Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Prologue of the Story. Hope you like it! ^^

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sammeh

Sammeh

Prologue of the Story. Hope you like it! ^^ Empty
PostSubject: Prologue of the Story. Hope you like it! ^^   Prologue of the Story. Hope you like it! ^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 pm

It isn't perfect. I wrote it after planning it for a while. It's six pages, so yeah xD. So, hope you like it! ^^

Prologue.

Long, long, ago, there was an Age of Magic, where men and magical beings lived in harmony. Humans were a primitive race, very young and needed to learn lessons. An ancient civilization, older than the Cosmo’s themselves, decided that they would mentor the humans, teach them the ways of their civilization. This Ancient Race were called, the Elves. These elves were more advanced in technology and intelligence than any civilization in history. In time, they taught humans irrigation, farming, the metric system, and many other useful technologies. At the time, the elves were ruled by a great King, and he was in need of a Queen. In time, the King met a beautiful Elven Mage. They quickly began to fall in love, and before long, she was the Queen of the Elves. They ruled for many years, and during that time, they bore a child, a little boy named Ezeran.
Ezeran grew up to be cunning, intelligent, and somewhat manipulative. He was entered into The Ranger Academy, the Rangers were the military force of the Elves, and Ezeran acceded expectations when he enrolled. Ezeran was taught how to use many weapons, he seemed to favor the bow. Ezeran graduated at seventeen, and was put in command of The Rangers by his father. Ezeran, with help from blacksmiths, invented a completely new type of bow. Since elves were born with a supply of arcane magic in their souls, they can, at times, use it to battle. So, when an elf pulled back the string of the bow, an arrow, made out of arcane magic, would appear, knocked and ready to shoot off.
Several years ago, humans found an old journal that belonged to Ezeran’s mother. His mother had the ability of foresight, and wrote several things that were going to happen in the future. One of them, was the annihilation of the elven race, the entry collected this information.
“We fight… FOR OSTERATH!” An old general yelled, hoisting his sword high into the air. The small army behind the elf roared in agreement. The General smirked with high morale. When I looked closely, I remembered him being my brother, and Ezeran’s uncle. He gripped his raised sword firmly, before bringing it down and pointing it fiercely at the undead horde in front of him.
“CHARGE!!” The Old Elf yelled, laughing like a crazed maniac. The infantry screeched their battle cry as they sprinted toward the opposing undead army. The roar could be heard from miles away, it was truly our civilization’s finest hour. The opposing army stayed strong, holding their large spiked shields in a phalanx formation. The undead army sat behind the phalanx, looking like a caged wild animal. he elf cavalry stayed back, waiting for their signal to join the battle.
The elves crashed into their spiked shields, some were impaled by spears, others were knocked to the ground and stomped to death. A lucky young elf positioned his sword perfectly, stabbing it into the core of the undead soldier’s chest. A horrible yelp escaped from the skeleton’s bone throat before he disintegrated into dust. That opening was the turning point in the battle. His fellow elves noticed the opening in the phalanx and didn’t cease to use the opportunity to its fullest. Several elves dove into the heart of the phalanx, hacking and slashing at everything that moved. Eventually, the elves were stabbed until death. More and more elves poured into the opening, driving the first legion apart and eventually eliminating them from the situation. An elf shot off a flare of magic into the sky.
“FOR OSTERATH!!” My brother yelled to his cavalry upon seeing the signal. The infantry almost felt an earthquake beneath their feet as the cavalry galloped into the fray, attacking the army behind the dead phalanx formation. This is when things started to go wrong. Skeleton Soldiers held pole arms that they used effectively to knock riders off their horses.
Many riders were impaled by spears or their heads caved in from the impact of a hammer reverberating against their skulls. The infantry were easily disposed of by ten foot abominations who crushed them or ripped them in two. The scene reverted back to my brother who had slain several abominations. A single arrow thumped into his shoulder, causing him to roll off of his horse. Undead infantry closed in on his body, it seemed that was the end of him.
At the last possible second, a glowing black light knocked the infantry into the air, and they landed on their backs. The old elf expected a mage has come to save his life, but his conclusion to the situation quickly changed when he saw who “saved” his life. Morsiph, Master of the Dark Arts. Morsiph stood over my Brother, smirking like a psychopath. The General, flipped over onto his stomach, and while propping himself up on one knee and one hand, he tried to crawl away. Morsiph chuckled, knowing his efforts were futile. Morsiph strided over, towards my brother, and thrust the bottom of his boot , slamming into my Brothers temple. His head snapped to the side, and his neck cracked. My brother fell to the ground, dead.
The whole army of the Elves, was exterminated. My uncle, a very old elf, but still had a couple good years in him, let a tear trickle down his face upon seeing the death of his nephew.
“ARCHERS…” He called out, raising his fist in the air, the archers on the wall pulled back their strings, arcane arrows appeared, knocked and ready to fire.
“…FIRE!” My uncle pointed toward the army of the undead. Every single archer on the wall, which was roughly around four hundred, shot off three arrows. Morsiph was pulling himself up onto his undead horse, when he noticed the shining blue light above him. 1200 arrows made out of arcane magic were bearing down upon them. Several of the ten foot abominations covered Morsiph with their bodies, and the infantry raised their shields to protect themselves. The cavalry, with no where to go, were easily defeated by the arrows. The abominations covering Morsiph were killed as well, falling to the ground, and leaving Morsiph out in the open. My uncle smirked, obviously thinking of mischievous acts.
“I got you now you dark bastard!” My uncle exclaimed and pulled out his own bow, pulling the string hard enough to knock three arcane arrows at once. He made sure he had his target, and he let his arrows fly. The arrows sailed through the air, and an undead skeleton took one of them for his master. One of the arrows lodged itself into Morsiph’s hand, and the other took off half of his right ear.
“GAH!” Morsiph yelped and ripped the arrow out of his hand. He covered his ear with his good hand, the wound was oozing out black blood. The purple skinned dark elf bared his teeth in frustration as he ordered his mages to summon the Colossus. Morsiph and the mages put their dark powers together and used a summoning spell. For a moment, there was complete and utter silence.
The ground rumbled, causing the undead infantry to fall onto their backs, and smaller buildings inside the city of Osterath to crumble. A mountain, not far from there location, maybe a mile, started to crumble. The archers and my uncle looked in awe as a gigantic hand exploded out from the side of the mountain. For a moment, the hand just lingered there, and everybody was dead silent. Then the hand gripped the mountain and pulled the rest of it’s body out, causing the mountain to break apart.
“Ho…ly…sh..**,” My uncle said in awe. A gigantic Colossus that was made out of stone and glowing blue runes were carved into the skin of it, lumbered slowly to the city of Osterath. The archers panicked, including my uncle who all shot arrows at the giant. They simply all thumped into the Colossus. Then my uncle, who was adept at arcane magic, clenched his fist, causing the arcane arrows to explode. The Colossus stumbled backwards, almost falling onto it’s back, but it caught it’s balance. It looked at the city with glowing red eyes before lumbering towards it again.
During that situation, the undead army used the advantage of the archers being distracted to set ladders on the wall to the city. The archers first noticed them when a random archer’s ankle was gripped, and he was thrown off the side of the wall. The undead army stormed onto the wall, massacring the archers one by one. Morsiph made his way to the main archer tower on the wall where my uncle was located. My uncle turned around after defeating several skeleton warriors, and saw Morsiph.
They were dead silent for a moment while the others raged on the wall below them. Morsiph smirked evilly before teleporting next to my uncle. My uncle threw a punch towards Morsiph and it connected, sending Morsiph stumbling back. Morsiph touched his nostril where black blood was escaping from his nose and dripping down his purple skin. Morsiph bared his teeth and teleported behind uncle where he grabbed his neck and hoisted him in the air. My uncle kicked backwards, and they connected several times, finally my uncle kicked Morsiph hard enough to send him backwards. That’s what Morsiph did, he fell backwards, falling off the archer tower along with my uncle.
Morsiph turned uncle around so he was below him. The last thing my uncle did, was spit in Morsiph’s eye. My uncles body slammed onto the concrete wall, with Morsiph falling on top of him. The Dark Elf rolled off of my uncle, and onto his back where he used the barricade to pull himself to his feet. The Dark Elf gazed at my uncles dead body while wiping his spit off of his eye. Morsiph’s eyes started to glow red when a Skeleton Warrior stabbed the last archer and tossed his body off the edge of the wall. He saw the Colossus stand behind them and he smirked.
”BURN THIS CITY TO THE GROUND MY SOLDIERS!” Morsiph yelled, and to prove his point, he sent a 5x5 fireball exploding onto the side of a cottage, making it burn to the ground. The undead army and Colossus roared before they started to wreck havoc on the city that is my home.
The Colossus started to go to work on the walls, using it’s gigantic hands to break them down. He crushed, punched, stepped on, and even ate the walls. The once amazing wall of Osterath, is now destroyed. Meanwhile the skeleton warriors and undead minions of Morsiph killed families, burned down houses, and ripped apart small buildings. It truly was a massacre of epic proportions.
The scene witched to my husband, Ezeran, and myself. Ezeran shot several Skeleton Warriors with arcane arrows and my husband sliced several others in half. Ezeran chuckled.
“I didn’t expect these soldiers to go down so easily, come to think of it, they looked kind of bony,” Ezeran chuckled and nudged me slightly with his elbow. I couldn’t help but laugh, he was always cracking jokes, and even in this situation, he never failed to make people laugh. My husband chuckled as well, it was a horrible joke, but the fact he is making a joke at a time like this, it just makes us laugh.
“Come on, we got to get to the palace,” My husband stated and started ro run towards it. Ezeran took my hand and ran, I ran with him, easily keeping up with him and his father. I wasn’t completely helpless you know.
I ran by myself without the help of Ezeran when I noticed a skeleton warrior in an alley we were just about to run past. I tried to yell a warning out, but it was too late. The skeleton charged into Ezeran, lifting him into the air and sprinting towards the wall of a building near us where he slammed him against it. The skeleton walked back a step and slammed him again, he did it repeatedly where I was tempted to use a lightning spell. As I was doing so, my husband put a hand on my shoulder, urging me to let the boy learn. I reluctantly crossed my arms, watching Ezeran.
Ezeran wasn’t helpless, he rechaed for his belt, but was slammed against the wall agin. He reached for it again and pulled out a small knife and was slammed against the wall again. Ezeran stabbed the knife into the chest of the skeleton where the skeleton disassembled, his bones bouncing off the floor. Ezeran’s shirt was basically a couple shreds of clothing, so he ripped the remains of his shirt off, revealing his bare chest. He looked more serious than he ever has looked.
Ezeran nodded at us, and we ran again, when Ezeran was at the head of the group, his father and I looked at his back which was sliced and had several gashes. We exchanged a worried look and we continued to sprint towards the castle. My husband and I were thirty five, but my husband looked like he was in his mid twenties. Elves live up to the age of 200 but we age just as fast as humans do. My husband looked at a rooftop next to us, and started to climb a drain pipe. He urged us to go on and he would catch up. We nodded and continued to sprint.
My husband climbed to the rooftop and pulled himself up with one hand, and using a leg as leverage to get on. He rolled onto the roof and pushed himself off the ground. Ezeran’s father looked at the rooftop ahead of him and his body lurched forward into a dead sprint. He leaped across the rooftop easily, landing with a roll and continuing to jump from rooftop to rooftop. My husband leapt off of a rooftop and gripped the ledge of the opposing building. He pulled himself up and looked over the side of the building. It was a fifteen foot drop to the next rooftop where at least four skeleton warriors just finished up executing an elf family.
“You’ll pay for that,” My husband whispered to himself before walking backwards to get a running start. He strapped his sword into his sheath and his right hand reached behind him and gripped the shaft of his sheathed spear. My husband pulled it slowly out and held it in a reserve grip. He bared his teeth and sprinted to the end of the rooftop. My husband leapt into the air and started to descend. He landed on top of a skeleton warrior, and it fell apart. My husband rolled in front of another warrior and stabbed him in the chest, and took a couple steps back to kick the skeleton warrior behind him off the edge of the building. He grabbed his spear and turned around, slicing the skeleton warrior behind him in half.
My husband leapt from the rooftop and landed in front of us. Ezeran jumped back in surprise. His father and I snickered.
“So, let’s go,” I said softly and sprinted toward the doors of the palace. Ezeran and his father were not far behind. Eventually we made it to the huge doors. Ezeran and his father pulled open the doors and I walked in. Ezeran and my husband closed the doors and barricaded them.
“Hey guys…” Ezeran said softly.
“Yes?” I asked, looking at him with concern.
“I just want to say, if we all die, I love you guys,” Ezeran said, his eyes welling up with tears. We both hugged him.
“We’re not all going to die Ez,” His father said. Tears welled up in all our eyes.
“How are we supposed to do this?” I asked my husband.
“I-I… I… I don’t know,” He answered, this was going to be the hardest thing we have ever done. I nodded at him. I understand. I noticed Ezeran coming back with an armful of equipment. He slung a sash that crossed diagonally over his shoulder and under his right arm. He sheathed his bow in the sash which was made to sheath bows and knives. On the front side of the sash he sheathed five throwing knives. He put on a belt and sheathed a sword in the sheath attached to it. He strapped on shin guards, forearm guards, and fingerless gloves. He walked back to us, and took out his bow. The door started to get pounded on, and I knew they were here.
“I’m not going down without a fight. That’s for sure,” Ezeran assured us. A tear trickled down my face as his father pulled out The Amulet of the Elven Race. He spoke in a language that hasn’t been spoken in one thousand years. His father pointed the amulet at him, and a small vortex erupted from it. It started to grow bigger. Ezeran turned toward us. He had a horrified look in his eyes as the vortex started to pull him towards it. He walked back a couple feet and gripped a column. The vortex became bigger, and bigger, until it was ten feet tall in height and width. I started to cry as he held onto the column with all his strength. The door started to crack.
“FATHER! MOTHER!” Ezeran screeched before being sucked into the vortex. The vortex receded and we started to cry into each others shoulders. That was the only way we could save his life. Eventually he will be freed. It just won’t be anytime soon.
The door was broken open by Morsiph and his entire army roared behind him. They didn’t move though. Morsiph slowly walked into our palace and toward us. He smirked. I was trembling with fury as was my husband and he enjoyed it because of this. When he tried to raise his hand to slap one of us, my husband yelled in fury and shot a fireball straight into Morsiph, sending him crashing into the wall. Morsiph’s bloody nose started to bleed harder.
“No more,” Morsiph said softly, but his voice echoed throughout the city. Morsiph pointed his hand toward me, and several green tentacles latched into me. He smirked and I felt my life force escaping my body. He left we enough life force to survive about fivfe minutes. My husband roared something that I could barely gear and I saw him, being impaled by several spears. Then, Morsiph stood over me and smirked.
“Don’t worry, I’ll make your sons death quick. He will barely feel it. Okay? No hard feelings?” He asked, making his face go really close to mine. I spat in his face, and I closed my eyes for the last time…
Back to top Go down

Prologue of the Story. Hope you like it! ^^
Page 1 of 1