Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lets see how fast (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Avawstar

Avawstar

Lets see how fast (open) Empty
PostSubject: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Her eyes narrowed, and she stood still, concerntrating on the dummy. Not the kind of practise she wanted, but she'd rather not kill people if she could help it. After one deep breath, she jumped forward, and the dummy was suddenly the air, her pose the only clue to what had happened. Lowering her foot from the kick, she smiled, drawing two small daggers from shorts and throwing them at what seemed to be the ground. But the dummy laded, and her blades embedded themselves in the side of its neck. Kyra, or Phoenix as most knew her as, sighed. This was all too easy. She needed something real to practice with, not on.
Back to top Go down
http://corporal-creampuff.tumblr.com/
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Brandon Mathias jogged into the arena, holding an aerosol can in one hand. His two large-caliber pistols were in their shoulder holsters, but he had left his assault rifle in his trunk. He didn't plan to use the pistols either--this time, it was gonna be melee fighting only.
Brandon noticed a girl who looked quite bored practicing on an inanimate dummy. Think she's a new Ares kid.
"Yo! If you're bored with those, you may wanna try the dummies that actually move!" As if on cue, one of the many magicked dummies in the arena came to life. Armed with a mace, it advanced on Brandon...
In a split second, the aerosol can grew into a double-bladed battle axe. Brandon swung once, and sliced the dummy cleanly in half.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Grinning, Phoenix nodded towards the fallen dummy. "Nice handy work" she stated, casually ripping out the knives deeply embedded in her inanimate dummies neck. "A quick, clean kill" she added, striding towards him. She watched the dummies, however, counting them and noting their placements. "How many are we allowed to take on at once?" she asked, subtly sheathing her daggers.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 pm

"As many as you want, provided you don't whine if you get curb stomped," Brandon replied, grinning. "So, you must be new here. I'm Brandon Mathias."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

"Sweet" she said, grinning at him. "Kinda. Came here last summer. Now I'm a permanent resident" she said simply. "Kyra Vael. Call me Phoenix though" she said, offering him a friendly smile before looking back at the dummies. "How fast are you?" she asked randomly.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Brandon considered this for a moment. "Running, I'm alright. But if you mean agility, like when I fight...I'm not that fast," he answered honestly. "I use my strength to get by, as you can see."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:48 pm

She nodded, grinning. "Makes sense" she said, then bent down and drew a dagger from her boot. "I basically rely on speed" she straightened as she said this, twirling the dagger lazily in her right hand. "So, we gonna do tis, or stand around and chit chat?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:51 pm

At a snap of Brandon's fingers, several more dummies came to life. They were armed with everything from swords, to dual knives to spears and axes. Brandon raised his own weapon.
"Get ready."

As the fight began, Malcolm Reed ambled into the area. As usual, he was dressed semi-formally in a plaid shirt and trousers. He had his shotgun slung over his back and his three magic chess pieces in his pocket.
Well, well. Let's see how well this bloke and this lass perform, Malcolm thought, enjoying studying others fight more than fighting itself. He had seen the guy a couple times before, and he used muscle as his build would suggest. The girl was tall, slender and remarkably fast with her daggers.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Grinning, Phoenix shrugged. "I'm always ready" she said, before she gripped the hilt of her knife, its blade laid flat against her forearm. Then, she was off, suddenly gripping a dummies spear shaft and slicing the dagger along its throat. Hefting the slightly heavy spear, she swung it around, knocking a dummy back which had tried to sneak up on her. She didn't bother keeping it, letting it fall on the dummy who suddenly had a smaller dagger embedded in its head. Then Phoenix was off again, moving quicker than the dummies, and slipping inside their guard to take them down.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm

In contrast to Phoenix's speedy, agile fighting style, Brandon was all brawn. He used the reach of his axe to keep even the spear dummies at bay, while timing his parries and blocks against the ones that wielded daggers or short swords. His attacks were well placed and powerful--one hit was more than enough to drop it's target.
"That all you got," he muttered, to the dummies rather than Phoenix, as his two-handed strike overpowered another foe with a sword and sliced it in two.

These two'd make a great tag-team, Malcolm decided.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Grinning as another of her targets fell, Phoenix spun and saw a dummy with dual short swords advance on Brandon from behind. She knew he'd probably get it, but she'd rather not risk it. She sheathed the blade in her hand, then ran at it, closing the distance with great speed. When she was about a metre away, the dummy turned, brandishing the swords at her. She barely had room to twist and dodge, but she managed it, her speed once again giving her an advantage. Managing to grab hold of its wrist, she spun it, flinging the body over her shoulder and into the ground. Then her dagger was suddenly in her palm again, the blade pressed against its throat. It was one of the only ones left in the arena, and Brandon was making short work of the remainder. But she didn't kill it, only held it there, pinned beneath her, its swords scattered out of reach.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Brandon briefly registered a dummy sneaking up from behind, but once Phoenix attacked it he focused on the others. After cutting down the two that remained, he turned around and saw his sister pinning the last one to the ground.
"Go ahead and execute him," he said. "They fix themselves anyway."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 pm

"One thing I don't like about these dummies" she said, sounding almost sad. "They can't give up and ask for mercy." She sighed, killing this one faster than the others. "Doesn't train us for real life situations" she said, straightening as she sheathed her main dagger once again. "Now, where did I leave the rest of 'em?" she said, more than asked as walked across the dummies looking for her blades.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Brandon pulled a couple off defeated dummies. "What, are you talking about...taking enemies prisoner? Monsters don't give up. And as for enemy demigods..." He shook his head. "This is war. It ain't pretty."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:18 pm

She sighed, and shook her head as she pulled out the remaining blades. "Not just prisoner's. Sometimes you need information. And everyone thinks that only those who are higher up will have it" she started sheathing her knives, bending down to reach her boots. "But they don't realize those who are lower down are easier draw that information from. And that they like knowing things, so they'll sneak around and find stuff out. Eavesdropping, spying, intercepting 'packages'....You never know who will do it" she said, sounding as if she spoke from experience. She looked at him pointedly, "catch my drift?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Brandon nodded. "Espionage. Interrogation. You know what, this camp has a hard enough time training disciplined fighters--I mean, a lot of these guys are typical teenagers. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with this spy stuff, though it is a good idea."
"Indeed it is." Malcolm walked up to them. "And I must say, you two would make an excellent team. Top-notch performance."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Straightening, Phoenix placed her hands on her hips, scanning the older mans features. She seemed strict in the way she looked at him, but that was more of she didn't like being watched. By anyone. "Thanks" she said, frowning a little. "And you are...?"

Last edited by Avawstar on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:30 pm

(crap wrong colour! DX)
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:31 pm

"Malcolm Reed, son of Athena." The man offered his hand for a shake. "I've seen Brandon around a few times."
"Good to see you again," Brandon said. "I was wondering what your name was."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:35 pm

She nodded, then continued to sheath the remaining for blades. "Quick question, why the watching, and why the interest?" that was Phoenix all right, straight up and honest. No beating around the bushes. If she wanted to know something, it'd be obvious. Like now.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:17 pm

"I'm a son of Athena, lass," Malcolm responded. "We're always looking to learn new things. History, math, science, combat strategy, how our fellow campers fight. It's a natural urge."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:24 pm

She sighed, and shook her head. "Nah, just sounded like you wanted something" she said, stretching. "Sorry bout that" she added, and absent mindedly ran her hand through her hair.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 pm

"That's alright," Malcolm said. "I've gotten that before, and it's understandable. Yer name is, Phoenix? Interesting mother you had, eh?"
"That's just a nickname. She's Kyra Vael," Brandon supplied.
Malcolm nodded. "Ah. So, ya like Phoenix or Kyra?"
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:36 pm

"Either, but I'm called Phoenix 'cause of this" she said, turning around and pulling down her left sleeve. It exposed her shoulder, and the large tattoo of the flaming bird that covered half her back. "Also 'cause My ma is interesting in her ways" she aded, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:39 pm

"I'll say" Brandon remarked. "That's a pretty cool tattoo."
Malcolm rubbed his hands together. "So, now that you've warmed up on the dummies, anyone up to having their mettle tested?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets see how fast (open)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next