Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Always gonna be another mountain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

Always gonna be another mountain Empty
PostSubject: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Auri whipped the thin layer of sweat off her forehead and stared up at the climbing wall looming over her. She could never get enough of testing her seemingly never ending luck, and the lava covered wall was the best way to do that. Making sure her bright blue beany cap wouldn't fall off her head, she stretched her nimble arms and began to climb. She dodged shoots of lava and crashing boulders as she desperately grabbed onto each fake-rock that was nailed onto the wall. In a blur she was seated atop the faux mountain, staring at the camp below. It was amazing. The light reflected off the sound just so, and the campers seemed so carefree. Like nothing could hurt them. Maybe, one day that would be the case.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Kylee walked over to the climbing wall eagerly. She hadn't beat it in a while and was ready to do it again. Spotting a girl up on the wall Kylee smiled making her blue eyes shimmer. "Hi! I'm Kylee!" she said waving.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Looking down from her perch, Auri noticed a girl waving up at her.
"Hey, I'm Auri!" Auri waved back, smiling. "You gonna climb the wall?" She asked the girl below.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Kylee nodded up at the girl. "Yeah that's my plan. Having any troubles with it?" she yelled back. Kylee began climbing the wall with ease. She dodged the falling rocks and cooled the lava with her water bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm

"Whoa! You must be a daughter of Poseidon!" Auri exclaimed, her eyes growing wide at the water bubbles flying around. "I'm just a daughter of Tyche, but having eternal luck can come in handy."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:58 am

Kylee smiled and soon was at the ledge where Auri was. "Sounds cool. Being a daughter of Poseidon isn't that great. NOt when everyone you introduce yourself goes. ' You're daughter of Poseidon? You know Percy?'. Something like that. I'm a very jealous person." she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:15 pm

"Yeah that must suck." Auri said sympathetically, tugging awkwardly on her blue beany cap. She had never been good with comforting people. "So... how long have you been at camp?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Kylee counted on her fingers. "Five years?" she thought out loud. " Yes five years. You?" Kylee asked. Her hair was all sweaty and her clothes a bit burned from close lava encounters. Kylee didn't seem to care.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 pm

"Only 1, but it's been a great year." Auri smiled happily. Her clothes were slightly scorched too, but luckily nothing to bad. Taking off her beanie she began to wring it her thin hands, gazing out over Camp Half Blood.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Kylee smiled. "You're not sick of it yet are you?" she asked smiling. "I'm joking. I love it here, even if I miss home once and a while." Kylee added with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:10 pm

"I don't usually miss home." Auri laughed. "I still see my mother, but she was so over protective. She made me wear a helmet while I was in the car with her." Auri added, rolling her eyes at the memory.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Kylee smiled a little. "I miss my mom. She died when I was 10. SHe died protecting me." she said softly. A small tear slip down Klyee's cheek falling on her burned shirt.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 pm

"Ohmigods I am so sorry!" Auri's mouth dropped, her arms immediately flying around Klyee.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:06 am

~Oh crap I spelled Klyee's name wrong in the last sentence. *facepalms*~

Kylee looked a Auri with a puzzled expression. "It's fine really, it happened a long time ago. Most people here were orphans. I'm happy I knew my mom for the time I did." she said awkwardly hugging Auri back.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:55 am

Auri slowly pulled away, making sure Klyee was alright.
"Yeah but still. It sucks when someone you really like dies." Auri said nodding, as if this cleared everything up. Again, Auri had never been good with comforting people.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Kylee nodded. "Yeah it does. Nothing to do but accept the facts, even if you don't like them right?" she said looking at Auri.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm

"Right." Auri smiled knowingly. Every last kid here had no choice but to except the fact that their life would never be normal. Some had trouble with it. Some had been raised with it. But in the end, normal wasn't an option.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Kylee looked at camp and smiled softly to herself. "So where did you grow up Auri?" she asked changing the subject. Kylee redirected her eyes to Auri waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:10 pm

"Philadelphia." Auri smiled, remembering her home at it's better times. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 pm

~I'm so sorry I took so loong to post :(~

Kylee sighed remebering her home. "California. I surfed every day since I was 7. I lived with my mom, grandpa and sometimes cousins. I lived on a ranch. It was so nice." she said.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 pm

(lol it's ok)

"Sounds amazing!" Auri smiled happily. She had never surfed before, but it had been one of the many things she had wanted to try. Of course when she was younger her mother would barely let her go near the water, let alone surf in it.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:07 am

~ Okay good :)~

"It was!" Kylee said smiling. "The best part wasI was surrounded by family. I miss them. I haevn't seen my grandpa since last Christmas." she explained looking at Auri.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

"That sucks. I haven't seen my cousins in forever!" Auri exclaimed, remembering her amazing time with her adventure loving cousins. "Gods, I miss them!" Auri sighed.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:20 am

" Are any of your cousins half bloods as well?" Kylee asked. "Mine aren't but some people's are..." she continiued. Kylee sighed and shuffled her feet to get in a more comfortable position.
Back to top Go down
Acciofishcustard

Acciofishcustard

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 pm

"Sadly no. They have no idea about any of this." Auri sighed, wishing she could tell her always truthful cousins of her true past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always gonna be another mountain   Always gonna be another mountain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Always gonna be another mountain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next