Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) Empty
PostSubject: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) Callareal

Blond hair poked out from the green as Calla sat up from the middle of the forest. It took her a moment to remember what had happened. She had been exploring, looking for any plants that needed help and ended up falling asleep among the noises of the forest. She enjoyed exploring the forest, even though it relaxed her enough to where she would fall asleep. She also enjoyed helping her own garden grow. Standing, she found her gardening trowel and decided to go to work on the plants near her.

Calla had always wanted to be a botanist, even before she found out that her mother was Demeter, Goddess of Harvest. It wasn't hard to believe that her mother was Demeter. Growing up, it was hard to read English and she had been too active in class, not wanting to sit but walk around instead. Then her father's stories about her mother started to change and contradict, so she expected something.
Digging into the dirt with her trowel, Calla uncovered a plant that hadn't quite came out of the ground yet, and concentrated on it. It grew at least an inch. She stared at it for a moment, debating whether it would be fine or not, then stood and started walking father into the forest.

Last edited by RainbowVeins on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) Tumblr28

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) Zane11
Love is the weapon for this lukewarm congregation
And love is the only thing that's kept me believing

I walked around the forest, singing loudly and playing my harmonica to keep me in tune. I was an average singer, not amazingly like the famous ones. I smiled and blew my harmonica. I sang about the forest as I felt the dirt between my bare feet. I started dancing around too. Why not? It's not like people were gonna execute me for disturbing the peace! ...At least I hoped not. Oh well. I kept dancing around, singing and blowing my harmonica.
People didn't like me much. I mean, a hippie Hermes kid? Oh well. They could...choke on a knife? No. That would hurt. I mean, I was a jerk but not that mean. I stopped singing and dancing and sat up against a tree. I looked up at the sunny, cloudless sky. "Beautiful day!" I spoke to myself. I began to play some enlightening tunes on my harmonica. I looked up and saw a blonde girl walking through the forest. I decided to make a new friend. I stood up and cupped my hands around my mouth and bellowed "HELLO, PRETTY BLONDE GIRL THAT'S WALKING WITH A SHOVEL THINGY!" I laughed after I heard myself. I was subtle, wasn't I?

And love is the weapon for this wounded generation
Love is the only thing that's kept me believing

OOC: By the way, I finished fixing up Zane! Check him out!
Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:18 am

Calla turned to look at him and scowled. Why is he shouting? She wasn't too far away from him and could see him clearly but couldn't place a name with his face. "It's not a shovel. It's a trowel." Rolling her eyes, she stared at him, then looked at bit confused. He called me pretty. It was unusual for Calla to be complimented. She wasn't used to it. It gave her a feeling in her stomach that she couldn't exactly describe. Studying him, Calla suddenly realized he wasn't wearing shoes either. She wanted to smile, but instead kept her usual unamused look.

OOC: I did! I love him. 8D
I'm going to try switching points of view. Let me know if it sucks. xD
Nevermind. It didn't work out so well.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 am

I smiled at the girl. "Sorry for being loud, it's in my nature." I said in a normal tone. I walked closer to her. "Oh. Trowel. Gotcha." I said with a small smirk. I walked around her, studying her. I was probably freaking her out. I honestly didn't mean to, though. "Name is Zane. Hermes. What about you, blondie?" I asked her with a smile. I leaned against a nearby tree and kept studying her. She seemed earthy. I assued Demeter, but I would let her tell me herself.

Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:41 am

Calla wasn't used to being stared at. Usually people didn't look her way and no one really talked to her. "It's okay." She felt a little weak-kneed, but was too proud to acknowledge it. "Zane, huh?" His name rolled off her tongue with ease. She had heard his name through gossip from somewhere before. Apparently, a few girls thought he was attractive. She studied him a bit more, realizing he wasn't bad looking. Actually, she had almost forgotten what he'd said. Dismissing his little nickname for her already, she spoke, "Oh. I'm Calla, Demeter. You're a Hermes kid?" He seemed more like Demeter than Hermes to her, but she guessed it would be pretty odd to think your fellow Demeter kid was attractive.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:51 am

I looked at her with a smile. I stood upright. "Zane is the name, mischief is the game." I told her with a mischievous smirk. "Calla, you say?" I asked her, walking around her again. "Pretty. It suits you. I think I'll still use blondie." I said with a smile. "Demeter? Nice. I have a Demeter side myself. And Hermes is correct. Most people think it's off, but I say screw it." I said with a chuckle. She was pretty cute. She seemed like a good person. I smiled at her once more.

Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 am

Her green eyes followed him as he walked. "That's right. My name's Calla." She wouldn't mind if he called her 'Blondie' but if anyone else did, she would most likely go off on them. It was strange thinking that she was actually talking to someone, and felt attracted to them. Calla was usually anti-social and a bit of a loner, only caring enough for plants than most people. Her knees still felt a bit weak, especially since he was circling around her like that. She felt as though her were going to pounce on her like a wild animal or something, but when she saw his smile Calla's thoughts changed and she couldn't help but to smile back. Her smile was only a tug of half of her lip, a half-smile, like the Mona Lisa.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 am

I stopped circling her and smiled. "So blondie, what do you do for fun?" I asked, leaning against a tree again. I adjusted the hat on my head and adjusted the jacket I was wearing. It was a breezy day, and I like wearing jackets anyway. This girl was, attractive. She looked like the quiet type. I was glad that I had managed to get her to talk to me. From what I'v heard, her looks could probably kill.

Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:38 am

Calla stared at him for a moment. "Fun? Well, gardening is always fun."
She did love gardening, more than most things in life. Though, it had never occurred to her that some people would actually want to hang out with her, and for that reason alone, she would have to do something that she necessarily didn't find fun at all. Maybe, just maybe, Calla decided, she could take a risk and do something else for a change. A thought struck her suddenly and Calla turned to glare at Zane. "Why? Did someone tell you that I'm boring?"
She suspected most campers didn't talk to her because they found her either intimidating because of her height or boring because of her talent and what she liked to do.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

"Gardening. Nice." I smiled. Then she glared. Damn. Her looks COULD kill. It scared me a wee bit. "No no no! Not at all! They just said you were quiet and tall. I don't think you're quiet, but you are quite tall." I said with a slight laugh. "My intentions of talking to you are pure, I swear." I told her, putting a hand over my heart.

Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Calla continued to glare for a moment longer. Her cheeks had turned pink. Sighing, she started to calm down. She didn't like being taller than everyone. It had started to affect her self-esteem. Calla noticed that she was even taller than Zane. Her cheeks were tinted pink, not from anger any longer, but from embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)   Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friends You Make Here, You Keep Forever (Closed to Woe, Is Rachel)
Page 1 of 1