Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Out to Swim [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tethys
Experienced Poster

Out to Swim [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Julia walked onto the soft sands of the beach. She walked over the cool, damp sand to the shore. She was wearing a purple one piece swimsuit. Brushing her hair aside, she took a step into the water. She stepped back in alarm, feeling the chill of the ocean in Winter. Again, she took a step into a shallower part, where the waves barely lapped. She stood there, and kept inching farther into the freezing waters, until it was up to her waist.

She stood there for a couple minutes, reluctant to go any farther. She sighed, and without a second thought, she dived under. The icy water covered her skin, and she could smell the salty tang of the ocean. After going back up, she gasped for some air. She was about to go back under, when she saw someone out on the shore. Smiling, she waved, "Hello!"

Last edited by Wish Chance on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Alec honestly had no idea what he was doing on the beach or how he had gotten there. This was an unusual occurrence for him, as he usually thought everything through before acting. This time, though, he had just started walking, no direction in mind, and had ended up near the water. He didn't mind; he liked the ocean. Staring at it always calmed his mind.

Alec was brought out of his head by the sight of something moving in the water ahead of him. The teenager stopped and turned to look. Was that a person? What sort of lunatic would go swimming on a cold winter day? "Idiot," Alec muttered quietly.

The boy was startled when the swimming person popped out out of the water and turned toward him with a smile and a wave. He wasn't sure how to respond. He didn't know this girl and didn't really want to if she was stupid enough to go swimming in freezing water. Still, he gave a half-hearted wave back, if only to be polite.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 pm

The boy waved back, but it seemed reluctant. Curiously, Julia walked up to the shore. Her teeth were chattering, for the air seemed a lot colder than the ocean waters. Shivering, she waded up to the shallowest part of the beach, to get a closer look.

The demigod looked a year or two older. She saw that his hair was messy and brown. She looked into is eyes, and saw they were gray. A son of Athena, maybe? That excited her a bit. Julia loved meeting her siblings. Giving a kind smile, she said, "You must be another Athena kid because of your eyes. Well, other gods have silver eyes, like Artemis, but Artemis doesn't have children, and silver is a bit different than gray... so..." realizing she was rambling, she smiled, and held out her hand for him to shake, "Julia. Daughter of Athena."
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:44 pm

The girl was making her way over to him. Fantastic. Alec wasn't any good at talking to other people. That was mostly their fault, though. If someone wasn't intelligent, he wasn't going to waste words on them.

As the girl drew closer, Alec studied her. Not very impressive or unique. Though really, what did that matter? Of course, it didn't. Her brain was what mattered. Hopefully she wasn't stupid, though she had been swimming in the middle of winter. He cold see from her shivers that she was paying for it, too.

The girl came up to him, smiled, and began to ramble. Alec paid attention out of courtesy, but didn't really focus on what was said. t was only when the girl, Julia, mentioned that she was a child of Athena that he began to really take notice of her. So she was also from Athena? Maybe she wasn't that bad after all. Alec gave a small smile back and shook her hand. "Alec, also a child of Athena."
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am

Finally, Julia splashed out of the water. She was soaked and shivering, plus her teeth were chattering. "Awesome. It's nice to meet another sibling," she said with a smile. Shakily brushing her soaked hair aside, she added, "How are you liking camp?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Though she had earned a smile from him (quite an accomplishment), Alec wasn't sure what to think of Julia. If the girl wasn't careful, she'd catch pneumonia and die, or at least get a bad cold. He would think that she, being a daughter of the goddess of wisdom, would have thought of that before going swimming in cold water on a cold day. Apparently she hadn't, however. That was odd.

"It's alright, I suppose," Alec replied with a shrug. "Not much for me to do. But, that doesn't matter. It's home." After a few seconds, he couldn't contain himself any longer and spoke again. "Forgive me for asking, but why would you want to go swimming in the middle of winter? I can see how cold you are."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out to Swim [Private]   Out to Swim [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out to Swim [Private]
Page 1 of 1