Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Essie closed her eyes as she let the soft breeze go over her as she walked in the forest. She had no idea where she was now, she had been walking for a good 30 minutes or so, and she didn't pay attention to where she was going. 'You are not lost.' she thought to her self. She shook her head as she paused to try to take in her surroundings. Tree, tree, another tree, a tree stump...she shook her head and sat down, this was useless. She had no idea where she was, that was wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Newborn life replacing all of us, changing this fable we live in.
No longer needed here so where do we go?
Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of death?
But girl, what if there is no eternal life?
Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) Tumblr_ljxdq2rcI21qclf0do1_500
I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time.
But I'm too young to worry.
Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost.
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over.
| B E N J A M I N | R E E D |
| S O N | O F | T H A N A T O S |

Bejamin was wondering through the forest aimlessly, so it wasn't a suprise if he would get lost or not. However, with his long seven years at camp, he was pretty sure he understood the area well enough to find his way through.

He could be wrong, but he was sure that if he was, someone would find him.

As if on cue, the son of Thanatos noticed a girl near a tree stump. He wasn't really social at all, and in fact more of an introvert, so he usually wouldn't be the one to give the greeting first. Though, in those situations, he was usually the one being found. He was almost always alone in a secluded area, and the peace would suddenly be disturbed by someone's footsteps, and then a conversation would spark up between the two. So in all honesty, he never got the private time he wanted. He had to be more careful, that way he isn't blowing his 'I want to keep a low profile' sort of thing.

"Hello," Ben said, tipping his gray fedora in a mannerly way towards the girl.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Essie jumped at the sound and looked up to see a boy looking at her. "Hi." she said, looking at him. She leaned against the stump, was she supposed to admit that she got lost? That wasn't going to happen. She looked at the sky, if she knew her stars like she should maybe she could find her way back to the camp. She had been at CHB for 7 years, so she should know her way around this camp like she knew the back of her hand. No, of course she didn't, just like she couldn't fight with a sword. She shook her head at herself. "I'm Essie." she said, looking at the boy again.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

"Benjamin Reed," he replied in his calm, deep tone of voice, "son of Thanatos."

Ben looked at the sky, recalling a few constellations he remembered reading about. He could see the most obvious one, the Big Dipper, and then Ursa Major which collaborates with the ladel constellation. Even for a child of the god of the underworld, Ben could still find time to read. Expanding his knowledge was one of his top priorities, especially since he is missing out on school at camp.

"What bring you all the way out this deep in the forest?" he asked almost nonchalently.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Essie sighed and admitted, "Walking and getting myself lost...again." she laughed lightly at herself. She had dropped out of High-school to be able to stay at the camp, either way she would've had to at one point. She was 2 grades ahead in her 'Special needs' school anyways, she could've graduated. She sighed, "Daughter of Apollo." she said, she hated saying his name, just because of what her did to her mom, her family. She glared at the sky for a moment and looked down, trying to think where she could be.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Benjamin observed the daughter of Apollo's body language, realizing that she was either uncomfortable with his presence, or she was remembering something really important to her. He tried to look like he didn't know, and said, "Lovely evening, isn't it?"

Ben always wore his stone faced expression, except when he wanted to show his emotions. Other than that, he let his style of clothing do the talking. He sat down by the tree stump, and scanned the sky of stars.

"May I have your name?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Essie looked at him, his face was expressing nothing. She let it go and said, "Yeah, sorry. I'm Essie or Es." she smiled, her past life still in the back of her head. she bit her lip, she hoped she gave nothing away. She sighed, living in Brooklyn had it's downsides, like not being able to see stars clearly. She half smiled to herself as she pulled her jacket closer to her because of the gust of wind that blew through the trees. Why did it have to get cold? She wondered to herself.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 pm

"That's a nice name. Is it short for something?" He met her eyes, not wanting be rude with avoiding eye contact.

As he waited for her reply, Ben looked at her intentively, but not too intentively. He realized that she actually was kind of pretty, inside and out, despite the fact she was hiding a few things from him. They just met, too.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Essie sighed, "Short for Esmeralda." She groaned, "I hate that name." she admitted, since when did she just say her full name to some guy that she had just met? She looked at him carefully, he was cute in a way that maybe most people wouldn't see, he was nice...he just didn't talk that much, but she didn't mind that really. She had just met him too.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Ben nodded his head as she spoke as a sign of respect that he was paying attention to her. He couldn't comprehend why Essie hated her name, but then again, that name probably brought back a past full of famil fued and pain. He decided not to ask, and moved right into another subject.

"So how long have you been at camp? Not as long as me, maybe? Seven years?"

If only his father hadn't made him start his training early, he wouldn't have been at camp for so long. Then again, Ben always did find a way to look on the bright side of things, and realized that the intense training was probably for his own good. Though, every once in a while he can't help to think how is mother has been after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Essie turned her head to look at him, "you've been here seven years too?" she asked in wonder. Maybe he would know about what happened five years ago. How come she had never seen him? Her head wasnow burstin with questions. She looked at him with and eyebrow raised.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Ben answered with a simple nod of his head. He couldn't exactly tell her why or how he came; the events were just to painful. He didn't like to dwell on the past, but that part of him always stuck-- free to roam in his mind forever; bashing him with every ounce of heartbreak it had in itself, and planning to eat away at his very soul-- his heart, until there was absolutely nothing left.

"So that's one thing in common for us, I guess," he concluded, his eyes focusing on the stars.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Essie smiled kindly, she sensed that he didn't want to talk about the paat and neither did she. She sighed. "it's at least nice out here." she looked up at the sky, Ben didn't say much but she didn't mind, she looked him over again, he looked like he had secrets and didn't talk much in general, maybe he would talk to her.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 pm

"Yeah. Quiet, too."

Benjamin let the peace calm his mind, breathing in the fresh air, and then slowly releasing it from his lungs. He tried to enjoy the nature around him-- the flowers closing their buds for the night, the sound of crickets, the leaves on the branches of trees that swayed when the wind caressed them in it's arms: it was all so peaceful, so quiet, so enjoyable. He could probably spend the night here in the forest--with Essie or not--and feel completely at ease; his troubles, vanquish.

"Is there anything on your mind?" he asked, keeping the conversation steady. "I mean, anything that you would like to share?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Essie said without thinking, "Why can't penguins fly?" she blushed a deep red, chuckling at herself lightly. "Sorry, sometimes I can't think out what I'm exactly saying..." she smiled at him. She scrunched her eyebrows together, "But why can't they? They have wings...and they don't have to use them just for swimming do they?" she asked, tilting her head. She always had silly little questions in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 pm

For the first time in years, Ben managed a very, very, small smile. He let out a quick, soft laugh; still smiling. "I guess it's their weight."

After that short, happy moment, Benjamin returned to his stone-faced expression. He knew the dangers of showing his emotions, and he planned on never letting it happen again. It may not seem like it, but the son of Thanatos is a soft, delicate soul-- one that is hard to understand, but able to comprehend if he lets you.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Essie's mind went to some ease, she had gotten him to smile. "Are you lost too, or do you know where we are at all?" she asked, looking at him sideways. If he didn't know it was fine, but if he knew where they were, that would've been great. She thought about 7 years ago when she came in the small bit of silence, she had never really noticed him before. She never really noticed anything as a 9 year old. She shook her head and leaned back against the tree stump, "I honestly have no idea where we are." she smiled a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:50 pm

"Yeah, I know where we are. It might be hard to navigate in the dark, though."

Benjamin shook his head left and right, scanning for a way out of the forest and back to camp. It was already too dark, which would be a plus for him. If he could manipulate the shadows to a point where they could actually see, he might just be able to lead them out.

However, a part of him didn't want to leave the spot he was in now-- alone in the forest with Essie. It wasn't just the fact that he enjoyed everything around him, but he was appreciative of having another human being to talk to at this very moment.

"You know, you look pretty in the moonlight." Ben wasn't a flirt or a player, but one that strongly believed in the truth. If he thought something--negative or positive--he wasn't afraid to say it out loud.

"I mean, not to make you uncomfortable or anything. I'm just complimenting you." It might have seemed odd of him to say that with his expressionless face; a compliment like that coming out of his mouth. Whether it was weird or not, Ben didn't care; it was who he was, and he wasn't going to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 am

Essie blushed, "Um, thanks." she smiled, maybe it would be too dark for them to be able to go. She didn't really want to leave Ben, she was having fun being around somebody who didn't feel like silence was awkward. She put a piece of her bangs subconsiously behind her her, she never had thought she was prety before. She sighed and tried to keep the emotions of how she felt inside, but that was hard for her to do.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

"You're welcome."

Benjamin could only imagine the retaliation he would have recieved if Essie wasn't as understand. Freak. Loser. It would have probably been what any other girl would do; though, he didn't care. He was perfectly fine with being alone almost all the time.

"Did anything good happen today?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Essie shrugged, "I guess finally being able to beat an ares kid in training today..." she trailed, not because of the memory, but because she was half lying. She had beat a son of ares in training, but that wasn't the best thing that had happened that day. She didn't think he would need to know that though. She sighed and looked over at him, "What about you? Anything good happen?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:39 pm

"No, no. I don't really experience that much joy anymore."

Ben didn't mean to sound manipulative, like he was wanting Essie's sympathy; he was more mature than that. Rather, it was his real answer--he truly didn't encounter much happiness in his life. It could have been the fact that he was the son of an underworld deity, or something else--like an important factor in his life was missing.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Essie sighed, "Sorry about that." she felt as if he didn't want sympathy, she knew that if nothing good had happened to her lately, she wouldn't want sympathy. She smiled sadly. "Do you believe that certain things happen for a reason?" she asked, looking over at him. Now she sounded sort of crazy in the way she phrased the question. She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Benjamin stood up and shook his hands dismissevely.

"It's not your fault. Don't feel guilty for something you didn't do."

Ben didn't know how to respond to Essie's question. Do you believe certain things happen for a reason? he asked himself, contemplating on the possible answers. It's very possible. The Fates are the ones that shape the lives of everyone--human and demigod alike. People encounter problems all throughout their life--there will be no change in that--it always has been for a certain purpose. Chaos and order is what keeps the balance alive--equilibrium, they call it. Everything has a purpose--pain and happiness.

"Yes, I do." he said simply. "Is there something troubling you?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

[color=orange]Essie shook her head quickly, "No, not really. Just..." she thought for a second, "A question to ask." she shrugged. So much was on her mind. She didn't really want to tell though. She looked over at him, "But, for the record...so do I." she smiled a small smile towards him. She didn't really care if or when they got back to the camp. She was having a fine time here with Ben, even if he didn't talk a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)   Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting Unexpectedly (Private to Bre)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next