Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.

Go down 
+4
Pip
selene
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
Skye
8 posters

What do you think about the "Homework Help" section?
It's seems okay...
ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_lcap5%ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
It could work!
ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_lcap35%ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
I like it!
ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_lcap55%ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
I don't like it
ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_lcap0%ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not sure
ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_lcap5%ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. Empty
PostSubject: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 pm

How about we have a new forum section under chat? A lot of the websites I'm on have a section titled, "Homework Help." It's not desperately needed, but I thought I would bring it up.

A few people do have issues with homework and sometimes go to the chatbox for help. Maybe by adding the new section, users might be encouraged to ask for help, or give their help. :3

EDIT: After looking through, I have now come up with a few ideas.

1) A featured user. Someone who has done extraordinary things, or other stuff. Maybe be the featured user of the week, or month. I'll Leave that part up TO THE STAFF. :3 (On the website I am on, this is a group. They are part of the group for a month or week, and then they get removed.)

2) Forum contests? I had this idea about a week ago. Scavenger hunts, image contests, trivia. Not sure what else other "creative" people can come up with. xD

Last edited by Skye on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 pm

I can't help but agree. Multiple times I have helped others who had had homework issues in the chatbox. They just seem to be popping up and it's a nice way for people to connect and acquire help they otherwise have issues getting.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:17 pm

I edited the first post with a few more ideas I had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Featured users I'm not sure about because that tends to lead to a lot of forum drama. I don't entirely agree with that idea. But contests I definitely agree with! I'm thinking about these right now:

1. Holiday themed events: We would choose holidays or holiday breaks that wouldn't alienate people from different parts of the world. So I would think the winter break where you have Christmas and all that jazz would be okay but not American Thanksgiving.
  2. Writing contests: Some people like writing stories or one shot fanfiction. Why not have a contest for those folks? We give them a theme or something to go off on then they can write away according to how they interpret the theme. For example, the theme could be "Halloween" and people could write about their characters going trick-o-treating, dressing up in a costume, etc.
  3. Image contests: Some people are more artistic in the drawing sense. It would be the same as writing except they have to draw it. So using the previous example, maybe draw their character being a witch, pirate, or heck Edward Cullen. OhpleasefortheloveofGoddon'tdothatlastone
  4. Tournaments (?): I'm not sure how many people here are combat oriented, but we COULD use our arena for some fighting tournaments! We would just need to set rules and stuff for them so that no one ends up godmodding or cheating.
  5. Trivia: "WHAT COLOR DID PERCY AND HIS MOM EAT?" I think this is self-explanatory. I think we may have to keep the trivia site oriented to prevent people who for example didn't read Son of Neptune from going "OMG THIS HAPPENED?!?!!?!1111", but that just may be me.
  6. Camp events: You know we haven't had a Capture the Flag game in forever. It would be nice if we could do the activities that were mentioned within the books.
  7. Quest board (?): Random thought of mine. Maybe have a list of quests up for people to do. But again mostly random thought.

AND OF COURSE PRIZES. XP Kthnxbai
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:35 pm

I like the Quest Board. :3

I do agree, Featured Users did lead to drama on other sites. But honestly, I think the people here are smart and mature enough to handle it. And if that was the case, then it would only be for a week.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:36 pm

I agree with everything. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to put in my own ideas xD
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Neither do I. xD I came up with these today, and I just exploded because I haven't been too creative lately. :3
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm

I like the capture the flag idea!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Lol I put up a MOTM (member of the month) thing a while back, but admins never really looked at it (I think). All ideas sound good, really.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm okay with the homework help thing. I wouldn't be super upset if it didn't get put through, but I'm okay with it.

I remember when Moo suggested member of the month. I wasn't an Admin at the time, but I'm pretty sure the Admins decided to do it, it's just never happened. I like it, as long as we don't create unnecessary drama from it. Sometimes we can't do special things on this site because everyone gets their feelings hurt too easily, and people come on simply to troll. (Not naming names, but special privileges do get revoked when fights occur.)

As for the Quest Board, I'm a solid YES. It would really help the staff see who is on a quest, and keep track of fake quests. It would also help the members see what their chances of getting in a quest in the near future looks like.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I'd love to see most of the ideas presented happen. I'm all for the homework help, especially since I'm always compeletly lost in Math. xD
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm always lost in Math too. xD CALCULUS. xP Stochastic calculus, DIE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I kind of feel special putting my ideas out there. XP But awesome! I unfortunately can't help with Calculus because I'm having issues with Pre-Calculus. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 pm

I love all these ideas. Especially the HW help (I just hate my EVIL math teacher) and capture the flag (It's supposed to happen every friday right?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.   ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ERM... Just an idea. xD Actually, a few.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: