Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Bellinda sighed as she slumped down to the ground. She had a frown on her face and her purple and crimson dyed bangs hung in her face. They contrasted with her platinum blonde hair, giving her a rather odd look to her. Her bright violet eyes didn't help this matter. Except today, her eyes held an expression of sadness and rejection. It's not that she wanted a love-dovey relationships. They're stupid, idiotic and the thought that someone could be satisfied with one person for the rest of their lives was simply ridiculous. However...Bellinda couldn't help the longing desire for companionship that she so desperately, and privately, yearned for.

Her best friend was in love and getting married, her other friend was happily in a relationship..and her? She was alone...stuck with her bottles of wine and her sarcastic remarks to dismiss the subject of loneliness. However, she couldn't help the pang in her heart...
Bellinda roughly shook her head, feeling as her shaggy, shortly cropped hair flew around her face a bit. 'This is stupid...Like I'd ever been in some dumb relationship..' she thought, silently shooing away the subject. Bellinda uncapped her bottle of wine. The crimson liquid sloshed around in the green tinted bottle.

Bell tipped the bottle to her lips, feeling the warming yet cooling drink slide down her throat. Bellinda chuckled to herself, leaning her head back a bit. "Alcohol...makes everything better," she said to herself.

Bellinda screwed the cap back onto the bottle, setting it on the ground beside her as she rumaged roughly through her bag. After a moment, she pulled out her notebook.
Bellinda absentmindedly flipped through the pages, watching as a flurry of poems and sketches flew by. Bellinda sighed, not feeling like expressing herself in either of these forms of art. She pulled out her camera. It was a Nikon D3000, a nice DSLR camera that she kept with her in a case. She removed the lense cap, adjusted her ISO to the surrounding light and brought the camera close to her face. She pressed the button and...

Click

The sound of the shutter opening and closing reached her ears. Bellinda looked down at the screen of the camera. It was of some grapes and strawberries, the two fruits that grew in these fields. "It's a little bright.." she muttered to herself.

Bellinda continued to adjust the settings of the camera, hoping to get a better picture next time.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Twiddling his thumbs out of habit, Ace stared through the branches - the branches of the tree he was leaning against - at the clouds. Storm sky eyes blanker than usual, he inhaled deeply before exhaling slowly. Pushing his necromancy powers past their limits wasn't a good idea, he knew this, but he had done it anyways. Truth be told, he was jealous of his siblings, the ones who seemed to be so much more powerful than he was. They had more experience, more talent, more of practically everything. He was kind of resentful. Most of them were younger than him too! As one of the eldest children of Hades, Ace should have been a role model for his little brothers and sisters, he should have been stronger. That was why he pushed himself so hard sometimes, even though he knew the consequences of his actions, he kept going on and trying to expand his abilities anyways.

He was exhausted. He had tried to summon more than two skeletal warriors earlier, while training. That had been a bad idea. His knees had buckled immediately - though he had managed to remain standing, his bones felt like jelly, it suddenly took immense effort to support his own weight, once he'd finally given into the finally hit the ground he had to get his shaky arms underneath him to push himself up. It had been recommended that he rest for a while before trying to do anything like that again. Ace felt so weak, it was frustrating and just plain infuriating. Going tense when the wave of anger washed over him, he stared at his hands and shut his eyes.

Never before had he felt so.. hopeless and decrepit. The feeling was disheartening. It usually took a lot to dishearten him, but he just didn't seem to be good enough once he got to camp. Being surrounded by some of the best warriors ever did that to his self esteem. He should have came to Camp Half Blood when he was younger, that would have been the better choice, but he couldn't resent his decisions now, that would leave little time for anti-brooding time. Although, everyone seemed to think that brooding time for Hades kids was all the time. Stereotypes. Even at a place like this they existed, and they almost everyone thought they were true. Idiotic.

"Why am I still awake?" He asked himself in an irritated tone, mussing his hair and glaring at the tree branches above him. His posture at the moment would make his mother freak out, he realized this subconsciously and straightened. Old habits die hard and one of his older habits was correcting anything that his mother found fault in. It was almost an obsessive thing of his, but he was much too lazy to have any real obsessive things in his life. Some people claimed that he was kind of a neat freak, but he wasn't. Or, he didn't think he was. Diverting his gaze, the looks of some girl seemed to jump out at him as he scanned the fields. She looked.. different, that was for sure. But a good different. He couldn't really make out the details of her appearance over the distance, after all, he didn't have Superman vision.

Boy, did he wish he had Superman vision. That would make some things in his life so much easier. To be honest with you, Ace wore glasses sometimes. He sure as heck wouldn't stick some sketchy thing like a contact in his eye, so glasses it was. He thought he looked like a total dork with them, so it was more of a closet thing. Glasses were inconvenient for a halfblood to have to use, since they might have to jump into battle at any given time. Slashing around blindly would have to do for the moment. Standing up laboriously, he grimaced at the amount of energy it took to get to his feet and yawned. So tired. It would have been wiser to just sleep, but hey, since when was Ace a wise guy? Though the girl looked interesting, he wasn't going to initiate conversation or anything. That wasn't the way he rolled.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Bellinda fiddled with the settings in her camera, taking test shots to check and see if the picutre were bit too dark or too light. She grumbled her frustration, trying to find the perfect setting. She gave an exasperated sigh, setting her camera in the ground as he rose to her feet. "Why can't I do anything right?!" she snapped, running her fingers through her hair.

Bellinda rose up to her full height of a puny 5'1". It was her father's fault she was this short... She always felt unaccepted here. Because of her small height, she wasn't the best figther. And everyone who saw her simply assumed she was a crazy, rude drunk like her father. She kicked a pebble, watching as it flew into the woods. "I'm not like my father..." she grumbled, almost trying to reassure herself.
Her father not only was dislikes throughout camp, but Bellinda wasn't exactly miss popular Apgrodite daughter either. Her lack of social skills, rude remarks, and quick temper made it so not many stayed friends with her. And some gave her no chance at all.

Bellinda sighed, bending down to pick up her camera. She tried again with her photo, kneeling down in the dirt to get the rift angle. She zoomed in with mer manual lense and heard the click of the shutter.
Bellinda looked at the picture and nodded her head. 'That's better...' she thought with a nod.

Bellinda kept the camera to her eye, scanning the area around her. Her attention was caught by a figure among the trees. She zoomed in a bit, trying to see if she could identify the stranger.
Sadly...the surrounding area was too dark.
Bellinda simply lowered get camera, narrowing her vibrant purple eyes. "You know what the great thing about zoom is? It helps you see thins that are far away," she said in a raised voice so whoever was in the trees could hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 am

A c e A s h f i e l d
They can't hurt you unless you let them.

Raising his head when she spoke to him because he was just vain enough to assume that she was speaking to him - well, that and the fact that nobody else seemed to be around them at the moment, Ace raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. She had said such a strange thing, he stared at her like she was a weirdo and was about to take a few steps forward, but he decided that it wouldn't be such a great idea since the first step wasn't a huge success. The first step forward had resulted in him almost falling on his face because he wasn't used to being so weak. Almost falling on face. Luckily, he hadn't.

"Gee, that's just fascinating." He drawled, rolling his eyes and smirking humourlessly. "And it's just so great that you decided to share that engrossing fact with me." Ace realized that he wasn't being exactly the most friendly person right then, but you know, whatever. Being weak made him cranky. Very cranky. Plus, the Aphrodite girl he had a tiny crush on had torn his heart to pieces and stomped on them before walking away. Well, not literally. But the walking away part did happen. He had been stupid to like her anyways. Girls were.. enigmas. Hard to figure out, it was also quite frustrating. Rarely did he ever meet a simple girl. A simple girl with basic needs, one that didn't care so much about trivial things like diamond rings for gifts and having a wardrobe that could clothe ten homeless children for years. It was just stupid.

"I'm.. not too big a fan of techinical stuff." Ace admitted, though it sounded kind of random, but she was holding a camera so his brain had wandered from the topic of girls to technology. All the computer stuff was really confusing and they required some sort of genius to fix them. He had no time to be a genius. No time at all.

Most people would deny it though. That it required a genius to fix them. But it was true for the most part. Then the theme from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers blared from a smaller device he had forgotten about. New text message. Yes, Ace knew that cellphones were a bad thing for demigods to have but he usually didn't call them, he just e-mailed them or sent them a text message. Looking back to see if she had reacted to the song before hopping over to the black slide phone - forgetting about his momentary weakness - Ace pushed the phone over and scanned the text on the screen with some difficulty before responding. It had been his best and only buddy. But the guy was a normal human so he hadn't came to camp with Ace. Well not normal, he could see through the mist as well so Ace hadn't needed to explain a whole bunch to him. They were pretty good friends, knew each other since middle school.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 am

Bell frowned, hearing his comment. It wasn't normal for her to meet someone just as...rude and sarcastic as she was. To be completely honest it was...rather refreshing. She simply snorted and rolled her eyes as a response and went back to taking her pictures. Hearing his response about technology she lowered her camera, glancing over at him with a snear. "Are you too hard-headed to spend more than five minutes trying to work with technology? Or are you just plain stupid?" she retorted.

Bell had never been one to really care about people. Well..there was Daemon but that's beside the point. Bell's past record for keeping a lasting friendship or relationship of anykind was rather low... She supposed it was her fault for doing that..but she just acted like she didn't care. After all..what's the point of caring? It will just get you hurt when they leave..

Bell pushed the thoughts away, telling herself that there was no point in dwelling on past idiots. What was the point in letting people see who you really are? They'd just end up hurting you or leaving aftt one simple little sarcasti remark. But who cares anyway? They leave...you move on and eventually forget about them. But...You never really forget..

Bell grumbled under her breath in frustration at the fact that she couldn't seem to stop thinking. It was then she heard it...the cellphone. She snorted at the ringtone, finding it childish. "Wow...you're either so vain that you think that no monster can hurt you even if you tell them exactly where you are with a cellphone...or you actually are stupid. But both isn't out of the question either," she said with a rather crooked grin. Ah...how she adored sarcasm and rude comments. It kept people away...and that's exactly what she hoped it would accomplish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 am

A c e A s h f i e l d

"It's funny that you think I'm a moron when you can't seem to think of any synonyms for stupid." Ace retorted, narrowing his eyes and ignoring the questions she had asked about his level of intelligence. Instead, he decided to focus on the fact that she had snorted when she heard his ring tone. "How dare you snort at the sound of something sacred?" He asked, clutching his chest as if it offended him a large amount on a personal level.

"Uncultured children these days. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are the greatest thing you may ever stumble across. How old are you anyways, thirteen?" He had never really been a people person, and he had always been terrible at guessing ages, and remembering names and birthdays. Rolling his eyes once again, he scoffed and read the new text message his buddy had sent him. It was a really bad habit, rolling his eyes was, but he just couldn't seem to stop doing it. Old habits die hard after all.

Why did he keep saying that? Even since he had gotten it in his head, he seemed to apply it to everything. Because it was, well, applicable to everything. Another stupid thing in his head - another white elephant. And there were so many useless thoughts in his head too. Just floating around and making themselves known for no particular reason. Just like people really. Irritating and they filled his head with the lamest things. Scowling, he replied to the text message before snapping the phone shut and tucking it in one of his pockets. He couldn't get over the fact that this girl seemed to think that everything he did was because he was just plain stupid.

He wasn't stupid, Ace just had his airhead moments. Like when he had gotten the cellphone. He had only gotten it to anger someone actually. Diverting his gaze, he ground his teeth and rubbed his sore shoulder. He would train later. Training occupied his mind. Then he remembered that he wasn't allowed to train for a while. Grimacing darkly, he clenched his fists. What else would he do to take his anger out? Letting out a low growl, one like a bear's, he mussed his raven black hair and crossed his arms.

(( I only know feminine habits, like biting your lip and stuff. O-e ))
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Bellinda scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I was trying to be polite and dumb it down for you a bit." she retorted with a crooked smile. Slowly shaking her head she turned her camera off and placed it back in its case. After she was done with that, Bellinda pulled out her bottle of wine and took a large swig. People always thought she was alcoholic...but she wasn't. Bellinda scowled at the thought. 'I just enjoy a drink of wine at times,' she thought in defense to the accusation.

Bellinda roughly shook her head to get rid of her thoughts. However...it never seemed to work. "So...are you just going to stay in the bushes? Cause you know...a conversation through foliage is one I haven't experienced yet.." she said, arching an eyebrow. Bellinda then grinned mischieviosly. A vibe slithered out of the bushes, following get commands and wrapping suddenly around the boy's ankle. Oh, how she adored jokes such as this...they truly were a fantastic source of entertainment.

ooc: That's okay xD I'm getting lazy so I'll be shortening my responses down to one-two paragraphs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 am

(( Yeahh, I'm going to start doing the same. >.> ))

"Hey, I bet I am superior to you when it comes to age, so respect your seniors. Okay?" He said, sniffing a bit and rubbing his nose. Then something came out of no where, grabbed his leg and dragged him out. Stumbling along with it, Ace's muscles clearly disliked the movement, and they let him know. He stifled a little cry of pain, glaring at the girl instead. "Oh, I get to make my own decision. That's just so great." Squinting at her, he tipped his head to a side and scrutinized her rather subtly, if I may say so myself.

"You're kind of short." He pointed out. "Oh! Don't tell me your age, I want to guess." He said, grinning. Ace enjoyed guessing things, much to the annoyance of others. "Seventeen?" Despite her height, she looked more on the mature side. Though he did know some kids that were incredibly responsible and such. It was kind of intense.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 pm

The vine loosened it's grip on Ace's ankle as it slinked away into the folliage in a snake like manner. Bellinda tipped her chin up slightly with a scoff and a crooked grin. "Sixteen...you were close I suppose.." she said, letting her thumbs rest in the belt loops of her jeans in a lazy, uncaring manner. Why did everyone always say sue was short? It was the first thing people noticed about her! And the fact that it was always said in a rather unintelligent manner only made it worse. She sighed, shaking her head with a frown. "And i'm not short...I'm taller that the legal height to be considered a dwarf. So I'm not short...everybody else is just unnaturally tall," she retorted, crossing her arms in a defiant manner.

Bellinda loathed being short..it was one of the many things that irritated her. It made her seem...weak and in need of assistance because she couldn't reach the high shelf. So what? It's not like that made her helpless and....Cute. What a horrible word. Puppies were cute..kittens and baby birds. She was none of these girlish things. 'I'm not cute..' she grumbled silently to herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 am

A c e A s h f i e l d

Talking to herself, that was cool. Wasn't like that was the worst habit of all, there were weirder ones out there. Even so, Ace couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and make a face before looking away again. "It's not an unnatural height." He said, defending himself because he thought what she said was mainly directed at him. Typical Ace. The difference in their height was quite large though. He towered nearly a foot above her, this conversation would have been awkward if Ace didn't have the habit of not meeting people's eyes. Ace prided himself on his rather intense, steely gaze.

And then there was the very much visible tattoo on his arm, but that wasn't gotten just because he was tough - which he so totally was, if he did say so himself. It was... It symbolized a promise of sorts. A promise he had made such a long time ago, he wouldn't be surprised if the person who made him swear never to forget, had forgotten them self. If you looked at the inky, intricate design close enough, you might notice one lone Forget-Me-Not in the midst. Forget-Me-Nots. She had given one to him before she left, he had grieved for a bit, and looked up the meaning of the small, true blue flower after. He had smiled when he found out the meaning. Smiled for the first time since she left him behind. It was perfect. The meaning was perfect, fit in. Typical of her really, she always made such things fit.

Remember me forever. He sure would. Ace Ashfield would never forget.

(( I wonder if I should make a character of this mystery Forget-Me-Not chick. >.> ))
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:38 pm

~*pokes at fiancee's sig* It's gone D8~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm

(( OH, THANK YOU MOO. <3

EDEEEEET: So yeah, Angel, I'm not going to be on for about a week or so and yeah, my future reply will be more delayed than usual. xD ))

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:43 pm

~You ish welcome~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]   A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Daughter of Dionysus and a Son of Hades...this should be fun. [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 1