Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) Empty
PostSubject: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) YExZb

I sat down abruptly as my legs seemed to give way, dropping right down onto the bench. The sound of steel tongs clanging loudly against the floor echoed loudly, as my twitching fingers lost their strength; the searingly hot metal plate, an alloy of aluminum and celestial bronze, made the cool water hiss and evaporate as it slowly sank to the bottom of the vat of cooling liquids; my tired breathing in an ever-steady rhythm filling the quieting room. These were the sounds that greeted my ears as I finally succumbed to exhaustion after almost three hours of non-stop work in creating new magic-compatible technology I wanted, no, needed, for my room. This plate was a vital component of the frame of a large touch-sensitive liquid crystal TV that I was going to attempt creating in the next few days.

Well, I was obviously going to have to take a breather.

Wiping sweat from around my head with a piece of ragged cloth, I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of someone at another workstation, hammering the shape of a new sword into a lump of glowing metal. Oh man. I concentrated hard, using all my mental focus to try to grasp that sixth sense... the awareness of thermal currents in metal. The power pulled me, and I just extended my mind and grasped the red hot parts. Leaning over, and placing my hand onto a furnace, my skin sparked for a second before the familiar feeling of natural warmth filled my aching limbs.

Strength rushed back into me, before I tasted gunmetal, the taste of adrenaline, and iron-tinged blood in my mouth. Uh oh. I had pulled the power too far again. I never really knew my limit, and clearly using the heat to bolster my tired body had been too much.

The brutal headache hit me like a wave of pain. My body felt refreshed, but my mind was going haywire... as my consciousness... slipped... away... The last thing I remembered was the sound of the door to the armory opening.

ANDREW NOVEMBER HYRULEAN . . . . . .

Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) Tumblr_lwm37gZAVa1r8be2co1_500

Skylar Cross

Skye was hoping to do some very rare work in the armory. Even as she opened the door, she grimaced. The heat made her wince a little. At that moment, she wanted to go to the beach and into the cool water. But, she knew she needed to make another knife, you know, just for fun. A simple one, not too fancy as she usually liked. Possibly one that she wouldn't mind losing in another mission.

Making her way to the back of the armory, Skye saw a familiar boy. Only problem was, he had passed out. She sighed inwardly, and dropped to her knees next to him. Carefully poking him in the cheek, she watched him for a moment. Feeling the side of his neck, some form of relief waded over her. He wasn't dead, at least. The rather quiet armory was off to Skye, and she frowned.

Skye shook his shoulder for a minute, and then seeing him not wake up made her frown again. Finally, she got frustrated and smacked him across the face. Skye anticipated him waking up, but even that didn't happen.

"Geez, he's like a rock or something..." she muttered while rolling her eyes.

She looked around her, and felt the small bit of energy that water brought her. She saw the vat of water she guessed he was using. She focused on it for a moment, and found that it was boiling. Changing the temperature to rather cold, so she wouldn't burn him or something. Swiftly, she moved her hands gently, making the water bend to her will. Skye willed the water to splash on the Hephaestus kid, and hopefully wake him up. She watched as the water doused the boy, and let a small smirk cross her face.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 pm

I came to with a gasp, as the water evaporated off of my heated skin. The steam wafted away as I coughed, and I wiped my eyes of tears and dust. I gave the girl over me an angry, pissed-off glare. I could still feel the water in my clothing sizzling as it rose in temperature. When I get knocked out completely, anything that comes towards me suddenly and with a trace of malicious intent meets high-temperature air around my skin. Heppy kid kinda thing, you know?

"Come on, I was having the best sleep of my life and you woke me up?"

Okay, that was an absolute blatant lie, as my head was still giving me this pleasant aching throb that seemed to hammer into my skull with blunt nails, but I didn't like the way she woke me up, and maybe I was just in a bad mood.

And I don't like talking to girls. Maybe Kara's fine, but girls just don't strike me as the best conversationalists.

I just lay there for a while, then I groaned, and gave the girl a half-lidded 'Are you kidding me' stare. Oh wait. She looked familiar. Poseidon cabin leader! Well, too bad. No one gets to splash me and then smirk at me.

Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) Tumblr14

Skylar Cross

Skye shook her head, stifling a laugh. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from doing so. "You looked like you were dead. Or at least looked like you were dying. Don't pass out in the armory next time," she said. She ran a hand back through her brown mop of hair, trying to get it out of her eyes. But no, it didn't want to cooperate. Her bangs fell forwards, covering her eyes a little.

Skye sat on a bench, and kicked her feet up on a table, leaning back. "So tell me, newbie Cabin Leader, how are things going. Ready to rage and quit yet?" she asked. She laughed a bit louder than she should have. When she was first made cabin leader, she thought it would be fun. but after a couple weeks of pretending to be nice to campers, she was ready to rip her hair out. It was just a fact, Skye was not easily nice to people.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 pm

I glowered at her under disheveled hair, suppressing an urge to throw handfuls of molten metal at her fac- ahem. Picking up the discarded tools from the floor, I unsteadily rose to my feet, stumbling a few times until I braced myself upon the forge bellows. On shaky feet, I groaned as I felt vapor continue to roll off of my clothing, casting light bending illusions on my vision. Finally feeling a little bit less worse for wear, I shot a backwards glance at the amused cabin leader Skye behind me. I frowned and replied, "Why are you even here, water... girl...? I didn't know Poseidon cabin leaders had to be in the forge."

I felt really angry at her for some reason. Just the way she was amused by the way I was in discomfort made me feel like someone had written a biography on me in...

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) Comic-Sans-Ms

I sighed, and dropped my hands into the vat of water as it was cooling to a manageable temperature, and with a grunt of effort, pulled out the metal plate. "Well? Why are you still here?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)   Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enemies Over Friends (CLOSED~ for my dear Skye)
Page 1 of 1