Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Yet Another Idea...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Yet Another Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Heeey.
So I saw it on this one site, and thought it was cool.
A Digital Media forum. It could have sub-boards for things like Phones, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, Bebo, etc. Now it would be all IC, and I am gonna explain it using the Phone one as an example cause its easier XD I know Demi-Gods don't have phones, but those that risk it could use that part of the forum, or maybe just leave it out altogether. Its kinda like IF your character had Skype etc.

So you'd start a topic, IC with for example, my character Skyla. You could code each thing, like Text Messages, and make a layout people need to post in. Now another character, say Lily, could come along, and use the text message code to send a "Text", when replying to the topic. It could be texts, voice mails, calls, anything. Then Skyla can come along and reply to that text with a text/call of her own!
With Facebook, you could use this or something for your first post: http://multimedialearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/lincolnfacebook-large1.jpg Then make the same kind of layout for a reply, and people can leave messages for the character. Anyone who's good with photo editing could even edit in mini pictures of people's friends in the little spaces.

Its kinda an extra part for the forum that could just be used by people to maintain relationships between friends and all XD

Anyways, you may not like it or anything, I just thought I would propose it and see what happens XD

~Vina
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 am

YESS! yes yes yes! This would be so much fun. I'm going to make fake facebooks for my characters right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Damn. I was going to suggest this a while ago, but I never got around to it. But now I don't have to, which is good. But I'm just going to add in snippets from my own suggestion because I can.

- We'd have one sub-forum for it -- "CHB Social Media" or whatever.
- Each character gets their own topic, such as "Norm's Facebook"
- Like you said, we can provide an HTML code that makes it look like a mini Facebook window just saying the status or whatever, and the same for Twitter
- You update it periodically with what your character would say, or maybe "Norm is now friends with Table"
- You try not to spam with FarmVille requests.

It's good for getting to know your characters mind and in some cases character development.

See, it was all in my head, I was just too lazy to post it.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

They do this a lot on InvisionFree
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

A lot is an understatement.

They also use Twitter, Tumblr, and Formspring for this stuff.

WE COULD HAVE CHARACTER IM :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Idea...   Yet Another Idea... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Idea...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: