Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) Empty
PostSubject: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 pm

I sat down in the cool autumn night beach sand. As I looked into the sky I saw several familiar constellations and the stray star or two. I heard the quiet lapping of the waves a couple feet away from my position. I linked my hands together and placed them at the back of my head and layed down on the sand. I stayed in that position for Zeus knows how long, but I didn't care: it was relaxing. It was times like this where I remembered the family I left back in Connecticut, but even though that was two years ago, I still think it was for the best. After all, I knew what I was, I could never be a true part of their family. This was my new home; my new family. Everything was always for the best. I thought about my last thought as a shooting star raced across the sky.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/erika.f.lincoln
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Essie walked along the edge of the beach letting the cool water hit her black jeans. She looked up and tilted her head slightly. Who was that? she had never seem him. She went over closer. "Um, Hi." she looked at the boy. He wasn't bad looking at all." she kept her emotions hidden. "What'cha doing?" she asked, looking at him. She then realized that she had to seem stalkerish at that moment, "I'm Essie Medley. Daughter of Apollo." she half smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 pm

I looked up and saw a girl of maybe my age talk to me. Well, I assumed she was talking to me seeing as though we were the only two at the beach at this hour. "Hey," I greeted in my low voice. "I'm Chris, son of Urania." I said to Essie. "What brings you to the beach at this hour?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 pm

[color=orange]Essie shrugged and sat next to the boy. "training was crazy today." she shrugged, "Just came to relax." she smiled at him. "What about you?" she asked, she didn't want to scare the kid away. She smiled at him. She forced her mind to focus, which was hard because of her ADHD. She looked at him trying to figure out if she had ever seen him before.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:47 pm

"Eh, I'm a child of the Muse of astronomy. Gazing at the stars is somewhat of a hobby for me." I said. "I thought the beach would've been a great place for the night. Although, with the season's changing and such, it won't be possible to do unless I wear two different hoodies. Sea breeze can be brutal, especially at night."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Just as he said that a shiver went down her back as she pulled her jacket closer to her body. she already had another jacket on. "I know what you mean." she sighed and put her head on her knees. "It's so pretty out here. At night." she added looking at the stars. "Winter sucks." she said pulling her jacket closer to her for warmth.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm

I saw Essie shiver a bit and pull her jacket closer to here. I grabbed the ends of my hoodie and taking it off to reveal my shortsleeved v-neck. I placed the hoodie on her shoulders and said, "Wouldn't want you to be cold now." As soon as the jacket left my body, I realized how cold it really was, but that's what my fatal flaw was for: sacrifice for others.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Essie smiled but saw him shiver. She shook her head. She laughed slight;y. "Take it. I'll be fine." she smiled and gave it back smiling. She didn't want him to get sick. She sighed. " I'll be fine." she smiled, "Daughter of Apollo...good at healing..." she winked. "I won't get terribly sick," she looked at him, "You will however if you don't put the jacket on." she smiled kindly at him.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:05 pm

"I looked at Essie. "Yeah, you're right, chivalry is dead. It is freezing out here tonight!" I said, hurriedly putting the jacket back on. "Here, I have a compromise." I said, putting an arm around her shoulders. "This way, we'll both be somewhat warm." I said. I hoped Essie didn't think I was weird and run off.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Essie smiled. "Compromise." she put her head on his shoulder, trying to keep warm. "I don't think I've ever heard anybody mention that." she smiled. "It's nice actually.: she laughed slightly. She smiled tucking her head in his chest. "You're warm." she mumbled. Her cheeks turned red as she realized she had said that out loud.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm

I chuckled at Essie's compliment - or at least, I hoped it was a compliment. "Thanks," I said, softer than before. This was nice. I used my free hand and pointed towards the sky. "That one over there...That's the big dipper." I said, pointing at the well known constellation. "It's pretty common, so you've probably heard of it before."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Essie smiled. "I've heard of it, but I've never actually seen it before." she half-smiled. "I Lived in Harlem and Brooklyn before i got here." she smiled weakly. "There was too much light pollution." she sighed as she looked at the stars. They were so clear in the sky. "It's amazing." she sighed.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 pm

"That stinks. Any pollution sucks. I lived in Connecticut so I was pretty lucky." I said. "My family owne beach front property. When I was seven I would sneak out and lay on the beach and watch the stars." I had never been this talkative and open. Why all of a sudden was I now?
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Essie shrugged, I lived in the bad parts of the city, it was all my mom could afford." she sighed, When did she ever talk about her mom this openly? Since when did she ever talk about Harlem and Brooklyn like it was nothing to her? She gave a weak smile. "I used to go down to Maryland and go to Annapolis for a week or to with my mom until..." she trailed. She was never this open. She couldn't talk about her mom anymore. It hurt too much.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 pm

I felt her tense up and stop talking about her mom. I hugged Essie's shoulders tighter, bringing her closer to me. "Hey," I said softly and comfortingly. "It's okay. You don't have to talk about it. Shh, it's okay," I started rubbing her shoulder with my hand.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Essie's eyes were brimmed with tears she wiped them away and smiled sadly at him. "I know I'm probably not the only person that had the same problem..." she sighed, "It just seems different." she put her head into his chest. She wanted to cry. She wouldn't cry though. Not now. She wanted to stay in his arms. He was so nice, and warm, and kind. She slightly smiled again, her full smile not coming up again. She wanted to forget about what happened to her when she lived there. She wished that she could forget easily.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:39 pm

I removed my arm from Essie's shoulder and used the side of my hand to bring her face to look at mine. "It's always different for each demigod. Every demigod has a story. Your's is your's, her's is her's, their's is their's and so on. But your story is your's and it affects you and I'm here for you, Essie," I said as I looked into her eyes. I grabbed other hand and wiped any possible tears from her face with the sleeve of my jacket that covered the palm of my hand.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Essie looked into his eyes. They locked. She didn't want to move her eyes away. It was something she hadn't felt before. Something she had sworn when her father left her mother broken to never let happen to her. She denied any fact against it. She sighed as she looked into his eyes still. She sniffed wiping her own little tears. She let her hand fall to where his was.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 am

Essie's hand slid to where mine was, but I liked the movement. There was something about Essie. She was different; She made me feel different. I continued to stare into her eyes, unsure of my next move. So I didn't move. I sat there as still as an ADHD-diagnosed demigod could and looked back into Essie's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Essie didn't know what she was doing. She knew she was feeling something. And for a guys she barely knew as well. She wanted to be with him the whole night. She leaned in towards him slowly. Then sh heard some leaves from the bushes crunch. She turned towards the sound. Why did something always happen when things were looking good?
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 pm

As Essie leaned in, my mind shouted No! you just met her, but my heart was too busy doing a backflip to say anything. I was so close, but she turned at the sound of crackling of leaves. I mentally cursed and looked in the direction of the noise. After a few minutes, I spoke up and said "It must've been the wind," quietly just incase it really wasn't the wind.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Essie got up quietly to see what had made the noise. She sighed when a giggling nymph came out of the bushes. She was talking a mile a minute and Essie couldn't understand. She led the nymph away from where Chris was. "Not the wind...just," she looked over at the leaving nymph, "a giggling nymph." she sighed and lied down. "It's funny isn't it?" she asked aloud, "You can meet someone, and feel like you've known them for forever." she smiled at him and sighed again. I hope i didn't just mess things up. She thought to herself. It got warmer all of a sudden outside, she took off her jacket, when the jacket came off, her secrets became out in the open, her arms were covered in scars.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:43 pm

As Essie took off her jacket, it revealed lines and marks up her arms. I was, to say the least, shocked and I tensed up in surprise. "E-Essie," I said with slight alarm. "Whta happened?" It was probably ruse to ask, but I was also the typical guy who didn't filter or think about what he said until he said it. I reached out with my hand and touched her arm with my normally cold fingers; feeling the scars.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Essie realized her mistake and flinched away from his touch. She quickly went over to her jacket and flung it on. "Nothing, w-why would you think that?" she asked, she was a horrible liar, but she had to try something.
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 pm

"Essie, what was that all over your arms?" I tried, a little curious to determine what had happened. "What was with all of those...those marks?" He stood up and walked closer to Essie. "The...the.." i tried looking for thw right word. "Scars."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))   The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beach At Twilight ((Essie!))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next