Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

No title as of yet.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

No title as of yet. Empty
PostSubject: No title as of yet.   No title as of yet. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:53 am

Chapter 1 –

Priscilla POV: “Another another boring day at school” I said to Laura as we sat down for English and waited for the rest of the class to take their seats. English was the class which I hated the most, though it wasn’t for any one particular reason – In fact – There were multiple reasons why I hated not just English, but school altogether, but let’s just stick with English for now. Firstly, I liked to be up and about, moving around and having fun: It was impossible for me to stay still for extended periods of time, this was all thanks to the wonderful neurobehavioral disorder known to the world as ‘Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder’ or more simply put ‘ADHD’. Now, I knew there was Medication I could take for it, but then people would actually know I had ADHD, and I would prefer if people suspected I had something like that, but it was never confirmed. The second thing was Dyslexia. I could speak just fine; the problem was with my reading and spelling. The words seemed to become blurry and usually dance around or fall off the page, which I had grown accustomed to after all my years of schooling. But the main reason I hated English was because of our teacher, Mrs. Robson, who was a short and evil looking old woman who, for some unknown reason, seemed to hate both Laura and I.

Maybe that’s one thing I should describe to you, my best friend Laura. She’s the most amazing friend a girl could ever ask for, and part of me wishes we could have been sisters – I mean, we even have the same last name, though it’s spelled differently, it’s still the same. The easiest way for me to describe Laura to you, is to think of the most beautiful woman you could possibly think of, then multiply it by 1000. Laura is exactly 1.6 meters tall and weighs 54 kilograms, we know because we weigh and measure each other like every day... It’s quite a bad habit actually. Her hair is Golden and gently wavy, which she usually wears over her right shoulder unless we’re at practice. Oh, did I mention we did cheer leading together? Guess not, well we do, but back to Laura... She has lightly tanned skin, which is actually a lovely Olive complexion that gives her a nice and warm, natural looking skin tone – Which perfectly matches her beautiful smile. Many people say we look alike, well that’s a lie, everyone says we look alike and they always confuse us as being sisters – But even better than that, not just sisters, they call us TWINS! Oh how I wish I could be her twin sister, but forget that, I’d be happy with just being able to call her my sister.

There’s only one way to describe Laura’s body, its statuesque! She has a beautiful figure, the kind you see on the cover of famous magazines, which is – Hopefully – Where you’ll see our photos sometime soon because it’s our dream to work in the fashion industry. We both love everything to do with fashion, from clothes to shoes to make up! It’s a girl’s dream come true to get a job in that business, but it’s something we’re both hoping to get into... Oh, thanks, that reminds me.

“Laura, did you buy that D&G Jacket we saw yesterday?” I asked her softly, hoping not to draw the attention of The Wicked Witch standing at the front of the class room – And for those of you who don’t know, D&G stands for Dolce and Gabbana, one of the largest fashion companies in the world.

“The white one?” She asked me, and I simply looked at her and rolled my eyes. Was she seriously asking me this question?

“Obviously the white one...” I replied in a sarcastic tone. “... We didn’t stare at any other D&G Jacket for an hour, did we?” I shook my head softly at her and let out a short laugh – Well, it wasn’t really a laugh, more like a quick breath in disbelief as I was smiling, so it was like a laugh.

“Priscilla... Of cou-“ She began, though she wasn’t able to finish, yet she still gave me the ‘did you even have to ask?’ look, which was something we’d developed over the years of our friendship.

“Ms. Matthews and Ms. Mathews, both of you outside – NOW!” Mrs. Robson said in her loathing and condescending tone, I told you she hated us. We heard a few snickers come from the class, but we were used to it by now, so we simply packed up our stuff and left – This had to be a new record for us, we were like a minute into the lesson.

“Show me after class.” I whispered to her quickly as we left the room to go sit in our usual spot at the bottom of the steps opposite the door, our names engraved into the wall and steps from us drawing out of boredom – But did you notice the totally cool thing? We both have the same last name! It’s why we tell people we’re sisters, and they totally believe us! Laura and I both sat there until the rest of class, talking about clothes and boys and shoes and boys and make up and boys and cheerleading practice and yep, you guessed it, boys. It was one of the main things we talked about, who would make a good couple with who, as if we could almost sense or see who would make a good relationship – And if we felt like seeing how they would look together, we would talk to the couples and surprisingly, they would listen to us and it would turn out great. We thought of it as an awesome ability and deduced that it had to be because we were both charming girls.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, and so at the end of school we both went to our dorm rooms and got changed before we headed down to practice. Both Laura and I were skilled enough to get into the u/16’s Cheerleading Squad, but because of our age, neither of us was able to be captains, that honour went to a girl named Brittany. Brittany was a pretty girl, as most cheer leaders usually are, just a touch taller than Laura and I, but because of her age – She had more mature parts of her body than what we did.

“Okay girls...” Brittany began when we had all gathered around. “... Today we’re going to see what our Flyer’s are actually capable of.” She finished, giving Laura and I a strange look. It was quite obvious to everyone that Brittany was jealous of us, thinking herself a Goddess and hating to be upstaged, so Laura and I both shrugged our shoulders and accepted the challenge. And it looked as if Laura would be up first. This was only our 4th practice, but we both had gymnastics backgrounds and because of our body shapes, being a flyer was pretty easy. Laura stepped forward and Jack and Donny followed her – Oh that’s what I forgot to mention, Jack and Donny. They were probably the only 2 guys on the entire campus that we actually liked. Not liked as in liked... But liked as in liked... You know? Like, liked them as a friend, not liked them like you’d date them. I’m confusing myself now, but I think you got the point, they seemed to be the only 2 guys on the entire campus who just wanted to be friends with us, nothing more and nothing less – They looked past all the looks and always greeted us with a smile, why couldn’t there be more guys like them?

Jack and Donny were both kind of short, but they had very muscular bodies – Well, upper bodies, I’d never actually seen their legs. They both claimed to have some strange skin disorder which meant they were always wearing pants... It was extremely strange and suspicious, but we’d had our fair share of strange and weird experiences and if it wasn’t for those 2 boys, who knows what would have happened. Like the time these 3 guys attacked us one night, they were all about 7 feet tall and kept telling us how they were going to eat us – But then the boys came out of nowhere and totally kicked butt! But that was only one of many instances that we were thankful for. Both Jack and Donny placed their arms together and created a small platform for Laura to stand on... They bounced twice and on the third one they launched her in the air, she went about 20 feet in the air – Though on the entire way up, she did a double backflip and at the peak of her flight stopped flipping to spread her arms and legs out at as her body was upside down and performed what we called a “spread eagle”. It was quite a fantastic sight to see, Laura flipped once more and the boys successfully caught her in their arms.

They placed Laura down and she high-fived me, as the other girls applauded her effort, and now it was my turn. The boys placed their arms together and on the third bounce, just like Laura, they tossed me into the air. As soon as my feet left their arms, I began twisting my body in a swift clockwise direction as well as turning my body in a sort of flip, though I couldn’t really call it a frontflip or a backflip since my body was forever changing, though from my starting position – One would call it a backflip. I’d lost count of how many times I’d spun, all I knew was it was too many to count and I was quite glad when the boys had caught me. It took me a few moments to gather my senses before the boys placed me on my feet and I looked up at Laura and laughed, the look on everyone else’s faces was comical, but Laura just shook her head and mouthed the words ‘show off’ at me.

Laura POV: I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, the way her body twisted in the air so gracefully – It was like watching a work of art come to life, and I couldn’t remove that smile from my face the entire time during or, especially, after her performance. I knew I’d have to find out how she did that move, and the best time would be after practice. I mouthed the words ‘show off’ in her direction, gave her a soft wink and a cheeky grin; causing her to blush and look down as she laughed. The rest of practice was mainly just Brittany explaining our new routine, though it was more like her trying to come up with a new routine since she was changing it every couple of minutes and though I was able to watch and wait patiently for her to make up her mind, I knew it must have been killing Priscilla – Especially with her ADHD and stuff.

We were happy when practice had finally ended and after saying our goodbyes, we made our way slowly back to campus to our dorm – Which was quite strange really. No one else on the dorm was able to have a shared dorm room, but we were able to talk the Principal into giving us one; which didn’t bother us because it was totally awesome! Most people would talk behind our backs and think we wouldn’t find out, just saying usual things like ‘It’s because the Principal thinks you’re hot.’ And other stupid things like that – Which was extremely weird since the Principal was like a gazillion years old! “Pree...” I said softly as we reached our door “... How did you do that move at practice?” I asked her quizzically, studying her face – Though I knew she wouldn’t be able to tell me.

“I... I honestly don’t know.” She replied with a strange expression on her face, though it was one I knew well – She was trying to think back on how she did it, but usually came up blank and would randomly tell me about it later though she has this weird habit of not telling me what she’s talking about, which usually leaves me standing there with a ‘what the hell are you talking about!?!’ kind of expression.

“Well however you did it... IT WAS AMAZING!” I said, giving her a squeezy hug of ours, which was like a bear hug – Except I was the one giving it, and so it’s a squeezy hug! I also gave her a big kiss on the cheek and as the door was unlocked, we tried walking and managed to fall over each other’s feet: The door flying open quickly with both of us there laughing. I looked up and could have sworn I saw someone standing there, though when I blinked – The image had vanished and instead, the window was open. Had we left the window open? Oh well, I didn’t bother to think much of it, we were like 7 storey’s up so there’s no way someone could’ve gotten in.

I walked over and closed the window, turning when I heard Pree groan in annoyance and I knew the reason as soon as I heard the noise – Homework. She did it every single day without fail and I just stood there and laughed at her, in a friendly way of course – She knew I loved her! “I’m guessing you’ll want my help again?” I asked, though I already knew the answer and the look she gave me just confirmed it.

“Obviously...” she replied in a heavily saturated sarcastic tone and tried to hold her face in a serious kind of look, though it didn’t work because we both burst out laughing like 3.86 seconds later. It was random moments like these where I was glad we were alone, otherwise people would just be like... ‘wtf?’ and it would be rather annoying trying to explain to people why we did some of the things we did. And it would be hard to explain those things, we’ve known each other for like 10 years – And been best friends for about 9 of those years.

“Relax child...” I replied as sarcastically as I could manage. “... You know I’m going to help you.” I finished, though I dragged on the word ‘know’ as to somehow emphasize a point that didn’t really need to be made. And so Priscilla and I sat down quietly on our floor and began doing our homework. A couple hours passed and we had just about finished all of the homework except for one subject – Ancient History. Now, Ancient History was an easy to understand subject but the one concept I could never understand was Ancient Greece and the Greek Gods. For some strange reason my brain always registered them in their equivalent Roman forms – Like calling Zeus, Jupiter... Or Poseidon, Neptune.

“That’s wrong Laura...” Priscilla told me yet again, and she was probably right. It was weird, I swear our brains were both hard wired differently – She failed every other subject, yet was flawless when it came to Ancient Greece and the Greek Gods however, like me, when we studied Ancient Rome and the Roman Gods she confused them for their Greek equivalents... It was really strange.

“I’m sorry... I know her name is Artemis, but when I was writing it – My brain automatically wrote down Diana instead.” I said, sighing as I crossed out Diana and wrote Artemis instead. “For some reason, it feels more right to call them by their Roman names...” I said to her, and it was a line she’d heard many times before. But I knew Pree understood because she felt the same way when we had to name them by their Roman names, and she kept using their Greek counterparts: So we both didn’t feel bad, we just kindly helped each other out when we made the mistakes.

“I’m done.” Pree announced about 20 minutes later, nodding as she re-read her paper though at first glance I giggled because of all the spelling mistakes. She definitely knew the work, but her Dyslexia made it hard for her; though our teacher understood and still gave her full marks even with her spelling mistakes, which was an unusually kind thing. Mr. Barker his name was, quite scary looking at first glance but once he spoke you couldn’t just hear the gentleness behind his voice, you could almost feel it, the way his voice seemed to sooth any worries or doubts you could have had – But his eyes told a different story, they told the story of a very old man with a lot of knowledge about Ancient Greece and Rome, but it wasn’t just that, the way he spoke about it was if he was actually there and whilst that was impossible, it still gave a sort of life like truth to the myths, as if they really did happen.

“You should double check it Pree.” I told her cautiously, for the off chance she may have made a mistake – Though when it came to Ancient Greek things, it was very rare she ever did that.

“Why?” she asked me quizzically, frowning and shaking her head as she closed her book and stood up, stretching her arms above her head. That’s one thing I don’t think I described to you, what Priscilla looks like. Well, she’s about 1.58 meters tall and weighs 53 kilograms – According to the measurements we took yesterday; we did it basically every day. She has an olive complexion skin tone with a hint of brown, giving her skin that is extremely easy for her to tan but somehow extremely hard to burn – And now that I think about it, I’ve never seen her with sunburnt skin. Her hair is a beautiful bronze type colour that is naturally very curly but very few people know this as she straightens her hair like every day. Her body is beautifully proportioned from all the physical exercise she does, and it was something which made all the other girls jealous.

“Abundans cautela non nocet.” I told her, not realizing I’d said the comment in Latin. This happened from time to time and all Pree did was look at me with a stupid look on her face, causing me to rethink what I’d just said and realize my mistake. “Oops... It happened again.” I said, blushing as I looked down at my book where she couldn’t see my face.

“So what exactly did you just say?” she asked as she walked over to her bed and jumped on it, rolling on her side and propping herself up on her elbow to look at me. I closed my book because I’d finally finished double checking my work for any mistakes and hadn’t found any.

“It’s Latin; it means ‘One can never be too careful’.” I answered, standing up and stretching. My body was slightly stiff from laying on the floor and a bit sore, but it was nothing a good night’s sleep wouldn’t be able to fix. For the next couple hours, we read a few magazines, often commenting on the clothes they were wearing and contemplating as to whether or not we should go and buy them as well as talked about boys, just the usual girl stuff. I knew it was late when I yawned and glanced outside the window, the sky was a perfect black canvas with the stars twinkling brightly and illuminating the sky and I knew my mother and father were up there somewhere, smiling down on me – As did Priscilla.

We never knew our parents. I was told my parents died in a car accident, and Priscilla was told her parents died in an explosion at their house, their gas oven had a leak and exploded. It was really how we both had money, my parents were killed by some billionaire drunk driver who wanted to avoid prison and Priscilla’s parents accident was the companies fault, basically giving us a close to an endless supply of money that would hopefully last forever – But even if it didn’t, as long as we had each other then everything would be just fine.

“Good night.” I told Priscilla softly, though I wasn’t sure if she was already asleep or not and I didn’t wait for a reply – I simply closed my eyes and my mind began to drift off into its subconsciousness showing me my perfect world: A world I had full control over, that world being a dream.
Back to top Go down

No title as of yet.
Page 1 of 1