Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

When Inspiration Strikes..

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
azifay

When Inspiration Strikes.. Empty
PostSubject: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Fiona made her way down to the lake's edge. The urge to write struck her like a bee sting. She found a spot near the lake that was away from those who were busy playing games. She did not want to disturb the other campers. She sat down on the sandy shore, kicking off her flip-flops, sticking her feet into the water. She pulled out her spiral bound notebook and black ballpoint pen before she started to write. When inspiration strikes, Fiona must write.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:09 pm

We walked alog the water's edge, just relaxing when we saw a girl wrighting nearby. "What are you doing?" we asked her while sitting down "We are Freeman, we just go by Free though."
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:42 am

Fiona looked up at the person who came to her. She tilted her head, not used to people coming up to her in camp. Camp was one of the few places people did not try to fawn over her. "I am just writing some poems."She closed her notebook and rested it down in her lap."I am Fiona, Pleased to meet you Free."She smiled, holding her hand out to him.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 pm

We took her hand and shook it. "We are pleased to meet you" we said smiling."We like poetry,Mom used to read it to us when we were younger, though her poems were sad. Are yours sad too?" we asked.
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 am

"Sometimes it is sad, sometimes it is happy. I write all kinds of poems. " She smiled down at him. She was curious about why this young spoke saying 'we'. He did look young, so maybe he had an imaginary friend or perhaps a small pet in his pocket. She did not want to be rude, so she did not ask. "This one I wrote was a haiku,"she continued to smile while she looked out to the lake.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am

"We haven't heard much haiku, Mom siad they were to short to be any real use. But we like the ones we've heard." We saw the confused look on her face"Are you wondering why we refer to ourselves as such?" we asked shyly
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 am

"Any poetry can be put to use, but then again I really like poetry a lot. So I guess my opinion might be a little biased. " She said softly. She was caught off guard by his response. "Well maybe a little, but I really do not want to be rude and get nosy."
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 am

"Yeah, poetry can be fun, Mom just didn't like it." we said as we layed back on thr slightly damp ground. "You wouldn't be being rude to ask, or at leat people ask me all the time. We were kiddnapped when we were younger, and our two besr friends were killed in frint of us, thats when we stated using we instead of," we steuggled to get the word out "I."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 am

Raphaela walked at the lake side, hands in pockets and head down. She had just noticed the grave of her friend, Gen, and she seemed like the world grew dark. "Why?!" she screamed over the horizon and fell on her knees.
Sobbing, she pulled out a poem Gen taught when she first met her.
Poem:
she couldn't continue, pain was too much.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 am

we heard someone cry out and we faced the sound. someone was crying, we knew about grief. "Hold on," we told Fiona and we went up to this new person and hugged them from behind
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 am

Raphaela's sobbs got caught in her throat. Someone actually hugged her. She tensed up from the body contact and saw a boy. "Wh-what are-are y-ou doing?" she asked him between sobs. Her hands trambled and she balled them into fists, trying to shake away the pain.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

"We are making the pain go away," we told her qith a small smile. "Do you want to talk about what happened," we said echoing our grief counsler.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:49 pm

She pulled back a little. "No-Not now." she whispered. Tears threatening to fall again, she looked down. Embarassed as to why someone noticed her little morn, she blushed a bit.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:27 pm

We nodded, talking was always hard. "We understand." we told her and broght her over to Fiona. "Sometimes the best thing to do is forget." we told her
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:43 am

Fiona was caught off guard again about who Freemon shared with her. She was about to speak to him again when he ran off. She waited for his return, which he brought another young girl with him. Her eyes were puffy, this caused Fiona to frown. "What is wrong?" She knew she might not get an answer; however, she had to at least ask. This new girl seemed completely distraught.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 am

She shrugged a bit. "Pain." she said as if it cleared everything up. She sat by the girl and sighed. "It-Its just been hard. Being in camp. That's all." she said with a weak movement of a smile.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

We smiled at her and sat down "Would you read us your peom?" we asked Fiona
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 pm

"I am sorry for the pain..."Fiona said softly. She looked down nervously when Freemon asked her to share her haiku. "Um, all right. It is not very good, but all right." She slowly opened up her notebook, flipping the page to her newly written poem. She took a deep breath before she started to speak.
'Sitting Here, I wait.
Watching water flow freely.
Funny how time flies.'
She closed the notebook back up, and started to stare out to the lake."What do you guys think?"She asked while glancing up to Free and the new girl.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:06 am

She smiled. "That's nice." she said. The haiku reminded her of the next line of Gen's poem. "That reminds me of a friend's work." she said and winced, knowing that her friend was never to be heard from again.
"Here I am again,
Crying as it seems,
Cause we'll always be together,
Together in my dreams." she said, her eyes filling up with unshed tears, so she looked out into the shimmering lake.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 pm

We simled at flow of the words over us, we had allways loved poetry "They're both lovely," I told them, feeling they're rythm in our mind.
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 pm

"It is a nice poem. A little on the dark side but everyone has there styles."Fiona sensed the sadness from the girl, it made her frown a little. She wanted to comfort the girl, she just did not know how. "Sometimes, when I am sad or upset. I just let it lash out....it helps me."She mostly lashed out by herself or near her father. But she figured the girl just needed to release everything that was bothering her.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

We smiled slightly, glad that both girls seemed to be getting along. I leaned on the new girl, then relized I didn't know her name. "What are you called?" I asked "I'm Free, son of Hephestus."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 am

"Raphaela. Tanathos." she said with a smile. "And I don't really 'Lash out.' I never learned to." she said with a shrugg.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 am

"We've never really 'lashed out' either." We told them. "we meditate, we find it calms us down and helps us forget."
Back to top Go down
azifay

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 am

"I am Fiona daughter of Aphrodite."She said softly while staring down at her feet."It is not really something to learn. It is just venting out your feelings. Sometimes people just write it out, while others prefer to speak it verbally."She said while looking up at them."Meditation is good. Never works for me though, I get too lost in thought and usually come up with some poem or story."She laughed lightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Inspiration Strikes..   When Inspiration Strikes.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Inspiration Strikes..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next