't take her own advice, but he should.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Landon's shoulders dropped, and he sighed, suddenly very exhausted. He shrugged carelessly. "Yeah." He avoided her eyes. She'd probably give him the you-shouldn't-harm-yourself talk like everybody else who knew that he did liked to tell him. Of course he shouldn't, but the urge fed off his grief. Took him, consumed him when he was most vulnerable. And then suddenly, the habits of the old, unstable Landon returned.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Miranda hated to hear it. "I bet a lot of people have told you to stop. I know it's hard to stop old habit, I mean, look at my breakdowns, my boundaries that I've set. Anyone can try to stop, but you truthfully never can without help, or trust and belief in yourself." she sighed, "I won't tell you to stop, it's who you are, if it's been around for so long that you can't, then No one can truthfully tell you to stop, because no one knows the real you and how to help."

She got closer to him, carefully, she didn't get very close to people, that hug was basically a once in a lifetime thing. "All I can really say to you Landon, is that I hope none of it is affecting the amazing guy that you are now, because if you let it go too long... you depend on it. You can't live without the boundaries you set up for yourself. You can try to stop, live life at the fullest, you can try. But it get's to be too hard, so hard you can never stop."

"I will say the one thing that maybe a lot of people have said to you, maybe they haven't, but I care for you, I care if you hurt yourself. You're the guy that helped me during my major breakdown back there, the one other person who really knows what my past is. I care if you end up hurting yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Landon retreated into himself, eyes dropping to the ground again. She was trying not to be one of those people, but still managed to be. "I don't hurt myself." He muttered quietly, putting his hands into his sweatshirt pockets and shivering. I just don't eat...And also like to walk in front of trains. No big deal, right? Nobody would care, he was the vomit of a faulty system. Thousands of kids felt his pain and loss. Thousands of kids ended up dumped onto the streets. They got into drugs, fights, gangs. He ended up relatively well, he thought. Minus the occasional whim of suicide.

But she cared, apparently. And that..was probably something, right? He pulled one hand out and ran his fingers through his hair, before returning it into the warmth of his pocket. His fingers were blotchy and discolored. Crap.

Landon took a nervous step back. That was probably another something he should explain. How he turned various colors at random times. With any luck, Miranda didn't see. The last thing he needed was to have to person who he just spilled most of his life to to get up and walk away in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Miranda saw his hands, she wondered what had happened, or why they were like that, confusion showed on her face as she looked at him. Not pushing, just curiosity. "I'm sorry, i probably sound like a bunch of all the other crap you get." she looked down. She sighed, well, shoot. She just messed up everything. She closed her eyes, trying to calm any bit of her that was rigid and mad at herself. Usually, she would even be this close to a guy. She was maybe two or three feet away. She bit the back of her piercing to comfort herself. "Sorry." she mumbled, that was what she did when she felt it was all her fault, which was usually a lot of the time. Her father had morphed her into a girl who took blame on herself for everything, a girl who couldn't look someone straight in the eyes for more than a minute. Who barely trusted anyone. he made a girl that now.. suffered from nightmares about her days and nights in the basement, and not being able to be touched without thinking of what he did to her.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Landon could see the surprise and confusion on her face. Dammit, he wasn't fast enough. "Condition." He shrugged, trying to make it seem nonchalant. "Raynaud's Disea--phenomenon." Disease always sent up a red flag. God forbid she thought that meant something like cancer or herpes. "Doesn't do much... And you can't get it." He was sure to ad the last part on, because people these days were petrified of anything even remotely similar to illness. Raynaud's wasn't what every day people picked up like a cold. It was a condition. Sometimes, the causes are known, other times, Raynaud's is just a symptom of a more worrying disease. Luckily, Landon had the idiopathic version(as far as he knew, anyway) so it wasn't related to anything worse.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Miranda nodded, "I know, I work at the infirmary, I'm Apollo's kid remember?" she smiled, "I wouldn't freak out." she smiled at him. "I always heard about Raynaud Disease, but I've never seen it." she furrowed her eyebrows. "I know that it only happens in the cold and that you can't catch it, that it's just a condition." she looked at him, "You don't have to worry about me leaving you know that right?" She gave him a lopsided smile.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Landon frowned. "It's not just from the cold. It can also be triggered by emotional and mental stress." He moved his fingers so that they were hidden in his sleeves, self-conscious now. With a blink he replied, "You'll have to go to bed at some time... I don't think the Khione cabin is... warm enough for a daughter of Apollo.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Miranda nodded, "Right. Sorry, I don't know al lot about it. I know some key points." she mumbled. She looked at him, putting on one of her fake happy smiles, "Well, that's so true, that all Apollo kids don't like that cold," she held a tiny bit of sarcasm to her voice," right. Good night then Landon." she turned, a frown appearing on her face as soon as he couldn't see. Now she could go and cry herself to sleep. She sighed, hugging her jacket close to her.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Landon said nothing further to the girl. Instead, he retreated back to his cabin, where he stroked his sea shell collection a few times and thought about how he divulged all of his information into this strange girl he had just met and thrown a snowball at. Weird, this feeling he had for her. It was like, everything he did was somehow justifiable. Somehow it was okay, for her, and only her. After trying to figure out what it was and coming up empty, he nestled into his bunk and turned out the lights to sleep.

The next day started similarly to the last. Being a Khione kid, he was stuck helping out with the festival. And, of course, the pointless snow cone machine. At least it didn't attract attention though, except for maybe a few laughs. He showered and changed into a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. He slid a gray hoodie on over that, and then a Penguin's Hockey Jersey on top of that one. Afterward, he headed off to the festival to man his shift at the snow cone cart.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Miranda didn't have a good night, she had nightmares about her father, vividly remembering what he had done, not to mention staying up awake in her bed trying to sort out why she spilled everything to a guy that she had just met. So, she didn't get any sleep which meant in the morning she didn't want to bother with putting on a costume. She was wearing black skinnies and a black and white hoodie with checkered vans, she somehow ended up walking back to his little sno-cone cart. She walked up, a fake smile on her face, "Hey, can I have one?" she asked, tilting her head.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:21 pm

"Uhm, sure..." Landon blinked, taking out a paper cone and scooping some ice in it. "What flavor?" He eyed the girl curiously. She was back, and smiling, but...something seemed off about it. Did something go astray last night? I thought it went well, surprisingly. But, maybe he had misinterpreted something.

His stomach knotted, and he had to restrain from growling at his idiocy. He shouldn't have told her about anything. Not about his father, not about his stay at the institution, not about his suicidal tendencies, eating disorders or even Raynaud's. It had been a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Miranda smiled, "Cherry, please." she wasn't thinking right today, her dreams had scared her. She kept thinking that her dad had gotten out of jail and was looking for her, which was ridiculous, because... it was one of the top jails in New York, you couldn't break out easily, but something was turning in her stomach, it wasn't about Landon, and she worried that that was what he though. "Er, sorry if I seem a little off today. It's not because of you. I just want you to know." she added awkwardly. She sighed, sitting on the cart with him after getting the Sno-cone. "Have you ever had dreams that seemed so real..." she closed her eyes, "That it seemed like it was really true, that it was going to affect you?" she asked, looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:32 pm

An expression of darkness flashed across his face, but as soon as it came, it disappeared, and his features were in a neutral position once again. He walked around the cart and leaned against the front, crossing his arms and gazing out. "Yeah, I do." His dad, not being dead. Scratching at his casket. Screaming, choking. Getting out in a daze and searching for Landon. Looking high and low and finding him at camp half blood, exhausted, destroyed, and asking, "Why did you leave?"

Not that Landon thought his dad would come back. But every once in a while the scenario played in his head. That maybe, hopefully, his dad was alive somewhere. But then he felt like he had abandoned his dad. He already felt like he didn't try hard enough to get to know the guy. He was young, it couldn't be helped. Nobody thought Mr. Greene was gonna die so soon, but... Things happen. He sighed through his nose and turned to Miranda. "Wanna talk about it?" A simple question, if yes, he'd listen. If no, the subject would be dropped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Khione... wait what?   Apollo and Khione... wait what? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apollo and Khione... wait what?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next