Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lets see how fast (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Avawstar

Avawstar

Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 pm

"Yeah, just got it last year" she said, pulling her sleeve back up. "How'd you mean?" She asked, looking at Malcolm curiously.
Back to top Go down
http://corporal-creampuff.tumblr.com/
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

"I mean sparring." Malcolm took his chess king and rook out of his pocket, while setting his shotgun down. "You against me, in a friendly match. Let's see if either of us has gotten a little rusty, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 pm

"Depends," she said, looking at him with a blank expression. "Are wounds allowed?" she looked at him seriously, her emotions hard to read. "If so, to what point are we going to fight?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:56 pm

"Eh, let's leave it at minor cuts and slashes," Malcolm suggested. "This is just a skill tester. No need for us to maul each other like wolverines fighting over raw meat."
"I'll ref. Just in case," Brandon offered.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 pm

"Just checking" she said, smiling. "Otherwise that could've turned out bad" she said with a laugh, moving towards a clear area of ground. "Sooo....any other rules?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 pm

"Let's stay away from cheap shots too. In the spirit of competition. No need to get completely realistic just yet, eh," Malcolm said. His rook enlarged into a circular bronze shield over his left arm. In his right hand, the chess king morphed into a 2.5 foot bronze sword.
As Brandon moved to the sidelines, Malcolm assumed a combat stance. "Let's do this." He was planning out his strategy even as Kyra pulled her weapons. The girl's speedy fighting style meant endurance had to be her greatest weakness. She could potentially be outlasted.
Perfect. Just my type of foe. Malcolm preferred to use a defensive, analytical style in which he controlled the pace and used his well-conditioned stamina to his advantage. Though typically a spear user, he elected to start with his sword this time, because he had seen how well Kyra countered long weapons.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:25 pm

She gazed at him, studying his every movement. A sword and a shield. Interesting... she thought. Got to slip inside his guard where it'll be harder to reach me....but the shield'll make it difficult.
Again Phoenix drew her dagger, holding it 'backwards', but secretly drew another blade in her left hand, hiding it in her sleeve.
Let's see how fast you are
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Malcolm began to step sideways, circling Kyra like a predator--though that particular analogy did not cross his own mind. He was much too busy trying to anticipate the possible attacks the daughter of Ares could make, keeping his shield in front.
Your move, lass. Malcolm rarely, if ever, attacked first.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Watching his foot placement carefully, Phoenix picked up a slight pattern. He was shuffling, but it required he placed his weight mainly on one leg to move. She kept face straight the whole time, knowing one wrong expression could give her away. Suddenly, she struck, throwing her revealed blade directly at his body, high enough that he would have to raise his shield to block it. She was counting on that as she threw the second, hidden blade at his leg that was supporting his weight, and ran towards him at the same time, a distraction to keep him from seeing the trap. She drew another blade just in case, relatively the same as her main one, only slightly longer and thinner.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Malcolm's shield came up smoothly, deflecting the thrown dagger. He then saw Kyra charging at him and elected to jump to the left. By sheer luck, this allowed him to avoid the second dagger, though it did nick his pant leg.
Clever girl, Malcolm thought as he readied his sword to parry Kyra's next attack.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

As he jumped to her right, she twisted and crouched, sliding across the ground where she skillfully retrieved one of the daggers. As she slowed, managed to get a solid foot placement, and launched herself back at Malcolm. Throwing the dagger she retrieved straight at him, she jumped to the left, and as soon as she landed, rolled to the right. She was pretty much playing with him, but she knew she had to conserve her energy, and keep going. She would last longer than most in a speed battle, but not as long as someone who relied on strength and other attributes. She narrowed her eyes, finding herself nearly behind him.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 am

Malcolm blocked the thrown dagger with his shield again. He focused his mind, estimating which of Kyra's moves were extraneous and distracting, and which would actually get her within range for an attack. His natural cunning along with years of practice had honed this skill, so when Kyra came out of a roll nearly behind him, he pivoted smoothly to face her. Malcolm made a quick, precise jab with his sword like a fencer, just to give his opponent something to think about, before bringing his shield right back up in defense.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 am

She managed to step to one side, her body dodging the blade, but her clothes not. The sword cut into her singlet, almost getting caught. But she dug her dagger into the shirt, cutting it as it pushed the sword away from her at the same time. She twirled, moving closer to him with a sudden, blurred movement, and delivered a solid kick to his shield, more powerful than it looked like she would be able to manage. She didn't wait for him to counter attack as she once again rolled sideways, staying close to him now. She was caked in dirt and sweat from the rolling, and her stomach was visible from her torn shirt, but she ignored it, concentrating entirely upon her target. He was quick to adjust his tactics, she realized, and that meant she'd have to adjust hers.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Instead of bracing himself and locking his body to block the kick rigidly as most people would have done, Malcolm relaxed a little, his arm (and by extension his torso) flexing to absorb the force of the blow as much as possible. This subtle, tricky technique required less energy than meeting the attack full-on, and even though Kyra was no endurance powerhouse like Brandon, Malcolm valued conserving energy. His M.O was always to tire out after his opponent.
If she's smart, she'll be switching her tactics up fairly soon, the son of Athena thought, delivering another fast jab before preparing for a counterattack. This time, he made a point not to be shuffling unnecessarily.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:03 pm

She was getting a little frustrated now, not that he wasn't getting hurt, but that she could feel herself getting hyped up. That her Ares blood was was getting excited.
I hate it when this happens....I get recklass she thought, and backed away carefully, taking deeper breaths as she hoped to calm herself.
By putting distance between them, she knew she would need a weapon with more range, and slipped the large dagger out of her sleeve. As she gripped the hilt, the blade extended, and it became more of a short sword than a dagger. She held it ready, her deep breathing obvious as she forced herself to breath slow and calm.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Malcolm and Kyra circled each other for a few moments, well out of range of each other.
"Tired yet?" Malcolm asked. To most people, that sounded like trash talk, but that wasn't his style. The son of Athena had a much more sophisticated purpose. It didn't matter what Kyra said, or even if she didn't say anything. Her response, verbal or otherwise, was enough for Malcolm to estimate how much stamina she had left.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:37 pm

This guys good....Kyra thought, grinning. She took one final deep breath, and suddenly was in his face, her long dagger hitting his sword, attempting to send it flying out sideways. At the same time, she grabbed his sword arm, not caring whether or not he was disarmed as pulled it towards her, her movements unnaturally fast.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Too reckless, Malcolm thought as Kyra brought herself into range by pulling his sword arm. The daughter of Ares received a shield in the face that knocked her solidly onto her rear. Malcolm had to give the girl some credit--she managed to knock his sword from his hand--but he had another weapon. In a flash, his chess knight was out of his pocket and expanding. Malcolm ended up standing over Kyra, the point of his favoured spear right under her chin.
"You've got skill, lass," Malcolm complimented. "But always keep in mind that being overly aggressive will most likely get ya killed against a solid and patient defensive opponent." The son of Athena put his weapons away, signifying that the sparring match was over, and extended a hand to help Kyra up.

"Nice job," Brandon murmured, nodding in respect. To be honest, he felt that he would lose against Kyra if they sparred--she was so fast, and though he was full of strength and stamina, he didn't have a shield and his axe was a little too slow to defend against multiple flying daggers. It seemed like she was the paper to his rock.

Last edited by Inferno on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:29 am

She grinned, and took his hand. "Yeah, thats the thing with me. I get into this....mood sometimes. And I either have to kill someone, or..." she trailed off, shrugging her shoulders. "Thanks, though, you're quite a tough opponent, it was good sparring with you" she said, stretching her arms as she looked around for her daggers.
"Hey....do you guys know where I can get some pistols?" she asked suddenly, frowning a little. "I feel like trying my hand at shooting."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:20 am

Brandon's eyes lit up--this was his area of expertise. "Unfortunately, guns are hard to come by around here, thanks to a conservative administration and general closed-mindedness. However, a few guys, like me, have modernized."
The son of Ares took his .44 Magnum Colt Anaconda revolver from his left shoulder holster and tossed the weapon to his sister. "You be careful with that. Both my pistols fire big bullets, with big recoil."
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 pm

She grinned at him as she caught it. Holding it up, she examined it closely before testing its weight in the palm of her hand. "Feels way different to daggers" sh muttered, knowing she was stating the obvious. Suddenly, she gripped the handle and aimed at one of the dummies on the other side of the arena. She seemed stuck in that position for awhile, but then suddenly shook her head and lowered the gun. "Not the same as my Ma's" she said simply, twirling the revolver playfully before handing it back, handle first, to Brandon. "I don't know what it is, but all I know is that it's one hell of a revolver" she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Brandon nodded. In a quick movement, he brought the weapon up and fired with one hand. One of the dummies' heads burst open, ripped up and nearly in half.
"Oh, it is," he said, holstering the revolver. "Normal .44 rounds can take down a moose with a single shot. Just think about what celestial bronze bullets can do. Nothing short of a drakon or a big Cyclops is gonna be standing after one of these hits 'em. Word of advice--you ever fire a large caliber pistol, use two hands. I'm strong and practiced, so I can use just one, but most people would have the gun sent flying. Plus, they'll hurt their wrists."

"Exercise is good for ya, bro. Come on, get in there," Jeremy Willis said as he prodded his older brother along. Despite being 6'6" with plenty of athleticism and fighting skill, Jerrod Willis was quite passive. He would rather read or spend quiet time alone than spar. Jeremy had to coax him into the arena, though it had gotten easier over the years.
Jeremy spied three people already there--a big son of Ares, an average-sized son of Athena and a tall girl. Out of the trio, the girl was the only one unfamiliar to Jeremy, but he knew one thing already. She was hot.

When Jerrod laid eyes on Kyra, he nearly left right then and there. The guy was incredibly shy around girls, especially pretty ones. They intimidated him more than any monster, because he had no idea what to say or do around them. At least he knew monsters were to be killed.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Kyra laughed, shaking her head a little. "Yeah, I kinda found that out the hard way" she said. "Stole my uncle's, and broke my wrist" she explained, before noticing two newcomers. Her eyes stuck to the taller of the two, mostly because of height, but also his sudden awkward shyness that made her smile. She looked at the shorter boy who was dwarfed by the older, and saw the resemblance almost immediately.
Must be brothers, she thought, shaking her head as she returned the last dagger to its sheath on her back. She smiled, nodding a greeting to them.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Jeremy waved back and whistled, before jogging forward. "What's up, hot stuff?"
Brandon rolled his eyes. "Oh, good gods. I apologize for Jeremy Willis here, Phoenix. He is as much of a flirt as any Aphrodite kid, though he's Hermes."
Jeremy scoffed. "You're just jealous you can't get a girl."
"I don't want a girl, Jerry," Brandon retorted.
"Good day, mate," Malcolm said. Jeremy nodded at him.
Fifteen feet away, Jerrod hung his head. The girl had looked at him and smiled. What did that even mean? Most likely she was laughing at him for lack of guts.
Maybe I should just get up there and say hello, a slowly-emerging bold side of Jerrod thought. But he couldn't make a decision.
Back to top Go down
Avawstar

Avawstar

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 am

Phoenix barely stifled a laugh at Jeremy, covering her mouth with a hand. "You're a confident one, aint'cha?" she said, shaking her head as she watched him. "But sorry kid, you're too young for me" she lowered her hand, still smiling though.
"Isn't your brother gonna come say hello?" she added, looking over at him. "Or is he really that...shy?" she asked, smiling again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see how fast (open)   Lets see how fast (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets see how fast (open)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next