Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lets see how fast (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Jeremy waved his hand in dismissal. "Too young? What, do I look twelve years old to ya? I assure you I am older than that, and it's not like you're twenty-five or anything. As for my bro...well, we can only see how the wind blows with him. He's shy by nature--don't ask me why with that height--but thanks to moi, he's slowly gettin' better at social situations."
Ah, forget it. Jerry's right, you have to learn to talk to people. Including girls. Jerrod mustered up his courage and stepped towards Phoenix. He made eye contact and forced himself to maintain it as he spoke.
"Hi. I'm Jerrod."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 pm

"Still too young!" Phoenix said with a teasing wink and smile.
"Hey! I'm Kyra, but most people know me as Phoenix" She said, smiling as she offered a hand for him to shake. "You're REALLY tall" she added, looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
http://corporal-creampuff.tumblr.com/
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

After a slight moment of hesitation, Jerrod shook. "I know I'm tall. But it's not always a good thing," he said truthfully.
He's making small talk. Man, I'm good! Jeremy thought. Years of effort on his part was starting to pay off!
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

"Look at it this way, if you lose Shorty over here," she gestured to Jeremy, "you wont have trouble finding him."
"But you really are shy, like I'm gonna bite you or something"
She grinned, then suddenly whacked Jeremy on the back of the head, only enough to not really hurt. "Whats with the cheesy grin?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:19 pm

She berated me. This was not a good idea. Jerrod's gaze dropped to his feet again.
"Dude!" Jeremy protested, before lowering his voice to a whisper. "You can't say that around him, telling him he's shy. Jerrod takes that as an insult every time. He's still learning that pretty girls do in fact make jokes and lighthearted small talk."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Phoenix looked between the two, confused. "I-I'm sorry..." she started, then looked down too. "I say things I shouldn't a lot" she said quietly, then looked back up with a small smile. "But I think it's cute," she added.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Cute? She thinks I'm...cute? Jerrod thought, mixed emotions running through his head. The first, and natural feeling was added shyness, but he resolved to fight that off. Then there was confusion. It was the first time a girl had ever said something like that to him. And underneath the confusion, there was something else he couldn't place. Something that felt very strange.
Brandon had sat down and begun to fiddle with his revolver as he took a drink from his water bottle, watching the conversation idly.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 pm

"Aaaand I just embarrassed you again" she said, noticing a slight blush on Jerrods cheeks. "Sorry" she added, though still smiling. She glanced over at Brandon, then shook her head. "So much for training, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Brandon shrugged. "Yeah, well it's important to rest after a good sparring match. Besides, you're pretty good already. The only thing I'd say you could do is stamina training."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:42 pm

"Yeah, I last longer than most speedsters but not long enough" she said, shrugging. "I rely on speed and catching people off guard with surprise attacks. Not always gonna work, as I found out thanks to Mal" she glanced at him grinning.
"What about you guys?" she turned to the brothers. "What are you good at?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Jeremy smiled, casually tossing one of his magic dice in the air. "Oh, so you think you're fast, eh? I can challenge that." In midair, the dice morphed into a dagger, which he caught expertly by the handle.
"I've seen Jerrod fight a few times, whenever he feels like sparring," Brandon said. "World-class fencer. Do not underestimate the agility of that six foot six frame either. The guy moves like a cat."
"Excellent stamina and distance running as well," Malcolm added.
Jerrod looked downward. Wow...never knew so many people watched me. Am I really that good?
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 pm

"Well I must see you in battle sometime. You sound like quite an opponent" she said with a grin to Jerrod. "And kiddo, don't underestimate me" she said, giving Jeremy a warning look, accompanied by a grin. Suddenly she had a dagger in her hand, then was behind him, holding the blade up against his throat while her other arm twisted his knife arm behind his back. "I'm faster than you would expect" she whispered in his ear before pushing him away.
"But don't let me scare you guys" she said boredly, her dagger already tucked away.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 pm

"Touche. I was thinking about doing the same thing," Jeremy responded. "But I didn't, 'cause I'm a gentleman."
"Looking forward to it. Phoenix," Jerrod responded, in a rare moment of boldness that had Jeremy doing a victory dance on the spot. Malcolm regarded the boy with one cocked eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:55 am

"Yeah, and I ain't no gentle lady" she said, poking her tongue at him before scratching her head.
She looked at Jerrod and smiled kindly at him. "You might have an advantage though" she said, kicking a random pebble at the dancing boy. "Fencing requires swords, and I'm a knife person. Plus you will have a longer reach, and I like to get close" she said, practically counting her odds of winning as she scanned him. "As you saw with Jeremy."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Jerrod shrugged. "But you're fast. Really fast," he said modestly.
Besides, I don't really wanna hit you. Not even in sparring.

"Yeah? So are you, buddy," Brandon reminded him. "Long as you don't brain-lock or go easy on her, which is an even worse mistake, the scales are in your favour."

Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:08 am

Kyra scoffed, shaking her head. "I hate it when people go easy on me. It's stupid" she stated blandly. "I mean, someone who is defending themselves has a better chance of not getting hurt or even killed for that matter" she explained. Then glanced up at Jerrod. "I don't try and kill people" she said quickly, hoping she wasn't scaring anyone. "I just...don't hold back that much in battles"
I hope they understand
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Jerrod pursed his lips. "Oh, yeah. Okay. I...I get it."
"So what?" Brandon asked. "Are we gonna get some sparring done here? Phoenix, you rested?"
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:14 am

Yeah, just let me throw on another top" she said, indicating the tear in the front of hers. She grinned, realizing they mustn't have noticed it, shaking her head as she walked over to wear her bag was hidden. She grabbed a simple white t-shirt, throwing it over the torn singlet. This wasn't the time for any awkward situations, and she hoped the spar would be as even as possible. "Ready?" she asked, walking back over to them and stretching subtly as she yawned. She grinned at Jerrod, her pale green eyes glinting mishieviously at him as she winked.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:44 pm

In truth, Malcolm did notice Kyra's torn top, but chose not to comment. Now he leaned forward, eager to watch this next fight.
We've got a good match on here. The big bloke obviously has the edge in reach and leverage. What I wanna know is if he's fast enough to fend her off.

The sight of Phoenix's ripped singlet was enough to make Jerrod look downward with reddish cheeks, but now he prepared enough for sparring. Taking a pair of small lapel pins from the front of his plaid shirt, the tall son of Hermes was soon armed with his weapons of choice--a rapier in the left hand and a saber in the right. He assumed a professional fencing stance with his rapier forward, and even standing still one could see the spring in his body.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:28 am

Phoenix's eyes scanned him as he took his stance. She could tell she was in for a challenge, and wondered how long it would take this time. She was ready after her fight with Malcolm, but she was certain she wouldn't last as long. She sighed, before her face hardened and held up her left hand. A blade, slightly shorter than a short sword was pointed at him. She met his eyes, staring blankly before suddenly throwing a knife at him. She didn't wait, once more, leaping forward. Her blade blurred as she slashed at his rapier, and she once again threw a dagger at him, stepping closer unrelentingly as she attempted to force his rapier out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Jerrod gave a grunt of surprise, but he managed to bat the first thrown knife away with his saber. From there, he quickly took control of the fight. The son of Hermes indeed moved with the agility of a jungle cat--his weapons were a blur as he fluidly parried and deflected Phoenix's first round of furious attacks.
Brandon was left shaking his head. "Man, how is he that tall and that fast? Life isn't fair."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:45 am

This was more like it. Kyra felt more relaxed than she had been fighting Malcolm. Jerrod moved fast, and she almost smiled in spite of the fact it meant he would be harder. Although, this time she could see she might have one advantage over him, but pushed the thought away, knowing it would be better to use it later in the battle. She did, however, throw another dagger at him, this one towards his head. As it flew towards him, another blade, the same length of her other, appeared in her right hand. She waited for him, ready to parry his attacks in a loose, balanced, sideways stance, her left blade face backwards and held slightly in front of her, her right blade held at her side, though slightly raised.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Jerrod deflected the dagger with his saber easily. He took a moment to get ready and then struck. His rapier was like a cobra's head as it snapped towards Phoenix, reared back and snapped forward again. All the while Jerrod kept his other sword at the ready to defend against thrown knives.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Deflecting the first strike with her left blade, and sidestepping the second at the last moment, Kyra twirled, using her momentum to add more force into the blow as one blade struck the rapier, then the second followed. Though, she was much closer now, and the second was aimed for his torso.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Jerrod gritted his teeth. Phoenix was fast indeed--even Jeremy and Chris Talbot had trouble closing the gap on him. Luckily, his saber was in good position to intercept Phoenix's second strike. Jerrod then put on a burst of strength, using his superior leverage to force the daughter of Ares back.
"Come on! Counterattack! Hit her, don't let up!" Brandon exclaimed. It was good advice, but clashed with Jerrod's M.O of fighting at a distance. Plus, the guy let up all the time--it was part of his personality--and Brandon was left shaking his head as Jerrod instead took a backward step to give himself some breathing room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets see how fast (open)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next