Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .

Go down 
+8
Liz loves Damian McGinty
Zan
Gazimu
Angel
jessica
Nico
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
Ninja Poet
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

So what do you think?
WORST IDEA OF THE CENTURY
I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
I like it. . . but. . .
I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
YES. HELL YES
I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
. . . Should I give a damn?
I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am

While I don't completely disagree with the secret sections that are viewable only by moderators/administrators at the moment being opened up to everyone, I think the main thing that needs to be done is just post crucial information in News & Updates so everyone knows what the major and important topics we are discussing in those specified sections. There's no need for the whole sections to be opened up if there is a constant flow of information from those sections to the rest of the forum, and therefore viewable by everyone regardless of whether those sections are opened or not.

The reason being is that we have to discuss other things within those sections, such as bans, infractions, and things like that, and those discussions have to be private. We can't send that information through PMs, because then we would have to circulate it around the entire CHB staff, which would make our fingers extremely tired. It would be easier for everyone if we just posted the most important topics that everyone needs to know about in the News & Updates.

As for the democracy idea, while I really like it, it's difficult to run a site this huge as a democracy. There has to be at least a few people who know what they're doing and who lead and run the site. If there isn't those few people, this site might just erupt into arguments again. While it's easy to think that CHB would be a lot better if it was a democracy, think about how difficult it would be to maintain peace and calmness on the site. Arguments could be much worse if there wasn't a few people who took charge.

I am most definitely not saying this to keep my administrative job, for those of you thinking that. That would be ridiculous and childish of me to do so. However, I am trying to give you an idea of the bad sides of having a democracy on a site this huge with a variety of so many different people.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:53 pm

i think members are feeling like they are entitled to more than they are meant to have... after all, we're only members for a reason, and it is in the best interest of the site for the staff to have a place where they can discuss things that members don't need to see.

at the same time, having some transparency between staff and membership would help reestablish the trust that was had in the "good ole days." I think that is what is lacking, a sense of trust. So many people have been burned that everyone feels they could be next.

idk if this is the case, but i agree that a balance needs to be met. It's unreasonable to ask that all secrets be exposed because that'll probably cause more hurt than it helps. At the same time, staff transparency is in their best interest as well. Members will leave if they don't feel comfortable with the staff, and we all don't want that.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 pm

How would you guys feel if we made a new forum instead? It would be called something like Forum Improvement and members, cabin leaders, and staff would collaborate to improve on the site. It would be checked way more often than the suggestion box and it would be different from suggestion box in a way, and you'd have more of a say in the site and nobody's feelings get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:39 pm

i think people would still feel like secrets were being kept from them. i'd rather things stay as the are, but i honestly don't care. i just know that certain things need to stay secret for the staff to be able to do their job effectively.

but i also understand wanting to be in the loop more.

that being said, i don't think that's a valid compromise to this situation. i think it's a great idea, but i don't think it fixes this complaint.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Why don't we just make the suggestion box more useful, by actually implementing ideas that are submitted if they have more yes votes at the end of a certain period.

Because as it is now, no matter how many yes votes a suggestion gets, the admins are always getting the final word.

It makes the suggestion box a bit illogical to use or check, because even if you have 100 yes votes, if the admins don't like it, it doesn't go up.

If the member's votes were made the decision maker, then they would feel that they are being involved, more so since it is other members usually submitting the ideas to vote on, although staff can do so as well.

That way the staff doesn't give up their areas for private matters, and the members get a voice in new things. Its a win-win
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm

I agree with Gaz. Although I asked for the admin area to be opened up [[which I realise is a bit TOO much]] what I was really hoping to get was less of a gap between admins and members. Because, to be honest, none of us have a clue what's going on at the moment. Arguments are going on between the members because we're confused, and we have no idea what's going on to OUR site. So if we get a little bit more openness and if the admins take more notice of the polls at the top of suggestions [[bar this one.]] then we can all work TOGETHER in UNITY to make this site a better place, and bring back the golden days.
Back to top Go down
Misael Campos

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm

but i think we still need to remember that the Admins are around to make the tough choices and to enforce the rules and stuff like that. Also, sometimes, suggestions aren't feasible even if a bunch of people want them.

I am all for open communication, but realize that the nature of an admin position requires them to do things that are for the betterment of the site without the approval of the general population.

Also, just because we use polls doesn't mean everyone has a say in that suggestion. I'd assume that some members rarely check the suggestions forum for whatever reason.

not trying to hate on every suggestion, but i do want to offer the downsides before anyone decides anything. everyone deserves to see the good and the bad.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh, I'm perfectly fine with that. Very sorry for not checking the suggestions more often!
I SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO CHECK THIS FORUM CONSTANTLY. D8<
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Wow guys! I log on, and I see so much great stuff going on here! *Tears up with joy.* I'm so proud. They grow up so fast! I totally agree. The suggestion box should be taken more seriously. After all, that's why it's here, isn't it?

Now that I think about it, I've had tons of ideas that I haven't even shared with you guys! Bgeowba! Mind if I post them in the Suggestion Box for you guys to see? I would love to hear what you think. xD

Now, I'm all for a sort of "majority rules" thing, as long as if there are extremely strong opinions against the topic, with reason, we can reach compromise! I don't think things should get an immediate yes just because there were more yeses, but I do think small things, and things that work, definitely should happen if they have the most votes. If something is large, I'd say everyone should put their reasoning behind the answer, and just see what everyone finally agrees on! Though this might cause some arguing, I'd say everyone gets one post, or something, defending their choice to avoid conflict, if we can! I'm sure that since none of us want a fight, this could work easily!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be looking through these topics. Ta ta!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .    I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think this is the first idea I've ever had. . .
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2