Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lets see how fast (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Avawstar

Avawstar

Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:00 am

Igonring the shouts from her half-brother with a slight roll of the eyes, she allowed a smile to tug at the corner of her lips. As Jerrod stepped back, she saw the slightest of openings, and without thinking it all the way through, took it. She ducked down, finding a sudden burst of speed, moving faster than she had before. She seemed to blur, rolling slightly to the side under the rapier and past him. She stopped, stood, and whirled with equal speed, her movements still blurred as she stood behind him. Then she raised her left blade, ready to deflect any strikes he had while her right blade instantly moved towards his heart. She hated that he was was way taller than her, and that she couldn't reach his throat with the blade, so she settled for his torso, knowing she could easily hit a vital there no matter where she struck.
Back to top Go down
http://corporal-creampuff.tumblr.com/
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:00 am

Jerrod whirled--he had no time to think about his next move. There was a little bit of panic setting in, as he was not used to opponents being able to get so close. The fact that it was a pretty girl made matters worse.
The son of Hermes just reacted, bringing both swords up in defense. His rapier almost instinctively jabbed at Phoenix, while his saber just managed to block her other dagger. For a moment they stood at a standstill, blades locked.

"Push! Use your strength, use your leverage!" Brandon shouted at Jerrod. "Do not give her space!"
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:55 pm

She finally grinned, and did something she knew they probably wouldn't expect. She dropped the blade in her left hand, her hand shooting out and grabbing his wrist that held the rapier. She twisted the dagger locked with the saber, wrenching his blade with a sudden jerk. And pulled his wrist, spinning around so her back faced him. She kicked one leg out, hooking her foot behind his knee, then dropped the other blade and simply threw him over her shoulder onto the ground in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Jeremy winced. "Ooh. Can't say I've seen that one before."
"Oh, come on! Get up!" Brandon barked, kicking into his drill sergeant mode. "You gonna let her toss you around? On your feet!"
Malcolm noted that had Jerrod been less shy, he could have probably prevented that series of events by either continuing to attack swiftly or really putting some strength behind the bladelock to pressure Phoenix. Instead, the guy had let up for a moment, and that was enough.
"Never lose focus, chap," the son of Athena advised.

Jerrod didn't try to get up immediately. He didn't attempt a counterattack, although he could have. He didn't like fighting anyone, and now that he was on the ground looking up at her, it really began to dawn on him how pretty Phoenix was. He flinched when Brandon started barking at him, but was still slow to move.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:31 pm

"C'mon guys! be nice!" she said, glaring at them. She had another blade out however. I've pretty much won... she thought, then glanced down at him with a small smile. She crouched down, holding the blade out in the open over his head for everyone to see. "You'd be dead by now, if this wasn't a practice spar" she said to him softly. "You need to get over your fear of hitting me, and of having no space. One day that could get you killed" she spoke quietly so only he could hear, her tone serious but friendly. "Sometimes you have to strike back" she said, sheathing the blade. She watched him carefully for a few moments, smiling at him. "But it was a good fight" she said a little louder.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:36 pm

"Just giving some advice," Malcolm said neutrally.
Jerrod remained hesitant, absorbing Phoenix's words. They made perfect sense, of course, but on the other hand a shy person who was six foot six was hardly a rational being. In the end, the son of Hermes ended up being disappointed in himself. He sat up, then got to his feet, but didn't look Phoenix in the eye so she wouldn't see his red cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:07 pm

"Hey, don't be hard on yourself" she said as he he stood without looking at her. "Learning isn't easy, you gotta make mistakes sometimes, you know?" she said, standing up. She sighed, then walked to his rapier and saber on the ground behind her. Picking them up carefully, she walked over and held them out to him. "If you ever get in a weapon lock, twist your sword, and you might disarm them" she added.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:11 pm

She's right. You can't be so sensitive all the time, Jerrod thought as he took his weapons back. With some effort, he looked her in the eye and nodded.
"Thank you. I won't forget that."

"Good match," Brandon said, clapping once.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:19 pm

She smiled at him, shrugging. "Hey, it's no problem. If it might save you in the future, then I'm happy to give" she said cheerfully, then turned around to retrieve her weapons.
"And thanks Brandon, just try and keep your temper" she said coyly, smiling teasingly at him. "Yelling doesn't always work"
Look at me! I'm the advice queen today! she thought sarcastically, sheathing her knives.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Brandon scratched his head. "It's not my temper, it's my...well, let's just say it comes from having a no-BS military mom. I was raised like that half the time, and I guess the drill sergeant mode rubbed off on me. Just like how you get intense during any extended fight."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:27 pm

"I can understand" Phoenix said. "My ma is like that too. 'Cept its 'You do it or you don't, either way, I'm not waiting for you' and then she'd jump out of a plane or ride an unbroken stallion. It's a great way to learn though, even though it's some of the scariest stuff she's talking about" she said, shrugging. "It's generally an Adrenaline Junkie thing, I guess"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Brandon's interest was perked. "You...you've jumped out of a plane? Damn, I wish I was that lucky. Call it irony, call it the Fates messing with me, but my mom, a Canadian Army paratrooper, has never taken me skydiving. Didn't help that I went to camp several years ago and got caught up in this war, but still."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:42 pm

"You should do it. It's amazing" she said simply, not elaborating any more than that. She didn't really know what else to say, it's was an everyday kind of thing for her, doing something completely reckless and almost death defying. "Best time s at either sunrise or sunset" she decided to add, remembering how intense everything became in the dim light with a slight shudder.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Brandon nodded wistfully. "Oh I will. You can count on that. So, what else have you done?"
"Bungee jumping? Street racing? Stunt piloting? How about trying to escape from mimes in Paris?" Jeremy was his usual, eccentric, enthusiastic self, just bouncing things off the wall.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:54 pm

"Yes, thats illegal, occasionally, and they try to escape from me" she responded to each of Jeremy's 'suggestions' calmly. "And there's not much I haven't done" she added, not really certain she wanted to list off everything. "What have you guys done?" she redirected the question, simply sitting where she was standing.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:59 pm

"I punched a gangster in the nuts and stole his MAC-10 when I was four years old," Jeremy recounted proudly.
Brandon's jaw dropped. "You...man, my respect for you just increased tenfold. Wow. As for me, most of the stuff I do took place at my uncle Larry's acreage. I've flown his cropduster, ridden bulls, shot up all manner of targets and ripped up trails on an ATV. Then there are the 60-person paintball wars..."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Kyra nodded, grinning at them. "You were a crazy little kid weren't you?" she said to Jeremy coyly. "Though, I doubt thats changed" she added, shaking her head.
"Whats a cropduster?" she asked. "I mean, I've ridden bulls, and been paintballing, but still...what's a crop duster?" she frowned at it, curious.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:12 pm

"I wouldn't be me if that ever changed!" Jeremy said, smiling.
Brandon raised an eyebrow. "You don't know what a cropduster is? Weird. It's a little prop plane used to spray fields of crops with pesticides to kill bugs. Also doubles as a couple hours of low-flying fun."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:18 pm

She simply shook her head at Jeremy, not understanding how he could that much...energy. "I think you shouldn't eat sugary foods" she said to him with a wave of a hand.
"No wonder it sounded familiar" she said, nodding. "I think one of my Ma's friends had one. Not sure thought. But I've been given basic flying lessons. Don't remember anything though" she added with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:51 am

"I try my best to remember these things," Brandon said. "But it's hard without practice, without even seeing a machine most of the time, you know?" He shook his head. "Have you ever thought about how much better off we'd be if we modernized completely? Standard-issue rifles, fast attack vehicles, chopper gunships--all loaded with celestial bronze ammo. We'd rip through monsters like no tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:08 am

"Yeah, but they have another reason" Kyra said. "If everything was easy, we'd get lazy...and then worse things will happen" she said, keeping it simple. She knew she'd go on and say something overly detailed if she didn't. "They're trying to keep us tough."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Brandon scoffed, giving his half-sister an incredulous look. "Easy? Lazy? Kyra, you think being a mortal soldier is easy? Or even a cop? No! Look, doesn't matter how you cut it--the fact is we are teenagers being called upon to save humanity. That will never be easy, especially considering some of the enemies we face can shrug off explosives and chuck cars around like toys. War will never be easy. But if we armed ourselves with the best weapons we could get, we would be maximizing our combat effectiveness."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:27 am

She looked at Brandon with a frown, curious. "War never will be easy" she repeated slowly, thoughtful yet sounding slightly sad. "Yet we were born to it, and wont ever escape it" she sighed, looking down at the ground in front her, her expression hard. "It doesn't matter what we're using to fight, Brandon, war won't end. It will always find us" she said, sounding completely worn out. She hated war, hated fighting, hated that she 'had no choice.'
She couldn't stop the monsters from attacking her mother if she was there, because they just came back. And it hurt. She felt guilty, then looked back up at her half brother.
"I'm sorry," she said blandly through gritted teeth, putting up a tough front and hiding her emotions behind a blank face.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

"That's deep," Jeremy remarked, stopping his hands from fidgeting around, and that rarely happened. He wasn't even being sarcastic either--for once, the hyperactive Hermes boy was standing still and thinking. The girl had a point,
Brandon was a little surprised at Phoenix's reaction. Previously, they'd been talking about fighting and combat, and suddenly she had become depressed. He pondered her words, and found them well-warranted considering their circumstances. It didn't matter if you stuck a monster in a nuclear reactor and cranked the thing up to 11--the beast would come back eventually.
On the other hand, Brandon had been raised to be a tough soldier. His mother had told him to be unbreakable--mentally, if not physically. From his toddler years, he had been taught honour, bravery and duty. Looking back had never been an option.
The big guy exhaled, putting his hands on Phoenix's shoulders. "Look, sis. I get why you're saying that, but you can't keep that mindset. Everyone here has a duty they need to fulfill, at all costs. If we second-guess ourselves, we're handing the world to the Titans on a plate. We will win this, alright? War is not forever. There's gonna be a light at the end of tunnel, and that light won't just be the nine o'clock subway."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:24 am

"Yeah," she muttered, knowing he was right yet 'wrong' at the same time. But she didn't fight back, in her mind, it wasn't worth it. "I just hate it" she said, a hypocrite to her Ares nature.
She glanced at everyone before sighing. "Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I won't change my mind. I'll accept it...just...leave me be. We all have beliefs" she added, staring blankly at her feet. "We all have scars"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets see how fast (open)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next