Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

New idea!!!!

Go down 
+4
cher
Myst
Beanie
libby
8 posters
AuthorMessage
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm

OK!!! So I was browsing this site the other day, thinking about random junk when this idea popped into my head! I told myself I was going to post it as a suggestion immediately, but then i got sidetracked, and forgot the idea completely. After posting for a few people today I was doing the exact same thing, when suddenly I saw something that turned on a light-bulb and reminded me of the idea. So instead of wasting time looking through these suggestions, and possibly forgetting it again, I'm posting it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the Athenians were almost experts and sea combat, and at the time their navy was unmatched. This is after all a Greek camp. So I was kinda thinking maybe have like a navy. I personally think it'd be a valuable skill to teach, and even the hydrophobic Roman camp had a navy. I don't know if someone has proposed the idea, and got shot down, if so, forgive my stupidity and excitement. Other then that, I'd love to hear what you think.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Well maybe we could teach boating classes and stuff like that in the training section of camp.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 pm

That would work, but the idea in my mind is having a few campers working on THEIR ship, not just being trained to know how to.
Back to top Go down
Myst
Lovesick Crackhead
Myst

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 am

This idea is great!!! Every cabin should have their own ships. The admins could even make ship races like chariot races!!!
http://e.deviantart. http://e.deviantart. http://e.deviantart.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

But the Zeus and Hades kids can't sail?
Back to top Go down
Myst
Lovesick Crackhead
Myst

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am

Who said that they can't sail???!!!
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

Zeus and Hades kids being in Poseidon's territory is a bad idea, so they can't just sail. Personally, after the recent chariot races, I don't think ship races are a good idea.

But maybe they can hold classes in the training section and build a ship at the same time? Idk how that would work, straying from the canon, but this site has a lot of things that contradict the canon so it doesn't look like a big issue.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 pm

In theory, I like this idea.
But I don't think it should be done until after The Last Olympian. It doesnt seem to me like a gpod idea fpr now lol
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Mysterious Boy wrote:
Who said that they can't sail???!!!

1. Poseidon would probably sink their ships and almost kill them because their godly parents are rivals
2. They're uncomfortable in water in fear of #1 happening.
Back to top Go down
Myst
Lovesick Crackhead
Myst

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:46 am

Ok, I didn't know that...
Back to top Go down
sabrina...

sabrina...

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow!
This sounds great.
Each cabin will build their own shiip, each cabin ride it in a tournament.
When can we do it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.writedelight.forumotion.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm

We can't. As the aforementioned, it wouldn't make sense for a few of the cabins to have ships. Not to mention it would most likely be the Hephy kids building every ship, because can you really imagine most of the Aphrodite kids or Demeter kids doing it? And then Hephy probably wouldn't waste resources on building ships for every cabin. Maybe one big ship, but where would they put it? it's kind of too big for a lake, and if they put it in the ocean, would it still be shielded from mortals?

Kronos' army had a ship, if you'd like to just rp that in the out of camp section, but otherwise i dont think boats would be feasible. If they were, it'd be one ship, so no races--which i agree, chariot races kind of crashed and burned (sorry guys orz) so we're not going to do that again for a while.

There'd also be the problem of deciding who drives the ship, if one existed.

all in all it's just a lot of work and i see it as being useless and a big hassle--far more than it's worth. But you're free to rp out your characters having little sailboats or canoes or whatever docked somewhere in New York, or really anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New idea!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New idea!!!!   New idea!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New idea!!!!
Page 1 of 1